GametTZ has an interesting thread about us

[quote name='ninja dog']
316nnk7.jpg

:lol: huh?

we have rules donny, this isn't 'nam[/QUOTE]

LMAO! That's hilarious. What morons.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Better than Goozex? I can't imagine anything being any easier and low maintenance than goozex.[/QUOTE]

I can. Something where you don't have to wait 18 years for popular games.

[quote name='mitch079']This has been Cheapy's plan all along. To gather up all the cheap ass gamers, herd us into a huge shower room and then kill us all so he, and only he, can get the best deals.[/QUOTE]

So?

3201783168_7836be2a48.jpg

*I know you were kidding I just wanted to put up a picture too :)

[quote name='Matt Young']I can. Something where you don't have to wait 18 years for popular games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that can be a drawback. Doesn't really bother me as the few games I'm dying to play I just buy and then trade on Goozex for an instant 1000 points.

Otherwise I don't mind waiting a few months to play most games (online games aside--and those I'll buy at launch). But for RPGs etc. I'll get them when ever I get them. No rush. Before I'd wait 6 months to a year for price drops/sales, now I just wait a few months to get matched up.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']they think CAG people overvalue their items? Uh... have they not seen the prices on their own site?[/QUOTE]

I can't agree more with this. I have the hardest time making trades on that site -- it seems like everyone wants to trade whatever crap they have for a new release plus $20. fuck that place.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I can't agree more with this. I have the hardest time making trades on that site -- it seems like everyone wants to trade whatever crap they have for a new release plus $20. fuck that place.[/QUOTE]

Whoever originally said that about CAG is in idiot. Whoever says that about GameTZ is also an idiot.

They're both huge sites with thousands of members, and generalizing either one by saying something like that is extremely stubborn.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Whoever originally said that about CAG is in idiot. Whoever says that about GameTZ is also an idiot.

They're both huge sites with thousands of members, and generalizing either one by saying something like that is extremely stubborn.[/quote]

QFT

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Whoever originally said that about CAG is in idiot. Whoever says that about GameTZ is also an idiot.

They're both huge sites with thousands of members, and generalizing either one by saying something like that is extremely stubborn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I suppose basing my opinion of the site on my personal experience makes me an idiot :roll: I've been a member there for 7 years -- I think that's enough of a fair shot.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Yeah, I suppose basing my opinion of the site on my personal experience makes me an idiot :roll: I've been a member there for 7 years -- I think that's enough of a fair shot.[/QUOTE]

How can you not see how ridiculous that statement is? Saying something like that just comes off as biased and just a way to take a cheap shot. It's not true. How could it be? Do you think only certain types of people go to GameTZ while only certain types go to CAG? Both sites share many users.

From my experience, both sites have people who overvalue stuff, and so does every trading site out their. But, both sites have great MANY great users.

I wonder what got the OP of the GTZ thread all flustered? CAG Dickery?

Maybe he stepped foot in the OTT...

:p

EDIT: This is money!

3201783168_7836be2a48.jpg

I use both these sites as well and here are my views:
I prefer trading on the other site because there is a great trade tracking system, great matching system, and multiple forums for different types of trading as opposed to one forum that moves like Class 5 Rapids. I only come here to trade when I can't get/sell something on GTZ because I hate dealing through PMS that I constantly have to delete.

That said, I always come here for deals because there is no where better. I also sometimes hit up the off-topic when GTZ's general gets boring.

most of you CAGers are right, GameTZ is filled to the brim with immature, very constant, trolling/thread crapping.

As a user for almost 10 years on GameTz (over 400 trades, you're welcome post office !) , its such a shame that a site that brings in so much traffic is barely policed. Favoritism is rampant among the "moderators" , users are rude and annoying, and no one "really" cares about changing it. User A can be friends with moderator x and say whatever they want, vulgar, racist, etc, User B who does not get along with moderator x gets restricted for the same violations.

As far as the trading aspect, i still prefer GTZ over CAG just because its more easy to browse threads and has specific forums that narrow your search. (i heard CAG was revamping their forum, i hope its good!)

I suppose im basically agreeing with Yamas' post somewhat (thanks for the gift card btw ). The Trading forum here is so busy imo, but i suppose its good that it IS busy.

