GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody else feel uncomfortable when the employees/managers recognize you?
Nah just when they start asking questions or when they just say stuff like today the employee was like dang do you even play these games they look really brand new.. all I said was they are adult owned lol.

Hopefully after this weekend I should be at pre-holiday / Switch credit amounts  :D/ Got my money back for Bomberman :puke: and picked up a free copy of MK8D  :bouncy: . I also look totally DudeBro with my new COD hat!

Am I blind or can you really not cancel online preorders anymore through the website? I have a preorder for the cloud and twilight princess link amiibo and I can't figure out how to cancel it.

From past experiences, have them scan the gift card that you want and then have them scan a GS gift card for $5 or $10. If done correctly, it should get zeroed out automatically
Yeah they must have forgotten to scan the cards, I didn't notice they were missing after trading in a couple dozen games and seeing a triple digit trade in value. I guess I'll try my luck going in tomorrow with a PDF of the ad and ask for the $15 in credit.

Hopefully after this weekend I should be at pre-holiday / Switch credit amounts :D/ Got my money back for Bomberman :puke: and picked up a free copy of MK8D :bouncy: . I also look totally DudeBro with my new COD hat!
Dang they didn't have any hats where i went you think I can go to another game stop and show my receipt to get a hat lol

Dang they didn't have any hats where i went you think I can go to another game stop and show my receipt to get a hat lol
Honestly it depends on how cool the people work on there are. When moving from the donor store to the flip store, the flip store asked me if the donor store gave me a COD hat, seeing as I mentioned preordering it, and how I was going to put Destiny 2 on preorder, they said, "Oh, did you get the hat? We have extra if not..." Seeing as I didn't need/want the hat in the first place, I declined, but there are some cool folks out there.

Honestly it depends on how cool the people work on there are. When moving from the donor store to the flip store, the flip store asked me if the donor store gave me a COD hat, seeing as I mentioned preordering it, and how I was going to put Destiny 2 on preorder, they said, "Oh, did you get the hat? We have extra if not..." Seeing as I didn't need/want the hat in the first place, I declined, but there are some cool folks out there.
Well doesn't hurt to try I suppose. I know one gamestop where this guy helps out alot so I'll ask him lol. Thanks.

Im tired as shit. I turned this into a part time job today. Hell i made more in credit in one day than i did in 3 days st the 9 to 5 lol
It is definitely a side job at this point for many of us, but it's hard to resist. Only way I can justify spending a couple grand a year on video game stuff to myself (and my wife) is if I flip to make up for it.

It is definitely a side job at this point for many of us, but it's hard to resist. Only way I can justify spending a couple grand a year on video game stuff to myself (and my wife) is if I flip to make up for it.
You know, as I'm reading through many of the post in this thread, it seems like some people here eat, breathe, and sh!t flipping games for a living (not knocking on anyone here). I barely have time after work to go to the store and buy games, let alone play them on my days off, LOL.

Yup only doing this to retrieve all my money spend over the years at gamestop when I could have just had GCU and not had to pay 65 every single damn time for a game ha.. thanks for making this possible!

The only bad thing about when gamestop does shit like this is the fact that instead of many of us actually playing games and enjoying them......all most of us do is flip them over and over again for more and more credit and never actually end up playing anything lol.

You know, as I'm reading through many of the post in this thread, it seems like some people here eat, breathe, and sh!t flipping games for a living (not knocking on anyone here). I barely have time after work to go to the store and buy games, let alone play them on my days off, LOL.
I do it as a side job and it gives me time to do the stuff I enjoy.

9 months a year I can do what I want when I want. It's nice.

Had a great trade In experience at my store. Put a hold on cod black ops trilogy via GS app and a Little awkward at first when I walked in 4 hours later and GS manager (whom is usually extremely cool) immediately calls me by my name and says he has my cod ready without me saying a word. To be honest I got nervous at first thinking he now knows me by name and might have looked into my trade history ect. Quick paranoia but soon faded. He was actually cool as usual and after ringing up all my target clearance pickups he rang up that cod trilogy and was shocked to see it 15 bucks. Then he said "hold on let me look at something" he then crunched numbers and got excited and said "you can trade this cod trilogy individually right after this transaction back in for cash and profit a little" I said "wow I would of never thought of that" haha I knew this guy was awesome! Got about 360 total today. Thanks BB, FAQ's and CAG's who consistently provide lucrative leads and tips!

Had a great trade In experience at my store. Put a hold on cod black ops trilogy via GS app and a Little awkward at first when I walked in 4 hours later and GS manager (whom is usually extremely cool) immediately calls me by my name and says he has my cod ready without me saying a word. To be honest I got nervous at first thinking he now knows me by name and might have looked into my trade history ect. Quick paranoia but soon faded. He was actually cool as usual and after ringing up all my target clearance pickups he rang up that cod trilogy and was shocked to see it 15 bucks. Then he said "hold on let me look at something" he then crunched numbers and got excited and said "you can trade this cod trilogy individually right after this transaction back in for cash and profit a little" I said "wow I would of never thought of that" haha I knew this guy was awesome! Got about 360 total today. Thanks BB, FAQ's and CAG's who consistently provide lucrative leads and tips!
Lol, that manager was testing/luring you like Agent Smith in the Matrix. Now he knows your angle. Next time he won't be so nice.

