GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from GS and traded in all 45 games right after I bought them with a B2G1. Put 1K on my PUR card for more flipz and cashed out the other 2k in AMZ cards. Cashier made me pay off Rime but whatever I just canceled it immediately after I got my AMZ cards. Went home and explained everything I did on slickdealz and GS reddit after I got done writing a horrible survey for the associate for making me pay off Rime.

Rollin dez creditz!!!!

giphy.gif

Just got back from GS and traded in all 45 games right after I bought them with a B2G1. Put 1K on my PUR card for more flipz and cashed out the other 2k in AMZ cards. Cashier made me pay off Rime but whatever I just canceled it immediately after I got my AMZ cards. Went home and explained everything I did on slickdealz and GS reddit after I got done writing a horrible survey for the associate for making pay off Rime.

Rollin dez creditz!!!!
Omg wot did you flipp? dat 2k?

Just got back from GS and traded in all 45 games right after I bought them with a B2G1. Put 1K on my PUR card for more flipz and cashed out the other 2k in AMZ cards. Cashier made me pay off Rime but whatever I just canceled it immediately after I got my AMZ cards. Went home and explained everything I did on slickdealz and GS reddit after I got done writing a horrible survey for the associate for making me pay off Rime.

Rollin dez creditz!!!!

giphy.gif
45 game !!! you bought 45 games with one b2g1?

^ You guys will expedite the inevitable limitation of the renewal b2g1 coupon.
lol how? I have 3 accounts, all renewed legitimately. Don't see a problem in getting the 3 b2g1 they advertise with PUR Pro.

Edit: nvm I see what you're trying to say, but hey if it's gonna happen eventually might as well do it now. Don't try to white knight or any of that bullshit either because there are many people using the b2g1 coupons in this way...if you're using it on 1 set to try and stay under the radar then oh well no flipparoonis for you.

Good job, fuckwit. This kind of behavior will get the B2G1 coupon limited to one set of three.

Plus, you will almost likely get the PUR account banned for that amount of activity. Good job as well, fuckwit.

I would also bet that the ASL or SL will red-flag the account for LP review.
Wait so he used multiple coupons or is their some kind of loophole in the system that allows you to use one coupon for multiple sets of three games in the same transaction?

The only problem with threads like this. When they get too big and a few folks (usually newbies) start screwing it up for everyone because they are too short sighted and greedy. If done right you can easily be making 500 a month with no issues. Try to retire on flipping in a month, your going to get banned like Sonichu from going into a Gamestop ;-). Even worse threads like this won't exists when people keep trades to themselves.

I don't think they can "flag an account" in their computer system. Based on what I've been told it's more work than that. They have to alert their DM and they have to send the info up to LP.

I've never been banned before, but I got put on a district wide "watch list". They sent around an email with some names of customers with abnormal trade activity. I also had a district manager call me once and ask where I got all the cell phones I was trading in for the 50% bonus. I was able to explain and he thanked me for my business.

I don't understand why they care so much. Flipping is actually good for their numbers because it helps with used product sales, power up renewals, and trade ins. It hurts the overall company's bottom line, but for an individual store it actually pumps up their numbers.
Didn't it happen to someone here last year where the employee changed the customers name in the acct to something like "No trades accepted"?

I wanted to add this to the FAQ, curious if anyone knows the answer. We know the limit for a card is $1000, so what happens if you have say $900 on a card and try to get $200 more put on it from a trade in? Does the card get $100 put on it and then prompt the cashier to put the remaining $100 on a different card?
Happened to me when i traded in electronics...they said they could put the whole trade on a new card or buy something to bring down my credit so it would fit on the old card.

I don't understand why they care so much. Flipping is actually good for their numbers because it helps with used product sales, power up renewals, and trade ins. It hurts the overall company's bottom line, but for an individual store it actually pumps up their numbers.
Because they think that people with a lot of games might have stolen them.