I recently made a topic in the Site_feedback on GTZ, linked here : http://gametz.com/forum/Site_Feedback/topic/327420.html#new

merely asking for better policing of the forums, to try and make GTZ more friendlier to its base-users, as well as the new people coming onto the site. Of course, as you can see by my -29 score, it wasnt met with optimism.

respect and courtesy is very hard to come by on gtz, which is [just about] the opposite of CAG, and Goozex.

Like Barack Obama said its time for a change.

am i ranting now?

its 540am..i should be sleeping..

No knock on their site but my experience with GameTZ hasn't necessarily been the greatest. Out of all my trade offers I've never received any response from a single soul on that site. I find it much harder to trade on that site, and I find CAG's community much more appealing with it's mature user base and mods. Frankly CAG is much more readable as apposed to the repetitive "roflcopters" and/or "LOL", etc. I say GameTZ is perfect for the younger generation of gamers, maybe 12-16 year olds.

I've been a user on GTZ for a few years now. (New here... though I swear I had created an account a while back.) I've met some good people on the forums there. But it is full to the brim with immaturity and all the other crap that has been mentioned here.

I would like to address a few points in this thread though:

- You do not have to pay anything to use all the trading features (See here re: subscribing - http://gametz.com/SubWhy.html )
- Yes, it's spelled with a Z. Because the Z stands for Zone (Game Trading Zone).
- It does look dated, but has been built entirely by the site owner and it is really pleasant to use once you settle in. Fast too.
- Oh, and the fact that you haven't heard about it before doesn't make it not relevant. The site has been around since 1997 and facilitates thousands of trades a year.
- We're not all idiots over there. Honest. :)

Those are the only ones I remember wanting to clarify.

[quote name='sandpaperback']I've been a user on GTZ for a few years now. (New here... though I swear I had created an account a while back.) I've met some good people on the forums there. But it is full to the brim with immaturity and all the other crap that has been mentioned here.

I would like to address a few points in this thread though:

- You do not have to pay anything to use all the trading features (See here re: subscribing - http://gametz.com/SubWhy.html )
- Yes, it's spelled with a Z. Because the Z stands for Zone (Game Trading Zone).
- It does look dated, but has been built entirely by the site owner and it is really pleasant to use once you settle in. Fast too.
- Oh, and the fact that you haven't heard about it before doesn't make it not relevant. The site has been around since 1997 and facilitates thousands of trades a year.
- We're not all idiots over there. Honest. :)

Those are the only ones I remember wanting to clarify.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

yea i dont think any site/forum group has a complete user base that lacks maturity.i just think these threads that were posted repped what is bad about that community. I mean how immature can you get by making sigs like that of Cheapy and consequently thread crap other users who are just asking questions or giving their own feedback of what they like and dont like. I mean even that guy "Bill" who i think is the site owner from the way he spoke, doesnt even care what is going on. I think facilitatiing trades is easy anywhere. Its all about the person your dealing with. i do agree, Trade lists do get buried here and its tough to look for trades...but hopefully after the new trade system gets invoked, things will be better....but this site was intended to find the cheapest deals on games...and its worked superbly. We do trade here but i dont think that was the main purpose of CAG. Its why comparing the two sites is apples and oranges. GamesTZ just meant to facilitate trades between its user base while CAG is meant for deals on games and thats it. Trading here is just another sub forum that users here govern themselves. I mean the front pages of the two sites speak for themselves as to how different each one is.

its just too bad the users at GamesTZ dont see it that way. infact i dont know anyone else who sees it that way. The Site Owner did his job and achieved his dream of starting an internet site that is loaded with traffic all day every day. But there is no need to insult CAG because we happend to trade games here to. And whats so bad about saving money on games. Its like the people there think its a sin to do it and would rather pay full price for a game. and it sucks taht the only excuse is that they are 12. I feel like thats an out and that site owner should step up and stop the immaturity but he instead feeds in to it even more.

Never heard of that site before, browsed around, I can see why people go there to trade games - CAG wasn't set-up for that in mind, but In February, CAG are supposed to have an update to the site that focuses on game trading so do they feel threatened because of this news?