Honestly, if you're cool with the employee, it doesn't matter if they can see your trade history. These guys use and abuse the same things we do. I had a conversation with a store manager one time about him trading in all of the games and systems the company gives him for store credit lol. Just work on your people skills. You're not breaking any rules whatsoever. Now of course, you may run into some anti-social workers who take their job too seriously, but you should be fine. I used a big bump on Resident Evil 7 and never went to pick the game up. I walked in about a month later, and told the guy who is always very helpful that I wanted the game, but wanted to save $5 by cancelling the pre-order and getting a used copy instead. Since we're cool, I said to him "I don't want to do that if it's going to mess with your numbers". He responded "I don't care, it's your money".

For the people that build up huge $700-1200 credit repositories, since you can't get eBay or Amazon GC anymore, what do you do with your credit, besides buying more boomerangs the next month for eternity?

And what's the largest running TIC total someone on this site has claimed ? Over $10,000 banked?

I'm not a dad, don't fly frequently, and hate eating out at Applebees type joints, don't live in a city where taxis are needed, so GC for GSTIC doesn't appeal to me.

For me, where I to boomerang the $150-200 I have right now, and spend like $100 at BB and Target, to make $6-700, I'd be "surrendering" the ability to do more boomerangs (Opportunity Cost for all you Macro(?) economics 101 fans) buying games and consoles I'd actually want to play and use.

So I'd be sitting there with a Switch or PSVR pondering like Judge Reinhold on Seinfeld "there's so much more I could have DONE!" This $400 headset... It couldve been TWO headsets if only I waited... And flipped....

For the people that build up huge $700-1200 credit repositories, since you can't get eBay or Amazon GC anymore, what do you do with your credit, besides buying more boomerangs the next month for eternity?

And what's the largest running TIC total someone on this site has claimed ? Over $10,000 banked?

I'm not a dad, don't fly frequently, and hate eating out at Applebees type joints, don't live in a city where taxis are needed, so GC for GSTIC doesn't appeal to me.

For me, where I to boomerang the $150-200 I have right now, and spend like $100 at BB and Target, to make $6-700, I'd be "surrendering" the ability to do more boomerangs (Opportunity Cost for all you Macro(?) economics 101 fans) buying games and consoles I'd actually want to play and use.

So I'd be sitting there with a Switch or PSVR pondering like Judge Reinhold on Seinfeld "there's so much more I could have DONE!" This $400 headset... It couldve been TWO headsets if only I waited... And flipped....
hoarding them or trade game to amazon.

spent some on ipad air 2 but damn gs cancel my order 1 week later T.T

I mean, I don't have that much, but I could easily make it work for me. Folks here pay for entire consoles through flipping. You can wait for a b2g1 on used consoles and sell them for cash, etc. Plenty of ways to do it. You pay for Netflix or WWE Network? Pay for them with trade credit. Possibilities are endless

Yeah I guess cause GS sells iPads and crap you might be able to Craigslist your way to true cash.

Regarding that Reddit thread , sweet that the dude makes $30k for his family flipping GS to Amazon, but until Amazon sells houses and cars bigger than golf carts, while $30k is an amazing amount of Amazon shopping spree credit, ain't much money to make a living/career off of lest massive deflation of the USD happens.

I'm currently doing GS>Amazon credit and doing boomerangs at the same time. I can get more things on amazon.

Because gamestop messed up giving me my renewal B2g1 and me having to call to get a code then that code not working cause the associate entered it wrong I literally got 3 codes lmao. I got 3 sets of 18 games with those 3 codes and went ham. Will use the reward points to Renew one more time for one more coupon. Want to break enough to pay off 7 games, get a PS4 pro and have enough to buy a Scorpio and then I'm done.

I mean, I don't have that much, but I could easily make it work for me. Folks here pay for entire consoles through flipping. You can wait for a b2g1 on used consoles and sell them for cash, etc. Plenty of ways to do it. You pay for Netflix or WWE Network? Pay for them with trade credit. Possibilities are endless
I can use trade credit for Netflix and wwe??

Can someone point me towards the ad/part of the website with the Netflix/60 and Uber/15 GC bit? I bought both and then when I asked the manager about the GC, they said the only deal was toward Google Play GC from PUR.
Next time "you gotta be Alpha about it" and don't leave the store without your gc's. It does not auto prompt the gc , they have to manually scan the gc as mentioned before. Explain to them why it didn't work and if they don't believe you do a dummy transaction to prove it.

Damn every time there is a good Flip Promo I get an itch to go and try  I assume the big flips from BB are PVZ2 , from Target are Clearance, Rorys Golf, 

Buying retro from GS and trading into Amazon. Usually with a profit. I had a nice chunk of change on Amazon for a while.

With the 25% off iPads right now, I have a feeling that how I will be cashing this weeks haul out.

Ok for the uber cards, how many can i buy in one transaction. Im going to stock up on them for my trip in june.

Also, b2g1 ends today right? Im up to $1200 credit and i havent even done any boomers yet. I should end up close to 2k by the end of the weekend.

Does anybody else feel uncomfortable when the employees/managers recognize you?
No because they actually seem to be nicer to me now since I trade on a semi-regular basis. That's how I got a $5 trade in card once without asking for it. My only complaint is that one of the managers always asks why I never buy PS4 and Xbox One games even though I own both systems. I just that PS3 and 360 games are cheaper and that I'm a big cheapskate. GameStop seems to be the only store in the world where the associates give a damn about what you buy from them.

he rang up that cod trilogy and was shocked to see it 15 bucks. Then he said "hold on let me look at something" he then crunched numbers and got excited and said "you can trade this cod trilogy individually right after this transaction back in for cash and profit a little" I said "wow I would of never thought of that" haha I knew this guy was awesome#
Not sure how this wasn't a set up, but then again wtf do I know...

What are the Target games clearance prices again? Tried searching the Target app and Rory and TMNT are showing $29, prices would show in the Target app or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back