GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone used the Deformers 50% off with the standard version of the game?  If so, did the discount come off automatically when your Pro card was scanned or did it require a coupon?  I'm sure I'm going to get some resistance with getting my CE preorder at 50% off so I am curious to see how it works with the standard edition and I can use that towards my argument.

Has anyone used the Deformers 50% off with the standard version of the game? If so, did the discount come off automatically when your Pro card was scanned or did it require a coupon? I'm sure I'm going to get some resistance with getting my CE preorder at 50% off so I am curious to see how it works with the standard edition and I can use that towards my argument.
I went and picked up my collectors edition I didn't even have to mention the 50% they just did an override with no issues.

So if the workers looked at the promotion correctly under Power Up Reward Pro then there should have been a memo that they need to manually adjust it the discount. 

If not just wait until Friday because it's been theorized that the promo code isn't working because the game officially doesn't release until Friday. 

Weirdly most of my gamestop employee's were under the impression the game released on Tuesday 

I bought one of those action replay powersaves for Amiibo when they were on clearance. I thought you could overwrite Amiibo with another amiibo's data, so I bought some AC ones since they are so cheap. Turns out I was wrong, so know I have 4 AC amiibos for no reason. Haha.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I bought one of those action replay powersaves for Amiibo when they were on clearance. I thought you could overwrite Amiibo with another amiibo's data, so I bought some AC ones since they are so cheap. Turns out I was wrong, so know I have 4 AC amiibos for no reason. Haha.

mqdefault.jpg

I'm just going to buy the NFC tags for Zelda on ebay to use for BOTW instead of trying to hunt amiibo down or pay scalper prices. And before anyone says anything, I don't have an Android phone. Probably going to buy the set that has the tags come in card format with nice pictures on the front.

Picked up Mario Kart Double Dash :gc: and Pikmin :gc:  for $30.43 after tax from the retro sale. Good deal retro shops around here want $35+ for Mario Kart. Had bad luck from GC games from Gamestop so far, hopefully that changes. 

I'm pretty sure they're building a collection, not flipping.
What are they, stupid??!!!! The only reason to collect these things is to flip them!!!!!!

A friend of mine just got into collecting original xbox games. Against my counsel he ordered 3 copies each of a dozen different games he wanted, hoping that at least one would be complete and he'd return the rest. I have to assume GS wouldn't be too thrilled about (best case scenario) continually getting 24 games returned to them that they handled and shipped for free.

What are they, stupid??!!!! The only reason to collect these things is to flip them!!!!!!

A friend of mine just got into collecting original xbox games. Against my counsel he ordered 3 copies each of a dozen different games he wanted, hoping that at least one would be complete and he'd return the rest. I have to assume GS wouldn't be too thrilled about (best case scenario) continually getting 24 games returned to them that they handled and shipped for free.
Lol. I did that before on a B2G1. I ordered multiple copies of SW:force unleashed ultimate sith hoping for at least 1 complete copy. Sad to say, but disc only. I got weird looks when I returned them and a mini lecture about how " you play the game, not the cases". Yeah, well, I like to see cases on my shelf thank you.

"You charge the same for a loose copy that a complete copy sells for so why would I accept less of something for the same price?" should shut them up. Want me to not complain about lack of case? Charge me less than you would if it had one. 

24 games returned in a month is a almost a guaranteed banning.

Between yesterday and so far today Deformers has sold an estimated 1,100-1,200 non-pre-ordered physical copies in store across all platforms ( :ps4: :xb1: :pc:) this includes both Standard and the CE. Surprisingly enough the :ps4: Standard has sold the most so far ( Around 700 copies)

Between yesterday and so far today Deformers has sold an estimated 1,100-1,200 physical copies in store across all platforms ( :ps4: :xb1: :pc:) this includes both Standard and the CE. Surprisingly enough the :ps4: Standard has sold the most so far ( Around 700 copies)
Does that include preorders though? I believe they aren't reflected in inventory at first.

Does that include preorders though? I believe they aren't reflected in inventory at first.
Yes sorry that is correct, it does not include pre-orders just walk ins. I think in 2-5 days I will start seeing all non picked up pre-orders.

I am assuming :XB1: is going to have the worst player count of all platforms since there were no free Xbox codes and its physical copies don't seem to be taking off very well yet either.

Yes sorry that is correct, it does not include pre-orders just walk ins. I think in 2-5 days I will start seeing all non picked up pre-orders.

I am assuming :xb1: is going to have the worst player count of all platforms since there were no free Xbox codes and its physical copies don't seem to be taking off very well yet either.
You can say that again. No one is on the game atm on xbox. Literally no one on any game mode.

Between yesterday and so far today Deformers has sold an estimated 1,100-1,200 non-pre-ordered physical copies in store across all platforms ( :ps4: :xb1: :pc:) this includes both Standard and the CE. Surprisingly enough the :ps4: Standard has sold the most so far ( Around 700 copies)
fuck lol picking this up @ $30 would be insane. Even @ $15, I would be pissed off. I can imagine parents picking it up for their kids because the artwork looks fun though...very deceiving

The 50% PUR Deformer discount doesn't work for me, I was told to come back later for adjustment.  It's not tied to the account, there's a code the employees have to enter and they're having trouble with the code.

