GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
How many games can you buy with the PS3/360 B2G1 in one transaction? If only 3 can you do multiple transactions in 1 store or do they frown upon that? 

Edit: In addition is the 1 per platform per day rule enforceable by ban or is that just a store rule?

Im tired as shit. I turned this into a part time job today. Hell i made more in credit in one day than i did in 3 days st the 9 to 5 lol
Yeah I didnt realize the Plant vs zombies 2 or AMazing spider man 2 flips. I'm going back on Monday to finish those flips.

The only bad thing about when gamestop does shit like this is the fact that instead of many of us actually playing games and enjoying them......all most of us do is flip them over and over again for more and more credit and never actually end up playing anything lol.
Honestly I just made a list of games I want to play and beat, and trade everything else. The list this year so far was RE7, Horizon zero Dawn, Breath of the Wild which I finished. Now, I'm working on Persona 5, Mario Kart 8 and Nioh. There are a lot of flips with the constant weekend monthly bumps and blackbeards sheet. Also 40% bumps and up have been reliable for at least a week every month. Hold onto the one game until you beat it and flip everything else. The weekend bumps have been reliable for the year so far.

Just a warning for people shopping at Best Buy, there is a limit to how many of a game you can buy with GCU- I believe it is 3 of the same game per platform per quarter, but I don't know if that's calendar quarter or rolling quarter

Damn every time there is a good Flip Promo I get an itch to go and try I assume the big flips from BB are PVZ2 , from Target are Clearance, Rorys Golf,
Actually I found PvsZ 2 GW for $11.98 and Naruto Shippuden UNS 4 for $8.98 (both PS4) at my local Target. Another solid buy is Metal Gear 5 (PS3) for $5.98 at many Targets. No bump on that one but trades for $12.80 with 60% bump.

You know, as I'm reading through many of the post in this thread, it seems like some people here eat, breathe, and sh!t flipping games for a living (not knocking on anyone here). I barely have time after work to go to the store and buy games, let alone play them on my days off, LOL.
Flip and use credit to buy retro games when they're on sale. eBay those and this literally becomes a part time job.

For the people that build up huge $700-1200 credit repositories, since you can't get eBay or Amazon GC anymore, what do you do with your credit, besides buying more boomerangs the next month for eternity?

And what's the largest running TIC total someone on this site has claimed ? Over $10,000 banked?

I'm not a dad, don't fly frequently, and hate eating out at Applebees type joints, don't live in a city where taxis are needed, so GC for GSTIC doesn't appeal to me.

For me, where I to boomerang the $150-200 I have right now, and spend like $100 at BB and Target, to make $6-700, I'd be "surrendering" the ability to do more boomerangs (Opportunity Cost for all you Macro(?) economics 101 fans) buying games and consoles I'd actually want to play and use.

So I'd be sitting there with a Switch or PSVR pondering like Judge Reinhold on Seinfeld "there's so much more I could have DONE!" This $400 headset... It couldve been TWO headsets if only I waited... And flipped....
See my other post: easy to turn into cash by buying retro games when they're B2G1 (or other good discount), check the values on eBay and buy the ones you can profit most from. Sell yours on there to turn into cash.

Just a warning for people shopping at Best Buy, there is a limit to how many of a game you can buy with GCU- I believe it is 3 of the same game per platform per quarter, but I don't know if that's calendar quarter or rolling quarter
Its actually yearly not quarterly for GCU limits at best buy. I keep track of my purchases as rolling year as thats what I was told on the best buy forums from a csr rep.

There are some good bumps in there. Air conflicts double pack and need for speed (ps4 only) are 19.25 with PUR before trade in bonus. If you get the at BB for 16$ its not bad (27.87 with %50) Wal mart had Transformers rise of dark spark for 9 bucks, trade with bonus brought it to $28.
Just found a store with 16 PVZ2. $12 for 36$ trade in. $$$
Cant beatem, joinem

I bought 4 copies of the same game and wasn't banned as well as traded in 4 or 5 copies of the same game. It was two years ago it occurred.

Yes the limit for GCU purchase is in a rolling year. However, it has been like well over a year since they have done any bans (last I remember is Black Friday 2 years ago?). The system doesn't ban you automatically, it happens in waves.

For the people that build up huge $700-1200 credit repositories, since you can't get eBay or Amazon GC anymore, what do you do with your credit, besides buying more boomerangs the next month for eternity?

And what's the largest running TIC total someone on this site has claimed ? Over $10,000 banked?

I'm not a dad, don't fly frequently, and hate eating out at Applebees type joints, don't live in a city where taxis are needed, so GC for GSTIC doesn't appeal to me.