Didn't it happen to someone here last year where the employee changed the customers name in the acct to something like "No trades accepted"?
That was Darby with his returns. :)

Happened to me when i traded in electronics...they said they could put the whole trade on a new card or buy something to bring down my credit so it would fit on the old card.
I know the one time I got a 90 day limit my name literally came up in a conference call. It was in 14 after the ipad coupon flips. I know it came from the DM or LP not the store as the manager, who I was good friends with actually warned me that I came up in the conference call today. They were asking about you as they were worried about stolen items. I vouched for you that you were legit so be careful and try to lay low for a while.

Unpopular cag opinion. If youre not willing to lose a few bucks on buying a game and trading it in a month later with the next trade in boost, youre doing it wrong.

Just take the loss on the game, it ont be much, maybe $10-$20. You already gained sooooooooo much in credit. It also serves a couple of better purposes.

1. Will keep you from getting remembered as the asshole who gets the boost and returns the game. Doesn't matter if you take it to another store. Gamestops dont like returns. Eventually, youll be called on it.

2. Keeps lost prevention from getting on to you and perhaps banning you on day.

3. You don't have to deal with any employee bullshit. Long lines, whatever is the case. You can stay home and chill.

These are all greater good scenarios. Like I said, if that $10-$15 is worth it to you, then youre doing this wrong. That should be a loss worth taking.
Ditto. Stardew Valley traded this month for $26.25, without even the $5 bonus coupon. A loss of $3.75 to trade rather than return, when people could potentially be making hundreds nearly tripling those Target clearance games.

To anyone who got that $10 code for the Mic / Watch Dogs 2 bundle cancellation, I just used it on a preorder for Far Cry 5 on Gamestop.com despite the email saying "Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC."

Oh, and I wanted to bring up something that happened today that was kind of odd. I picked up a used copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate and there was a DLC code in the case, but when I went to put the receipt in the case the DLC code paper was gone. I decided to not make a huge deal out of it because chances are that it was used, however, that was a dick move on the associates part, right?

To anyone who got that $10 code for the Mic / Watch Dogs 2 bundle cancellation, I just used it on a preorder for Far Cry 5 on Gamestop.com despite the email saying "Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC."

Oh, and I wanted to bring up something that happened today that was kind of odd. I picked up a used copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate and there was a DLC code in the case, but when I went to put the receipt in the case the DLC code paper was gone. I decided to not make a huge deal out of it because chances are that it was used, however, that was a dick move on the associates part, right?
i think i saw somewhere that employees are supposed to remove any dlc inserts and stuff when they get games, whether or not they are used. so associate may have seen it and realized someone forgot to take it out. but should've just let you keep it lol

Heads up fellow CAGs, the witcher III wild hunt complete edition is DOTD at BB with GCU for 19.99 for the X1. Trades in for 33.75 with bonus.

A lot of times, the employees will just grab an extra copy out of the drawer that already has the disc instead of giving you the copy you brought up front.

50% Tech Trade extended through June 16 , not mentioned in this weeks weekly ad. Additional $20 extended through July. Cash same as credit seems to be indefinitely.

P.S. - Pro Day, coming in June, is when everyone PURP gets unlimited B2G1 transactions, right? Has B2G1 always been a staple of them?

Not sure if it's been mentioned but here it goes anyways:

Free $5 Gamestop gift card with the purchase of select $20 gift cards starts tomorrow. i think it was AMC, Domino's, Crunchyroll and 1 more

Good job, fuckwit. This kind of behavior will get the B2G1 coupon limited to one set of three.
Plus, you will almost likely get the PUR account banned for that amount of activity. Good job as well, fuckwit.
I would also bet that the ASL or SL will red-flag the account for LP review.
How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up!

I know you think you are saving the world or something, but those coupons always used to be only good on one set and very well could be made that way again if they wanted regardless of what people do. Did it ever occur to you that maybe they intended to remove the limit to boost sales?

