GameSwap Zone

CapAmerica

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
GameSwapZone.com has got to be one of the coolest sites I've found next to CAG. I don't think alot of people know about it yet, but I figured its a really good site to share with my fellow CAG. I came across the site thanks to a GameSpot story and wow can you find some really great buys.

I've already made a few purchese on the site with 100% sucess.

To date I've won:
Resident Evil 0 - $7.49 (New)
Resident Evil 2 (GameCube) - $9.98 (New)
Resident Evil 3 (GameCube) - $9.99 (New)
Dot Hack Infection - $3.74 (New)
Dot Hack 2: Mutation - $4.00 (New)
Dot Hack 3:Outbreak - $6.24 (New)
Dot Hack 4: Quarantine - $3.75 (New)
Panzer Dragoon - $12.49 (New)
Bloody Roar 4 - $4.99 (New)
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2) - $7.49 (New)
Final Fantasy Tactics NGH - $16.00 (Used / 100% Compleate)
Final Fantasy Origins Official Strategy Guide - $2.49 (New)
Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide - $2.49 (New)
Final Fantasy X Official Strategy Guide - $3.24 (New)
Final Fantasy XI Official Strategy Guide - $4.24 (New)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Official Strategy Guide - $3.74 (New)

And when I say New for the games, I mean still in the factory shrink wrap.
And none of them are Greatest Hit, Players Choice or Platinum Hit versions.

I find this place to be better then eBay, there are not as many games as eBay but it does keeps getting bigger and bigger. And hopefull with the more people that find out about it and use it it could become a much better place to get games then eBay.

Has anyone else tried out GameSwapZone.com?

http://www.gameswapzone.com/

Quite a few things almost look too good to be true. Anyone have any info on this site?? I noticed quite a few sellers have high ratings, but then when you look at their feedback, most of it is duplicates (ie-, one guy had a 95 rating, but then if you actually cancel out the duplicates, etc., he actually only has a rating of like 12).

Warner1281: The guy your talking about I'm pretty sure is the same guy I've purchesed pretty much all my stuff from. BargainBin right?
He's one of the few real major people on the site. There are other sellers but they only put up a couple items. That guy on the other hand makes up a huge chunk of the items for sale. So far I haven't been screwed over by him.

The place has only been up for a little more then a month. So its still mostly early adopters who have jumped on board, most likely also the reason I have got so many good deals. I haven't had to deal with any bidding wars yet, I've even been able to put in one bid 4 days before it closes and not have to worry about it.

psincubus:
I've used PayPal for everything so far.

Ive done pretty well on here with purchasing stuff, mainly sick of the high prices in gamestop and ebgames for cart only games (some prices are good some are horrendous), been able to score some nice complete gba stuff off this site for a lot less than what they charge!

Less of a risk of getting bootleg items off here as well since most people are collectors and are honest and of course there is the feedback system so each sale counts! Its probably a lot more honest here than on ebay, where people will try to sell you a junk bootleg even though most times that is obvious.

Looks interesting, will give it a try and see how it goes.

You get a $3 dollar credit for signing up...not bad

I did alot of group shipping since I was getting them all from the same guy.
Normally he was asking for like $4 for shipping for each game solo. But shipping a bunch of items together saved alot of money.

The shipping was around $6 for:
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 3
Final Fantasy IX Official Strategy Guide
Final Fantasy XI Official Strategy Guide

Prices are NOT including shipping. I e-mailed the bargainbin guy and turns out it is a company called chipsbit.com. They were charging $5 shipping for priority + $2 insurance for each guide. They would not combine shipping nor would they offer alternate shipping methods or decline insurance. So while most of the guides on gameswapzone are priced at $3-4 starting bid, even if you win, you pay $10+. No thanks. I'll stick to trading.

On a positive note though, most prices are pretty good for the games, even with shipping.

[quote name='Warner1281']Prices are NOT including shipping. I e-mailed the bargainbin guy and turns out it is a company called chipsbit.com. They were charging $5 shipping for priority + $2 insurance for each guide. They would not combine shipping nor would they offer alternate shipping methods or decline insurance. So while most of the guides on gameswapzone are priced at $3-4 starting bid, even if you win, you pay $10+. No thanks. I'll stick to trading.

On a positive note though, most prices are pretty good for the games, even with shipping.[/QUOTE]

Wow, they wouldn't do group shipping for you? They did for me.

Maybe they felt bad for me cause we were having some issues with the auctions that had multiple copies up for bid.

Its a shame they don't do group shipping for everyone.

stick to BargainBin or whatever for definate stuff... other sellers just check their feedback etc.

i got rushmore criterion, and memento 2 disc for 5.99 each.

exccccellent seller.

[quote name='Warner1281']Prices are NOT including shipping. I e-mailed the bargainbin guy and turns out it is a company called chipsbit.com. They were charging $5 shipping for priority + $2 insurance for each guide. They would not combine shipping nor would they offer alternate shipping methods or decline insurance. So while most of the guides on gameswapzone are priced at $3-4 starting bid, even if you win, you pay $10+. No thanks. I'll stick to trading.

On a positive note though, most prices are pretty good for the games, even with shipping.[/QUOTE]

chipsbit.com? Would they have any relation to the old Chips & Bits? I remember getting my first ever copy of Lunar SSSC from Chips & Bits long ago! :D

bread's done
Back