GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get $457 today with the 60%. Did the flips of PvZ 2 for PS4 and XB1, Amazing Spiderman XB1, and the Black ops collections for ps3 and 360. The girl that did my transaction didn't question a thing, and was super nice throughout the transaction. I couldn't believe that I got $24 for Black Flag PS4. A launch title! Definitely a great promo for sure. $40 for Resident Evil 7 was great as well. Thanks for all the info guys!

So I bought a Mafia 3 to boomerang last night, went to trade today and they tried slapping a $9 refurb on it. This is why Gamestop is a fuck ing shitty company.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 shows up as $20 on the GS site. Boomerangs ahoy! (If you have any near you)

Also, thanks again for the info about PGA Tour 2015. Found 3 at a Target and traded them in for a nice flip. :)
I got $33.75 for Plants vs Zombies 2 for PS4 when I traded in towards Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS4. I flipped 11 games in total and still made $110.51 in store credit after buying the game and a $20 Burger King gift card. Free lunches this week! Sad part is that this will probably be the highlight of my week this week even though Puyo was a gutted copy, but I've been looking forward to playing the game and have no interest in owning a Switch.

So I bought a Mafia 3 to boomerang last night, went to trade today and they tried slapping a $9 refurb on it. This is why Gamestop is a fuck ing shitty company.
ha when I traded in my games yesterday (half brand new) at the end he said and I didn't have to charge you any refurb fees!!

almost like I won a contest lol but yea they're def trying to hit people with those.

I have work and I wanna trade a bunch of games in I see the FAQ page says the stealth bump ends Monday at close. Does it ever end Sunday by any chance
values can get dropped anytime, sooner is always better.

I didn't get the email about the 60% bonus but doesn't that end today? The 50% bonus promo does and pretty sure I remember the 60% ending the 30th too.

ha when I traded in my games yesterday (half brand new) at the end he said and I didn't have to charge you any refurb fees!!

almost like I won a contest lol but yea they're def trying to hit people with those.
I think it is more like shitty employee then shitty GameStop. I have never hit refurb fee even I trade in couple disc game in recent trade.

Is there a b2g1 going on for PS3/360? I could've sworn there was but couldn't find the posts in a search.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It happened to me with Gta 4 and black ops 3 but I said nvm for them two and I returned the next day with Gta 4 not being refurb any more but Bo3 still did 5 bucks refurb but w.e it's cool.

Thanks. I might be interested in this. Let me know which store you told them to ship it from.
I asked them to ship it from the first one, 30106.

Huge shout outs and thanks again to BlackBeard and Kyle for the advice! I'll definitely inform the thread if I see any other CEs getting clearanced or any guides being pennied.

Dang there is no dead space 3 pre owned copies where I live should I stock up online copies including the black ops collection for next bump. Hmmm..

so in a slight dilemma. I pre-ordered two copies of COD PS4 at two separate stores for these bonuses. first store day one was a guy that was cool and i put $5 down, no issues. second day at same store, lady made me pay off the whole pre-order to get the bonuses.

i go today to a different store and guy was super chill and only had me do $5 down as well. there was also a lady working who seemed very nice as well as i saw her interact with the other customers. she was also much more attractive. think i wanna support this store more.

how much is the first store gonna hate me if i cancel a fully paid off pre-order? and is it better to cancel a pre-order or to wait until i pick it up/return next day, if any difference? was gonna wait until after the beta to use it as an excuse.

so in a slight dilemma. I pre-ordered two copies of COD PS4 at two separate stores for these bonuses. first store day one was a guy that was cool and i put $5 down, no issues. second day at same store, lady made me pay off the whole pre-order to get the bonuses.

i go today to a different store and guy was super chill and only had me do $5 down as well. there was also a lady working who seemed very nice as well as i saw her interact with the other customers. she was also much more attractive. think i wanna support this store more.

how much is the first store gonna hate me if i cancel a fully paid off pre-order? and is it better to cancel a pre-order or to wait until i pick it up/return next day, if any difference? was gonna wait until after the beta to use it as an excuse.
Who cares how much they hate you or judge you if you cancel a pre order, it's your money and your right.

