GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Admitting what? And I never said I was mad, I just thought it was funny he made that snarky comment, since it had been nearly 4 months since I last traded in anything. He wasn't even the one processing the sale, and just glanced over when he made that comment. I see nothing wrong with the comment I made. You, a guy who has admitted his "assistant" got trade banned and employees recognize for doing so many trades, have no no right to be calling me out.
Employees recognize AND respect me. They don't get snarky or call me out on bullshit. They don't because I don't give them a reason to. I don't say "im going to buy them back with a b2g1" coupon. Youre just asking for trouble.

once you have credit, you can start boomeranging, but it's best with the b2g1 coupons. without them is small gains. but once you have like 5 years renewed, you only get to use the coupons 5 times. then what, more accounts?
and if you want to buy the games from best buy or other stores, you might not have credit so gotta use real dollars,right? :(
Or as I am about to do, take a loss on a crappy TiV at Best Buy. Buy Mario Kart 8 for $60 credit at GS (for instance, from trades towards "Playlist titles" which it is one) and get a measly $38 .50 from BB for it. But then use that $38.50 at BB to buy Plants vs Zombies and NBA or Ezio Trilogy. Then either trade them in for $75-80 bucks back at GS, or for $44 cash at GS, which you can then take to Target, Pawn Shop, yard sales, etc. to hunt for games that'll trade in for far more than the $60 you spend on Mario Kart in the first place.

I am personally going to hold off on buying any GS stuff until pro day and if I do it will be for flipping at the end of the month so I do not have to worry about going over the $2k limit on accident. Just need to beat some of the games I decided to hold on to for next month.

Or as I am about to do, take a loss on a crappy TiV at Best Buy. Buy Mario Kart 8 for $60 credit at GS (for instance, from trades towards "Playlist titles" which it is one) and get a measly $38 .50 from BB for it. But then use that $38.50 at BB to buy Plants vs Zombies and NBA or Ezio Trilogy. Then either trade them in for $75-80 bucks back at GS, or for $44 cash at GS, which you can then take to Target, Pawn Shop, yard sales, etc. to hunt for games that'll trade in for far more than the $60 you spend on Mario Kart in the first place.
Do they not have any used copies in your area because you can use that extra 10% off coupon from the receipt and not make it much of a loss from GS to BB?

Ah nuts, I just realized the gamestop guy took my Majora's Mask trade in as a gamecube copy (marked as vintage as type) and not a 3DS copy. Facepalm

Returns and certificates question. Also it should be noted if you return a PUR renewal your account gets canceled resulting in lost preorders and points. I bought something recently and was wondering if I could contact customer service and return a item and get my points back.

Do they not have any used copies in your area because you can use that extra 10% off coupon from the receipt and not make it much of a loss from GS to BB?
Nope, and the store had one just traded in but a "seven day hold."

For the second month in a row, the clerk claimed the network was down a half hour before close, both times right when I walked in the door.

I'll save values on the website overnight, and go around until either his store or another one honors the prices. Think one of the cool, friendly helpful managers at stores in my area (of the eight within 12 miles of my home) will understand and honor them in order to get all my preorders at their stores instead of the continuous power outage one.

Anyways, with the values holding at earlier stores, I turned two Playlist Games ($60) bought and played around with yesterday, (2k17 PS4, Rocket League), three 4/20 games ($18) (the Blops assembled duo pack, GTA4) and a copy of Mario Kart Deluxe ($60), into a $15.75 cash profit, and $165 GS trade credit. Net gain $28 store credit, about $16 cash, and oh what 10,000+ points. Not bad for like two hours (that would've been one hour if not for BBuy employees being so... BBuy Emoloyee-ish.)

So deader can you comment on this? I reviewed my receipt (yeah I know pay more attention) and it looks like that fuck head manager that put Tekken 7 down as a pre order cost me 20% in trade ins because the promo looks like it stacked The 30% over the 50% for MXGP3. For example the credit I got for HeartGold shows: 52.50 in credit which is 38.50 base 14 bucks on promo 19745 and 3.50 PUR pro. 50% would be 19.25 not 17.50. Or is my math stupid?

1q0and.jpg

yesterday I returned 2 games that I had purchased for the 40% bonus (at different locations)

I proceeded to get amazon giftcards and both locations asked what was I going to buy with these cards.

I just simply said "books"

It was a fun trading weekend with some profit. :D/

I went back today and used a buy 2 get 1 free coupon to buy back mario kart and zelda (x2) on the switch that i traded in for $52.50 each over the weekend. made over 50 bucks just letting gamestop borrow them for a couple days.

Anyone else find it funny when a store wants to charge a refurb fee on a disc that another store had NO problem selling to you 10 minutes ago?

