GameStop: used PSP-1000 drops to $99.99

Dissolve

CAGiversary!
I almost bought one yesterday at $119.99 then I check again this morning and BAM $20 off. They're sparse around my b&m GameStops (closest one is 10 miles, ouch) but I'm sure they have plenty online - plenty of scratched, figerprinted and dead-pixel ones for your gaming pleasure. :)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=22259

NOTE: The other used PSPs (2000 and 3000) have remained the same ($139.99 and $149.99 respectively).

[quote name='tagout']I don't think this is a deal... PSP-1000 goes for $50-$60 on Ebay[/QUOTE]

Well, then I'd better stop by a brick & mortar eBay shop today to get me one! Oh wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dissolve']Well, then I'd better stop by a brick & motor eBay shop today to get me one! Oh wait.[/QUOTE]

lrn2ebay

[quote name='Cheapass24']lrn2ebay[/QUOTE]I run an eBay store but thanks for the advice.

[quote name='chuckywang']You can get one for under $100 on Craigslist.[/QUOTE]You can get one for under $100 at GameStop.

[quote name='chuckywang']You can get one for under $100 on Craigslist.[/QUOTE]You can get one for under $100 at GameStop.

Hmm, I kinda need a new one - my current 1000 won't read batteries for some reason and has to always be plugged in to even work. Kinda takes the last "P" in the name outta the equation. Might consider this, thanks for the heads-up. If only they'd drop the 2000 used price tho...

[quote name='Megaten']Hmm, I kinda need a new one - my current 1000 won't read batteries for some reason and has to always be plugged in to even work. Kinda takes the last "P" in the name outta the equation. [/QUOTE]

Plugged-in PlayStation

I don't know, I bought a used one off ebay nearly 2 years ago for 120$ with 3 games and a few extra accessories. It just seems a lot easier to check for feedback and non-stock photos off ebay rather than buy from gamestop, but you could have a lot of credit from flipping I guess which is what usually pulls GS ahead of other places when deciding on a purchase.

[quote name='Vortextk']Plugged-in PlayStation

I don't know, I bought a used one off ebay nearly 2 years ago for 120$ with 3 games and a few extra accessories. It just seems a lot easier to check for feedback and non-stock photos off ebay rather than buy from gamestop, but you could have a lot of credit from flipping I guess which is what usually pulls GS ahead of other places when deciding on a purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's basically it for me. I have a good chunk of credit built up, so it'd probably be less than 50 *real* dollars if I consider how much the games I've traded in cost for me personally to get one there. Then again, the entire reason my PSP's battery port is gaffed is because they sold it to me like that and I didn't even notice it until it was out of their return window...so not a really good track record with em in that regard.

Is every single PSP-1000 capable of running custom firmware, or did they plug that hole during its lifetime?

[quote name='Vegan']Is every single PSP-1000 capable of running custom firmware, or did they plug that hole during its lifetime?[/QUOTE]

All PSP Phat can run CF. I have a 1001 that's hardly used. Not even a scratch. :shock: Bought it cause of Gran Turismo was supposed to come out few years ago. We all know what happened to that. Now I'm actually eyeing on few upcoming PSP titles, GT (finally), LBP, and Soul Calibur. I can finally use my $250 hardware soon.

[quote name='derspiess']I was in GameCrazy last weekend and they still had the 1000 for $69.99. There was one that looked almost new.[/QUOTE]

that's still the price. and the 2000 series are $89.99 too

[quote name='Megaten']Hmm, I kinda need a new one - my current 1000 won't read batteries for some reason and has to always be plugged in to even work. Kinda takes the last "P" in the name outta the equation. Might consider this, thanks for the heads-up. If only they'd drop the 2000 used price tho...[/QUOTE]

Is it all bateries or just yours? Are you using the cheap knock-off ones from ebay?

