Gamestop Weekly Ad 5/15-5/21 (Some Price Drops)

If best buy goes out of business, Amazon will have no one to price match against, as Ganestop is a joke meant to scam teenagers with their prices and used games pushing

[quote name='Deader2818']only took 2 posts to turn this into an anti-gamestop thread. bravo.[/QUOTE]

I get angry every time I see their weekly deals

It's one thing for Kmart to have lame gaming deals but the entire inventory of GameStop is gaming but they don't care about being competitive

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']I get angry every time I see their weekly deals

It's one thing for Kmart to have lame gaming deals but the entire inventory of GameStop is gaming but they don't care about being competitive[/QUOTE]

That's because their sole profit is on used. If they could they would probably not even bother selling new.

It's one thing for Kmart to have lame gaming deals but the entire inventory of GameStop is gaming but they don't care about being competitive[/QUOTE]

If you actually get angry at GS weekly deals you may want to re-evaluate some things.

what a lame comment, does GS owe you something? yet another entitled CAG... :roll:

You realize that's exactly why they don't do it... right?

Gamestop doesn't have anything else to make their money back on, so they don't have a lot of options, where as K mart might get you to buy some food, maybe cleaning supplies, etc. Countless times I've gone to Target for whatever household thing I need, just so I can look at their clearance section. This wouldn't happen at Gamestop, since it's unlikely you'll come in for a cheap game and pick up a few used games in the same purchase, just because you wanted the cheap game.

Umad? :lol:

Why should GS create deals just so Amazon can price match and have everyone that thinks they're so great buy there? GS has it's own MO, and giving Amazon money isn't it. Fwiw, I traded in over $14K at GS last year, so it has its uses.

[quote name='spyder69']Fwiw, I traded in over $14K at GS last year, so it has its uses.[/QUOTE]

obligatory "pics nao". or just a screenshot of your PUR lifetime points.

I just went and swapped some stuff in today.

I'm loving Gamestop these days for some reason. Seems like they always have what I am looking for when I go.

Not great deals, but I have been a person who waiting for Dishonored to hit the $30 price point. Good thing they put it in their ad, so I see it, since I forgot about that game a while back. Skyrim is also good for anyone who hasn't played it. $30 is a prime price point for that.

Battlefield 3 would be a sweet deal at $20 if it were the Premium Edition with all the downloadable content. I keep hearing about Battlefield and, though not a fan of the typical FPS, I'm interested in giving it a try.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Aw, now we can't trade Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy for a $10 BioShock Infinite. :cry:

:lol:[/QUOTE]No, you still can--I just didn't put the "Trade 2 eligible games, get a $59.99 game for $9.99" promo in the OP because (1) it's going on right now and (2) I know how much you all love that deal. :roll:

im not spending over $10-$15 for any game now cause next gen around the corner and all these games are gonna be like $5 next years. plus ive never had a phone so im waiting for the new iphone. i applied for food stamps and got accepted , hopefully that will help me save up for both the new xbox and ps4

[quote name='Gamer SDP']obligatory "pics nao". or just a screenshot of your PUR lifetime points.[/QUOTE]

Sitting at 305,124 PUR points on my personal account right now. Business account has significantly more, obviously. :cool:

Money mostly comes from trading in about 100 consoles during double credit at $130 - $160 each in Nov-Dec. Buying 2 consoles a week for $15 - $30 each over the course of a year to get that many isn't difficult. Think big, people!

Most TIV i've gotten at a Gamestop was a little over $600 in store credit NO hardware, just games. Most i got for a game Trade In, was at Funcoland, $120 for a Saturn copy of Dragon Force. (I know i know, shoot me)

GameStop can not win with anyone. If they have a great sale, all we see is "Enjoy your gutted copy", and if they don't match BB or Amazon, it's "Typical GameStop BS". Without their used product and trade-ins, I personally wouldn't have played a good 60% of the games I have this generation. Sure, I have been frustrated like most others, but I do understand the value of having them around.

[quote name='spyder69']Sitting at 305,124 PUR points on my personal account right now. Business account has significantly more, obviously. :cool:

Money mostly comes from trading in about 100 consoles during double credit at $130 - $160 each in Nov-Dec. Buying 2 consoles a week for $15 - $30 each over the course of a year to get that many isn't difficult. Think big, people![/QUOTE]
Wow I'm surprised you were not flagged as a dealer or banned from Gamestop yet. Does Gamestop flag accounts by ID or a powerup account? Did you have multiple people trading in for, but using the same powerup card.

[quote name='nextisland']im not spending over $10-$15 for any game now cause next gen around the corner and all these games are gonna be like $5 next years. plus ive never had a phone so im waiting for the new iphone. i applied for food stamps and got accepted , hopefully that will help me save up for both the new xbox and ps4[/QUOTE]
Gamestop takes foodstamps now?

