GameStop Weekly Ad 9/3-9/9

[quote name='Slappybob']Wow that was fast. Usually they don't have these ready until Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Guess it's easy to prepare when they have no used deals or coupons rofl.

[quote name='HydroX']Time for Crackdown 2 to drop like a rock. I like it.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Despite all the negative feelings for the game, I still wanna get it...just not at full price. Can't wait to see it in a clearance bin somewhere.

And GS blows...

WOAH, buy RDR and get the DLC free?! If it prints on the receipt (which is the only way I see this working), then I think GS has a "gift return" in their future.

Kane and Lynch I am waiting to pick you up for $20 sometime before xmas. As for you Transformers I welcome the price drop and may use an online code for you.

[quote name='musicjunkie']Kane and Lynch I am waiting to pick you up for $20 sometime before xmas. As for you Transformers I welcome the price drop and may use an online code for you.[/QUOTE]

I actually just bought Transformers I used 25SAVINGS and got it for around $35. Its a good game I like it. Im waiting on a price drop for the DLC though. Hopefully I will get some MSP this week or next. But with all the stuff im about to buy. Yeah right. Anyway good luck with your purchases as I had trouble trying to use my coupons on Gamestop.com I called them in July and I still have trouble getting the site to accept them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Indeed. Despite all the negative feelings for the game, I still wanna get it...just not at full price. Can't wait to see it in a clearance bin somewhere.

And GS blows...[/QUOTE]

I played the demo when it was released and I had a blast I had hours and hours of fun on it. You will definitely love it.

But with all these price drops does this mean the actual games USED price will be lowered $5 less then the actual adveritsed price. If that was the case I could get a price compensation for War for Cybertron since I just got it yesterday and get Crackdown 2 for my birthday then play it until Halo Reach comes out. Lets hope they do this.

Since you were talking about you still want to get it but not a full price then try this below and see what you can do.

Crackdown 2 - 39.99 NEW
Crackdown 2 - 34.99 USED
EDGE CARD - 10% Off or 3.49
YOUR Total 31.49
MY Total 21.49 - I would use a $10 Off Coupon I have.

you forgot to add cag16 for 16% off dude the 10 dollar coupon wont stack but all u have to do is call for them to add it

[quote name='killer9']you forgot to add cag16 for 16% off dude the 10 dollar coupon wont stack but all u have to do is call for them to add it[/QUOTE]

I never could get CAG16 to stack for some reason but I just tried my idea it should work if the price drops. I will be able to get Crackdown 2 next week for my birthday. Then Halo Reach the week after that. Then who knows after that.

wow. guess they could queue up a year's worth of these on their server now that it's just telling us what the MSRP on every game is.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And GS blows...[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you or anyone else post any anti-Gamestop sentiment anywhere on this forum ever in life ever.

Jesus Christ. We get it.

Yeah, the ads are pretty much crap now. Main reason why I didn't post it yesterday. Without the coupons or used deal of the week, it just isn't worth the effort anymore. MSRP-fest for the most part. Kinda depressing when that script I have runs and it downloads the ad and this is what you get.

I hear they open new games and sell them at full price instead of the used price...any truth to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Time for Crackdown 2 to drop like a rock. I like it.[/QUOTE]

really doubt it, more people playing now than ever, plus the dlc just hit.

Hey if that Zhu Zhu Pets DS game was $10, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for my girls. No lie!

And so I wait again for an actual GS deal............zzzzzzzzz..........

Try this as a link instead:

gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/091010/pdf/olfsi_091010.pdf

But yes, nothing really noteworthy here. Damn, I miss those occasional GOOD coupons and used deals of the week...

[quote name='saintpale']really doubt it, more people playing now than ever, plus the dlc just hit.[/QUOTE]

Once Reach and Black Ops hits, games like Crackdown 2 and Transformers as much fun as they are...sadly will lose a lot of player base. Naturally. So, sell those titles quick before they just take up inventory space.

It's the way CAG does affiliate links, when it adds that info to the end it throws a bad request. Been like that for like a year now.

i miss the used game deals of the week. the best part was edge took 10% off the regular price so you usually got another 20% off stacked on top...

[quote name='ninja dog']I hear they open new games and sell them at full price instead of the used price...any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

It probably depends on the place.

[quote name='ninja dog']I hear they open new games and sell them at full price instead of the used price...any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, none at all. They do seal used games, though, and throw them at small children.

I unsubscribed from the newsletter. After I did I was prompted to email them at "[email protected]" and tell them why.

I told them exactly why -- I subscribed for the 20-30% off used game coupons that always brought me into the store -- and without those a newsletter offering games at MSRP isn't worth receiving.

I like how they run a "deal" to preorder a new title and get half off a preowned title, online only and you can't cancel the preorder lol and it's online only.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nope, none at all. They do seal used games, though, and throw them at small children.[/QUOTE]

So they seal used games and throw them at small children, but do they tell the children that the games are new or used? I'm just wondering because if I find out that there's no moral awareness left in Capitalism, I'm gonna be very mad.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']anyone know why they took away the option to sort by pricedrop for online items? kind of aggravating...[/QUOTE]

ha! I was going to come post the exact same thing. It's been part of my friday ritual for like a year..anything interesting and am the nearest location on my lunch break..sucks!!

It seems the price drop function has been broken for a while now (every week I used to search for price drops by system). There are never any items shown in the search results.

[quote name='token2k6']ha! I was going to come post the exact same thing. It's been part of my friday ritual for like a year..anything interesting and am the nearest location on my lunch break..sucks!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was the same way, I'd search the price dropped items once a week to see if games I wanted had dropped, then I'd buy them. Hopefully they fix it /bring it back :\

I used to remember when Gamestop/Ebgames was great. Now just a sad little shell of what it once was. Almost never shop with them anymore. Just not worth it, with Amazon and Gamefly prices.

bread's done
Back