GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how upset my local Gamestop will be when I go in and cancel my Destiny 2 Pre-Order on the 7th and convert my trade in credit to Amazon Cash just to Pre-Order it on Amazon for less money. Definitely a lot of questions to be asked in regards to this.

EDIT: I mean technically I could already do this and just buy a $50 Amazon Gift Card but I would rather test it out with the new method.
Not sure if that would be beneficial. They're for sure gonna have some sort of trade promo toward it

Not sure if that would be beneficial. They're for sure gonna have some sort of trade promo toward it
I already have it Pre-paid in full because my local store likes to force you to do that. So if they run that promo later on. I will just pre-order it again on a different system.

I was looking for some Amazon gift cards today. One store completely tossed their card rack (I didn't ask but it wasn't there anymore) another store didn't have Amazon gift cards but had the usual. Finally the third store i went to had them. It's strange though, cause BB spread sheet showed it was in every store in my area.

I was looking for some Amazon gift cards today. One store completely tossed their card rack (I didn't ask but it wasn't there anymore) another store didn't have Amazon gift cards but had the usual. Finally the third store i went to had them. It's strange though, cause BB spread sheet showed it was in every store in my area.
Managers probably hiding them and telling the employees to not give them out. Hilarious

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=cheapassgam08-20&node=14583169011

Lol. Can't wait to go into GS and tell them to load up my Amazon cash, only for them to tell me no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKWd2mJ5o8
I remember my buddy researching this shit years ago. There was some kind of bull international license they were pushing and all you had to say to the cops 'I'm a citizen.' when pulled over. I was like do it dude, but don't call me from county when you need bailed out. :)

Managers probably hiding them and telling the employees to not give them out. Hilarious

https://www.amazon.com/b?tag=cheapassgam08-20&node=14583169011

Lol. Can't wait to go into GS and tell them to load up my Amazon cash, only for them to tell me no
yup, waiting for this to happen too lol. even though that notice says to explicitly review the documents and share with team.

gonna be the employees who hate amazon and think they're saving gamestop i.e half the regulars on gamestop reddit sub

i do hope gamestop sends out an email advertising this new feature though, so we can show it to the employees. since we're not suppose to know what is on GSO, can't really reference that

This is perfect for the $80+ in credit that I had at GameStop. After trading the games in at game-stop, I immediately filled with regret because I hardly ever shop at GameStop and already have GCU @ BB so there was no chance I was spending that credit on games.  

So to get this straight, on the 7th, I will be able to covert that $80+ in gamestop credit to Amazon credit? Also, would the credit be sent to my amazon account through their system or it just be me buying an Amazon gift card at the store?

This is perfect for the $80+ in credit that I had at GameStop. After trading the games in at game-stop, I immediately filled with regret because I hardly ever shop at GameStop and already have GCU @ BB so there was no chance I was spending that credit on games.

So to get this straight, on the 7th, I will be able to covert that $80+ in gamestop credit to Amazon credit? Also, would the credit be sent to my amazon account through their system or it just be me buying an Amazon gift card at the store?
all the info you need here: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14583169011

scan your unique barcode, pay, and goes straight into your amazon account.

We need to get a kickstarter going to hire a hooker to get this guy laid. We can even fund it using our ill gotten gamestop flipping gains.
Can hookers be paid with trade credit? Where would you swipe your trade card? And would you say you were paying with real cash and then do an old switcheroo at the last minute?

Can hookers be paid with trade credit? Where would you swipe your trade card? And would you say you were paying with real cash and then do an old switcheroo at the last minute?
By switcheroo do you mean by pulling a "Houdini"?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

yup, waiting for this to happen too lol. even though that notice says to explicitly review the documents and share with team.

gonna be the employees who hate amazon and think they're saving gamestop i.e half the regulars on gamestop reddit sub
Funny, the employee who went off on the "amazon can't afford GameStop" also earlier stated " I hate Amazon" so maybe that's a common sentiment among gs management.

