GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out he entered my black ops 2 as call of duty 2. I went back and he gave me $28 for blops 2 and didn't deduct the $11 ish for cod2.. ridiculous.

I went with the 50% extra offer when trading towards Little Nightmares Six Edition.

Took advantage of the free $10 gc w/ $60 Netflix card too.

Sleeping Dogs - $9

Yooka Laylee - $30

Doom - $26.25

Far Cry Primal - $38.75 (seriously :D/)

Black Ops 2 - $26.25

w/ $5 coupon on top

Also picked up the Black Ops Collection for $15 so they essentially paid me to get Black Ops 1.

All went smoothly, which is rare. Nice job Gamestop!

I'll end up buying cod and destiny2 anyway, so I'm not cancelling my preorders, unless I need the credit for something. I have about $35 down on cod and $50 on destiny.

I'm going to keep this halo wars 2 Xbox one sealed and think on it a while. $350 is a lot and while that includes the $100 halo wars 2 game idk. I have a lot of Xbox one games I bought digitally before so it's probably worth it to have access to them again.

Turns out he entered my black ops 2 as call of duty 2. I went back and he gave me $28 for blops 2 and didn't deduct the $11 ish for cod2.. ridiculous.
I need to go back as well they didn't scan my watch dogs for 360 so they have it for free -__- but he almost forgot to take off the scans of like 4 ufc 2s and 3 black ops 2s lol. Dammit.

Did about $750 between 2 stores. First store I had to pay off both COD and Destiny but was trading with the manager who I know well so didn't want to argue.

Second store, I'm finishing up the trade and noticed I only got 50%. Turns out the guy preordered me the Destiny 2 booklet and not the actual game so I only got the COD bonus. After 10 minutes of arguing he finally realizes his mistake but he was the only one in the store and couldn't adjust it so now I have to go back tomorrow and have a manager fix it. This store also has a ton of PS3/360 boomerangs that I will get tomorrow, decided it wasn't worth another argument about the EBC code at 8:30 at night...

Did about $750 between 2 stores. First store I had to pay off both COD and Destiny but was trading with the manager who I know well so didn't want to argue.

Second store, I'm finishing up the trade and noticed I only got 50%. Turns out the guy preordered me the Destiny 2 booklet and not the actual game so I only got the COD bonus. After 10 minutes of arguing he finally realizes his mistake but he was the only one in the store and couldn't adjust it so now I have to go back tomorrow and have a manager fix it. This store also has a ton of PS3/360 boomerangs that I will get tomorrow, decided it wasn't worth another argument about the EBC code at 8:30 at night...
B2G1 last gen ends today...

Did my second trade in after picking up my best buy orders and my boomerangs. Spent about $100 out of pocket at BB and probably $200 worth of flips. After trading in some of my backlog and my flips, ended up with $725. Paid off my Mario Kart preorder as well as paid off my CoD and Destiny preorder.

Just to confirm, when I traded in my second round and paid off my preorders, the 60% did indeed apply again just like when I initially did my preorder.

fuck Gamestop employees. The managers really need to know about the promos and tell their employees about it. I told the cashier about the 60% extra trade in credit for preordering both COD WWII and Destiny 2. I already had COD WWII preordered. She didn't know about it and went on about 30% for Destiny and I just let her scan to see if the computer would do it. The computer froze because I was trading in so many things. She tried it on another computer and it finally managed to work. Please make sure you're know the values you're getting before you go in. She also wouldn't let me use $5 card because this new rule about not stacking with promos BS. I forgot to add another game in the trade in so I'll just do it tomorrow when I flip some more COD Collections.

They don't give out the $5 card here. Never got one.

Guess ill go back tomorrow to get rid of the black ops 1 and 3 for 360.

Is anybody else having issues with employees asking questions about the $5 card? It looks like they're cracking down on multiple uses.
No. Employees are the ones who give me stacks of the $5.00 coupon to use. When I forget to bring it in I ask them to use one from behind the counter. I'm not sure why they would ask me questions when they handed me stacks of them.

Just play dumb and ask "Are you guys still giving out those $5 trade bonus cards?". Every time I've done this, the employee has given me one, I've probably gotten like 12 over the past few months.

