GametTZ has an interesting thread about us

[quote name='kube00']I prefer CAG for the small amount of trading I do, for the podcasts, the great threads, CheapyD, Wombat, the Shipwrecks, and for the good video game deals.[/quote]

I just like it because it's not GameFAQs. Could the people on that forum bend over any further for Shigeru Miyamoto?

I like their polls...
Do you have a Wii?
a.) Yes
b.) No, I'm going to buy one soon.
c.) No, I'm going to buy one even sooner.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wait until February ;)[/quote]Once I saw GameTZ had this awesome matching feature, I clicked to sign up. Once I saw your post, I closed the tab. Cannot wait.

And let's face it, CAG is smooth and easy on the eyes. That site may have been around for 10 years but it doesn't have to look 10 years old.

[quote name='CheapyD']Oh, its for real. John will have a post up soon teasing the new features. I believe the new Price Tracker is up first.

In case you missed it on the CAGcast, any CAG who participated in the Child's Play fundraiser will get get first crack at the beta on or before Feb 1.

Of course there will be other ways into the beta, but they will be first.[/quote]

A beta? Really? You're having a beta for a bunch of features that are really just aping those from other web sites? Really?

[quote name='evanft']A beta? Really? You're having a beta for a bunch of features that are really just aping those from other web sites? Really?[/quote]

So much anger.

When a company builds a car with four wheels like many other existing cars on the roads today, they tend to test drive the car before letting the public drive it down highways and byways.

Unless those features are direct links to those other websites, a testing period should be in order.

new trade system could make up 4 this sites past injustices like affirmative action made up.of course it will still be remembered the bad things this site did just like affirmative action but it will make up part of it of course.

[quote name='RLeav20717']is it Feb yet? i need to get off this stupid fucking site (gtz)[/QUOTE]

I do feel sorry for you, being probably one of the most picked on users at Gametz....all because you killed a cat or something...those assholes.

[quote name='evanft']A beta? Really? You're having a beta for a bunch of features that are really just aping those from other web sites? Really?[/quote]

You have no idea what you are talking about or what we are doing. Really.

[quote name='jericho69']I guess knowing where you last posted in a thread without having to look forever makes for a shitty forum. I guess being able to see who you have matches with is shitty and having a chat to find trades sucks too. CAG is very poorly laid out, you couldn't find something you posted ten minutes prior. And judging by the looks of it, no CAG cock suckers have more than 3 trades when they are trashing GTZ. GTZ is better, case closed.[/quote]

Hi, GTZ sucks penis. My penis to be precise. It does so on-demand, which sometimes is often. It sucks my penis so hard, that well, it is hard.

Hi, I have more than 3 trades. You may now commence the suckling of my left man-teet.

Oh, your new name is Mr. Cocksucker.

Edit - lulznoob, urghey, gtfo, suck it, ur face, so on, so forth, etc. etc.

If I forgot anything, let me know.

[quote name='TMNT']I do feel sorry for you, being probably one of the most picked on users at Gametz....all because you killed a cat or something...those assholes.[/quote]

FILTERED

On a side note, the guy who runs this site even thinks CAG trading sucks, he only has six trades. Don't be surprised when the scandal that he is really a GTZ trader comes out.

[quote name='jericho69']FILTERED

On a side note, the guy who runs this site even thinks CAG trading sucks, he only has six trades. Don't be surprised when the scandal that he is really a GTZ trader comes out.[/QUOTE]

Who brought this guy here?

I'm no super poster or nothin' but I mean, seriously? Ripping on the site owner... on his own site... okay...

[quote name='Ahadi']Who brought this guy here?

I'm no super poster or nothin' but I mean, seriously? Ripping on the site owner... on his own site... okay...[/quote]

No no don't get me wrong, CAG is a great site to find video game deals, blows GTZ out of the water in that respect, if I want penny guides I come here. It just isn't a good trading site...that's all.

[quote name='CheapyD']You have no idea what you are talking about or what we are doing. Really.[/quote]

All I know is what you've openly discussed on the CAGcast and on the forums. A lot of what you've talked about has basically sounded like stuff that sites like GameTZ, TGN, or Goozex do already, though I imagine with a better interface and with the benefit of the superior CAG community. Now, if you've got something up your sleeve that's really unique, like some sort of system that picks up the games in a deal post, catalogs the deals, and then allows one to track them to get an idea of where the price of a game has been or is going, that's great, but I haven't heard hide nor hair of such things. I'm sure the collection and matching system will be more visually appealing or perhaps easier to use than GTZ's system, but I haven't heard anything that makes me think it'll really blow it away in terms of core features and functionality.

[quote name='jericho69']No no don't get me wrong, CAG is a great site to find video game deals, blows GTZ out of the water in that respect, if I want penny guides I come here. It just isn't a good trading site...that's all.[/QUOTE]

So don't trade here?