[quote name='usagi']Wow I'm surprised you were not flagged as a dealer or banned from Gamestop yet. Does Gamestop flag accounts by ID or a powerup account? Did you have multiple people trading in for, but using the same powerup card.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Gamestop flags for being a dealer. I have over 1,000,000 lifetime points and yes I am a dealer, I have bought about 15 copies of demo made in the last 6 months and many other more rare titles and never had any kind of problem from gamestop. I have also traded about 30 of the same game over the past year and also never had a problem. So I don't believe they really care anymore.

[quote name='spyder69']Sitting at 305,124 PUR points on my personal account right now. Business account has significantly more, obviously. :cool:

Money mostly comes from trading in about 100 consoles during double credit at $130 - $160 each in Nov-Dec. Buying 2 consoles a week for $15 - $30 each over the course of a year to get that many isn't difficult. Think big, people![/QUOTE]

Where the fuck are you getting xboxs for $30?

[quote name='xenozfan2']Where the fuck are you getting xboxs for $30?[/QUOTE]
Yard sales frequently have them for that price...seriously. Thrift shops are a good place to look as well.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Where the fuck are you getting xboxs for $30?[/QUOTE]

Mostly locally. Funny thing is that I don't actively try to find them, they just seem to fall in my lap wherever I go. Hell, people bring me consoles all the time and just give them to me for free, saying they're sick of having them break* or their kids being on them all the time.

*Read as: stuck tray, fixed in < 2 minutes for Xbox or needs something ridiculously simple like a hard drive format for PS3.

Never been flagged nor been asked to reduce my trade-ins. Gamestop managers and employees actually like me because I don't treat them like crap like most people. It's just a job, and they're just people, after all.

[quote name='ocbballer727']I don't believe Gamestop flags for being a dealer. I have over 1,000,000 lifetime points and yes I am a dealer, I have bought about 15 copies of demo made in the last 6 months and many other more rare titles and never had any kind of problem from gamestop. I have also traded about 30 of the same game over the past year and also never had a problem. So I don't believe they really care anymore.[/QUOTE]

Careful. Somebody's gonna demand you mail them all your receipts for every transaction as proof it happened. :roll:

I've been more than happy with some of the deals I've gotten at Gamestop. Most recently a minty new Ninja Gaiden 3 collectors edition for $20. Wasnt finding that anywhere else for that price. Yay Gamestop!

Dealers, waste of space, bunch hoards who can't find a really job and gouge people who really just want to play a game, I can't wait to the digital rev to bring about the death of these ass hats, the day you loose your so called jobs, I'll be laughing my ass off.

[quote name='Vigilante']No, you still can--I just didn't put the "Trade 2 eligible games, get a $59.99 game for $9.99" promo in the OP because (1) it's going on right now and (2) I know how much you all love that deal. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think he means that Bioshock Infinite won't be eligible for this deal anymore since it's on sale for $49.99. Unless it's still considered "valued" at $59.99. Hoping it's the latter so I can grab it for just the two trade-ins.

Edit: I do get the facetiousness of the game choices, too. But the sale question remains.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nextisland']im not spending over $10-$15 for any game now cause next gen around the corner and all these games are gonna be like $5 next years. plus ive never had a phone so im waiting for the new iphone. i applied for food stamps and got accepted , hopefully that will help me save up for both the new xbox and ps4[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right?

[quote name='strait edge follower']is skyrim for the ps3 as broken as they say it is ? [/QUOTE]

From what I heard they never did get it up to the functionality of the PC and 360 versions. Maybe they'll include a final patch with the GOTY next month?

[quote name='strait edge follower']is skyrim for the ps3 as broken as they say it is ? getting a used one for 20$ or so after discounts sounds good and ive been curious about the game for awhile[/QUOTE]
I got 3 characters with over 40 hours each. (1 has over 100) and I have only had the game crash twice. The load times are the biggest complaint, but it's only about 30 seconds when you switch areas, either by going in a door or map hopping. When in town it takes about 10-15 seconds to go in a building.

[quote name='strait edge follower']is skyrim for the ps3 as broken as they say it is ? getting a used one for 20$ or so after discounts sounds good and ive been curious about the game for awhile[/QUOTE]

If you have a Sears near you, the :ps3: version is on clearance for $9.97.

[quote name='coopscohen']If you have a Sears near you, the :ps3: version is on clearance for $9.97.[/QUOTE]

Wait, Sears actually has video games that are newer than the PS2 era?! I think you're high on something, I've never seen such a thing. At the same time I feel compelled to go there tomorrow so I can be disappointed. Something's wrong with me!

Skyrim was bought in my area. Confirmed to be $9.97.

Nobody really goes to Sears for video games, so you either will have a large amount of copies at the start of a clearance or someone will hoard them all at once.

bread's done
Back