Anyways, if it's only your battery then have a look at this:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=97425
(read the third post down by Gandalf)

Apparently, sometimes the chip in the battery goes out of sync. Although the battery is fully charged the chip thinks the battery is empty and turns off your psp. To fix, you have to discharge your battery using some wires and a flashlight bulb. This syncs the battery and chip again.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I can't tell you how amazing it is to be able to use a second analog stick to play portable ops.[/QUOTE]

Except for one small problem. The game wasn't designed to use two analog sticks.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Except for one small problem. The game wasn't designed to use two analog sticks.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm pretty sure anyone who's played the game agrees that the game WAS designed to use two analog sticks (move the character with the left analog and camera with the righ analog stick). Unfortunately because the psp lacks a second analog stick, portable ops assigned what would have been the controls for the second analog stick to the d-pad. This made it impossible to move your character and the camera at the same time. The program I used along with cfw allows me to assign the psp's D-pad to the second analog stick on a D3.

[quote name='tagout']I don't think this is a deal... PSP-1000 goes for $50-$60 on Ebay[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you, but the only 1st gen PSPs going for that much on Ebay are broken as-is for parts or repair. These things still run $80-$100 unless you get extremely lucky with a last minute bid, or finding someone underselling it.

I know, I've been looking to buy one under $75 ever since I heard that Persona was going to be released on the PSP.

Don't most GameStop put those awful, hard-to-get-off(LOL) price stickers on the screen? It's like that at the GS I had THIS happen with.

[quote name='daminion']Hate to tell you, but the only 1st gen PSPs going for that much on Ebay are broken as-is for parts or repair. These things still run $80-$100 unless you get extremely lucky with a last minute bid, or finding someone underselling it.

I know, I've been looking to buy one under $75 ever since I heard that Persona was going to be released on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-1000-H...m3ef763c1e1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_924

http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-Great-Condi...m20acb2c1c6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_924

For every cheap one you show me, I can post 5 that sold for $80+. Even the 2 you posted with their cheap prices have issues. Sorry... there's no magical place to buy a good condition PSP for $60...

[quote name='the_punisher']http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PSP-1000-H...m3ef763c1e1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_924[/QUOTE]

Everything works great with the game system, however the UMD drive does not work. Charger not included.

[quote name='the_punisher']http://cgi.ebay.com/PSP-Great-Condi...m20acb2c1c6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_500wt_924[/QUOTE]

One minor thing is that the head of the analog stick is missing but the stick is still there and is still perfectly usable

[quote name='daminion']

One minor thing is that the head of the analog stick is missing but the stick is still there and is still perfectly usable[/QUOTE]

Costs about 5 bucks to get a replacement pack of 6. The one on my psp fell off and I had to get some more.

ebay may be cheaper, but conveinence of returning something in store with a generic warranty beats anything that one could get off of ebay.

that one with the nub, time in gas to go somewhere to get some numbs and you're sitting at around $75 bucks already.

plus gs credit is easier to obtain than real cash (flipping) (survey cards)

I'm sitting on $50 GC from survey and this brings it down to 49.99.... no shipping... maybe tax, don't have to waste time with ebay and paypal if anything goes wrong.

price drops should be included in video game deals.

Still, not a bad price. thanks for post
151l1259.jpg

I need to pick up another PSP as my 2000's UMD drive just went out. (Still keeping it for PSN, etc) I have around 30 games that I now can't play and I don't want to spend $90 to get it serviced by Sony (they would probably just send me a refurb anyway) I'll probably check around at my local GS's and see if they have any decent ones in stock.

[quote name='mailman27']I need to pick up another PSP as my 2000's UMD drive just went out. (Still keeping it for PSN, etc) I have around 30 games that I now can't play and I don't want to spend $90 to get it serviced by Sony (they would probably just send me a refurb anyway) I'll probably check around at my local GS's and see if they have any decent ones in stock.[/QUOTE]

Could always try and repair it yourself for around $20.

bread's done
Back