GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't sweat it. Just treat the full deposit as though GameStop is banking your credit. Just stop by and take credit out of the preorder and spend it on what you want like gift cards for food or someone's birthday gift.

You aren't obligated to keep your preorders. But I would just keep a low profile for a while.
got it thanks! ill wait until after the beta to cancel.

The work is living close enough to a Gamestop near a Target or Best Buy, and they have enough flippable titles on hand. Your logic is like saying, "Oh, it's easy to bang models. You just have to look like Channing Tatum."
For real. I've got a Gamestop, a walmart and a couple of pawn shops in my area. Any Best buy or Target is a 2-3 hour drive.

those of you who got 1k in gs credit this weekend, is it really 1k profit or 1k total including prior GS giftcard balance (use to for this fip) and cost of purchase to flip (target, bby, etc).

I have a hard time calculating how someone can profit that much with a trade 2k trade restriction. seems like trading in $500 of stuff only net you $150 profit. 

those of you who got 1k in gs credit this weekend, is it really 1k profit or 1k total including prior GS giftcard balance (use to for this fip) and cost of purchase to flip (target, bby, etc).

I have a hard time calculating how someone can profit that much with a trade 2k trade restriction. seems like trading in $500 of stuff only net you $150 profit.
Multiple PUR memberships is how most deal with the 2k limit

Gives you more b2g1 coupons when you renew too

i spent $90 at target and turned it into $200 credit today, so it wouldnt be that hard, especially with multiple gamestops/targets/best buys. not to mention the boomerangs that those with multiple gamestops have available.

Multiple PUR memberships is how most deal with the 2k limit

Gives you more b2g1 coupons when you renew too
Don't Gamestop track trade-ins by government ID? Correct me if I'm wrong but regardless of how may pur account one uses to trade, the trade-in amounts are aggregated and link to one state ID?

I'm in Cali, so maybe its just a cali thing. If someone can confirm, would definitely help for future references.

Well yesterday with the buy 2 get 1 free on 360 and PS3 made boomeranging easy as pie . The $105 i spent on Friday at Bestbuy is now $735 gamestop credit. Worst case I sell the cards to a gift card site for 79% which is $475 profit for a day's trades. Also your correct if your in an ID state it will be all tracked to state id. Might just be your part of Cali, but knowing how much BS to do anything in Cal it's probably the entire state.

Well yesterday with the buy 2 get 1 free on 360 and PS3 made boomeranging easy as pie. The $105 i spent on Friday at Bestbuy is now $735 gamestop credit. Worst case I sell the cards to a gift card site for 79% which is $475 for a days trades.
what did you spend $105 on for that traded in for $735?

I started with a small stack of games from a local shop where I had credit. This net me ~$150 in Gamestop credit. With one PUR account and only going to $1286.40 worth of trade ins over 3 days (including the initial $150), I ended with ~$650 in credit and reserves across two stores. I didn't go to best buy once or pull a single penny out of my pocket. Thanks to everyone who contributes on a regular basis here, it is very much appreciated.

what did you spend $105 on for that traded in for $735?
the 105 was the first trade. Then the $197 it produced went to boomerangs. Like 4 total trades. There were all kinds of ways to it this weekend if you followed BB's sheet and devised a plan for the most bang for the buck. Usually I wouldn't waste time on the standard 5 or 6 $3 flips we get, but that previous generation sale, along with Mafia, and breaking up the BO three pack new made it worth while.

With the b2g1 pur renewal coupon, I purchased 42 games at GS for 980 or so and traded them in today for 1620. So making close to 600 for an hours worth of in store time and a couple hours scoping out Blackbeards sheet. I also snagged a few copies of pvZ and Rory at target for another 120 or so with 30 spent. The margins were really exceptional with the 60% bonus this time around, so staying under the 2k monthly limit and making a good return was easy if you had a BBY and a Target and a well stocked GameStop or two in your area. Mega props to Blackbeard as always. I went from 1200 in credit at the start of the week to 1900 right now with a paid of destiny 2 CE and a mostly paid COD WW2 pro edition and 10 on injustice 2

Edit-If someone's gamestop or GameStops had good stock of the >$16 boomerangs you could easily stay under the trade limits and make a tidy profit.

Well yesterday with the buy 2 get 1 free on 360 and PS3 made boomeranging easy as pie. The $105 i spent on Friday at Bestbuy is now $735 gamestop credit. Worst case I sell the cards to a gift card site for 79% which is $475 profit for a day's trades. Also your correct if your in an ID state it will be all tracked to state id. Might just be your part of Cali, but knowing that stae it's probably the entire state of Cal.
In Florida, the ID rule varies by county. In Broward, I have to show ID, sign paperwork, and stamp the form with my thumbprint. In Palm Beach County, there is nothing like that. Just sign the card reader after all trades are completed.

Regarding the actual net credit, it depends really. The first day, I netted over $300 in credit without spending a dime of real money. Today, I did it again, except I traded in games that I did purchase at some time in the past and netted about $200.