The coupons are even worded such that they don't indicate a limit of one free game. Also what is the limit of free games when they do a B2G1 sale? That's right, there is no limit and you can get as many free games as you want. I don't see how this should be much different just because it is a coupon.

Rollin dez creditz!!!!
giphy.gif
Lmao. Put this in the FAQ.

How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up!

I know you think you are saving the world or something, but those coupons always used to be only good on one set and very well could be made that way again if they wanted regardless of what people do. Did it ever occur to you that maybe they intended to remove the limit to boost sales?

The coupons are even worded such that they don't indicate a limit of one free game. Also what is the limit of free games when they do a B2G1 sale? That's right, there is no limit and you can get as many free games as you want. I don't see how this should be much different just because it is a coupon.
No thanks, not thirsty right now.

I think it's all regional and district managers getting worked up over trades and "investigating" crap.

At a corporate level they don't give a shit. Oh, you got $30 for nba 2k17? We sold x number of those for average of $40 the next week. Who cares.

Blackbeard: to test this you could look at stock levels of:

Nba 2k17 ps3/360
Wwe 2k17 360
Plants vs zombies 2 ps4/xb1
And a few of the big boomerangs.

Pull stock today, then in two weeks see how stock levels are then. That will tell us something about if GameStop makes money off these value bump weekends.

I think they don't want people abusing it to excess, but there's no way this isn't a little bit encouraged by having these "secret" trade value increases that aren't advertised.

Remember too that GameStop is probably getting a small discount on copies of the surge, rime, etc that are involved in the trade value bonuses. These are deals worked out with the publishers to drive sales and pre orders. So GameStop probably pays a little less per copy of the surge sold with the trade value boost promo than they do for a copy of Zelda botw from Nintendo because there is no promo.

Your GameStop must be cool as hell or you are living in Beverly Hills 90210. No GameStop near me would allow the use of someone else id unless they are present. Wish I was in your shoes.
lmao my mom and dad were present and it was my bro trading them in . Uses my pro to just buy and him to jus5 trade

Black beard does the same thing I do gets praised. I do the same thing while using my bro pro as dumping [he is oresent)and parents id ( they are preeent)so I don't get tracked using diffrent gamestop and I'm the villain ?

The reason people are saying you as the villain is that people have been doing this a very long time. I myself have been flipping stuff since the mid 90s, if you're only concerned about the short term then keep doing what you're doing. If you're concerned about the long-term keep it in moderation, The truth is most things to a large corporation the size of GameStop fly under the radar. If they see small losses from these kind of promos but they are offset by big gains they don't care. When you abuse the promos to the extent you are doing it raises a red flag where somebody might investigate from corporate. That's how these things go from long-term to short-term.

Black beard does the same thing I do gets praised. I do the same thing while using my bro pro as dumping [he is oresent)and parents id ( they are preeent)so I don't get tracked using diffrent gamestop and I'm the villain ?
Guess you haven't been around long enough to know when BB is being sarcastic...

The reason people are saying you as the villain is that people have been doing this a very long time. I myself have been flipping stuff since the mid 90s, if you're only concerned about the short term then keep doing what you're doing. If you're concerned about the long-term keep it in moderation, The truth is most things to a large corporation the size of GameStop fly under the radar. If they see small losses from these kind of promos but they are offset by big gains they don't care. When you abuse the promos to the extent you are doing it raises a red flag where somebody might investigate from corporate. That's how these things go from long-term to short-term.
Even if I have diffrent pur memberships with diffrent id presents and go to diffrent gamestop . I'm actually more careful then most flippers here as I have diffrent people with diffrent ids and not trading stuff with the pur I bought it with. I have 8 diffrent gamestop close to me and go when the people are diffrent . I just don't see it.