Or you could use the ones in the 2nd post of this thread, but I feel much less sketchy just playing dumb and asking for them.

fuck Gamestop employees. The managers really need to know about the promos and tell their employees about it. I told the cashier about the 60% extra trade in credit for preordering both COD WWII and Destiny 2. I already had COD WWII preordered. She didn't know about it and went on about 30% for Destiny and I just let her scan to see if the computer would do it. The computer froze because I was trading in so many things. She tried it on another computer and it finally managed to work. Please make sure you're know the values you're getting before you go in. She also wouldn't let me use $5 card because this new rule about not stacking with promos BS. I forgot to add another game in the trade in so I'll just do it tomorrow when I flip some more COD Collections.
Patiently guide the employees through everything you want them to do with trade ins or you are fucked. Also if they say no to something ask again but say "would you kindly". And never forget " A man chooses, a slave obeys".

Did my second trade in after picking up my best buy orders and my boomerangs. Spent about $100 out of pocket at BB and probably $200 worth of flips. After trading in some of my backlog and my flips, ended up with $725. Paid off my Mario Kart preorder as well as paid off my CoD and Destiny preorder.

Just to confirm, when I traded in my second round and paid off my preorders, the 60% did indeed apply again just like when I initially did my preorder.
So it'll work if I go back tomorrow to trade same copies to the same pre order?

No. Employees are the ones who give me stacks of the $5.00 coupon to use. When I forget to bring it in I ask them to use one from behind the counter. I'm not sure why they would ask me questions when they handed me stacks of them.
The manager of a store told me they could get in trouble if I already used one on a trade. I lied and got him to use one.

Patiently guide the employees through everything you want them to do with trade ins or you are fucked. Also if they say no to something ask again but say "would you kindly". And never forget " A man chooses, a slave obeys".
Ok. I tried to be nice but was getting annoyed when she told me the computer has to do the work. I'l make sure to be more patient next time and guide her through or maybe go with someone else. She's been having trouble with my previous transactions.

Manager tried to pull the "pay the preorders fully off" then i said well, i'll just preorder cod for $5 instead of both. She miraculously fixed it to where both would allow $5 down each! I dont know what magic he worked, but thanks for trying your darndest GS manager! /s

He finished the transaction with a "you wont be able to cancel these now" and other general threats, ect.

The employee's knowledge of a promo is irrelevant. I NEVER mention the promo, I just tell them what to do (Can I put $5 on my existing Destiny preorder and also preorder COD?) and let the POS do the rest. The only time I reveal the promo is after the boost happens and their eyes go wide in shock.

The employee's knowledge of a promo is irrelevant. I NEVER mention the promo, I just tell them what to do (Can I put $5 on my existing Destiny preorder and also preorder COD?) and let the POS do the rest. The only time I reveal the promo is after the boost happens and their eyes go wide in shock.
I had to pay it in full which was annoying. I'll have to move it to something else. I won't mention it next time. I will if it doesn't work.

I hated having to put my own money in but hard to resist some of those BB -> GS movers. At least I'm making progress towards Elite Plus. I made $300 profit today (and a ton of points I guess). I'm going to a different part of town tomorrow so I'm hoping to have more luck finding PvZ 2 in store. I could only find 1 for each platform :(

Really bummed about everything being taxed now at GS. Cutting in on my profits!

The manger was lying. You just got him to do his job.
He doesn't like me because I did a bunch of returns. He was really butthurt after that and constantly asked me if I was going to keep the game I was going to buy every time I would buy one. I made it worse on myself by not knowing the way the system works.

My inventory runs a mile wide and an inch thick. I never do more than 1 of a title per account per month and I use 2 accounts.

Traded in 33 games for the $817. All stuff I at least doubled my investment on, easily half of it was tripled.

I don't consider my time and gas into the equation because I was wasting it long before I was flipping. I shop around for fun. So even if I weren't caught up in this madness I'd still be bouncing from store to store during the week when I have time.
Man nice job! What/when do you but that your inventory triples?

I see there are Memphis Cags. Funny how one Target had plenty of PVZ this morning, only for stock to vanish before i returned after lunch. Topping it off is the nearest gamestop manager telling me that someone brought a huge trade today.

