Gamestop: Upgrade from select Xbox 360 Games to the same Xbox one games for $10

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If you are a Power up reward member and you buy Assassin's Creed 4, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Fifa 14 or Madden 25 for the Xbox 360 you can trade that version of the game in towards the Xbox One version and only pay $10.The catch is, You'll have to buy a given Xbox 360 title within 30 days of its launch, and you'll have to use the credit before the end of the year. 

The eligible titles (sold separately for $59.99) are:

Activision’s Call of Duty®: Ghosts
Electronic Arts’ Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, and Battlefield 4
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag

To qualify for this offer, a customer must be a PowerUp Rewards member at the time they purchase a new eligible Xbox 360 title(s) within 30 days of its initial release and then trade that game at any U.S. GameStop location for the new Xbox One standard version of that same game. Following the purchase of an eligible current generation title, members will receive the guaranteed $50.00 trade-credit coupon via email and in their PowerUp Rewards Active Offers. Redemption of the coupon must occur by December 31, 2013. Offer is for a limited time only and may end without notice.

Big thanks to GoGoMo

Here is the link http://www.gamestop.com/nextgenoffer

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems like a sucker promo to me across the board
1-This means no day 1 deals on any of these titles from GS(as usual) so you gotta pay full price...other retailers will offer credit/instant GC.
2-AC is ubisoft & based off release date $35 or less in a month or less.
3-Currently most titles go on sale for $40 or less fast I`d assume this will happen more often/faster when the next gen titles are here
4-This deal goes away if the current MSRP for current gen drops to $50
5-between BF, normal fall b2g1 & new console release b2g1 deals you will score better deals on the next gen titles w/o being limited to just those titles.
COD`s price/tiv will hold as usual so maybe for that game but when other deals pop up I can see a lot of people with buyers remorse on this one. Good luck if u take the leap.

This seems like a sucker promo to me across the board
1-This means no day 1 deals on any of these titles from GS(as usual) so you gotta pay full price...other retailers will offer credit/instant GC.
2-AC is ubisoft & based off release date $35 or less in a month or less.
3-Currently most titles go on sale for $40 or less fast I`d assume this will happen more often/faster when the next gen titles are here
4-This deal goes away if the current MSRP for current gen drops to $50
5-between BF, normal fall b2g1 & new console release b2g1 deals you will score better deals on the next gen titles w/o being limited to just those titles.
COD`s price/tiv will hold as usual so maybe for that game but when other deals pop up I can see a lot of people with buyers remorse on this one. Good luck if u take the leap.
You have some good points, but some of your comments seem to be focusing on the price falling soon after release. The person who could most take advantage of this deal is someone who wants the current gen version on release day. You can't even get this deal 30 days after release day for current gen, so waiting for the price to fall doesn't fit that. Also, do you really think there will be good deals on the next gen games before Christmas? It seems like those prices wouldn't start falling (at least by very much) until after Christmas. You could probably come close to recreating this deal on your own through other retailers' incentives and trade-ins, but I doubt you could any better than Gamestop is offering.

All in all, if you definitely want both versions in accordance to how Gamestop is running the program, it is a decent deal. Personally, I don't think buying a game only to trade up to next gen a few weeks later is a good idea, but if someone's going to do it, this is probably a solid deal for them.

I wonder if the Xbox one game would be new or GameStop new, If you bought the Xbox 360 version with gs credit you wouldn't have any sales tax so you would spend $60 oop. Play new game on Xbox 360. Trade in game for $50 off coupon. Get new Xbox one for $10 plus sales tax on $10 ( call it a buck).. Sell new xbox one game. I would think you would be able to see it for more than $21 new plus fees. Might be a way to convert GameStop credit to cash. Of course if they are GameStop new and opened that would reduce the resale value.

This is a huge plus for FIFA players (there are lots of them!). FIFA 14 comes out on ps3/360 in september, but FIFA14 for ps4/x1 comes out in december, iirc.

And EA has announced that ultimate team is transferable between generations (actually it's one account and set of servers, whether you use a current gen or next gen client machine). This means players can get started on ultimate team when FIFA comes out, but they can still sell them next-gen versions when they come out.

There's no way fifa junkies will wait till december just to get next gen. but there is no way that someone who is getting a next gen console will not spend an extra $10 to upgrade to the next gen version, if they can transfer their FUT.
Agreed, especially if you pre-order and get the 24 free packs:

"Pre-order FIFA 14 and receive GameStop Exclusive 24 FIFA Ultimate Team Premium Gold Packs".

My (slight) reservation with this deal is: what happens if the Xbox One version of the 360 game you bought gets delayed until after 12/31/2013 - which is when the coupon must be used by? The deal says you have to buy the same game you originally purchased (no buying the 360 version of Madden, and then using he coupon toward the Xbox One version of FIFA) - most of these games don't have a firm release date yet. Admittedly it could be that they are launch day releases and they don't want to reveal the date until Microsoft does.

Both the Xbone and PS4 will most likely be out in November, so you're paying an extra $10 for the chance to play a lesser version early, and then lose your progress when you move to the next gen version.
GameStop wins because they make an extra $10 on the Xbone version, and get a 360 version to sell for $55 for full profit.
Very smart promo on their part to take advantage of gamers who can't wait a week or two.

This kinda is meh for actual players, but for flippers/renters? Easy money. Just trade the One version back in or Craigslist it. Hopefully coupons are one-time use only and not generic, because there'll be severe backlash if they aren't.

*sigh*

Many people will be getting a One for Christmas. They can play a game when it comes out in October (AC4, BF4)

Then upgrade to the other version at the end of December for 10 bucks.