I, personally, don't chase the mega flips nowadays because I don't want the extra bills this coming month. I prefer to boomerang and use reward points to "pay" for the games using existing trade credit.

Once I get some of my latest expenses paid off like new hurricane windows and doors for my house, I will look into adding disposable income to the flips and then the real damage will be done.

As it stands now, I'm sitting on over $1k in trade credit and a few food gift cards for a quick solution to dinner for the family.

In Florida, the ID rule varies by county. In Broward, I have to show ID, sign paperwork, and stamp the form with my thumbprint. In Palm Beach County, there is nothing like that. Just sign the card reader after all trades are completed.
Regarding the actual net credit, it depends really. The first day, I netted over $300 in credit without spending a dime of real money. Today, I did it again, except I traded in games that I did purchase at some time in the past and netted about $200.
I, personally, don't chase the mega flips nowadays because I don't want the extra bills this coming month. I prefer to boomerang and use reward points to "pay" for the games using existing trade credit.
Once I get some of my latest expenses paid off like new hurricane windows and doors for my house, I will look into adding disposable income to the flips and then the real damage will be done.
As it stands now, I'm sitting on over $1k in trade credit and a few food gift cards for a quick solution to dinner for the family.
Same deal here, in my county we present a license for every trade and every console has to have a legible serial number per pawn laws, in the next county over no id necessary and consoles don't need anything except accessories and to turn on and function.

Broward vs Palm Beach can't image why the differences there ;-) Even around here (with no ID laws) I stay mainly in the nicer areas. In general you don't get much BS vs stores that face folks trading in stolen stuff left and right.

I think one of the employees flagged my account. He said I was abusing the system when I tried to get the trade in bump. I tried trading at a different store today and they said my trade limit was reached even though I'm nowhere near $1000 worth in trades.

How long am I banned for? A month?

I didn't do that much damage but I'm not complaining, this weekend was awesome for flipping. I turned $58 into roughly $121 today (Garden Warfare 2 and the black ops collection are potential GOAT flips), ended up with $389 total credit. Super bomberman R was a fantastic flip too, $32 at BB turned into $53 at GS, the guy added the $5 bonus card on there. I'm ecstatic, thanks Blackbeard and every other helpful person in this thread! 

I think one of the employees flagged my account. He said I was abusing the system when I tried to get the trade in bump. I tried trading at a different store today and they said my trade limit was reached even though I'm nowhere near $1000 worth in trades.

How long am I banned for? A month?
Bans in my experience have been 90 days, even for first offense. Gotta open up a second account 😉

Bans in my experience have been 90 days, even for first offense. Gotta open up a second account
And go to different stores. Don't buy all you stuff at the same store you trade it at. Even though your doing nothing wrong and playing within the rules why put any target on yourself. As people are aholes and even the coolest employee can start getting jealous when they see what your banking on them. Also take the damn GS stickers off before you flip (as a side tip).

the 105 was the first trade. Then the $197 it produced went to boomerangs. Like 4 total trades. There were all kinds of ways to it this weekend if you followed BB's sheet and devised a plan for the most bang for the buck. Usually I wouldn't waste time on the standard 5 or 6 $3 flips we get, but that previous generation sale, along with Mafia, and breaking up the BO three pack new made it worth while.
i see what you mean, the $105 was the initial investment. that is about the only thing i am missing to really cash in, a 2nd gamestop closer to me.

i see what you mean, the $105 was the initial investment. that is about the only thing i am missing to really cash in, a 2nd gamestop closer to me.
that's the other issue indeed. I got 5 GS within 20 minutes of one another locally. If I really wanted to there's maybe another 20-25 in my metro area. So my rules are generalized for if you have those options of many stores in your area. If not still taking a low key approach (as best as you can) should be common sense.

And go to different stores. Don't buy all you stuff at the same store you trade it at. Even though your doing nothing wrong and playing within the rules why put any target on yourself. As people are aholes and even the coolest employee can start getting jealous when they see what your banking on them. Also take the damn GS stickers off before you flip (as a side tip).
Yeah I probably went to this store too much. I usually make a lot of my trades at this store after grabbing them from other stores. It was basically my home store and the last stop on my trips, but I always had a feeling that the manager was keeping an eye on me. I guess yesterday was the last straw when he looked at the preorders on my account. I'll probably never step foot in that GameStop again.

EDIT: Thankfully, I was able to make a new account with my passport, and i was also able to trade in the rest of my games. Maybe it is time to get a state ID, just in case...

Don't forget guys, you can order online.  Just ordered 3 copies of Dead Space 3 and a copy of Mafia 3 for next month's bump for $35.xx total

Speaking of confused... I have some Gamestop Power Up Rewards points saved up.. And allegedly today is the last day to redeem them before the "New and Exciting Reward Center Experience" rolls on out..
I guess that I can use what points I've got for "pre-owned coupons"
Pre-owned coupons are good for a couple months before they expire..?
I just don't want to see the ammount increase overnight for how many points it takes to get the same coupon etc. etc..
I'm cautious after the Club Nintendo thing, but the only things I'd want are the $50 off coupons... I'm letting my points ride and just hoping I don't regret it because of devaluation.

