GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_mcoyopKPtO1qelyl4o1_400.gif
Seriously? I always thought it was a monthly $3000 limit. Damn, this would be my first trade ban if true. Sucks, but it was my fault

Anyone remember if BB trade ins count towards elite? I'm sure not since it's not money spent. I'm like 300 from elite and really want to move that shit.
i think they stopped that last year. i lost my elite and only spent $300 at best buy last year because the trade ins no longer counted, well and the trade in values were usually worse than gamestop.

traded in a pokemon moon for 50% more

got 27 got heroes for the switch and had to pay 8 bucks to renew edge
The meticulous punctuation and use of italics in frier's post contrasted with the word soup and total lack of consistency in slidecage is a truly artful contrast.

The meticulous punctuation and use of italics in frier's post contrasted with the word soup and total lack of consistency in slidecage is a truly artful contrast.
CAG posts are like works of art sometimes. Some are very decorated and detailed. Others are abstract and a collision of words and ideas.

Transferred some credit today from GS to BB. Forgot to take off the GS pre-owned sticker from one of the games and the employee who rang me up said they couldn't accept it "because it's pre-owned."

I knew they were full of it but instead of arguing I just came back later and took the sticker off before I went in. Took it in no problems lol. Fortunately I live right next to a BB so it's not too far.

Transferred some credit today from GS to BB. Forgot to take off the GS pre-owned sticker from one of the games and the employee who rang me up said they couldn't accept it "because it's pre-owned."

I knew they were full of it but instead of arguing I just came back later and took the sticker off before I went in. Took it in no problems lol. Fortunately I live right next to a BB so it's not too far.
That's dumb. I can usually let things go for the sake of not starting an argument, but this I couldn't...

Trading in at Best Buys around here is a total crapshoot. I don't even bother anymore. You'll get denied for the most arbitrary of reasons

I've actually heard that before but it was a new employee who said it to his trainer. She just gave him a look like I was probably giving him and said no, it's cool.

My 360 just died. It served me for 8 years. Currently I have an X1 and a Wii U. I have a 360 and PS3 backlog. Should I get a 360 or PS3? Anybody recommend buying one from Gamestop or somewhere else?

My 360 just died. It served me for 8 years. Currently I have an X1 and a Wii U. I have a 360 and PS3 backlog. Should I get a 360 or PS3? Anybody recommend buying one from Gamestop or somewhere else?
If you can get one with a free/cheap warranty I'd go that route. I bought a fat 60 gb ps3 from craigslist over GS because I got it cheaper about a year ago. I knew they were plagued with problems but this one looked to be in really nice shape. It shit the bed after 1 month on continuous use.

I'm pretty sure that MK9 is what did it in because it runs very hard on the system. When it finally died I was playing Mirror's Edge which is as good as eaten at this point. I've read about fixes and do a lot of mechanical/soldering work but I just haven't had time.

One time when I was flipping games from gamestop to walmart the employee said something about "as long as they aren't from Gamestop we can take them" and I just kept my mouth shut and let her continue on. Some people are just really dumb. (I had removed all stickers beforehand anyways)

How does the $5 Trade in coupon work? I just print it out and fill it out with the game i'm going to trade in?
Just have them scan the barcode on the electronic coupon (turning up the brightness of your screen really helps with scanning).

The section to be filled in is there for an employee to sign and date the card, when they give it to you, as it's only supposed to work for 2 weeks after signature.

If you can get one with a free/cheap warranty I'd go that route. I bought a fat 60 gb ps3 from craigslist over GS because I got it cheaper about a year ago. I knew they were plagued with problems but this one looked to be in really nice shape. It shit the bed after 1 month on continuous use.

I'm pretty sure that MK9 is what did it in because it runs very hard on the system. When it finally died I was playing Mirror's Edge which is as good as eaten at this point. I've read about fixes and do a lot of mechanical/soldering work but I just haven't had time.
Does Gamestop offer warranties on used consoles? Debating whether to get it from them or Amazon Warehouse but I don't know if they offer warranty also.

Does Gamestop offer warranties on used consoles? Debating whether to get it from them or Amazon Warehouse but I don't know if they offer warranty also.
They did last year when I was looking into buying a ps3.

One thing to do is buy the better models of consoles.

For example stay the fuck away from OG xbox 360s as they are made like pure garbage. I recommend the later model like the R2D2 version if you are going 360 route.

As for ps3 the slim (not super slim) is probably the way to go as it seems to best the best made of the bunch.

I would go with a preowned system at GameStop with a warranty. I recently bought a 500 gb superslim PS3 there with a one year warranty and I love it. Few moving parts, little chance of breakage. And I'm not a GameStop supporter or anything. I would recommend inspecting whichever system you buy before letting them ring you up.

I imagine you have a lot of 360 content that's BC on XB1, can't you work on it that way, rather than buy a console for stuff you might never get to?

