GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to buy an Amazon gift card yesterday with trade credit and was declined by a manager. They may be cracking back down on this but it still works in the system as far as I know.

I tried to buy an Amazon gift card yesterday with trade credit and was declined by a manager. They may be cracking back down on this but it still works in the system as far as I know.
Are you sitting there holding your trade card in your hand the whole time? You just give them the card and tell them put X dollars on it, then open your wallet and swipe before they can say anything.

i havent read the FAQ, but as far as amazon gift cards, #1 dont let them know how you are paying, #2 dont try to buy them in the same transaction as a trade in. I try to mix them in with psn credit, in my experience, if there are alot of cards they just flip them over to the bar code and scan them all.

yesterday all 4 stores scanned the $5 coupon without me asking, but then they added "free protection" and "free pre order" for me.....meh whatever 

How much were you trying to buy? If you were trying for a large amount (like $200+), I could see it raising a red flag to the manager. I know it's always YMMV, but just a thought. I've been able to buy $50, $50 and $100 at 3 different stores without any of the associates blinking an eye.

On a totally separate note, I had bought 2 copies of Black Ops 2 PS3 a few weeks back with the 4/$20 and thought I'd pick up a copy of Black Ops 1 and try to trade it in as the "combo pack". The ASL taking my trade wouldn't go for it - saying all multi disc collections/combo packs/compilations need to have the cover art to be taken in as such. So instead of a $16 profit, I took < $1 loss. 'Twas worth trying! I'm curious how many people have actually been successful trying a "combo pack" trade.

On a totally separate note, I had bought 2 copies of Black Ops 2 PS3 a few weeks back with the 4/$20 and thought I'd pick up a copy of Black Ops 1 and try to trade it in as the "combo pack". The ASL taking my trade wouldn't go for it - saying all multi disc collections/combo packs/compilations need to have the cover art to be taken in as such. So instead of a $16 profit, I took < $1 loss. 'Twas worth trying! I'm curious how many people have actually been successful trying a "combo pack" trade.
Was successful for both attempts I made.

200.gif

I try to avoid conflict no matter what, but I would lose my shit if that happened. I'm not sure if this would help, but I would leave my cell phone number and say "feel free to contact me" on the survey in case the district manager wants to speak with you. Maybe they'd compensate you somehow. I would also put the time and date from the receipt on there in case they can review the surveillance footage and watch him make the switch.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and they already have all of that info from that receipt ID number you type.
Didn't think of cameras. Good point. Hopefully shows what happened. Always the chance I am wrong and it was a mistake.

I assume the survey info ties back to that info. I'll mention it too.

Anyone done a trade today and confirmed values held?
yep, just got back about 15 mins ago and values held. Did PvZ GW2 PS4/X1, WWE 2k17 360, Soulsilver, Heartgold, Zelda MM, all on west coast time. Couldn't make it yesterday so I'm glad I was able to dump the stuff this morning. Thought I'd have to do a mass return this wee.

Deader works at GameStop and confirmed it hours ago. But yes, I did a trade an hour ago and values still held

PSA: Since the values held, y'all should convert your points from Sunday and Monday into credit. I know people like saving for Cyber Monday, but I always run out of things to spend them on, since they expire after a week or two

I was only buying a $25 gift card while trading in some games and picking up a couple others. The manager stated they are treated like Visa gift cards and cannot be bought with credit. I didn't push it at all and had luck with my previous ones, just the first time I got any pushback.

Just gave them a call to check that nba 2k17 is still at 25 and it was. Should hold true for all the other bumps.

Also, NBA for both 360 and PS3 is on sale at bestbuy today for 16 after GCU. New hidden gems added to the list so you don't have to pre order multiple copies of RIME.

was a no go at one store, two others took it without issue

Deader works at GameStop and confirmed it hours ago. But yes, I did a trade an hour ago and values still held

PSA: Since the values held, y'all should convert your points from Sunday and Monday into credit. I know people like saving for Cyber Monday, but I always run out of things to spend them on, since they expire after a week or two
Real talk! I remember deals were hard to come by.

Uncharted Collection and GoW3 remastered are some nice ones to cash out points. $18.99 used and trade in for $18.75

How much were you trying to buy? If you were trying for a large amount (like $200+), I could see it raising a red flag to the manager. I know it's always YMMV, but just a thought. I've been able to buy $50, $50 and $100 at 3 different stores without any of the associates blinking an eye.

