GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
you mind describing how it went down with the $15 certificate? just showed them the email and all was dandy?
I took the printed coupon into one store last week. They had no clue and suggested I call customer support. Did that, they said to have the store call next time I went in, but the rep sounded clueless too.

Took it back in yesterday. They called customer support. Everyone was still clueless. CS on the phone tried to get me to use my points, but I pointed out the wording on the email. They relented and added 15000 pts to my account. Ended up redeeming for a 25 dollar coupon towards a Switch Dock. Took about 15 to 20 mins total, but got it in the end.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I got question,If I renew my power up rewards will I get the buy one get two coupon instantly or do i have to wait for it?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Got some games at a yardsale this morning for $1/each.

Wii U - Hyrule Warriors
3ds - Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Y
PS3 - Batman:Arkham City, Dynasty Warriors 7, Naruto Shippuden
Wii - SSB:Brawl, The Last Story
Also 2 Amiibos - Link & Star Fox

Trying to decide if best to trade in to Gamestop or to Amazon or sell online myself.

All are complete and in good used condition.

Wii U - Hyrule Warriors

Trying to decide if best to trade in to Gamestop or to Amazon or sell online myself.

Well they don't take Toys to Life anymore, so that portion of the decision is easy.

Wii U - Hyrule Warriors

I tried to replicate this deal at my local yard sale but they had none of these games in stock and refused to look in the back. They kept saying they "didn't know what I was talking about" and "what do you mean, check in the back?". Damn, employees are always taking all the good deals.

Have you guys been receiving points for your recent purchases? I bought games on Wednesday and yesterday and i have yet to receive any points.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I tried to replicate this deal at my local yard sale but they had none of these games in stock and refused to look in the back. They kept saying they "didn't know what I was talking about" and "what do you mean, check in the back?". Damn, employees are always taking all the good deals.
You needed a wink and a hush.

Have you guys been receiving points for your recent purchases? I bought games on Wednesday and yesterday and i have yet to receive any points.

I got points for a transaction I did on Wednesday, but not on Tuesday or two Sundays ago. They were big transactions too

Just re-upped my PUR sub today online hoping that I could get in on the Horizon coupon.  Doesn't look like that will happen in time.  Is the coupon in Active Offers for others?

I was able to use the the buy 2 get one free coupon with the same code that customer service gave me. I just had the cashier scan the barcode that they sent to me on my phone.

Don't shoot the messanger if this one has already been posted...

XBox 360 Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.49 (If bought as part of 4/$20 with PUR)
XBox 360 GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City - $8.99 (Again, pre-owned with PUR)

$13.48 ===== Pretax Total

$22.50 ===== TIV with 50% bonus flip since you are now trading it in as X360 GTA IV Complete! (traded in without a case of course)

Nice little $9 turnaround with little effort...AND you are not trading in something you just bought to raise flags!

And for the record...YES...I tested this method already.

Side question / request for Mr. BB.......

Would it be possible to add a column to the 'GS and BB TIV Comparison' tab that would show the possible GS ---> BB values specifically when purchasing the games at GS with a B2G1 coupon? I know amazon cards are a go again (at least for now), but burning a B2G1 to get Best Buy credit does certainly still have advantages in many cases.
(I know I posted that request once before, but I didn't see a response and wanted to give it another shot.)

Anyways, good luck all on the GTA IV Complete everyone!

If someone needs the Horizon coupon, ill gladly give them mine. Just send me a pm.
Letting someone else use my coupon pro coupon wont cause my account to be banned, will it?

Don't shoot the messanger if this one has already been posted...

XBox 360 Grand Theft Auto IV - $4.49 (If bought as part of 4/$20 with PUR)
XBox 360 GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City - $8.99 (Again, pre-owned with PUR)

$13.48 ===== Pretax Total

$22.50 ===== TIV with 50% bonus flip since you are now trading it in as X360 GTA IV Complete! (traded in without a case of course)

Nice little $9 turnaround with little effort...AND you are not trading in something you just bought to raise flags!

And for the record...YES...I tested this method already.

Anyways, good luck all on the GTA IV Complete everyone!
The discs for the complete edition are different from the stand alone games. Did the employee not know or just not care?

I apologize if the way I explained it is incorrect.

Here is how I did it at least...
My GS had a copy of Liberty City Complete (both episodes on one disk) which I am sure most do. I grabbed stand alone GTA IV. Next stop was a different store for a few trades...just said I didn't have the case but it was the 'Complete' version. No questions asked, he just typed in title name and I got the $22.50.

Is the retail version of the game all on one disk?

Sorry again, thought I was posting a good flip.

Just used the horizon zero dawn coupon in store and it worked. Can also stack reward certificates on it. Today is the last day despite the coupon saying it ended yesterday.

I apologize if the way I explained it is incorrect.

Here is how I did it at least...
My GS had a copy of Liberty City Complete (both episodes on one disk) which I am sure most do. I grabbed stand alone GTA IV. Next stop was a different store for a few trades...just said I didn't have the case but it was the 'Complete' version. No questions asked, he just typed in title name and I got the $22.50.

Is the retail version of the game all on one disk?

Sorry again, thought I was posting a good flip.
It's definitely a good flip if it works. I feel like the majority of people that tried this would succeed but there would probably be a few that get turned down. The complete edition discs look totally different and say complete edition on them.
[attachment=26642:IMG_1547.JPG][attachment=26643:IMG_1546.JPG]standard version vs complete edition version

I would wait for the next stealth bump.
I checked the values and...

Amazon = $89.75
Gamestop = $69.85

Best Buy wasn't even competitive.

Would a stealth bump or extra trade incentive close that $20 difference? Also have a 2nd & Charles store near I could get a quote from too.

^^^ No ones mentioned new details about store closings or expansions to that PUR Elite membership in a while; probably not on the horizon. Big changes might not happen until next fiscal year.

I bought another year of pro, bought games, and traded in at another store. Got the 300 points for another year of pro, but no points for the other 2 transactions.

So, received a digital giftcard from GS that was different than the amount on my physical. Used it, and zap goes my physical to 0 with a difference of more than 100 gone. Now I have to make yet another call to GS cs. They are so with the bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back