Hope you ate my g

Just had a completely ridiculous interaction at one of the local gamestops. The guy scanned the $5 trade bonus coupon and and then threw on a $3 game warranty and claimed the coupon could only be used with a warranty and I was essentially getting a free $2, when I told him to remove the warranty and see if the coupon would stay he refused. When I asked what the warranty was even for he said anything. Then I ask to preorder call of duty and Destiny 2, he asks how much I'd like to put down and I tell him $5. He enters them in and sees there's a crazy bump in all the prices and tells be actually I have to pay them off. I tell him no and let's see if it'll let us complete the transaction. He says he knows it'll work but he's not supposed to, then says fuck it I'm quitting anyways.

I forgot why I don't shop there anymore but trade deals like this are hard to pass up.

i had a good experience my first time doing trades today. went in and asked if could upgrade my basic membership to Pro. told him i had some games i left in the car to trade in, so i'll back. got the 3 games i had and he asked if i wanted to put towards anything or pre-order anything, there was some 30% promo. I said, "oh, yeah i got an email about a 50% or so promo for COD: WWII."

He actually didn't even know about it because the release day was so far out, so he was like "let me check", and applied a $5 down. trade values went up and he was like "wow you're right!" reverted it to see the difference and said, "looks like you're getting $23 extra!" went ahead and completed the transaction with no problems and gave me the pre-order hat.

hoping to go to best buy tomorrow and back there and have same good experience

I'll end up buying cod and destiny2 anyway, so I'm not cancelling my preorders, unless I need the credit for something. I have about $35 down on cod and $50 on destiny.

I'm going to keep this halo wars 2 Xbox one sealed and think on it a while. $350 is a lot and while that includes the $100 halo wars 2 game idk. I have a lot of Xbox one games I bought digitally before so it's probably worth it to have access to them again.
FYI that version of the game is $80 if that matters. Also, it is a Play Anywhere title so if you have a decent Windows 10 PC you can play it there too.

They don't give out the $5 card here. Never got one.

Guess ill go back tomorrow to get rid of the black ops 1 and 3 for 360.
I got one earlier today. I did a small trade and was picking up a BO Collection and she threw one in the bag. Also, there was another guy that was trading a stack of last gen games and the other employee says to him (loud enough for me to hear), "If you put it on his account you'll get an extra 10%." So I got him some extra cash and me some extra points. I have no idea what he was trading in, so hopefully, that does come back to bite me. :)

I got one earlier today. I did a small trade and was picking up a BO Collection and she threw one in the bag. Also, there was another guy that was trading a stack of last gen games and the other employee says to him (loud enough for me to hear), "If you put it on his account you'll get an extra 10%." So I got him some extra cash and me some extra points. I have no idea what he was trading in, so hopefully, that does come back to bite me. :)
m.poweruprewards.com -> login -> card activity and look for the transaction and you can see what he traded in on your card

Manager tried to pull the "pay the preorders fully off" then i said well, i'll just preorder cod for $5 instead of both. She miraculously fixed it to where both would allow $5 down each! I dont know what magic he worked, but thanks for trying your darndest GS manager! /s

He finished the transaction with a "you wont be able to cancel these now" and other general threats, ect.
Haha, did you walk out waving "bye, keep the $10"

F#kin dopey managers are so sad.

Can someone point me towards the ad/part of the website with the Netflix/60 and Uber/15 GC bit? I bought both and then when I asked the manager about the GC, they said the only deal was toward Google Play GC from PUR. 

Can someone point me towards the ad/part of the website with the Netflix/60 and Uber/15 GC bit? I bought both and then when I asked the manager about the GC, they said the only deal was toward Google Play GC from PUR.
Bottom of page 5 of the online weekly ad. I believe the GCs should come up automatically, like Best Buy. I've never had experience with a free GS GC promo so not sure.

Bottom of page 5 of the online weekly ad. I believe the GCs should come up automatically, like Best Buy. I've never had experience with a free GS GC promo so not sure.
From past experiences, have them scan the gift card that you want and then have them scan a GS gift card for $5 or $10. If done correctly, it should get zeroed out automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back