I did 4 separate trade-ins of the collection. I had zero problems at the first three stores - in fact, at one store, the guy was like "Let's see which trade in gets the most money... oh! the bundle is way better, let's do that"

At the 4th store (of course), the girl was in a super rotten mood and totally shot me down and tried to run them separately. When I showed her the value on the app on the phone she gave me the story about the cover art. I think she knew what I was doing so I didn't press it and added a 5th store to my trip which did the trade no problem. YMMV, but in general if you tell them you bought it as a collection, lost the art/case for it, and show them the app if they seem confused, it should go pretty well. $26 is a lot better than $10... (EDIT: Mathed wrong, $10 not $7)

Was successful for both attempts I made.
was a no go at one store, two others took it without issue
I did 4 separate trade-ins of the collection. I had zero problems at the first three stores - in fact, at one store, the guy was like "Let's see which trade in gets the most money... oh! the bundle is way better, let's do that"

At the 4th store (of course), the girl was in a super rotten mood and totally shot me down and tried to run them separately. When I showed her the value the on the app on the phone she gave me the story about the cover art. I think she knew what I was doing so I didn't press it and added a 5th store to my trip which did the trade no problem. YMMV, but in general if you tell them you bought it as a collection, lost the art/case for it, and show them the app if they seem confused, it should go pretty well. $26 is a lot better than $7...
Dang, you guys sure lucked out there. #jealous :razz:

Will todays values really change mid day? I wont be able to get to GS til after 5:00 PST...
Last time a trade bump lasted till Tuesday the values dropped around 10am PST. I would say there's a good chance the values last through today because of the holiday yesterday

I usually have enough points to buy back at least one used high dollar game at a zero cost. Helps churn points and keeps the games you want without losing value by trading.

Can someone who used a B2G1 renewal coupon on multiple sets of 3 this weekend confirm it still works? The system will automatically sort the list of the games by highest price and make every 3rd game free?

Oh, man, there's no worse feeling than an extra day of trading after you already wore yourself out and committed to unwinding. It's like unbuckling your belt and watching football Thanksgiving night and getting called back into the kitchen for the second course!

I wanted to play battlegrounds today not drive around to five Best Buy's looking for PS3 games that sell for double what you buy them for!!!

I through my plastic bag full of receipts (to remember how many copies of a game I traded) and all the shrinkwraps jumbled together like Homer Simpson's backyard art into the storage closet in my garage.

:D :D

pacinogodfatherthree.gif

So is it recommended not to use the b2g1 coupon on more than 15 games?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I did more than that twice yesterday with no problems. If anything the employees were ecstatic about it. YMMV of course, there are some in this thread who will tell you otherwise but it's up to you.

Is that instore only?
Wait. It ended yesterday. The signs were still up. Sorry about that.

Okay, I'm home now so I can clear up the confusion. Apparently, TRU had a B1g1 40% off on all PS4 & Xbox One games from 5/21 - 5/29. They still had the signs up and the associate told me he would honor the deal. I elected to pass because I've spent over $200 buying games to trade in.

With all of the chatter surrounding the B2G1 at the moment, I have to ask the more pressing question - Regardless of the subtlety of it, are you guys really finding stores with 30+ games worth boomeranging?  Do you just work your way down the boomerang sheet?  I'm going to renew sometime this month, have around $500 in credit now (thanks BB and gang), and I'm just curious if you guys pop into your favorite stores and search for 30 games, or search it all out on the website and placing 30 holds or something lol.

EDIT: I should probably mention that "30 games" is an example and I have plans to buy maybe half of that, 30 is way too much for me.

I use the spreadsheet and then I manually search each game to see which of my local stores have it in stock. Then I'll visit the store location that has the most games available.

With all of the chatter surrounding the B2G1 at the moment, I have to ask the more pressing question - Regardless of the subtlety of it, are you guys really finding stores with 30+ games worth boomeranging? Do you just work your way down the boomerang sheet? I'm going to renew sometime this month, have around $500 in credit now (thanks BB and gang), and I'm just curious if you guys pop into your favorite stores and search for 30 games, or search it all out on the website and placing 30 holds or something lol.

EDIT: I should probably mention that "30 games" is an example and I have plans to buy maybe half of that, 30 is way too much for me.
I pretty much did what westcoaststyle did - though the pricing "tiers" for the games in stock at the one store didn't quite match up effectively so I picked up 3 other games from another store and returned and re-bought them along with the rest. I "only" did a total of 15 games with my coupon though.