For me, where I to boomerang the $150-200 I have right now, and spend like $100 at BB and Target, to make $6-700, I'd be "surrendering" the ability to do more boomerangs (Opportunity Cost for all you Macro(?) economics 101 fans) buying games and consoles I'd actually want to play and use.

So I'd be sitting there with a Switch or PSVR pondering like Judge Reinhold on Seinfeld "there's so much more I could have DONE!" This $400 headset... It couldve been TWO headsets if only I waited... And flipped....
I try to keep at least 300-400 on my card to fund boomerangs. The rest I try to cash out by buying collector's editions of popular games and selling them on CL/FB groups. Sometimes I make extra money on top of that, but I know I can always dump it for MSRP+tax.

I also keep around $50 or so on food GCs at places like Whataburger or Chipotle since I know I'll eventually eat there. I want to plan a trip to Chicago so I might stock up on SW gift cards.

Just because you don't travel a lot now doesn't mean you can't squeeze in weekend trips to cool places. You aren't a dad after all.

See my other post: easy to turn into cash by buying retro games when they're B2G1 (or other good discount), check the values on eBay and buy the ones you can profit most from. Sell yours on there to turn into cash.
WIth the current retro sale there are also a lot of credit movers and flips to move over to amazon for credit which has numerous purchasing possibilities.

Im a noob at this, just started this month. What exactly is a boomerang, getting b2g1 promos and flipping them for more credit later at the stores? PM me if this isnt place to respond or ask this. Trying to get the hang for this stuff.

Im a noob at this, just started this month. What exactly is a boomerang, getting b2g1 promos and flipping them for more credit later at the stores? PM me if this isnt place to respond or ask this. Trying to get the hang for this stuff.
people worked hard to make the 2nd post in this thread, a complete FAQ, read it.

Buying retro from GS and trading into Amazon. Usually with a profit. I had a nice chunk of change on Amazon for a while.

With the 25% off iPads right now, I have a feeling that how I will be cashing this weeks haul out.
anyway you can give me an example of a retro product that you bought that was traded into amazon?

i made over $200 of credit yesterday and only thing i even want would be an iPad.

Not that I'm broke at tax return time but it'd be nice to find something that can move (even with a slight loss) GS credit to BB. Which then can be used to PVZ back to Gamestop.

Good promo's bring out the lazy lurkers, if anyone bought last of us, nathan drake collection and ratchet and clank during the best buy promo, those all trade to gamestop for a profit.

so this xbox one 1tb halo wars 2 bundle clearly states that it includes the halo wars 2 ultimate edition for xbox one and windows 10 pc.

But there's no download code in the box. There's a physical copy of the ultimate edition.

even gamestop's website claims:

• The Xbox One S Halo Wars 2 Bundle (1TB) includes a full game of Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC

How many times can you reserve cod at different stores? Had too many games to trade in and 1 store wouldn't take them all because of some limit. 

I think the limit to how many items you can put on hold at a store has been lifted. I just put 8 games on hold at one store through the webpage. I think it used to let you do 3 at a time.

so went to target and foudn some clearance games and went back to that same gamestop yesterday. lady today wouldn't let me add more money to my COD order, said that if I do the bonus trade in, I have to fully paid it off. Since she scanned the $5 coupon for me, i just went ahead and did it

so this xbox one 1tb halo wars 2 bundle clearly states that it includes the halo wars 2 ultimate edition for xbox one and windows 10 pc.

But there's no download code in the box. There's a physical copy of the ultimate edition.

even gamestop's website claims:
Almlost all gamestop bundles come with physical copies of games.

I think the limit to how many items you can put on hold at a store has been lifted. I just put 8 games on hold at one store through the webpage. I think it used to let you do 3 at a time.
I never knew there was a limit, so tried 8 also today, and they all say ready for pick up at the same store. The app and the mobile site was acting wonky about it though. Had to do it on my laptop.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

so went to target and foudn some clearance games and went back to that same gamestop yesterday. lady today wouldn't let me add more money to my COD order, said that if I do the bonus trade in, I have to fully paid it off. Since she scanned the $5 coupon for me, i just went ahead and did it
That's happened to me before. Just pick up the game when it comes in and return it the next day. That way, you get the full trade in value back and they won't hassle you.

I never knew there was a limit, so tried 8 also today, and they all say ready for pick up at the same store. The app and the mobile site was acting wonky about it though. Had to do it on my laptop.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
yea it would error up but all you had to do is change the phone number/name to get more held.

Just traded in my New 3DS XL
I didn't trade toward a Switch, but I still got $150
Is there an applied promo showing on your receipt? I would get rid of mine for $150 since I haven't touched it once I got my Switch, but the app is showing a $100 value for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back