GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really YMMV. I've gotten trade credit, gift card, and cash different times. More likely than not, it goes to trade credit.
Every time I've ever returned an online order I was refunded in cash. Even when they ask me how it was paid and I say credit they still hand me cash.

I know I didn't pay in cash for the items because I don't actually ever give GameSlop any real money.

Every time I've ever returned an online order I was refunded in cash. Even when they ask me how it was paid and I say credit they still hand me cash.

I know I didn't pay in cash for the items because I don't actually ever give GameSlop any real money.
Also sending cash through the mail is messy. :)

Thing is, some big box stores are closed and kids got money from the grams to spend. You would think they would at least do a one day b2g1 sale to drive traffic to their stores.

Most stores are closed on bad weather days and on the following holidays: Christmas Day, Easter Sunday, Independence Day (4th of July), Thanksgiving Day, and New Year's Day.

so im sitting on XB1 Killer Instinct, kinect rivals, minecraft favorites, state of decay, black ops 1+3 (360).  not sure whether to trade towards a spring sale product and get additional 30Z%   or wait for the bump of the month.        if i do trade them in right now,  whats the cheapest item to trigger the 30% extra credit?

A heads-up if it applies to you: The PUR Pro Pass coupon for $10 off any pre-owned game (priced $10 or more, obvs) finally hit my Active Offers, 10 days after I got an email about it. It expires 4/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so im sitting on XB1 Killer Instinct, kinect rivals, minecraft favorites, state of decay, black ops 1+3 (360). not sure whether to trade towards a spring sale product and get additional 30Z% or wait for the bump of the month. if i do trade them in right now, whats the cheapest item to trigger the 30% extra credit?
Just put in a pre-order for Mario Kart 8 on Switch. You'll get 30% if you're PUR, and you can get your $5 back later.

so im sitting on XB1 Killer Instinct, kinect rivals, minecraft favorites, state of decay, black ops 1+3 (360). not sure whether to trade towards a spring sale product and get additional 30Z% or wait for the bump of the month. if i do trade them in right now, whats the cheapest item to trigger the 30% extra credit?
The spring sale 30% extra trade in credit didn't trigger for me so I just traded my game in towards Persona 5. This also applies to Mario Kart 8 and MLB SHOW 2017

Well... in my quest to trade in for P5, the store I went to didn't have the bonus, so the clerk had to reserve a copy for me at a nearby store and put in a $5 bonus for MK8 so I can get the trade in bonus. Can I use the reserve money for another game now?

I'm hardcore eyeballing the Razer Ornata, butI thought better of it and will just wait for the next bump.

Sorry if this has been asked previously, I tried looking a couple days back and couldn't find an answer. Anybody notice the b3g1 free all retro software promo that is supposed to be running from 4/14 - 4/16?  The banner pops up when you click on the deals link on the very top of their main page.  I have been trying to get this to work in my cart by adding 4 games from their vintage section but it won't make the 4th one free. How does one go about trying to get this deal?

giphy.gif

so just found out about this thread and never knew about the stealth bump thing. makes me regret my previous trade ins, but at least i know now, so wanted to give a quick thank you to all the contributors, as I'm sure you've all been thanked enough. :)

quick question, does that $5 extra credit coupon still work? never knew about that either.

quick question, does that $5 extra credit coupon still work? never knew about that either.
I'm not sure if it's public knowledge in this thread as to exactly when that coupon expires ever since it has been brought back. I used one of them a week ago, and i'm pretty sure it's still active as of today.

so just found out about this thread and never knew about the stealth bump thing. makes me regret my previous trade ins, but at least i know now, so wanted to give a quick thank you to all the contributors, as I'm sure you've all been thanked enough. :)

As of a couple days ago I know it was working still.

I got an email about Deformers today that says it will be 50% off for PUR Pro and 30% off for PUR Basic during launch week.

Also says my preorder will be available for pickup on 4/20

I got an email about Deformers today that says it will be 50% off for PUR Pro and 30% off for PUR Basic during launch week.

I was just reading that email...so $15 for the standard or $20 for the CE? I wonder if that was a typo

Damn that 50% off is tempting. They already have Deformers in the stores. Here are the conservative estimates, Realistically I think brand new games are on or exceed the larger end of the range. So I'm guessing they printed 25K of each Standard and 10K of each CE.

:ps4:

Standard

New In Stock: 314
New Low Stock: 26
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 968 - 1936
National Range: 11104 - 22207
National Estimation: 16656

CE
New In Stock: 10
New Low Stock: 329
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 359 - 718
National Range: 4118 - 8236
National Estimation: 6177

:xb1:
Standard
New In Stock: 313
New Low Stock: 27
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 966 - 1932
National Range: 11081 - 22161
National Estimation: 16621

CE
New In Stock: 0
New Low Stock: 339
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 339 - 678
National Range: 3889 - 7777
National Estimation: 5833

As of a couple days ago I know it was working still.

I'm not sure if it's public knowledge in this thread as to exactly when that coupon expires ever since it has been brought back. I used one of them a week ago, and i'm pretty sure it's still active as of today.
oops, sorry, i meant is the one screenshot on the first page still working? im guessing you guys mean there is a new one in stores to pick up. I'll go check tomorrow. thank you! :)

I tried using that $20 off Nioh on a preowned copy and it did not deduct the 20 automatically. The employee wouldn't manually apply the discount either with his reason being "it was for new copies only". I didn't see anything on the coupon saying new specifically but I didn't argue. This guy working is actually one of the few really cool GS employees in the area.
So I ended up getting the new copy of Nioh but to be honest now that I'm home I feel like an idiot. I was looking at the back of the case and the characters were not the same ones as the gameplay video I recently watched. Nioh wasn't the game I wanted to play......It was Nier. Oh well I guess it's more battlefield tonight.

I tried using that $20 off Nioh on a preowned copy and it did not deduct the 20 automatically. The employee wouldn't manually apply the discount either with his reason being "it was for new copies only". I didn't see anything on the coupon saying new specifically but I didn't argue. This guy working is actually one of the few really cool GS employees in the area.
So I ended up getting the new copy of Nioh but to be honest now that I'm home I feel like an idiot. I was looking at the back of the case and the characters were not the same ones as the gameplay video I recently watched. Nioh wasn't the game I wanted to play......It was Nier. Oh well I guess it's more battlefield tonight.
Thanks for checking, literally checked the thread for this answer. Sucks about the confusion, nier actually does interest me more than Nioh, I thought if they let you use it on a preowned copy I'd be willing to try it

Damn, pretty nice deal for the CE especially since I was already going to pay $40 for the CE. Gamestop is actually coming through with a decent sale for once!

Damn, pretty nice deal for the CE especially since I was already going to pay $40 for the CE. Gamestop is actually coming through with a decent sale for once!
Hopefully it works with the CE too. (it better since that's what I preordered, and they emailed me about it)

I only put $20 down on the CE, so this will work out perfectly.

On the GS subreddit, one of the employees says the Deformers deal only applies to the base version, CE doesn't work with it.

Edit: And now there's disagreement on this. Great. I wish we could access their internal memos ourselves, this is nuts.

On the GS subreddit, one of the employees says the Deformers deal only applies to the base version, CE doesn't work with it.
That subreddit is run by complete cucks. Don't believe anything that they say there; Only believe what is confirmed here imho

The standard Deformers with the 50% off is a small boomerang if you add the 20% and the $5 coupon. It is slated for a $10 base right now. Might even be better on the 28th if it gets stealth bumped.

My phone conversation with the store's SL didn't leave me thinking the discount would only be for the vanilla version but also for the CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back