GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/67qz6e/question_about_cod_wwii_preorder_and_b2g1_on/

So to get the B2G1 for preowned 360/PS3 games to work, you have to be a PUR member and have the employee enter this code: EBC30555592

And apparently there IS a bonus for preordering CoD WWII going on right now, even though it's not listed on the website. The worker says it should work today and this weekend. 40% for basic members and 50% for PUR. Dis gon be gud :D/
giphy.gif

I went and preordered COD WII and got the %50 extra trade in credit and a free hat too. I wonder if they'll ask for it back when I cancel the preorder. :p  I was never into shooters but I've only tried BF 3. I don't know how COD compares. I renewed my pro membership to get the buy 2 get one free coupon. I plan to use it on a store that has plenty of BotW Wii U and Switch versions. I'm getting 3 of each. Is there a limit on how many you can buy? I want to boomerang them all at another store but I don't want them to start asking questions. 

It appears like the Deformers pre-orders that were not picked up have become available.

Standard :ps4: About 300

Standard :xb1: About 200

CE :ps4: About 200

CE :xb1: About 100
Going have to amend this:

Standard :ps4: About 800

Standard :xb1: About 600

Standard :pc: None

CE :ps4: About 300
CE :xb1: About 100
CE :pc: About 50

Unless GS is shipping small shipments to stores still these are probably mostly not picked pre-orders and some returns. I am also assuming that pre-orders that were actually picked up were a fraction of these.

I went and preordered COD WII and got the %50 extra trade in credit and a free hat too. I wonder if they'll ask for it back when I cancel the preorder. :p I was never into shooters but I've only tried BF 3. I don't know how COD compares. I renewed my pro membership to get the buy 2 get one free coupon. I plan to use it on a store that has plenty of BotW Wii U and Switch versions. I'm getting 3 of each. Is there a limit on how many you can buy? I want to boomerang them all at another store but I don't want them to start asking questions.
Did you get your b2g1 coupon? I know a lot of people including me have been having problems receiving their coupon.

I went and preordered COD WII and got the %50 extra trade in credit and a free hat too. I wonder if they'll ask for it back when I cancel the preorder. :p I was never into shooters but I've only tried BF 3. I don't know how COD compares. I renewed my pro membership to get the buy 2 get one free coupon. I plan to use it on a store that has plenty of BotW Wii U and Switch versions. I'm getting 3 of each. Is there a limit on how many you can buy? I want to boomerang them all at another store but I don't want them to start asking questions.
You could PROBABLY get away with buying six of each, but you might have a hard time finding that many :wiiu: copies.

So can GS deduct money for a system traded with a smaller hard drive than stated? Or outright refuse the trade? Say I wanna upgrade from PS4 to PS4 Slim, for noise reasons, but wanna keep my 2TB drive to put in the Slim. The only other HDD I have lying around to put in the PS4 I'd be trading is a 250GB from an old PS3.

Do they even check the GB size of consoles you trade in?

I'm in that three month period between the heater being turned on and the air conditioner turned on and my launch PS4 is driving me insane. I can't put it anywhere else in the room but to my direct left. Super distracting. Could buy something like a cabinet entertainment center, but then I'd be worried about heat.

If it's not a 500 gb they won't take it. Soon 1tb will work too.

Trading the system in with less then 500 gb is mostly just screwing over whoever buys it.

I traded in my Wii U today and the employee tested it by playing Mario Kart for literally 20 minutes. The whole transaction took 45 minutes and I was the only person in the store with 2 employees. Pretty annoying. 

So can GS deduct money for a system traded with a smaller hard drive than stated? Or outright refuse the trade? Say I wanna upgrade from PS4 to PS4 Slim, for noise reasons, but wanna keep my 2TB drive to put in the Slim. The only other HDD I have lying around to put in the PS4 I'd be trading is a 250GB from an old PS3.

I'm in that three month period between the heater being turned on and the air conditioner turned on and my launch PS4 is driving me insane. I can't put it anywhere else in the room but to my direct left. Super distracting. Could buy something like a cabinet entertainment center, but then I'd be worried about heat.
Well what I'm gonna do is put the old 500gb back inside and keep my 2tb. What im wondering is Will I be able to put the 2tb into the ps4 pro?

You could get a USB-powered fan to blow the hot air out the front of whatever cubby hole you put the console in.

Just got an email, its 40/50 if u preorder Destiny 2 or CoDWW2 and its 50/60 if you preorder Destiny 2 AND CoDWW2 and its only valid for 4/29 and 4/30....also select CoD titles will be up to 50% off, as it is their COD weekend.

You could PROBABLY get away with buying six of each, but you might have a hard time finding that many :wiiu: copies.
The cashier I asked where I did a trade in told me that they had 10 Switch versions and 8 Wii U versions. I was thinking about getting 4 of each and then maybe getting pokemon heartgold or soulsilver but I only have enough trade in credit for 3 of each version.

I just got the email. I wonder if they'll give me the bonus if I already have WWII preordered. I might as well preorder Destiny 2 to get the bonus. I missed out on the Black OPS Collection so hopefully there's a trade bump and I'll grab some.

Here's the email with the weird new COD/D2 bonus.
[attachment=26415:IMG_5142.PNG]

This weekend is gonna be epic.

Hmmm..Been hanging on to BLOPS 1 and 2 to trade in this weekend, wonder if the value will still get a bump with the PS3 collection being on sale. Oh GS and your mysterious ways.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hmmm..Been hanging on to BLOPS 1 and 2 to trade in this weekend, wonder if the value will still get a bump with the PS3 collection being on sale. Oh GS and your mysteries ways.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
The trade in bump might happen on friday. I would just do it then. It goes on sale on saturday. It would suck if the value tanked.

With all the people hoping and banking on a trade in bump this weekend i think it would be epic if it didnt happen so we can read about all the whining and crying in this thread over the weekend.

So any promos going on for renewing your sub?

I heard something about B2G1 coupon.

Haven't upgraded to pro in years, last time I did they had a get $15 when you renew.

I traded in my Wii U today and the employee tested it by playing Mario Kart for literally 20 minutes. The whole transaction took 45 minutes and I was the only person in the store with 2 employees. Pretty annoying.
So you stood around and watch him entertain himself the whole time? You guys have to be more professional than this. I never have this happen to me. I'm in and out with a little random bs'ing every now and then.

You and others with similar experiences have to get your confidence up and get a little assertive when you have a assclown employee like that.

That's awesome. I'll probably buy the new cod and destiny 2 anyway. Hope there is a nice bump. I don't have much that I'd get rid of but a bump always changes my mind.

Also Im glad I skipped that ps3 black ops collection for $20 few weeks back.

That's awesome. I'll probably buy the new cod and destiny 2 anyway. Hope there is a nice bump. I don't have much that I'd get rid of but a bump always changes my mind.

Also Im glad I skipped that ps3 black ops collection for $20 few weeks back.
Two words - price adjust.

More words - If it's on sale.

Isn't a weekend trade bump usually after we get emails from GS?

"You have $857 worth of games to trade"

Haven't seen or heard anything, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back