GameTap Free (140+ complete games including Psychonauts, Thief and Tomb Raider)

i wasted my time downloading colie mcrae, lara croft, and psychonauts, and can't play a single one... My computer sucks! And how is lara croft 7gb?

[quote name='aihuman']Couldnt play psychounauts,game tap told me I needed gold something to play it.[/quote].....that's something on your end, not theirs.

I can play Psychonauts fine.

I have the same problem, aihuman. I was able to play these games fine at first, and then suddenly the "Upgrade to Gold now!" ad kept popping up and wouldn't go away. I can't play any of the games I downloaded any longer :< Has it happened to anyone else besides aihuman and me? Also, if it has, have you been able to make it go away? :(

I tried second sight, and I've been having some problems, after the ads are over this technical error keeps on coming up and it tells me to contact gametap....I dunno it might just be cuz I have vista, but psychonauts is definately worth a test to everyone

[quote name='darthbudge']Do you then eventually have to pay for them? Or can you keep them forever?[/QUOTE]

No, they are free for as long as they stay on the free list. Currently, most games, including Psychonauts, are scheduled to stay on the free list indefinitely.

[quote name='aihuman']Couldnt play psychounauts,game tap told me I needed gold something to play it.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be saying that. You may want to try the Tech Support Forum.

There is one part wrong on the OP, you state that you do not need to register, that is partially true. You MUST register for a free account at gametap.com if you want to download any "M" rated games. The birthday you register with must be over 17 years old, in order to play these games.

Thanks OP, read a little about GT free, didn't try it till i saw this post a few days ago.

[quote name='neverletthem']You MUST register for a free account at gametap.com if you want to download any "M" rated games.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I forgot about that. They didn't use to have "M" rated games on the free list. You must also register for a free account if you are using leaderboards or challenge play (online multiplayer).

Yes you can (for the games that have controller support). Make sure your 360 controller is connected to your PC (if it is wired) and then click on the "Controls" tab on a specific game's infocard within the GameTap client OR for some games you have to modify the controls from within the game itself.

after denying this for so long i'm finally caving in for a free account, i'm already considering getting a subscription... this is exactly why i've avoided this for so long... damnit.

bread's done
Back