I would wonder if "Amazon cash" ends up being a way to put a target on you for junior investigation.

It's actually pretty outrageous that they give the local stores authority to investigate and accuse customers of being "bad customers".

So I was in an area that doesn't know who I am or that my employment with the company predates some of their lives and they were adamant the program would never happen because they had pulled the kindle cards because amazon is a competitor so no more business with amazon and then I pointed out steam and they couldn't explain it.

Ok so heres what happened in the cheapest video.

He was at walmart trying to either return or exchange the bike wheel his fat ass blew out after an afternoon of bike riding. He basically has decided to get healthy after being sick and tired of having to wash himself with a cloth on a stick.

Now whenever you return or exchange an item at walmart, they cross out the item you are returning/exchanging. Thats what they are instructed to do. His dumbass either isn't aware of that, or he didn't want them to do it so he could try and return the wheel again once history repeated itself. It doesn't really matter since the computer knows the item has been returned. Crossing it out is just what they are supposed to do for some reason.

So he decided that once again, cheapest is being shit on by someone. Poor cheapest, he's just trying his best to get by. Why does the whole world hate him? This time, he'll record the incident and get everyone on his side. That will work.

Ok so heres what happened in the cheapest video.

He was at walmart trying to either return or exchange the bike wheel his fat ass blew out after an afternoon of bike riding. He basically has decided to get healthy after being sick and tired of having to wash himself with a cloth on a stick.

Now whenever you return or exchange an item at walmart, they cross out the item you are returning/exchanging. Thats what they are instructed to do. His dumbass either isn't aware of that, or he didn't want them to do it so he could try and return the wheel again once history repeated itself. It doesn't really matter since the computer knows the item has been returned. Crossing it out is just what they are supposed to do for some reason.

So he decided that once again, cheapest is being shit on by someone. Poor cheapest, he's just trying his best to get by. Why does the whole world hate him? This time, he'll record the incident and get everyone on his side. That will work.
Thank you for summarizing because I had no intention of watching any of his videos.

Could you imagine if Amazon sold Best Buy giftcards?

In effect it would make Gamestop credit convertible to Best Buy credit where we all actually shop.

Yooka Laylee is $15.99 at Best Buy with GCU in case anybody wants to grab one for a possible stealth bump.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Through a roundabout with trading in you could, in theory. But, then again, Best Buy has even worse trade rates than Gamestop
Well what would happen is people would use GS credit, buy BB GCs, buy games at BB with GCU, then flip that back at GS if trade values were higher than what was bought for at BB, which it sometimes is depending on trade bonuses.

Just for shits and giggles, here's what I believe it would look like in C language (lol at least what I remember of it)

int GSC, GST, GCU = 0.20, BBGC, BBP, BBP2

GSC = BBGC //Convert Gamestop Credit to BestBuy Gift Card

BBP * GCU = BBP2; //To find final price of BestBuy game, Mutliply base price by GCU discount

if (BBP2 < GST) //If statements, if price of BB games after GCU applied is less than Gamestop Trade In credit, otherwise no trade.

printf("Flip that shit");

else printf("You failed basic math, go back to CAG Academy");

return 0;

Well what would happen is people would use GS credit, buy BB GCs, buy games at BB with GCU, then flip that back at GS if trade values were higher than what was bought for at BB, which it sometimes is depending on trade bonuses.

Just for shits and giggles, here's what I believe it would look like in C language (lol at least what I remember of it)

*nerd code here*
We used to have the great GS -> eBay -> BB -> GS cycle when you could still buy eBay GCs with trade credit. You would make money at almost each step of the way.

I miss getting so many eBay Bucks :(

Stupid question, but does the birthday coupon count as 20% off added to the regular pro member 10% off (giving 30% off total) ?

Maybe a dumb question. But other than calling around to different stores, is there any way to see how many of a specific game each store has?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

*blah blah blah tidal wave*
You forgot to include cost of distance and cost of gas to do the trades!

