GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they give you a digital code for free and refund you or something?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I read that Virtua got kickbacks from both Gamestop and MS. Didn't he get a free game and $75 gift card? Lol

a960a0ac740d9b1e1a6250ec130b3ea4a7c0f2a79de6a058feb55eeaded97408.jpg

I just called my store to see if you could trade four on the Infinite Warfare list to get the Legacy Pro edition and they tried it out and found that it would only boost the value of two of the games, not all four.

I just called my store to see if you could trade four on the Infinite Warfare list to get the Legacy Pro edition and they tried it out and found that it would only boost the value of two of the games, not all four.
That just made a possible deal worthless. Cant fault them for figuring it out but it just lost them potential trade

You all must know that Infinite Warfare deal is because they are less then 6 months away from WWII and still have a ton of new inventory they need to sell. On top of that they have a ton of pre-owned copies too.

:XB1: Standard
In Stock: 219
Low Stock: 126
No Stock: 15
Sample Range: 783 - 1472
National Range: 8482 - 15947
National Estimation: 12214
New In Stock: 315
New Low Stock: 44
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 989 - 1978
National Range: 10714 - 21428
National Estimation: 16071

:pS4: Standard
In Stock: 356
Low Stock: 4
No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 1072 - 2141
National Range: 11613 - 23194
National Estimation: 17404
New In Stock: 314
New Low Stock: 45
New No Stock: 1
Sample Range: 987 - 1974
National Range: 10692 - 21385
National Estimation: 16038

:XB1: Legacy
In Stock: 270
Low Stock: 84
No Stock: 6
Sample Range: 894 - 1725
National Range: 9685 - 18688
National Estimation: 14186
New In Stock: 345
New Low Stock: 15
New No Stock: 0
Sample Range: 1050 - 2100
National Range: 11375 - 22750
National Estimation: 17062

:pS4: Legacy
New In Stock: 306
New Low Stock: 54
Sample Range: 972 - 1944
National Range: 10530 - 21060
National Estimation: 15795

:XB1: Legacy Pro
New In Stock: 98
New Low Stock: 262
Sample Range: 556 - 1112
National Range: 6023 - 12047
National Estimation: 9035

:pS4: Legacy Pro
New In Stock: 116
New Low Stock: 244
Sample Range: 592 - 1184
National Range: 6413 - 12827
National Estimation: 9620

Please sir, think of the children.
Why waste employees time testing shit traded in to see if it even works if the consumer will do it for you, and waste their gasoline and time driving in to complain the 15% of the time they end up with a broken item? It's the same ideology that made Walmart realize they make more money when the store is a mess and clothing is piled up out of order by people who tried shit on and just out it back on a random hanger in a different section, because the money lost of stolen socks and undies and even stolen clothes (made in China for $0.01 per month salaries) was far less than paying someone to organize and keep track of it, or security to stop shoplifters ($7.25 per hour)

Is there any way to check trade credit history?

On Monday, I traded in some games and made a purchase. After all was said an done, my trade credit card had $17.xx on it. Today, I traded in some more games and received $60.51. I just checked the balance and it says I have exactly $60.51. I didn't make any other purchases, so I have no idea where the other $17 went.

Is there any way to figure out what happened to the missing money. Is there a number I can call or should I just drop them an email on the website? Or would it be best to go back to the store at which I trade my games?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

The stores in my area received testing machines for all controllers. Plug it in and it has to pass that all sticks and buttons register full movement with no drift. If it doesn't, they won't take it
Will roll out nation wide thus year. Also tests phones and will test consoles later on.

Yes I understand that. I was speaking in retail dollars if that makes sense. Trade them in for 60 value which would purchase infinite warfare, and then trade that in for 16.50 without bonuses. Then again, I'm sure you could just wait for that game to be $20 at best buy. Unless you want to risk a return, which I don't think I'm willing to do
That's not a deal. That's you spending money to trade towards a shit game and then trading that shit game back for less money than it costs for the original 2 games(BOps2 & Mafia3).

So after renewing my pro account last weekend, today I woke up 3 coupons for buy 2 get one free preowned item. All 3 coupons have different codes, hope they're all valid.

I still have the same code that I possibly used. CS gave me the code before it appeared on my account. I'll wait to see later on if it works.

Why waste employees time testing shit traded in to see if it even works if the consumer will do it for you, and waste their gasoline and time driving in to complain the 15% of the time they end up with a broken item? It's the same ideology that made Walmart realize they make more money when the store is a mess and clothing is piled up out of order by people who tried shit on and just out it back on a random hanger in a different section, because the money lost of stolen socks and undies and even stolen clothes (made in China for $0.01 per month salaries) was far less than paying someone to organize and keep track of it, or security to stop shoplifters ($7.25 per hour)
Lol idk why? is GameStop selling you a controller that's cracked and missing 2 buttons? lol

They'll give me a 4 dollar refurb fee LOL THE OUTRAGE!!!!

I know people have been having different results with OG PS4 trade-ins for $200, but has anyone tried to trade in an OG 3DS for $100? I think I'm gonna give it a shot sometime this week, seems like a decent amount for a non "new" 3DS.

