Gamestop used DVD deal. Buy 2 get 2 free!

MikeHoncho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I went to my local gamestop and they had a buy 2 get 2 dvd sale. Turns out that this also counts towards Blu ray movies and I picked up Spiderman 3 (Blu-ray), Resident Evil Extinction(Blu-ray), 28 weeks later (DVD), and The Punisher(DVD) for about $36.

I passed by the nearest GS to me today and they had the "Buy 2 got 4 for free" sign up. I haven't check their DVD stock in a while so I will stop by tommorrow and see what I can find. OP, most GS in my area don't have many BR discs or HD dvds in stock, so for you to find 4 was lucky. ;)

Mine are mostly B2G2 around here. Back at home there was a slew of B2G4 locations but...well, I cleaned them out of most things, admittedly.

Seriously, B2G4 + 10% Off Used + Edge Card = ~Ridiculous~

Of course, they shouldn't have taken the 10% Off coupon but I'm not complaining. The only problem is that most of those stores are just emptying out what they have left, so that's pretty much it on that front. No more deal-mongering there. Sadly, the B2G2 places around here are pretty much in the same dire straits.

Great fun while it lasts, though. Go over and give it all a look. You can get some stupid deals through this if they have what you want. I highly suggest HBO boxsets if they have them, mostly because some of those have ridiculously low prices to start as opposed to...retail.

A GS employee told me that Blu-Rays don't qualify for the Buy 2 Get 2 free because they have a different upc #. If he scanned the Blu-Rays would they have wrung up as B2G2?

[quote name='D_Icon']A GS employee told me that Blu-Rays don't qualify for the Buy 2 Get 2 free because they have a different upc #.[/QUOTE]

Bollocks. I've picked up HD-DVDs a number of times from GS using B2G1 or B2G2 promos with no problems, and Blu-Rays should be no different.

I picked up 9 Blu-Rays and 8 HD-DVD's in these sales. For me, they were "Buy 2, Get 4" and everything goes, including seasons. I was also able to pick-up Lost Season 1 & 2, B&B The Mike Judge Collection, a few South Park Seasons, etc.

Surprised noone has mentioned to the TC that every gamestop/eb that still sells dvds has had Buy 2 get 2 for almost a year, while some also have the Buy 2 get 4 free deal.

I haven't went to my GS for a couple months now, knowing about the B2G4. But they still had it as B2G2 and I managed to Get Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries, Season 1, Season 2.0 and 2.5.

I'm assuming somebody took Season 3.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Surprised noone has mentioned to the TC that every gamestop/eb that still sells dvds has had Buy 2 get 2 for almost a year, while some also have the Buy 2 get 4 free deal.[/quote]

I am wondering when someone will ask for the buttcheeck spread from Playgirl.

[quote name='Kendal']I am wondering when someone will ask for the buttcheeck spread from Playgirl.[/QUOTE]

If your mocking me you could at least spell right.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']If your mocking me you could at least spell right.[/quote]

It is from Taledaga Nights. So defensive.

[quote name='Kendal']It is from Taledaga Nights. So defensive.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if it seemed that way, but I didnt really mean to offend the TC either. I was just stating something. Since most topics that are about deals that have been going on a while, and have had previous topics, people tend to tell people these things.

Last time I went to GS to browse when this first started, I picked up A-Team seasons 1, 2 and 4.................................. And then BD Superbad, wild things, condemned, underworld, Good luck chuck and a few more.

I have seen some stores in Austin have B2G2 and some have B2G4.

It varies from store to store. Basically Gamestop is trying to fade out thier Used DVD section. One of the workers told me that they are going to be very particular on what DVDs they buy back. Only ones in excellent condition and that are in the original case.

Now if only they would do that with the games I would be happier.

bread's done
Back