GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct. I plan to do 2 more Uncharted 4's later in the week if the value doesn't drop.
Only problem with some of those are that they arnt all the same price at GS so you're losing some value since the b2g1 coupon subtracts the cheapest games. You planning on moving credit back to GS? There's still tons of values it seems even without the 50 percent bonus

Only problem with some of those are that they arnt all the same price at GS so you're losing some value since the b2g1 coupon subtracts the cheapest games. You planning on moving credit back to GS? There's still tons of values it seems even without the 50 percent bonus
GameStop groups the games by price so if you buy 3x $50 games and 3x $30 games you will get one $50 and one $30 free

Yeah I did "lose" a couple of bucks due to the sets of 3 not all being the same exact price, but it was worth it to look as legit as possible. Like I said I was skeptical that the GS employee would allow me to do B6G3 so I wanted to raise as little attention as possible.

I'm not planning on moving any back to GS, I'm just happy to have BB credit again. Although if the values get too good, I just might.

I also did a b6g3 today with a renewal coupon expiring 4/15.  Turned $143 GS into $144 BB and re-bought three $20 games I had previously unloaded to gs for $28

PES 2017 (only 1 in my area)

FFXV XB1
FFXV PS4

Uncharted 4

U4

U4

Uncharted Drake Collection

Ratchet and Clank

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (kept all 3 of these)

The employee looked surprised when he saw 3 turn free but I acted natural like that's how it's supposed to work and said that's why I bought exactly 9 total.

I also did a b6g3 today with a renewal coupon expiring 4/15. Turned $143 GS into $144 BB and re-bought three $20 games I had previously unloaded to gs for $28

PES 2017 (only 1 in my area)
FFXV XB1
FFXV PS4

Uncharted 4
U4
U4

Uncharted Drake Collection
Ratchet and Clank
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (kept all 3 of these)

The employee looked surprised when he saw 3 turn free but I acted natural like that's how it's supposed to work and said that's why I bought exactly 9 total.
Still have your receipt? Can you check and see which of those actually wound up free?

Ok. I don't want to get my account banned and loose my trade credit.
Here is a master level tip - don't keep your trade credit on your PUR card. Instead, keep it on a separate trade credit card.

Also, a trade ban would not result in you losing the credit on your card. You would need to be a blatant repeat offender or do something really silly for an account nuke.

Here is a master level tip - don't keep your trade credit on your PUR card. Instead, keep it on a separate trade credit card.

Also, a trade ban would not result in you losing the credit on your card. You would need to be a blatant repeat offender or do something really silly for an account nuke.
Thanks for the tip. Can I ask them to put all my trade in credit on a different card? I don't want to forget it so that's why I keep in my pro card.

Thanks for the tip. Can I ask them to put all my trade in credit on a different card? I don't want to forget it so that's why I keep in my pro card.
You won't be able to move the balance directly from your PUR card to a trade card, but you can make purchases and then return them and have that balance put on a trade card, That's pretty shitty I know, so maybe discussing the matter with your local cool GS employee would wield a better method.

You're fucked
55306005.jpg

Traded in 5 games tonite (Cali) and used Switch preorder to get 50% bump...thanks again CAG. 

about 2 days

ME:A reviews are out now, 75/100 average so far on metacritic.  Hmmm, do I pick up my best buy pre order, blast through the main story, and trade in the game (and keep a nice best buy exclusive steelbook) or just let the order drop off and die automatically... 

about 2 days

ME:A reviews are out now, 75/100 average so far on metacritic. Hmmm, do I pick up my best buy pre order, blast through the main story, and trade in the game (and keep a nice best buy exclusive steelbook) or just let the order drop off and die automatically...
I'm gonna try and power because I traddd in my copy of Zelda so it's that or work on my backlog lol no.

about 2 days

ME:A reviews are out now, 75/100 average so far on metacritic. Hmmm, do I pick up my best buy pre order, blast through the main story, and trade in the game (and keep a nice best buy exclusive steelbook) or just let the order drop off and die automatically...
When did gamers become critic whores? Jesus. Let the preorder die my friend, god forbid you blast through a game someone else said you wouldn't enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did gamers become critic whores? Jesus. Let the preorder die my friend, god forbid you blast through a game someone else said you wouldn't enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This started, when the selection of quality games started to out number everything. Usually the first half of the gaming calendar is dry. However thankfully not this year. Then of course due to time constraints it causes a gamer to start to pick and choose what titles they want to beat and have time to play. How will I figure this out? Well if a game I thought was going to have a high metacritic rating such as mass effect has a C grade, I'm going to put that on the back burner and make sure to get through great games such as Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wind which have a much higher Metacritic score. That's where my free time is going. But thanks for calling me a whore and assuming I have lots of time to play through these 40-50 hour games.