One time when I was flipping games from gamestop to walmart the employee said something about "as long as they aren't from Gamestop we can take them" and I just kept my mouth shut and let her continue on. Some people are just really dumb. (I had removed all stickers beforehand anyways)
I had employees at two different Walmart stores tell me I couldn't trade in a Skylanders game because instead of a UPC code on the case it says, "NOT FOR RESALE." I tried to win that argument but to no avail. cexchange.walmart.com had no problem taking it though.

When I went in my store to preorder the Fire Emblem Echoes LE, there was already a lady in there buying a Switch, and one of the employees working had already bought one. They said they had a few left

Any word in Texas, more specifically in the Houston area.
Gamestop 2574

4543 Fm 1960 Rd W Ste G02

Houston TX 77069

Low Stock

But that has been lingering for days before the restock so I doubt you could get it.

Just pay attention my my inventory report on my spreadsheet. I have a feeling Texas is tomorrow.

Gamestop 2574

4543 Fm 1960 Rd W Ste G02

Houston TX 77069

Low Stock

But that has been lingering for days before the restock so I doubt you could get it.

Just pay attention my my inventory report on my spreadsheet. I have a feeling Texas is tomorrow.
Pretty sure that one doesn't actually have any...

Just got a message for the recon tech gamestop exclusive Xbox one controller. Looks nice, gonna have to get it.

http://m.gamestop.com/product/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-wireless-controller-recon-tech-only-at-gamestop/143670
I'm not sure why GS thinks this is exclusive to them.

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.5086911000

That being said, if I get this controller it will probably be from GS. :)
That is pretty nice, not gonna lie. Looks like it has the grip on the back like my lunar white controller, which I do need to get around to replacing. Might get that one down the line.

Just don't tell any of the anti-Nintendo people in the Switch threads that other companies sell $70 controllers. Their heads might explode.

I have a couple codes for 2$ movie tickets thru fandango, even works on 3D and IMAX. They have to be used today. Anyone want them? Blackbeard has right of first refusal.
Edit: gone

Can anyone speak to the "Get up to $50 extra trade credit for any iPad or iPad" promo? The header says "extra" but the fine print below just says "up to".

Are the current prices online including these bonuses?

anyone know the most cost effective way to convert from PS4 Slim to PS4 Pro?
I'm pretty much in the exact same boat, although instead of a slim I'm looking to trade in a 1TB Black Ops III system. Per my above post I'm hoping a few old iPods can help but I don't think that promo means what I think it means lol

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat, although instead of a slim I'm looking to trade in a 1TB Black Ops III system. Per my above post I'm hoping a few old iPods can help but I don't think that promo means what I think it means lol
Dying for Gamestop to bring back a promo for trading in PS4s

Your best bet would be to either hope and pray they do another Trade in bonus for consoles toward the pro or sell your ps4 on ebay or craigslist and use the money to buy a pro, basically only options you have. But I wouldnt expect them to do another trade up promo for the pro anytime soon when they had one for like a month plus about a month ago and with them doing one right now currently for the switch and with Scorpio rumored to be out later this year you are prob sol on a promo for the pro.

Your best bet would be to either hope and pray they do another Trade in bonus for consoles toward the pro or sell your ps4 on ebay or craigslist and use the money to buy a pro, basically only options you have. But I wouldnt expect them to do another trade up promo for the pro anytime soon when they had one for like a month plus about a month ago and with them doing one right now currently for the switch and with Scorpio rumored to be out later this year you are prob sol on a promo for the pro.
The one hope, the annual spring sales havent started yet.

Outside of that....... yeah

I swear this deal wasn't there earlier but now I see a bonus $25 hardware credit when trading in towards ANY new system, so that puts me at $175 for the BO3 PS4 at least if I decide to be lazy.

Can anyone speak to the "Get up to $50 extra trade credit for any iPad or iPad" promo? The header says "extra" but the fine print below just says "up to".
Are the current prices online including these bonuses?
I believe the prices don't include the bonus. I just traded in a 2gb ipod shuffle that had a base of $10 credit, according to the website and when I traded it in,got an extra $25 credit.

what would you say is a fair price to sell a PS4 Slim with a controller on Craigslist

Wondering if someone would be kind enough to summarize the deals right now. Read through 20+ pages but info is all over the place in between very helpful posts about traveling experiences.

It sounds like there is a trade coupon now? How do we get that?

People are using b2g1 coupons to flip to bby or something? Does the pur b2g1 now work on unlimited games instead of one group of 3?

Can anyone make some sense of this thread?

It sounds like there is a trade coupon now? How do we get that?

People are using b2g1 coupons to flip to bby or something? Does the pur b2g1 now work on unlimited games instead of one group of 3?
1. Get a physical card at register in store. Or cheese it with the image in the wiki post on the first page of this thread

2. Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back