Don't overthink things.

How is the extra 50% credit calculated? I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris when I traded in and I think I only got 40% (I'm a pro member and the ad says 50% for pro).

For example, one of my trades was Super Bomberman R and I received a $45 credit, but I think it should be $48. It's my first time ever trading in, so maybe I'm wrong. I was calculating it based on regular value + 10% pro bonus + 50% bonus ($30 + $3 + $15).

How is the extra 50% credit calculated? I bought Puyo Puyo Tetris when I traded in and I think I only got 40% (I'm a pro member and the ad says 50% for pro).

For example, one of my trades was Super Bomberman R and I received a $45 credit, but I think it should be $48. It's my first time ever trading in, so maybe I'm wrong. I was calculating it based on regular value + 10% pro bonus + 50% bonus ($30 + $3 + $15).
(base value x 1.5) for 50% bonus.

getting 48 for bomberman would've been for the 60% bonus. 30 x 1.6 = 48

The pro bonus goes on top of the base value. You don't get 10% twice like it seems it would be.

Who cares how much they hate you or judge you if you cancel a pre order, it's your money and your right.

Don't overthink things.
lol good point. just don't want them to like flag me or anything since it's just five minutes away and great for flips since there's another store down the street. or get suspicious and ban my account.

lol good point. just don't want them to like flag me or anything since it's just five minutes away and great for flips since there's another store down the street.
just make sure you don't deal with same person when you cancel just in case they wanna start something.

or just give it a couple weeks and they'll probably of forgotten all about you.

(base value x 1.5) for 50% bonus.

getting 48 for bomberman would've been for the 60% bonus. 30 x 1.6 = 48

The pro bonus goes on top of the base value. You don't get 10% twice like it seems it would be.
Ah, ok, So the 50% bonus replaces the 10% bonus. The boomerang spreadsheet also lists Bomberman as $48 with a 50% credit bonus. I guess that's as wrong as me too. Thanks for the clarification!

Ah, ok, So the 50% bonus replaces the 10% bonus. The boomerang spreadsheet also lists Bomberman as $48 with a 50% credit bonus. I guess that's as wrong as me too. Thanks for the clarification!
not sure what sheet you're looking at but almost positive the column that says 50% is really set up for 60% since the promo started. it confused me at first too thinking values were off.

just picked up a used mario kart 8 deluxe for nintendo switch, told the guy i was surprised someone traded it in already. He said he some woman traded them in and he thought they were stolen because they looked brand new and she traded in a stack of them He said that as i traded in my stack of brand new target clearance games. He then asked me about a game that i honestly never played, It was a one piece game and i told him if he liked the earlier ones he would like that one too. i need to trade another rory in tomorrow, hopefully he is not there.

Speaking of confused... I have some Gamestop Power Up Rewards points saved up.. And allegedly today is the last day to redeem them before the "New and Exciting Reward Center Experience" rolls on out..
I guess that I can use what points I've got for "pre-owned coupons"
Pre-owned coupons are good for a couple months before they expire..?
I just don't want to see the ammount increase overnight for how many points it takes to get the same coupon etc. etc..

just make sure you don't deal with same person when you cancel just in case they wanna start something.

or just give it a couple weeks and they'll probably of forgotten all about you.
Yeah, probably of. But you never know how good someone's memory is, so unless you want to stick it to him it would be a better policy to instead of canceling the pre-order just move it to another pre-order/purchase.

FYI, for everyone, there are a handful of different TIV bonus promos going:

50% non-Pro or 60% Pro:

Pre-order (or add to an existing pre-order of) Destiny 2 AND CoD WW2

40% non-Pro or 50% Pro:

Pre-order Destiny 2 OR

Pre-order CoD WW2 OR

Pre-order/purchase a "Hidden Gem" game

This 60% is confusing I only see 50%
It's not blackbeard's fault y'all are falling for GameStop's shady marketing and/or didn't read the thread
In reality there are 4 separate trade in bonuses right now.