That would be really disappointing if Mass Effect fell flat.

The important thing to keep in mind is that it's a whole new trilogy so fans need to separate the expectations of a new story from the fond memories of Shepherd's story.

That would be really disappointing if Mass Effect fell flat.

The important thing to keep in mind is that it's a whole new trilogy so fans need to separate the expectations of a new story from the fond memories of Shepherd's story.
not really, we had a mass effect trilogy, it ended, make something new.

Wow...can't believe I screwed up and didn't trade Bomberman in for the 50% extra. I got busy yesterday and figured I'd just do it today.

I won't be able to try until I get off work, but there is a $25 bonus on hardware trades towards new hardware. Might be interesting if it works with multiple systems, especially retro. I was thinking about dumping mutiple retro systems towards the Xbox One S Minecraft bundle. Currently 250 in store + a free game.

FFXV, Uncharted 4, and Ratchet and Clank were rung up free.

As other cags have reported, the free games are done every third game down the list of descending price

So, does the order of the games being ringed up matter or does the POS arrange them automatially? Basically, in which order should they have to scan the games:

Option A; order dependent:
- $50 game
- $50 game
- $50 game (FREE)
- $10 game
- $10 game
- $10 game (FREE)

Option B:
-Games can be ringed up randomly (system automatically arranges like-priced items)

Just wanted some clarification, have a b2g1 coupon I need to get rid of soon, thanks in advance!

Damn, you guys are rude about this.
I seen plenty of users selling their codes on the Gamestop coupon trading thread for $2 thought it couldn't hurt to mention it here.
Not nowadays man. And certainly not for the most valuable B2G1 coupon. GameStop has added steps to ban accounts not associated with the account that received the coupon.

Just renew your PUR and wait the 2 days for your own coupon to populate on the app.

So, does the order of the games being ringed up matter or does the POS arrange them automatially? Basically, in which order should they have to scan the games:

Option A; order dependent:
- $50 game
- $50 game
- $50 game (FREE)
- $10 game
- $10 game
- $10 game (FREE)

Option B:
-Games can be ringed up randomly (system automatically arranges like-priced items)

Just wanted some clarification, have a b2g1 coupon I need to get rid of soon, thanks in advance!
The order they ring up the games doesn't matter, the point of sale will automatically take care of business

Ahh, I was hoping for this. I considered trading in stuff towards the +20% for Horizon​, but would rather let that game go on sale before picking it up. I absolutely want MLB 17​ though, and hoped they would carry the trade bonus over to it eventually. Glad it's started today (with KH 1.5+2.5​), will probably run MLB 16, Mordor GotY, and Ratchet & Clank over there. I might take Bloodborne​ around the game's launch, just got a taste of it last night.

Dammit 50% extra trade is finished fuck

Ppl give GS alot of shit but their trade values poop on BB :/
Not with newer stuff. Also, when GS does a 50% bump, it's 50% extra for PURP, 40% for non-members. When BB does it, it's 60% for members, 50% for everyone else. Right now, KH 2.8​ has a base of $24 at GS and a base of $25 at BB, for example. That, and BB is doing a straight 50% bump for all XB1, PS4, and Switch stuff. GS made you buy a Switch game or accessory.

But yes, GS is a lot better with older stuff. MLB 16​ on PS4 has a $9 base at GS, $0.25 base at BB.

Thinking about trading in both my Day One 500gb XB1's to get that $175 TIV towards the Switch. I just don't if I want a Switch that bad and I really do not want $350 of GS credit if I would cancel the preorder. But they are collecting dust and I'm not sure I would be able to get $350 cash for them via CL or FB locally.

Thinking about trading in both my Day One 500gb XB1's to get that $175 TIV towards the Switch. I just don't if I want a Switch that bad and I really do not want $350 of GS credit if I would cancel the preorder. But they are collecting dust and I'm not sure I would be able to get $350 cash for them via CL or FB locally.
I was told on the Switch subreddit, a Switch needs to be present for the bonus to apply and because they don't do reserves anymore the only way for the bonus to possibly work would be if they haven't sold out of the $500 bundle.

I ended up selling my Wii U on eBay for $225 so I can use towards an eventual Switch for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back