GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to go in and put $10 on CoD tomorrow, then go in Friday and do my trade and put $5 more on both CoD and Destiny. Should get the 60% which the extra 10% will easily cover the $10.

^Ahhh, wasn't sure about the timing of the email.
Thought the hype usually builds for a couple days.

You'd think GS would be smarter than to do a trade bump and a 50/60 promo.

History has proven otherwise.

So you stood around and watch him entertain himself the whole time? You guys have to be more professional than this. I never have this happen to me. I'm in and out with a little random bs'ing every now and then.

You and others with similar experiences have to get your confidence up and get a little assertive when you have a assclown employee like that.
I didn't just stand there I was looking around the store. It was an employee and his manager and after about 20 minutes I asked what was taking so long and he said they are supposed to thoroughly test them since they get a lot of broken Wii U pads. Instead of making a scene I just won't trade stuff in at this store anymore. Problem solved.

I'm tempted to sell FE Fates SE for $56 in credit with bonus. Paid $80 at launch but hated Birthright and the plot for all games I hear is bad. Just couldn't force myself to play it. But there are two games left I have yet to play!

I'm tempted to sell FE Fates SE for $56 in credit with bonus. Paid $80 at launch but hated Birthright and the plot for all games I hear is bad. Just couldn't force myself to play it. But there are two games left I have yet to play!
I sold mine brand new for $200. I would just sell it if it's complete and good condition.

if i want to do the extra 40/50% trade credit towards WWII, do I just say I want to put $5 down for preorder after they ring up all the games? Will it be deducted from my total trade credit? or do I have to pay full price pre-order?

and what happens if I decide to cancel pre-order few months later?

if i want to do the extra 40/50% trade credit towards WWII, do I just say I want to put $5 down for preorder after they ring up all the games? Will it be deducted from my total trade credit? or do I have to pay full price pre-order?

and what happens if I decide to cancel pre-order few months later?
It depends on what the manger's rule is. I have been able to put only $5 and they were okay with it. It will be deducted from the trade in credit. If you decide to cancel the preorder, they'll just give you the trade credit back on a card. YMMV

I always wait until they ring up all the games, and then I say "Oh yeah, and let me put $5 on" whatever game.

If I want to cancel later on, I just ask to move the amount to another game I may be interested in.

Yes, i never cancel preorders without moving them to something else. Employees will remember people who fuck them over. You can move them over to funko pops, games, almost anything.

It depends on what the manger's rule is. I have been able to put only $5 and they were okay with it. It will be deducted from the trade in credit. If you decide to cancel the preorder, they'll just give you the trade credit back on a card. YMMV

I always wait until they ring up all the games, and then I say "Oh yeah, and let me put $5 on" whatever game.

If I want to cancel later on, I just ask to move the amount to another game I may be interested in.

Yes, i never cancel preorders without moving them to something else. Employees will remember people who fuck them over. You can move them over to funko pops, games, almost anything.

Thanks all! Ohh, when you say move, i can just be like, "that $5 I put down on x game, can I use it to buy this funko pop instead?"

Damn, I could have gotten another $5 card while picking up my COD hat, but the employee saw me holding one when he was about to hand one to me.

Wonder if that promo will work if you already have Destiny 2 preordered? Going to have to test it this weekend for sure.
I got the email and on the bottom where it mentions the trade promo for Destiny 2 and Call of Duty WWII it said something along the lines of, "since you already preordered Destiny 2 use this code to get the bonus when preordering Call of Duty, etc..."

I had Destiny 2 preordered online though.

^Ahhh, wasn't sure about the timing of the email.
Thought the hype usually builds for a couple days.

You'd think GS would be smarter than to do a trade bump and a 50/60 promo.

History has proven otherwise.
Yeah, the $72 I got for the copies of Pikmin 3 prove that they aren't smart.

Considering that we already saw a bump this month, we are not likely to get another one.
Those bumped values stayed bumped though. Still it is still a great time to flip. Making another account is easy and getting free copies of either Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition, Little Nightmares, Puyo Puyo, Stardew Valley and Yooka Laylee is great.

I re-upped on the 24th and still haven't gotten the coupon. Will be calling today.
Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
It's happened to a few people lately, as far back as the 21st I believe. Hopefully it's not related to them catching on to the b2g1 working on multiple sets of 3.

Trade values stayed the same for my trade games, if it holds I'll have to do 2 transactions and get $450ish each. Hope best buy has 50% trade in bonus this week so I can convert b2gq to best buy gift cards

Only one game I was considering trading dropped, and that was Deformers.

Everything else is the same.  Without a stealth bump I should get $599.50

Ive done trade ins by accident in the past before the bump. I remember checking them Wednesday only to see the values drop Thursday and then bumped back up for the weekend. I remember this happening a few times and learning to just wait from the up and down.

It's happened to a few people lately, as far back as the 21st I believe. Hopefully it's not related to them catching on to the b2g1 working on multiple sets of 3.
If they end up manually issuing a B2G1 code, it would likely still work on multiple sets of 3. Mine did when I didn't get the January bonus B2G1 coupon for renewing on a Pro Day in late 2016 and they emailed a code. I made about $500 on boomerangs of 30+ games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back