And since when did GS start charging outrageous prices on disc refurb? I figure they base it on the price of the game (like game protection), but holy shit, $7 refurb on a game they turn around and charge $50 for? GS done lost its mind!

Anyone else find it funny when a store wants to charge a refurb fee on a disc that another store had NO problem selling to you 10 minutes ago?

And since when did GS start charging outrageous prices on disc refurb? I figure they base it on the price of the game (like game protection), but holy shit, $7 refurb on a game they turn around and charge $50 for? GS done lost its mind!
Damn. $7?!? That's ridiculous. I haven't as anyone try that crap in awhile (knock on wood).

I was pretty happy about the values holding because I forgot to trade in a few games yesterday, but I'm a little worried about them not sticking to their regular routine. Hopefully we still get another bump next month.

Found Wii sports club and Mario tennis wiiu for $10 each at a family video. that's $80 with the 50% bonus, very nice.

Just got an Oops error saving estimates on the website (had been doing successfully the past hour) just before 4AM, looks like the systems about to drop the hammer. RIP. What a weekend. Soldiers, man. Sorry, American P.O.W.s like John McCain, the only real LOSERS this weekend were the folks who got trade banned!  :shame:

Its not % based off the game. When I got hit with refurb fee last year they said its based on the tiv range not actual tiv...like in your case, $7 was prolly the fee for games that trade in for $20-30 or whatever range...I think it should be % based not range based coz its not fair for discs on the low end.

U could've gone bk to original store and ask if they had any copies u cpuld swap with coz ur copy was all scratched up...my store was oos so I went to another one I wasn't teading at with receipt and just told them I brought the last copy at my original store and asked if they had a less scratched one I could swap with

Just got an Oops error saving estimates on the website (had been doing successfully the past hour) just before 4AM, looks like the systems about to drop the hammer. RIP. What a weekend. Soldiers, man. Sorry, American P.O.W.s like John McCain, the only real LOSERS this weekend were the folks who got trade banned! :shame:
U can also get that error if u have over 99 values saved... A warning should be put in FAQ about how your acct data will screw up on website and app and u will have to create a brand new acct coz GS can't fix that tiny script programming display error. Saving values errors out and u can't remove items coz ur empty trade page says u have no values saved.

That sounds ideal, but without using a bunch of B2G1 coupons there's no way you guys are doing 1K off boomerangs alone. Most of the boomerangs are worth only a few bucks each. Actually even if you did find a mythical store that had 30 copies of Pokemon to boomerang, that's still under 1K.
I made 1300 off 800 ish

Wow, Wii sports club went down to $20 from $35. Guess I'm holding onto it for a while.

So for the regulars, I'm guessing this thread is mainly worth checking out at the end of each month, as far as flips and boomerangs go? First time experiencing the stealth bump, been out of the game for a while.

So for the regulars, I'm guessing this thread is mainly worth checking out at the end of each month, as far as flips and boomerangs go? First time experiencing the stealth bump, been out of the game for a while.
The stealth bumps are nice but sometimes there are good deals due to a Best Buy Deal of the Day or something. I read the thread at least once a day.

It depends what goes on sale where. Sometimes best buy or gamefly or whoever does a big sale that causes good flips

So, I don't see a bonus trade in for Destiny 2 but when I was in there yesterday I asked about it and after like 10 minutes of looking the person said there was a 20% bonus and did a "promo not found" credit. I'm pretty sure they're wrong because I see nothing on the site... but I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I don't see a bonus trade in for Destiny 2 but when I was in there yesterday I asked about it and after like 10 minutes of looking the person said there was a 20% bonus and did a "promo not found" credit. I'm pretty sure they're wrong because I see nothing on the site... but I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could have put $5 down on the Switch version of Rime instead and gotten 30% more.

If you knew there wasn't a 20% promo for trading towards Destiny 2 then why did you ask?
Because I didn't know if the promo was alive or dead. She rung it up and I just asked if that trade in bonus was still going and she ended up applying it manually.

Then I came home and checked their site and saw no mention of it. Not that it matters because I would of asked anyways because it doesn't hurt anything and I plan on grabbing the game.

Anyone know the best place to sell classic games? Found my old disc case from high school. Have a bunch of dream cast games, pS2, OG copy of vagrant story, etc.
It varies depending on the game. You really have to research it individually to get a full grasp of where is the "best place" to sell a particular game. Generally, unless they're RPGs, PS2 games don't have too much value (like mainstream games). I do a combination of Amazon sales, eBay sales, Facebook retro game collector page sales, Amazon trade-in, Gamestop trade-in. If you don't want to do any legwork and just dump them (and get less $$ in exchange for the convenience factor), a reputable local retro game store would be the best route.

Disc only games can be tough to sell to collectors. Disc only games that a Joe six-pack would want, like Smash Melee or MK: Double Dash, sell easily on Amazon and eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back