GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
yikes, how good is that elite controller that you'd all either spend $150 on it or give up $150 worth of controllers ($150 meaning the price you could sell them off for not necessarily paid for them in the first place)?

Isn't it based on the 2013 version of their controllers anyway (no mic port, Bluetooth , textured grip)?
Its by far the best standard consumer console controller on the market. I specifically buy some games for Xbox rather than PS4 just so I can use my elite. The paddles are game changing.

So with the 40% extra towards Puyo Puyo, if I have $80 worth of games and trade towards it, that will be $112 - 40 for puyo, leaving me with $72 leftover? Is that how that promo works?

What about in 2 separate transactions? Trade 2, get COD. Return COD and trade in 2 more games, buy legacy pro edition.
Unless they changed the system in the last 9 years, I don't think you can do a return and trade-in in the same transaction. So 3 transactions would be needed.

Weird question that I may have skipped over in the faq, but I did look first!

I've never tried using a PUR certificate on Xbox or PSN cards because I assumed you couldn't. IF that is a correct assumption, are you also locked out of using one in a transaction in which you buy a game but also a PSN card? Sort of like how Best Buy won't let you use a reward certificate on a promo that includes a gift card.

I have a few things to trade in towards Stardew Valley. I actually want the game so I won't be returning it. Would I be able to trade my stuff, use a $20 and a $5 certificate and use the balance on digital cards in one transaction? Or would I have to do two separate transactions (trade in stuff, use certificates, get game, put balance on trade card, then use trade card in a another transaction to buy digital cards)?

Its by far the best standard consumer console controller on the market. I specifically buy some games for Xbox rather than PS4 just so I can use my elite. The paddles are game changing.
Picked mine up yesterday and agree that it is the best standard first-party controller one can buy. I'm more of a Sony gamer myself, but this controller is so nice that I'm looking into the adapter that would allow it to work with the PS4 (CronusMax?).

For any California residents, I'm visiting LA in a few weeks. Do they charge tax when paying by credit?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I wonder if GS restocked stores with more copies of Deformers or I am actually seeing about how many canceled pre-orders they have had on each platform. If your wondering I've estimated they have sold about 4,000 physical copies across all platforms not including pre-orders that were picked up so they may have sold 5-6k physical copies altogether. The delta I am seeing which very well could be canceled pre-orders is about 2,700.

But I am sure they are going to fudge the numbers with investors and say well we sold over 10K digitally on PS4 and PC.

Cali CAGs Switches are coming in. Be warned I hear reports they are trying to force it as an in store bundle even going as far as telling people they will sell to them if they buy the warranty and a pro membership. Others things too like buying a certain amount of  games and accesories to go along with it.

3/4 of the units coming in are Neon and the rest are Gray

Cali CAGs Switches are coming in. Be warned I hear reports they are trying to force it as an in store bundle even going as far as telling people they will sell to them if they buy the warranty and a pro membership.
My dm informed us that we were to hold them till Friday because they wanted us to push the webinstore bundles. They obviously make more sales by going that route than selling them individually. Also, they are encouraging us to "bundle up" the individual bundles, but not mandating it.

I mean, most people need games to play with the darn console don't they? Or accessories for that matter.

My dm informed us that we were to hold them till Friday because they wanted us to push the webinstore bundles. They obviously make more sales by going that route than selling them individually. Also, they are encouraging us to "bundle up" the individual bundles, but not mandating it.

I mean, most people need games to play with the darn console don't they? Or accessories for that matter.
I get the game bundles but not everyone wants the accessories / warranty/ pro card. Also there are some people who do digital only.

I dont like this behavior. This is one of those decisions where they think they will make more money, but in the long run people are going to go out of their way to not shop at Gamestop with these type of tactics.

If they are going to do that, simply go online only. Don't send the console to the stores and push bundles. Or, if you do, at least add a sweetener like a giftcard or discount on a controller

I understand selling console alone hurts the company and you want to do all things possible to mitigate those losses, but there's better ways to go about it.

Here the latest Pokemon numbers because I know some of you are still sitting on these. This actually gives you an idea around where GS starts lowering and raising the base TIV at.