Are we really about to reach a golden age with flips or did that pass with eBay GCs? I wish I had taken more advantage of that exploit but I was too lazy and didn't want to keep coming in with digital GCs but now I regret it lol.

Are we really about to reach a golden age with flips or did that pass with eBay GCs? I wish I had taken more advantage of that exploit but I was too lazy and didn't want to keep coming in with digital GCs but now I regret it lol.
PayPal Digital Gifts seemed super shady and unreliable. You'd have to make flipping a full time job and spend every digital GC the moment you received it or risk losing it. Not the type of thing to wait 30 days for the next stealth bump on.

I wasn't browsing threads like this back when it happened but what's the story behind GameStop stopping carrying iPads iPods iPhones and other used electronics in stores? You can still trade them in, and buy them online, but it was super convenient to see what you would be buying (just how scratched it was etc.) in store. And prices were usually way way better than what's offered on the website now. I red not buying an iPod classic 160 final gen for $65~ S&D when it was possible.

I guess Amazon pulled out of selling Fires there at the same time as gift cards, then again the Fire Phone was a massive failure and the whole tablet market besides iPads collapsed, so probably didn't want the few people still buying them doing so "used". Even now, the combined iPad, iPad Air, IPad Mini, IPad Pro 10", and iPad Pro 13" sales just barely top iPad alone from a few years ago.

Anyone else see Amazon moving in on GS as a bad thing? Meaning we might end up with really crap trade in values and no bonus flips now that Amazon has some say and the back door out of gamestop credit is now a front door.

Best Buy is running sony ps4 1st party at $12 for GCU again. (Bloodborne, Uncharted Collection, Last of Us)

These always bump to $18 or so during the stealth bumps, its not huge but free points both ways.

Last edited:
I remember ending up with $100 in ebay bucks during one of the quarters. RIP lol

btw if anyone is interested. Paypal Digital Gifts has eshop cards 10% off when you buy $100+ in gift cards. There's other choices but they're not game related

I remember ending up with $100 in ebay bucks during one of the quarters. RIP lol

btw if anyone is interested. Paypal Digital Gifts has eshop cards 10% off when you buy $100+ in gift cards. There's other choices but they're not game related
I so miss that ebay loophole. I literally had two accounts and would max out every quarter on both (got a lot of odd looks from Bestbuy clerks who didn't know me a long the way;-). Knew it was too good to last forever (especially when everyone started posting about it, why I think GS flipping will soon be screwed too), but all those free gift cards rocked.

Lol I don't think the AMZ cash thing will affect values, what's the reasoning behind the monthly stealth bump anyway? Any GS employees know? I don't think they'll be affected since they've been doing these monthly bumps for a while now even through all the changes.

9KB2HYZ.gif

Lol I don't think the AMZ cash thing will affect values, what's the reasoning behind the monthly stealth bump anyway? Any GS employees know? I don't think they'll be affected since they've been doing these monthly bumps for a while now even through all the changes.
It's to boost trade numbers.

Well it finally happened. I was persuaded in buying the 1 year GPG on a used game. I think the girl was new, because she essentially bribed me. She literally told me if I bought the GPG she would put 10 $5 business cards in my bag. I forgot when those expire (soon I believe), but I commended her for her deviousness and agreed anyways

Well it finally happened. I was persuaded in buying the 1 year GPG on a used game. I think the girl was new, because she essentially bribed me. She literally told me if I bought the GPG she would put 10 $5 business cards in my bag. I forgot when those expire (soon I believe), but I commended her for her deviousness and agreed anyways
They share the same expiration as a bunch of other promos - 6/18. Probably 6/30.

Unless they get extended again. :)

And you are a weak, weak man. :)

What exactly were you given for the GPG? Are you required to keep/show your receipt in order to claim the warranty or will the GPG sticker suffice?

I've noticed some of the preowned games I've purchased in the past had that sticker stuck inside the case and I'm guessing these games were traded in like that. It'd be great being able to claim the warranty for any potential damage on these games. Anyone know by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back