With all of the chatter surrounding the B2G1 at the moment, I have to ask the more pressing question - Regardless of the subtlety of it, are you guys really finding stores with 30+ games worth boomeranging? Do you just work your way down the boomerang sheet? I'm going to renew sometime this month, have around $500 in credit now (thanks BB and gang), and I'm just curious if you guys pop into your favorite stores and search for 30 games, or search it all out on the website and placing 30 holds or something lol.

I bought 21 games this past weekend. Just went down the spreadsheet, checked availability, and made a shopping list. Went into the store and just told the cashier I had a ton of stuff to buy, I have a list. He was thrilled to sell $550 worth of games, and said he would've thought it was a prank if I put them all on hold.

Took a Dualshock 4 in that wouldn't hold it's charged and was upfront about the issue. After the bonus and the refurb fee I got $29.**. I considered trying to repair it, mod it or even trade it in towards another controller, but I realized that I have four other working PS4 controllers so I just put $5 towards Rime and the rest of it towards Tokyo Tattoo Girls. Also, I picked up a Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain V for PS3 from Target on clearance for $5.98 and traded it in for $12. Almost have Tokyo Tattoo Girls paid off.

I focused on finding HeartGold and SoulSilver in one store and just went to that one. Most stores should have 90% if not all of the flippable 3DS games, which got me up to 15 games.

I use the spreadsheet and then I manually search each game to see which of my local stores have it in stock. Then I'll visit the store location that has the most games available.
I pretty much did what westcoaststyle did - though the pricing "tiers" for the games in stock at the one store didn't quite match up effectively so I picked up 3 other games from another store and returned and re-bought them along with the rest. I "only" did a total of 15 games with my coupon though.
I bought 21 games this past weekend. Just went down the spreadsheet, checked availability, and made a shopping list. Went into the store and just told the cashier I had a ton of stuff to buy, I have a list. He was thrilled to sell $550 worth of games, and said he would've thought it was a prank if I put them all on hold.
I appreciate the quick feedback! I am still debating what timing is best for the coupon... I think I will wait until later in the month but if it combines with Pro Day (assuming Pro Day doesn't already give you B2G1) I might do that. Thanks and hope everyone is able to wrap up their trades today.

Wait. It ended yesterday. The signs were still up. Sorry about that.

Okay, I'm home now so I can clear up the confusion. Apparently, TRU had a B1g1 40% off on all PS4 & Xbox One games from 5/21 - 5/29. They still had the signs up and the associate told me he would honor the deal. I elected to pass because I've spent over $200 buying games to trade in.
Wait, $200 REAL dollars?!?

and hopefully when everyone is going down Blackbeard's sheets searching for available stock they are using the links he built in to the sheets to quickly link to each item's availability? i have found it very useful

Has anyone else had problems reserving in store and getting an error using chrome?

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED
Your order could not be completed.
Please try again later.

*EDIT* Turning off uBlock adblocker fixed it.

I usually just start a word document and make 4 lists for the 4 stores that are around me. Then I go down blackbeards spreadsheet and write down which game is at which store. Then which ever store has the most by the time I get through the spreadsheet is the one I go to. Also be sure to take a picture or send the document to your self so you can have it to reference while in store.

Next time only spend enough to get some initial credit going then boomerang from there.

once you have credit, you can start boomeranging, but it's best with the b2g1 coupons. without them is small gains. but once you have like 5 years renewed, you only get to use the coupons 5 times. then what, more accounts?

and if you want to buy the games from best buy or other stores, you might not have credit so gotta use real dollars,right? :(

Next time only spend enough to get some initial credit going then boomerang from there.
That sounds ideal, but without using a bunch of B2G1 coupons there's no way you guys are doing 1K off boomerangs alone. Most of the boomerangs are worth only a few bucks each. Actually even if you did find a mythical store that had 30 copies of Pokemon to boomerang, that's still under 1K.

Alan Wake is down from 3,800 to 2,500 now. It is still listed on Steam and XBL but now you cannot purchase it anymore, only the DLC. (Main game was purchasable on XBL way after the deadline)

True b2g1 is where it's at and there are a finite amount of uses but sometimes GameStop has their own deals like b2g1 on 360/PS3 last month. It's really all about luck and timing without the coupons. It's also good to keep some credit whenever boomerangs do come up though so you never have to use cash again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back