Ok look at it this way. I used to manage a gamestop years ago. Good stores do 1million in sales a year, some stores as little as 500k. That is between 1300 and 2700 a day but if you consider that the average is 50% of you business in October through December that can be as little as $800 a day in the offseason. Now one weekend you do 4K in trades across 3 stores and you can see how that is an issue with the ratio of the store sales. All it takes is one call from a dm to a store to figure out what you are doing and then the conversation changes to how do we stop this. Bam no more multiples on buy 2 get 1. Is that more clear?

Ok look at it this way. I used to manage a gamestop years ago. Good stores do 1million in sales a year, some stores as little as 500k. That is between 1300 and 2700 a day but if you consider that the average is 50% of you business in October through December that can be as little as $800 a day in the offseason. Now one weekend you do 4K in trades across 3 stores and you can see how that is an issue with the ratio of the store sales. All it takes is one call from a dm to a store to figure out what you are doing and then the conversation changes to how do we stop this. Bam no more multiples on buy 2 get 1. Is that more clear?
Hmm kk I understand what you are saying . Most people I bought from said it was there biggest sale ever and biggest trade in ever . Guess I'm the only flipper in my area . Was thinking about going big and forming a flip squad but better keep it low profile then.

Hmm kk I understand what you are saying . Most people I bought from said it was there biggest sale ever and biggest trade in ever . Guess I'm the only flipper in my area . Was thinking about going big and forming a flip squad but better keep it low profile then.
A flip squad? Jesus you do realize while within the terms of the deal we function by keeping a low profile right? Don't have five people rolling through doing the same shit you fucking goon.

lol how? I have 3 accounts, all renewed legitimately. Don't see a problem in getting the 3 b2g1 they advertise with PUR Pro.

Edit: nvm I see what you're trying to say, but hey if it's gonna happen eventually might as well do it now. Don't try to white knight or any of that bullshit either because there are many people using the b2g1 coupons in this way...if you're using it on 1 set to try and stay under the radar then oh well no flipparoonis for you.
There is a big difference between single transactions of 12 games versus 30+ games. Use your head noob and think about the community here and the long term viability of these flips versus a limited short term gain.

Doing this in moderation will be the difference between making $10000 over one year and then nothing any other year or making five grand a year for 10 years. Not to mention raising a red flag on every other person who is helping you find these deals. Are used to do this before I found CAG and believe me it was a ton more work, if you want to go back to those dark days keep this up

Heads up fellow CAGs, the witcher III wild hunt complete edition is DOTD at BB with GCU for 19.99 for the X1. Trades in for 33.75 with bonus.
Thanks for the heads up. Xbone Witcher 3 regular edition is trading for $15 base (pretty sure it was $8 before). Been waiting to switch to the complete edition but FYI saves aren't compatible so you'll need to start over if you do this.

Thanks for the heads up. Xbone Witcher 3 regular edition is trading for $15 base (pretty sure it was $8 before). Been waiting to switch to the complete edition but FYI saves aren't compatible so you'll need to start over if you do this.
Ah forreal saves don't switch to complete edition? Well that sucks and I was planing on trading my standard too.

There is a big difference between single transactions of 12 games versus 30+ games. Use your head noob and think about the community here and the long term viability of these flips versus a limited short term gain.
Never said I was going to go and buy 30 games lol with 3 coupons I'm just going to buy enough each time not to raise too much suspicion. Every time I've gone in store using this coupon on 15 games or so no one bats an eye. But I do see what you're saying and how buying 30 games each time can send red flags to GS though so I'll keep that in mind.

When I said I was going to try to do the same I meant in trying to get those amounts in profit. Definitely not gonna go overboard and get 11 games free holy shit I just reread what he posted.

If someone gets a chance to test it out, let us know if preordering Rime for Switch still gets the bonus. The weekly ad says yes but the trade-in deals page doesn't mention it

BB at least uses correct grammar and spelling and doesn't do it over multiple posts in a row. As esoteric as this may sound, legibility helps quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back