Of course it benefits Gamestop, they don't do stuff that's not going to benefit them, but it also benefits the people as well. I know this is CAG but 10 bucks isn't that much at all.

Especially achievement hunters who can double dip

I don't get the hate for this deal. It's going to let me play Madden for 2.5-3 months for $10 before getting the next-gen version, which I was going to get anyway. I can see not doing this for Call of Duty or Battlefield since there will only be a few weeks between their release and the new system coming out.  

I don't get the hate for this deal. It's going to let me play Madden for 2.5-3 months for $10 before getting the next-gen version, which I was going to get anyway. I can see not doing this for Call of Duty or Battlefield since there will only be a few weeks between their release and the new system coming out.
I agree

You have some good points, but some of your comments seem to be focusing on the price falling soon after release. The person who could most take advantage of this deal is someone who wants the current gen version on release day. You can't even get this deal 30 days after release day for current gen, so waiting for the price to fall doesn't fit that. Also, do you really think there will be good deals on the next gen games before Christmas? It seems like those prices wouldn't start falling (at least by very much) until after Christmas. You could probably come close to recreating this deal on your own through other retailers' incentives and trade-ins, but I doubt you could any better than Gamestop is offering.

All in all, if you definitely want both versions in accordance to how Gamestop is running the program, it is a decent deal. Personally, I don't think buying a game only to trade up to next gen a few weeks later is a good idea, but if someone's going to do it, this is probably a solid deal for them.
if you're buying current gen day 1 there's better deals than just $60 msrp with no credit & no price match protection. For next gen it would be smarter to wait for the b2g1 deals(most likely 1-3 weeks from launch) that will make all the games $40 each. Some will be cheaper on bf straight up or via promos. My $70 will go much much further than just 2 games during the busy/best time to shop. Some may get use from this deal but dollar for dollar game for game you're gonna end up overpaying

So I'm interested in getting the Madden 25 Anniversary Edition.  

Do you think this promotion will work for that version?  Or only the regular Madden 25 version?  I know the Xbox One version doesn't have an Anniversary Edition.

I was going to get the game for PS3, but would get it for Xbox 360 (then upgrade to the Xbox One version) if I could get the Xbox One version for $10

I was at GameStop today picking up my copy of FIFA 14 and asked the guy about the $10 trade-up offer. He said that in order to get the deal I would have to put down $5.00 and preorder FIFA 14 for the X1. I asked him if I'd have to do this on the same receipt, and he said he honestly did not know. I honestly think that's silly, but whatever...

I was at GameStop today picking up my copy of FIFA 14 and asked the guy about the $10 trade-up offer. He said that in order to get the deal I would have to put down $5.00 and preorder FIFA 14 for the X1. I asked him if I'd have to do this on the same receipt, and he said he honestly did not know. I honestly think that's silly, but whatever...
You don't have to do that if you have a PUR card you get a coupon on your email stating $10 fifa 14 on x1 when trading in xbox 360 copy.
I got one for madden and fifa

-Buy any eligible 360 title within 30 days of its release

-Have until end of December to bring the coupon and the game back in and trade them in for a One copy of the same game

-You pay $10 to upgrade from the 360 to the One version

It's not that hard
This.

Usually the first batch of EA sports games on a new system suck due to a bunch of missing features that their last gen counterparts kept. See FIFA 06 and Madden 06 on the 360.
Dreamcast = major exception to the rule.

if u can buy a used copy and use it to upgrade that would make it better
Nope the 360 title has to be purchased brand new from GS. You also have to be a free or Pro Powerup member.

You buy the game for 360 within 30 days of its launch and get a coupon on your PUR account. Then you have 30 days from the system launch to trade in your 360 title w/coupon for the XB1 version and pay $10 plus tax.

So I'm interested in getting the Madden 25 Anniversary Edition.

Do you think this promotion will work for that version? Or only the regular Madden 25 version? I know the Xbox One version doesn't have an Anniversary Edition.

I was going to get the game for PS3, but would get it for Xbox 360 (then upgrade to the Xbox One version) if I could get the Xbox One version for $10
Promotion only works on new copies purchased from GS so no go on Madden 25 AE. Also you're just about outside the 30 day from release window to qualify for the promotion on Madden.

No the guy was just desperate for preorders. As long you purchased FIFA 14 from GS you're set, just trade it in with the PUR coupon before Dec. 31 and you're fine.

*sigh*

Many people will be getting a One for Christmas. They can play a game when it comes out in October (AC4, BF4)

Then upgrade to the other version at the end of December for 10 bucks.

Of course it benefits Gamestop, they don't do stuff that's not going to benefit them, but it also benefits the people as well. I know this is CAG but 10 bucks isn't that much at all.

Especially achievement hunters who can double dip
Yeah sorry can't delete posts anymore but yeah trade for the XB1 version is good until Dec. 31 as long as you bought the 360 version within 30 days of its release at GS.

Also on Madden and FIFA if you have built up your Ultimate Team you can carry that over across the console as well, you just lose the ability to trade or auction off the cards you transfer.

BF 4 Premium/CoD Ghosts Season Pass also carries over so you can get whatever bonuses there are for getting those DLC packs (it's a Metalpak tin for BF 4 Premium, not sure on Ghosts Season Pass.)

I might jump on this deal for ghosts if my progress would transfer from xbox to 1 (prestige, level, etc). but I do not see it transfering over.
You should check Activision's website but I think they've said your stats carry over as long as you stay in the same console ecosystem. Same thing w/BF 4.

Yeah he knew I was a PUR Pro member because he had my card in his hand! I figured he was mistaken, but was not going to argue. I told him if I had headaches I would just do it thru Amazon. But it seems like he was mistaken anyway. Thanks all!!

bread's done
Back