Pokemon X : 15,318 and Base $9

Pokemon Y : 16,418 and Base $8

Pokemon AS : 16,028 and Base $8

Pokemon OR : 15,980 and Base $8

Pokemon Sun : 11,748 and Base $17  **Always Bumped to $25 Base in 2017 

Pokemon Moon : 11,564 and Base $17 **Always Bumped to $25 Base in 2017 

Pokemon Pearl : 4,388 and Base $17

Pokemon Diamond : 4,388 and Base $17

Pokemon Platinum : 4,350 and Base $17 *Sometimes Bumped to $25 Base

Pokemon SoulSilver : 3,900 and Base $20 *Sometimes Bumped to $30 Base

Pokemon HeartGold : 3,570 and Base $20 *Sometimes Bumped to $30 Base

Did Pokémon Platinum have a small print run compared to other Pokémon games? Or is this just a popular game nobody ever wants to get rid of?

Here the latest Pokemon numbers because I know some of you are still sitting on these. This actually gives you an idea around where GS starts lowering and raising the base TIV at.

Pokemon Sun : 11,748 and Base $17 **Always Bumped to $25 Base in 2017
Pokemon Moon : 11,564 and Base $17 **Always Bumped to $25 Base in 2017
Pokemon Pearl : 4,388 and Base $17
Pokemon Diamond : 4,388 and Base $17
Pokemon Platinum : 4,350 and Base $17 *Sometimes Bumped to $25 Base
Pokemon SoulSilver : 3,900 and Base $20 *Sometimes Bumped to $30 Base
Pokemon HeartGold : 3,570 and Base $20 *Sometimes Bumped to $30 Base
This data is great. How long before you are able to predict the values for the future? Seems like you are close.

c7586c5009575cbbff66a9aaa70f7853_funny-gif-find-share-on-giphy-fainting-meme-gif_320-240.gif

Got:

5 x Pokemon X

2 x Pokemon Y

1 x Pokemon AS

3 x Pokemon OR

Not sure WTF I was thinking buying so many copies. Good thing I can usually recoup that amount during 1 bonus weekend.

Did Pokémon Platinum have a small print run compared to other Pokémon games? Or is this just a popular game nobody ever wants to get rid of?
Platinum sold a total of 7.6 million copies worldwide lifetime sales. Diamond & Pearl had 17.67 million combined worldwide lifetime sales. HeartGold & SoulSilver had 12.72 million combined worldwide lifetime sales. Seems like Platinum had a similar print run to other Pokemon games of that era.

3 stores with Switches in stock and all were selling bundle online. I don't need a membership, don't need the games, and don't want a warranty. Idk why the forcing fucking memberships down our throats. 🖕🏻Them.

I must have the best luck lately. Went to gamestop while waiting for my wife in the store nearby. They had DOOM marked at $17.99 still. I traded that in for like $28 during the cod/destiny 2 bump. DIdn't expect to rebuy it this quick.

On topic, one of the guys working the register was holding like a 6 month old baby who was crying while working??

And out the back room another kid pokes his head out and starts asking the cashier for something.

It was like, the saddest possible gamestop scene.

Last edited:
I must have the best luck lately. Went to gamestop while waiting for my wife in the store nearby. They had DOOM marked at $17.99 still. I traded that in for like $28 during the cod/destiny 2 bump. DIdn't expect to rebuy it this quick.

On topic, one of the guys working the register was holding like a 6 month old baby who was crying while working??

And out the back room another kid pokes his head out and starts asking the cashier for something.

It was like, the saddest possible gamestop scene.
Wonder who traded in the kids...

You guys know that you don't HAVE to buy it at GameStop right? You might hate the company and all but that doesn't stop almost everyone here from making money off of them.

Amazon forces Prime membership the times they have put the switch up and I don't see anyone crying....

I am yet to hear about forcing people to get bundles, at least not in my district. They are encouraging us to offer them, just plain and simple do our jobs.

You guys know that you don't HAVE to buy it at GameStop right? You might hate the company and all but that doesn't stop almost everyone here from making money off of them.

Amazon forces Prime membership the times they have put the switch up and I don't see anyone crying....

I am yet to hear about forcing people to get bundles, at least not in my district. They are encouraging us to offer them, just plain and simple do our jobs.
I don't HAVE to but why should I spend cash when I have store credit to completely pay it off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back