GameStop Trade two games get $40 towards FEAR 2 preorder

pun123

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Has anybody done this yet, I wonder how it works.

$40 Trade-In Credit Toward F.E.A.R. 2!

In-Store Offer Only
Now through January 31, you can get $40 Trade-in Credit when you trade two select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games toward the reservation of F.E.A.R. 2! More than 160 games are eligible; so check with your local GameStop to see if your games qualify. For details on other great trade offers, visit our Trade-In Offers page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply.

2ywbbc5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Essentially, if you trade in two current gen games (which are on their eligible list... which I can't pull up at the moment but will probably have to have a minimum TIV of over $10 each) towards the preorder of FEAR2, you'll be putting $40 down towards that preorder.

EBgames.com seems to be finally updating their Trade In page, as it currently has nothing on it. Which is better than it was with all the expired deals.

At first glance this may seem like a decent offer. Until you consider you will at least get 20 each for these games on ebay.

I was planning to go to GameStop to trade in some 360 games for the 3/$10 deal in a moment, so I'd like to know what games are eligible before I go :/

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']At first glance this may seem like a decent offer. Until you consider you will at least get 20 each for these games on ebay.[/quote]Have you been able to pull up the list?

And for some of us, it's easier to just trade junk in. Sometimes it's foolish, when you can make a good profit on ebay, but i'm finding more often than not, trading in when you get a good bonus is a lot simpler.

Alright, went into GS and got the flyer but this deal sucks. I got a better one with the Trade 3 for $10 and RE5 power trade %20

Fable 2-29.74
Fear Files-24.28
GTA4-13.24
-5.00 for RE5
-5.84 for RE4 (Mint-old box) with 25% coupon
56.42 went back on card
Total-67.26

Also, didn't have anything with RE5 so she gave me the Killzone2 demo code.

This is true CAG style!

[quote name='pun123']Alright, went into GS and got the flyer but this deal sucks. I got a better one with the Trade 3 for $10 and RE5 power trade %20

Fable 2-29.74
Fear Files-24.28
GTA4-13.24
-5.00 for RE5
-5.84 for RE4 (Mint-old box) with 25% coupon
56.42 went back on card
Total-67.26

Also, didn't have anything with RE5 so she gave me the Killzone2 demo code.

This is true CAG style![/QUOTE]

YMMV on stacking trade promos, and there's no way in hell you got that much for FEAR Files. Base value is only $7.

We still wanna know what's on the flyer tho. :D

If you get Blitz: The League II for $15 from Best Buy, you can essentially save $10, but i have a feeling this will drop to $40 fairly quickly (most games seem to lately) so i wouldn't bother.

Oblivion GOTY is $26.99 used/$29.99 new and somehow on this list, I bought it just because and having second thoughts about owning it. Not a bad list tho. Some decent surprises on this list.

I guarantee most of these got $25-20 the week before and actually are reductions in TIV.

These promos are almost always a ripoff.

UNLESS.. some of those titles on that list happen to go on clearance somewhere or otherwise become available for $10 or less. Then it's like getting $20+ off a new game.

.skate PS3 or Xbox 360 can be had at Blockbuster for $14.99 so that is a cheap one on the list that comes to mind.

I always laugh when deals like this come around because I end up having one game on the list in hand but traded the second game I could have used just before finding out about the deal.

FEAR 2
HA HA HA !!!

maybe if it was for a "good" game like

Killzone2, Skate 2, or Street Fighther

[quote name='SoulReaver']FEAR 2 is the non-Monolith one right? If so, then boo.[/quote]

FEAR 2 IS from Monolith as well.. They reacquired the franchise name some time back, so the full title is now FEAR 2: Project Origin.

Surprised to see Ace Combat 6 on that list. If you picked it up from GC for $10, you could pair it with something else on that list pretty easily.

I've got Legendary and SW:TFU both coming from Goozex this week. If I can hammer through them before the 31st I might trade 'em in for this deal.

[quote name='SimaYi']This is a fucking ripoff, move along people.[/quote]

I hear that, this is not a "deal" or anything close to it.
it just flat out sucks but hey some ppl will bite I guess...

[quote name='cdeener'].skate PS3 or Xbox 360 can be had at Blockbuster for $14.99 so that is a cheap one on the list that comes to mind.

I always laugh when deals like this come around because I end up having one game on the list in hand but traded the second game I could have used just before finding out about the deal.[/quote]

That ALMOST happened to me the last time one of these deals came up, but I had JUST traded for a copy of Godfather for PS3 and some other game which was on the one prior list and I paid $20 out of pocket for the game.

The games I used for the deal cost me only about $10(considering that I got both on clearance). I then turned around and got Fallout 3 with the deal, which I then sold at my cost to my one buddy(since he wanted to play it), who STILL hasn't finished it.

I avoid these deals anymore though, since the list of excluded titles is massive and the ones on the list are always new-ish ones.

I was looking for some good fear 2 deals, this is a fucking ripoff though. I either don't own or would not trade in those games on the list.

skate is $14.99 at Blockbuster (they are doing buy 1 get 1 for another week I believe) and that is about the only exploitable game I see on the list (not real sure about some of the Wii games).

I think this is a ripoff, at least the 360 games they expect you to trade in. FEAR 2 will not be a must have release game IMO. I did this deal with Fallout 3 because it was worth it.

Unless you happen to have Legendary or Madagascar or something like that, the other games in that list are worth more.

Speedy has Price is Right for Wii listed as $19.99 and B1G1 free the week of January 11th at Best Buy, so you could potentially get two copies of that game for $20 and then trade them to GS for $40. BUT, I don't think many GS will take two of the same game at one time.

I wonder GS/EB take GTA 4 for this deal or not? mine local BB still have tons copies instock (buy 2 for $15 is good deal ever). :)

skate and pure were recent taret clearance games that ended at 12.50 and 15 I think which make this semi usable for some, but I want to keep Pureand I wish I could find skate at BB to play not trade.

I thought about trading PURE but started playing it and its a pretty good game. I can see why it is still $22 TIV on EB.

[quote name='pun123']no GTA4 at all, all the stores have too many copies, thanks BBV[/quote]

They had too many copies before BBV dropped price or started B1G1 sale.

So is this like the wii promotion (trade 2 get extra 30), which also gets the base trade in +15$, or you get the base TIV increased to 20$. If it's the base tiv +20, I'm in as three of the wii games (skate it, cheer, RRR TV) are games that are part of the wii trade 2 +30 deal.

If I can find two copies of skate I might go for it. Even then the employee will be get suspicious about trading two of the same game copies in, but whatever. As it stands this deal is still a fucking ripoff.

bread's done
Back