Is there a minimum you need to spend on an Uber gift card to get the $5 gift card? Is it $5 for every X on the GC? Can't find the details online.

Finished off the weekend with 898.38 on the trade card and 1967.05 traded overall. Now to sit back and enjoy Chris Thile's mandolin at the Greek Theater

You guys have me worried that my PUR points will be worthless by tomorrow morning. I usually wait until Cyber Monday to cash out, but I'm thinking I should grab at least one preowned coupon tonight. Anyone else having "Chicken Little" syndrome?

I so have to hit BB up with a donation for his sheets. Would suggest everyone here try to give him a few $. As in the past flipping took way more time.

Man, didn't have many things on-hand, but found a few at BB to pick-up -- forgot GS closed at 6 though (no mall area that's open later here).  Guess we'll see what sticks around tomorrow?

Didn't find any CRAZY deals though, (Bomberman was probably best w/$5 coupon).  Would've turned ~$200 w/GCU into ~$250 I guess.  Here's hoping values stick tomorrow and I can find a target with some of these better trade-ups!  Thanks for sharing all your pro-tips though everyone!

You guys have me worried that my PUR points will be worthless by tomorrow morning. I usually wait until Cyber Monday to cash out, but I'm thinking I should grab at least one preowned coupon tonight. Anyone else having "Chicken Little" syndrome?
Not really. These points are great for preowned coupons and renewing PUR Pro but it's really gravy to the main course. If you feel shook, just cash out and grab a few of the desired titles for a future bump plus bonus event.

Yeah I probably went to this store too much. I usually make a lot of my trades at this store after grabbing them from other stores. It was basically my home store and the last stop on my trips, but I always had a feeling that the manager was keeping an eye on me. I guess yesterday was the last straw when he looked at the preorders on my account. I'll probably never step foot in that GameStop again.

EDIT: Thankfully, I was able to make a new account with my passport, and i was also able to trade in the rest of my games. Maybe it is time to get a state ID, just in case...
Which State are you in? In California your ID number is the same on the license and Identification card. I also wanted to hear from people who have used their License and CA ID card, did it work for you?

Man, didn't have many things on-hand, but found a few at BB to pick-up -- forgot GS closed at 6 though (no mall area that's open later here). Guess we'll see what sticks around tomorrow?

Didn't find any CRAZY deals though, (Bomberman was probably best w/$5 coupon). Would've turned ~$200 w/GCU into ~$250 I guess. Here's hoping values stick tomorrow and I can find a target with some of these better trade-ups! Thanks for sharing all your pro-tips though everyone!
PvZ2

Sonic Racing Transformed

Ultimate Spider-Man 2

Does the (so far) test market PUR Elite roll out nationwide tomorrow?  I don't want to order another year of PUR Pro if Elite exists tomorrow.  However, I am not sure WHY I care since it's $15 turned into much more anyway....

Damn, that sucks. Within a 30 minute radius I have 5 Targets, 2 BBs, 7 Walmarts, and 9 Gamestops.
I do what I can. At least I don't have to think about getting banned by trading in too much. Some days I'll get lucky with Rebox flips and occasionally find good clearance flips from Walmart and it makes my day better lol

Recently I found 4 copies of LittleBigPlanet 3 at my Walmart for $10 each. They were good flips!

Turned $100 into $330 ish Gamestop credit and $50 uber. Now it looks like i missed out on some free $5 gift cards with uber? I guess it didnt automatically ring up?

Does the (so far) test market PUR Elite roll out nationwide tomorrow? I don't want to order another year of PUR Pro if Elite exists tomorrow. However, I am not sure WHY I care since it's $15 turned into much more anyway....
I'd be surprised if PUR Elite goes nationwide within the next couple of months, definitely not tomorrow. What's happening tomorrow is the new rewards catalog, which basically seems to be fewer or no physical rewards. I guess it will be all digital or reward certificate type stuff. Some people are speculating that $ off coupons will cost more points but I doubt that.

Turned $100 into $330 ish Gamestop credit and $50 uber. Now it looks like i missed out on some free $5 gift cards with uber? I guess it didnt automatically ring up?
You have to add $5 GameStop for every $15 UBER. So you qualified for $10 in free gift card credit if you asked for a $10 GameStop gift card.

All these bonus GameStop gift cards have to be added by the buyer. GameStop will never knowingly help you figure out their bonuses because they don't even know them.

Does the (so far) test market PUR Elite roll out nationwide tomorrow? I don't want to order another year of PUR Pro if Elite exists tomorrow. However, I am not sure WHY I care since it's $15 turned into much more anyway....
One of my local stores said it was originally supposed to go nationwide in May, but was delayed because of tech stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back