Sites like gametz are the reason I ebay nearly all my used games these days. You can trade books, DVDs and CDs for free with ease online, it's truely amazing how well gametz and it's wonderful members have managed to complicate and fuckup game trading.

[quote name='evanft']GTZ's trade matching system is the best I've ever used.[/quote]Wait until February ;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Sites like gametz are the reason I ebay nearly all my used games these days. You can trade books, DVDs and CDs for free with ease online, it's truely amazing how well gametz and it's wonderful members have managed to complicate and fuckup game trading.[/quote]

I'm kinda curious about the bolded part. Are you talking about the "Swap" series of sites?

I guess knowing where you last posted in a thread without having to look forever makes for a shitty forum. I guess being able to see who you have matches with is shitty and having a chat to find trades sucks too. CAG is very poorly laid out, you couldn't find something you posted ten minutes prior. And judging by the looks of it, no CAG cock suckers have more than 3 trades when they are trashing GTZ. GTZ is better, case closed.

[quote name='jericho69']I guess knowing where you last posted in a thread without having to look forever makes for a shitty forum. I guess being able to see who you have matches with is shitty and having a chat to find trades sucks too. CAG is very poorly laid out, you couldn't find something you posted ten minutes prior. And judging by the looks of it, no CAG cock suckers have more than 3 trades when they are trashing GTZ. GTZ is better, case closed.[/quote]Wow, if things are so bad on CAG, then why does my 497 iTrader with 857 total trades put me in the top 20 traders on GTZ, if I did the same trades on GTZ? If the site was so bad, and the system was so bad, why have I managed to do so many deals on CAG without having any issues? I laugh at your trading numbers on GTZ, and frankly, you're making comparisons to a site where game trading isn't its primary focus is pretty sad.

Now, wait, I don't think I'd be using GTZ, as the site looks amateruish, the people on there look like GameFAQs rejects, and the trading system is far more complicated than it needs to be. On a quick glance alone, I'd never use GTZ.

Plus, we will have a new trading system and game management system that will make GTZ look like the dinosaur site that it is.

Go back to GTZ, or GameFAQs, if they decide to unban you, because I'm quite sure you're on GTZ because you were kicked off GameFAQs.

Last edited by a moderator:
People should just use what they like without this non-sensical loyalty to a site or hatred of others.

Use whatever suits you best, and don't waste time worrying about other options out there. I prefer Goozex as it's automated and I don't have to communicate with others to trade or recieve games, and I don't mind waiting a few months for new releases to come available.

For other GTZ or CAG fit their trading needs better. No need to be silly and argue over what site is best.

[quote name='jericho69']I guess knowing where you last posted in a thread without having to look forever makes for a shitty forum. I guess being able to see who you have matches with is shitty and having a chat to find trades sucks too. CAG is very poorly laid out, you couldn't find something you posted ten minutes prior. And judging by the looks of it, no CAG cock suckers have more than 3 trades when they are trashing GTZ. GTZ is better, case closed.[/quote]

if this is who i think it is, dont even worry about what hes saying.

He's one of the top trollers on gtz, rude, annoying, and never contributes anything positive to anything.

CheapyD - Im looking foward to next month, dont dissapoint :)

EDIT: Yup, its him.

So a site I've never heard of, focused on something in which I've no interest, doesn't like this site?

Let me know when they become more legible than a 1995 issue of Die Hard Game Fan. I might muster some concern then.

GameTZ's system is better (not the look, but the system anyway), but I've always had a terrible time trading on there. Nobody seems to want to negotiate, at least 8/10 of my trade offers are just denied with no explanation. I've had a much better time trading on here, even though it takes more work.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wait until February ;)[/QUOTE]

And once again, Cheapy keeps the users in suspense with his obligatory vague reply referencing a future update. Huzzah!

In all seriousness, I can't wait for an updated trading feature.

Oh, its for real. John will have a post up soon teasing the new features. I believe the new Price Tracker is up first.

In case you missed it on the CAGcast, any CAG who participated in the Child's Play fundraiser will get get first crack at the beta on or before Feb 1.

Of course there will be other ways into the beta, but they will be first.

bread's done
Back