Gamestop Weekly Ad (1/15 - 1/21): SC: Blacklist $19.99, AC IV $29.99, Rocksmith 2014 $49.99

Is the splinter cell blacklist CE worth it for $70, I feel like I would play with the plane for a little, but that is it. As in are the extras worth the extra $50?

Ive heard/read the Wii U version is the better one with no screen tearing and better graphics.
You heard absolutely wrong.

Starting the Wii U version's campaign in earnest, we get a sense that this extra pixel-perfect clarity isn't necessarily being put to best use. The absence of an install is a convenience, certainly, but flitting between each comparison screenshot shows texture quality suffers to the same degree as the 360 code minus its optional texture pack. Some bump-mapped surfaces appear comparable to those on PS3, such as character skin and most clothing, but environmental details also appear flattened or downright garish in spots. Taking on the Insurgent Stronghold mission, geometry pop-in is also an issue as we walk upstream through a valley, where trees and rocks swap out for higher-res assets as they're audibly read from the disc.

A lack of any such mandatory texture pack install on the Wii U version has other repercussions. Loading times are noticeably longer on Nintendo's platform, where if we select "skip" at the earliest opportunity during the initial briefing video, it takes the optical drive one minute 24 seconds to fully stream the prologue level and let us cut to the gameplay. This demands patience from players just itching to get to the action, and by comparison the PS3 takes just 22 seconds to load the very same mission, while the 360 clocks in at 24 seconds with its optional install.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-splinter-cell-blacklist-face-off

Last edited by a moderator:
No demo this time, but I highly recommend this game.. A.I. is smart, graphics are good, level design is superb, and you can play however you want. The mechanics are similar to Conviction, but Sam once again has his suit, goggles, and tons of cool gadgets. Plus the campaign is at least twice as long. I don't regret paying $60, so it's a steal at $20 or less.
Thank you I will give it a shot over the weekend :)

No, no I didn;t lol. If you read the whole review it actually says the graphics on the Wii U look better than on the ps3/360 and does not have screen tearing issues like the ps3 and 360. The screen tearing is actually pretty bad on those two.

This actually shows the difference a lot more

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-splinter-cell-blacklist-screenshot-comparison-and-analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-vs-wii-u/

The Wii U has longer load times than the PS3/360. The FPS dips a bit but its like 2 frames less on average but no screen tearing at all.

bread's done
Back