GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Relatively new to flips to GS, so i got a question:

If i go ahead and trade in with the new 50/60% of CoD and i decide to change the preorder i get to stay with that percentage right?

Just wanted to make sure before i do it.

Gamestop got shipments of NES Classics today.
BB when he posts this news on the GS subreddit

gv53454c8b.gif

Was gonna use my b2g1 on 2 switch zeldas and 1 Wii U Zelda and he was like I can only sell you one copy. And my b2g1 coupon would only work on 1 set of games. I was like um I've never heard of that before? Didn't want to argue with him. But totally was giving misinfo

Was gonna use my b2g1 on 2 switch zeldas and 1 Wii U Zelda and he was like I can only sell you one copy. And my b2g1 coupon would only work on 1 set of games. I was like um I've never heard of that before? Didn't want to argue with him. But totally was giving misinfo
I want to buy 4 Switch versions and 2 Wii U versions. I hope they don't turn me down.

I want to buy 4 Switch versions and 2 Wii U versions. I hope they don't turn me down.
You have 2 PUR accounts? Otherwise you'll get banned after reading in the 4 Switch copies.

Edit - ignore this, I had a brain fart. 4 is the limit, so you'll be fine.

No. I was thinking of doing two separate trades at different stores.
You can ignore me, I had a moment of stupidity. You won't be banned, but you might have issues trading in more than 1 copy of the same game on the same system. Often stores will only accept one copy per system per day.

Beard i was in the middle of traffic only moments away from one of the posted stores. I spit my drank and pulled a big ass U turn and copped one. 1st one out the box

I owe you a fatty my g

Beard i was in the middle of traffic only moments away from one of the posted stores. I spit my drank and pulled a big ass U turn and copped one. 1st one out the box

I owe you a fatty my g
Don't cag and drive you dummy. congrats on the score though. I see alot of Cincinnati stores on the list. They're really trying hard to make it up for Harambe

Blackbeard, if its not too much trouble...

Based on your previous restock records, are there any chances that TX might get them in tomorrow?
Yes there is a high chance. It usually starts in KY, TN, IL, OH, AL, IN and then most of the other states the 2nd day. Texas I think always gets them the 2nd day.

You can ignore me, I had a moment of stupidity. You won't be banned, but you might have issues trading in more than 1 copy of the same game on the same system. Often stores will only accept one copy per system per day.
Ok. Thanks. The daily limit is good to know. I was thinking of trading in back and forth between cashiers but it might not work.

After running counts again I think it is official now Deformers has had more canceled preorders/returns then actual sales.

Has Been Heroes also seems to have a sold less then a thousand physical copies between :pS4: and :XB1: However the Switch version seems to have sold 6000-7000 pysical copies in it's first month.

Wonder how fast some of these are going to hit $9.99

EDIT - Hell they still have around 10,000 :pS4: and :XB1: new copies of Song of the Deep still.

Blackbeard, thanks for the info on the classic. Stopped by a store on my way to a haircut and managed to grab one. I think they had 6 systems for sale.

Just came back from an all-around weird experience when I went to my local GS to get the 60% bonus.

First, this couple who claims to be homeless stops me and asks if I can trade their games in for cash. The woman said their ID was stolen from them, and GS wouldn't let them trade without an ID.  lmao

Then, I go inside and the employee who helps me starts saying all of my pre-orders out loud for some reason. Even pre-orders at the secondary GS location I go to. I was like "Wtf?" I've never interacted with this employee before, so that was pretty weird.

Tried to get the 60% bonus by putting $5 on Destiny 2 and adding $1 to my WWII pre-order. I saw the extra boost work on the small screen, but then I guess the manager was listening the whole time and turned around and said that I would have to pay off one of the games to get the bonus. He claims that the register won't finalize the purchase until one game is fully paid off, but he was obviously lying through his teeth. He said it's so people won't "cheat the system" by only putting $1 on a game. He's usually chill af, so this is the first time I've ever had trouble trading in. I just cancelled the transaction.

I'll try again with a different employee.

I dont see it, we have had one for 3 straight months, plus they dropped values of quite a few games today plus they are running the 50/60 promo this weekend, I have a feeling this is gonna be the month we dont get a trade bump.
It should be noted that their fiscal quarter ends on Sun April 30. It seems like a perfect storm opportunity to make a trade bump, send out some emails, and pad those numbers just before quarter end. I would be shocked if there wasn't a trade bump. If I was a gambling man, I would put money on it.

Just came back from an all-around weird experience when I went to my local GS to get the 60% bonus.

First, this couple who claims to be homeless stops me and asks if I can trade their games in for cash. The woman said their ID was stolen from them, and GS wouldn't let them trade without an ID. lmao

Then, I go inside and the employee who helps me starts saying all of my pre-orders out loud for some reason. Even pre-orders at the secondary GS location I go to. I was like "Wtf?" I've never interacted with this employee before, so that was pretty weird.

Tried to get the 60% bonus by putting $5 on Destiny 2 and adding $1 to my WWII pre-order. I saw the extra boost work on the small screen, but then I guess the manager was listening the whole time and turned around and said that I would have to pay off one of the games to get the bonus. He claims that the register won't finalize the purchase until one game is fully paid off, but he was obviously lying through his teeth. He said it's so people won't "cheat the system" by only putting $1 on a game. He's usually chill af, so this is the first time I've ever had trouble trading in. I just cancelled thretransaction.

I'll try again with a different employee.
That's when you say, ok fuckwad, pay off one game. Then go back when that manager is working again and cancel all your preorders at that store and redo them at another store.

read the last couple of pages and not sure i missed it.   if i already have both destiny and call of duty preordered.  will the 60% activate for me?

what is the 50/60 this weekend
Step 1: Gather games that are likely to get a good trade bump

Step 2: Sign up/renew PUR ahead of time to get yourself a B2G1 coupon to use for mad boomerangs

Step 3: Bring a metric shit ton of games to trade and preorder BOTH Destiny 2 and COD WWII in the same transaction (adding money to an existing preorder counts)

Step 4: Profit immensely

I also got a "you have $xxx.xx waiting for you" email. It's a little different than the usual emails that list the games and trade values, but hopefully it's indicative of a stealth bump!

Pretty sure this isn't games worth to trade email, but rather your current balance (or as of 4/23/2017) on how much total trade credit you own. 

Have 43k or so many points, and it gave me a $15 certificate. Cept, it says it was issued on May 1st, 2017. Hopefully they don't auto-charge my points. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back