1) Purchase or Pre-Order MARIO KART 8, SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 3, PREY, or INJUSTICE 2 and get 20% more credit

2) Purchase BULLETSTORM, LITTLE NIGHTMARES, PUYO PUYO, STARDEW VALLEY, or YOOKA LAYLEE and get 40% more credit

3) Pre-Order COD WWII and get 40% more credit

4) Pre-Order COD WWII AND Destiny 2 and get 50% more credit

The extra 10% for Power Up Rewards Pro is a marketing gimmick to make it look more appealing and to get more PUR Pro subs. So if you are already have PUR Pro you would be already getting the 10% so technically in reality the promos are only 20%, 40%, and 50%.

I only got to hit the mall today for less than 20 minutes.

I walked into Target and went right to their game clearance section. Tons of the big flipables were still just chillin' there (around 3pm on Sunday). I bought what could flip, sat down and unwrapped all the games, walked in gamestop and flipped them for double what I paid for them. Easy money for almost no work...

I in total put $15 down on COD WWII and $15 down on Destiny 2 (double checked my receipts) App says I have put down $20 on both. Dunno if the app is just reporting wrong or there is actually an extra $5 on each somehow.

I in total put $15 down on COD WWII and $15 down on Destiny 2 (double checked my receipts) App says I have put down $20 on both. Dunno if the app is just reporting wrong or there is actually an extra $5 on each somehow.
The app is always glitchy with that. A couple months ago when I had some Switch stuff preordered, the app almost always showed an incorrect remaining balance

Speaking of confused... I have some Gamestop Power Up Rewards points saved up.. And allegedly today is the last day to redeem them before the "New and Exciting Reward Center Experience" rolls on out..
I guess that I can use what points I've got for "pre-owned coupons"
Pre-owned coupons are good for a couple months before they expire..?
I just don't want to see the ammount increase overnight for how many points it takes to get the same coupon etc. etc..
I heard the points will carry over.

The points could transfer to the new rewards program.. But they could could also increase the ammmount of points it takes to get coupons .. Feels like a club nintendo revamp situation.. Where's my paranoid pills when I need em

The app is always glitchy with that. A couple months ago when I had some Switch stuff preordered, the app almost always showed an incorrect remaining balance
Yes. This happened to me too. I had $18 down in Resident Evil 7 but the app showed I had a balance of $29.99. That's $30 down and when I actually did cancel it, I got back $18 in credit.

What's everyone's tallies lookin like? Just finished my last trade and my Total is $1300.52 exact! This is also after buying an NES and a Reinhardt POP. Thanks a ton BB! I'll tip you good tonight ;)

Might do more tomorrow since I still have a b2g1 coupon and I would use it today but I've already traded at all my stores with preorders and stores are only open for another hour. Maybe I can just do the 50% tomorrow but don't know if I'll have the energy this weekend got me tired af.

I only got to hit the mall today for less than 20 minutes.

I walked into Target and went right to their game clearance section. Tons of the big flipables were still just chillin' there (around 3pm on Sunday). I bought what could flip, sat down and unwrapped all the games, walked in gamestop and flipped them for double what I paid for them. Easy money for almost no work...
The work is living close enough to a Gamestop near a Target or Best Buy, and they have enough flippable titles on hand. Your logic is like saying, "Oh, it's easy to bang models. You just have to look like Channing Tatum."

Yeah, probably of. But you never know how good someone's memory is, so unless you want to stick it to him it would be a better policy to instead of canceling the pre-order just move it to another pre-order/purchase.
that's part of my dilemma. don't currently have anything else i want to pre-order or purchase for full price ($59.99). which is why i asked would it better to just pick it up and return for a refund versus pre-order cancellation.

that's part of my dilemma. don't currently have anything else i want to pre-order or purchase for full price ($59.99). which is why i asked would it better to just pick it up and return for a refund versus pre-order cancellation.
Don't sweat it. Just treat the full deposit as though GameStop is banking your credit. Just stop by and take credit out of the preorder and spend it on what you want like gift cards for food or someone's birthday gift.

You aren't obligated to keep your preorders. But I would just keep a low profile for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back