Lol because GameStop allows you to trade in defective items at a lesser value but still allows you to receive a promotional value? Lol sorry for offending y'all but not really
No you idiot because other people go in pay for those and get broken shit because of you. Can't wait for year end when this fuckery stops.

Gamestops are all getting some device that will allow them to plug in a controller and see if its defective. If the machine says its fucked, its fucked and they can't take it in.

No you idiot because other people go in pay for those and get broken shit because of you. Can't wait for year end when this fuckery stops.
What part of them giving me a refurb do you not understand? Why would you buy a controller with missing buttons? They send it to the warehouse to get it fixed. Direct your nerd rage elsewhere plz.

Gamestops are all getting some device that will allow them to plug in a controller and see if its defective. If the machine says its fucked, its fucked and they can't take it in.
That's a lie as defective items get hit with a fee or just have a different price. Lol is this forum overrun with raging junior detectives?

Hey 'beard, wondering if GS is showing an unusually high or disproportionate number of 360 Black Ops One & Threes. Have people been trading all three or just the two that don't work on XB1, or just Blops 2 because it fetches more?

Hoping all three get a stealth bump this month. Three will never get the Back Compat boost cause there's already a next gen version of it. Maybe I'll hold onto my copies of BO1 in case.

That's a lie as defective items get hit with a fee or just have a different price. Lol is this forum overrun with raging junior detectives?
It's not a lie. Damn you are dense. All gamestops will have these controller testers by years end. So the crap you are doing will stop.

I know people have been having different results with OG PS4 trade-ins for $200, but has anyone tried to trade in an OG 3DS for $100? I think I'm gonna give it a shot sometime this week, seems like a decent amount for a non "new" 3DS.
I got $100 for my "old" 3DS XL and $200 for my 500GB PS4 toward a PS4 Pro.

But then again, I have really, really cool people working my local GameStop. I traded in an Xbox One controller toward an elite controller today, and they gave me the guaranteed $50 and on top of that, the clerk scanned the magical $5 coupon (I didn't have one on me, he just used one on the counter) to get me additional $5 off.

It's not a lie. Damn you are dense. All gamestops will have these controller testers by years end. So the crap you are doing will stop.
So obviously broken things will not be taken? Like my dead cracked iPad didn't get me $25 a month ago? A dollar less if I didn't have a cable?

I'm not saying controller testers will not happen, because I have no idea if they will or they won't, but what I'm saying is GameStop currently will happily give you credit for broken items ACKNOWLEDGING that they're broken. Now you may think that might change, but with the pricing actually built into it's trade system and most fine print on promotional items expliciting saying "you may receive a lesser value for defective systems", Im pretty skeptical.

Now that might seem fucked up to you, or maybe to your store, and they certainly have a right to deny a trade, but they/those stores don't and that's what matters.

Soooo sorry not sorry, cry moar.

I don't think the problem is trading in defective controllers if the controller is marked as defective and sent back to the warehouse because those are either fixed or taken apart and used as parts to refurb other controllers. The problem is someone trading in a defective controller and the employee not defecting it and putting it on sale as soon as the customer leaves.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I read that Virtua got kickbacks from both Gamestop and MS. Didn't he get a free game and $75 gift card? Lol

a960a0ac740d9b1e1a6250ec130b3ea4a7c0f2a79de6a058feb55eeaded97408.jpg
Got a $65 gift card to buy halo wars 2 digital as advertised on the box.

I mean if they allow it why not get the $50 back?

I don't think the problem is trading in defective controllers if the controller is marked as defective and sent back to the warehouse because those are either fixed or taken apart and used as parts to refurb other controllers. The problem is someone trading in a defective controller and the employee not defecting it and putting it on sale as soon as the customer leaves.
Absolutely.

In the person who will one day have karma coming to them's defense, this is partially why they have the whole "bring it back in X many days" thing. That said, still a chance it doesn't get detected making them, to quote a nine year old, a "big poopy head."

Lol because GameStop allows you to trade in defective items at a lesser value but still allows you to receive a promotional value? Lol sorry for offending y'all but not really
Just fyi because of assholes like you (assuming you really do that) I was baited into a trade ban over a defective controller. Thats really not cool

Just fyi because of assholes like you (assuming you really do that) I was baited into a trade ban over a defective controller. Thats really not cool
You bitch at what he is doing but try to hold the moral high ground for taking advantage of other gamestop loopholes (which is what got you banned, your actions)? It is not like he is asking how to bake a 360 so it will pass as not having a RROD. Heck I just traded a bum PS4 controller in a couple of weeks ago because the material on the stick had ripped, the lady just charged me a refurb fee and I agreed. Granted the likelihood of it just end up bagged on the floor is high but that is gamestops fault for their policy. The Dead Rising 2 HD I was going to flip to at the same time she tried to hit me with a refurb fee when I had just bought it less than 1 hour prior at another store for scratches on the top of the disk, I declined as she would have just put it back on the floor and I was interested in playing through it again.

Gamestop did do this semi recently.

CskU1KcWEAA7NTh.jpg

They do want your defective stuff they just don't want it hitting store shelves without being refurbed first. This machine stores will be getting should help eliminate employees not defecting broken controllers.

I don't give a shit if someone trades in a broken controller with a refurb fee on it. I care when someone tries to hide it and get full price so they toss it on the shelf and people buy broken shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back