The 50% PUR Deformer discount doesn't work for me, I was told to come back later for adjustment. It's not tied to the account, there's a code the employees have to enter and they're having trouble with the code.
I had the CE preordered and all paid for. I was 3rd in line and a mom and her daughter was upsold the CE version as the worker said they might like the figures. And the worker gave them the 50% off. When I got to my preorder, I was given the receipt for pickup and was told the 50% don't apply to CE only standard. I had no issues paying $40 but if workers are going to single out who they want to give the promo to for CE than I am not supporting that store. I returned it right there and told the store manager that a customer in front of me was given the 50% but was not for my preorder. Walked away with a $10 gift card.

I'm just going to buy the NFC tags for Zelda on ebay to use for BOTW instead of trying to hunt amiibo down or pay scalper prices. And before anyone says anything, I don't have an Android phone. Probably going to buy the set that has the tags come in card format with nice pictures on the front.
Do those work the same way as the amiibos?

I keep seeing the Wolf Link one that has 20 hearts but don't know if they will work or mess up the game?

Do those work the same way as the amiibos?
I keep seeing the Wolf Link one that has 20 hearts but don't know if they will work or mess up the game?
They will either work or not scan, they won't screw up your game. If you can try to find the powersaves amiibo clearanced somewhere though. Make sure to get the one with the little disc/pick thing

Gotta love GS...

Ask them to try and snag me a copy of MLB MVP Edition from another store....

They try to make it sound like they can't do that (don't tell me that, you do it all the time)...

They know I really want a copy, so what do they do...instead of getting the exact copy I want which is 55 mi away, they ask the next nearest store to that for the HoF copy....

Nicely played GS....nicely played indeed!

I was disappointed. There were heart gold and soul silver copies at a store I went to.
What about the 4 for $10 deal on <$4.99? Hopefully thats still good until 04/23 ....I have still yet to go to GS since February o_O haven't decided between Jericho or Condemned for my horror fix as the 4th game yet .. now I gotta recheck inventory for a store to have all 4 games I want....

What about the 4 for $10 deal on <$4.99? Hopefully thats still good until 04/23 ....I have still yet to go to GS since February o_O haven't decided between Jericho or Condemned for my horror fix as the 4th game yet .. now I gotta recheck inventory for a store to have all 4 games I want....
Still good as of 04/19, I went in to pick four 360 games I had put in hold requests for via the site. Surprisingly three of the four games were CIB. Nabbed BF4, CoD: Ghosts, Fight Night Round 3, and Pure.

Still good as of 04/19, I went in to pick four 360 games I had put in hold requests for via the site. Surprisingly three of the four games were CIB. Nabbed BF4, CoD: Ghosts, Fight Night Round 3, and Pure.
Part of the fun is going to the store and finding CIB copies. I'm pretty picky since I won't get the ones with water damaged covers either. This weekend, I really need to play the ones that I bought when the sale began. I've purchased 16 games since it started and don't really need to spend anymore money on 4 for $10, but I might take another look when I'm out running errands tomorrow.

I'm afraid to even look at how many games I've bought with the 4/$10.

EDIT: went through my PUR history, and found 16 sets.

I remember hearing 4/23 but the weekly ad fine print makes it sound like it goes to 4/25.

Part of the fun is going to the store and finding CIB copies. I'm pretty picky since I won't get the ones with water damaged covers either. This weekend, I really need to play the ones that I bought when the sale began. I've purchased 16 games since it started and don't really need to spend anymore money on 4 for $10, but I might take another look when I'm out running errands tomorrow.
I have drive 20-30 miles to get to stores that don't throw away the cases. All of my local stores if it is 4.99 or under the case is gone. Half of the 9.99 seem to be gone now too lately.

The thrill of the hunt for CIB copies of games is definitely fun. I was just tired and knew what games I was looking for so I had them put on hold. I was fully expecting all four games to be in generic boxes w/ generic insert covers. Only CoD: Ghosts was in a generic case and has the original cover. BF4 and Pure are CIB in original cases and Fight Night Round 3 is in an original case w/ the generic cover.

IIRC I've picked up 16 games from the sale since it started as well. I was eying some other games but figured I'd better cool it.

I'm afraid to even look at how many games I've bought with the 4/$10.

EDIT: went through my PUR history, and found 16 sets.
What's being a gamer if you don't add to the backlog/collection? As long as you got the games you wanted that's all that matters.

crazyed said:
I had the CE preordered and all paid for. I was 3rd in line and a mom and her daughter was upsold the CE version as the worker said they might like the figures. And the worker gave them the 50% off. When I got to my preorder, I was given the receipt for pickup and was told the 50% don't apply to CE only standard. I had no issues paying $40 but if workers are going to single out who they want to give the promo to for CE than I am not supporting that store. I returned it right there and told the store manager that a customer in front of me was given the 50% but was not for my preorder. Walked away with a $10 gift card.
You got them to concede, but they only gave you a $10 GC and not 50% off Deformers CE? Stone cold.

Similarly, I tried to get the 50% off the CE at two different stores today and no-go. I have a good relationship with both stores so I didn't push the issue.

josekortez said:
16 games or 16 sets of 4 games?
sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back