I'm sure the emphasis of this site is the trading aspect. I don't think your argument holds much weight... apples to oranges is all I'm seeing.

The whole GTZ vs CAG argument started because of the best trading site thread though so I think it is completely relavent in this situation.

On a side note, the guy who runs this site even thinks CAG trading sucks, he only has six trades. Don't be surprised when the scandal that he is really a GTZ trader comes out.[/quote]Uh, once again, you open your mouth without checking for the lack of your brain.

Just because Cheapy doesn't trade on CAG very much at all doesn't mean he thinks it sucks. :roll:

The leaps in your logic, they're so wide, you could run a aircraft carrier through them. Stop trying to put things into them that aren't there.

And to you, I think Cheapy's post to another CAG sums it up about your views:
[quote name='CheapyD']You have no idea what you are talking about or what we are doing. Really.[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']
The leaps in your logic, they're so wide, you could run a aircraft carrier through them. Stop trying to put things into them that aren't there.[/QUOTE]

For emphasis.

And the relevance of the argument seems rather moot to me. I'm not 100% sure, but hasn't GTZ recieved best trading site as part of the Cheapy Awards in the past? The site has obviously gotten credit where credit was due, I just feel that continuing to push your argument is trying to roll a log up a really steep hill. You're gonna get rolled over by a lot of big logs 'round these parts.

That tiny, shitty site is only pissing and moaning because they can't turn the number of trades CAG does and CAG isn't even a pure trading site.

And folks really should wait until the new site goes live before making judgments about it.

I'm on CAG, Goozex, and GameTZ and I like all of them. It's not like rooting for the Yankees and the Red Sox. It's like shopping at Target and Wal-Mart instead of just limiting yourself to one store....

Most people here seem to get that but others won't. I still don't see why this became such a big deal. One dude on GameTZ got a little crazy with his sig. It's a personal issue and we shouldn't be in the cyber streets ready to go at it like the Jets and the Sharks.

[quote name='jer7583']I never realized people could hate CAG.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I LOVE this site!:grouphug:It's one of the best(IMO)forums period! Most of the people are cool, it is ACTUALLY possible to have serious intelligent convo, also it is possible to have goofy, funny, discussion.

It's a one-stop site, you can get great deals, trade, and converse with others.

The thing that's best about CAG is that there is a sense of general unity and it actually feels like a community(but only on the interwebz).

On a side note, the guy who runs this site even thinks CAG trading sucks, he only has six trades. Don't be surprised when the scandal that he is really a GTZ trader comes out.[/quote]

troll to the end, eh josh?

I also use both sites, with a small side of Digital Press on the off chance that I find something that is really unusual.

And yes, each site does have its own pros and cons.

While GameTZ does have a nice matching system, good luck actually getting trades for some of the so-called "rarities". There are people with a nasty little habit of having items on the tradelist and being unwilling to trade them at all, or unless the trade is immensely in their favor. (ex: JoeBlow gets Final Fantasy VII, sailorneorune gets Snood)

The overvaluing thing extends to all sites; for example, the Amazon Marketplace is full of all kinds of delightful chaps who pulled their asking prices out of their respective bums. A local chain of stores is starting to follow this lead, ensuring that the copy of Tomba sitting at $75 will sit there until I TURN 75.

Both sites have a PM system with alerts. CAG's is a lot more obvious than a little letter icon.

GameTZ has a bit more organization on its trade boards (Console Marketplace for PS1 and newer console games, Portable Marketplace for GBA/DS/PSP/etc.), but if your thread ends up in the wrong place by accident, you are told very quickly by everyone and their mother.

The post feedback system has got to fucking GO. One thing that is nice about CAG is the lack of this system, meaning that some spiteful, gutless twit can't go around negging people they don't agree with for stupid shit. There is someone who goes around doing this to me because they may be thoroughly convinced that I am a communist. My values do differ from the majority - so what?

Also, another thing I've noticed is the public humiliation of any poor bastard stupid enough to scam someone (or multiple someones) here. People rally together to nail the scumbag to the nearest available wall. Most of the time, when this happens to people, they are met with "LOL"s and "sucks to be you"s.

GameTZ does have the Bad Trader Report viewable on the bio pages of the no-good jerks, but the offending trader can just drop off the face of the earth. Also, if these reports are removed, anyone daring to trade with said bastard may be none the wiser. I guess in either case it's just best to ask.

I've built up quite a few trades on GameTZ (95) as well as CAG (25) with good, honest people.

GOOD. HONEST. PEOPLE. The existence of these people is what makes all trading sites go 'round. So enough with the fighting already.

Can't we all just get along?

CAG is hands down the best trading/deal site, because it is the only site with an
Icon
, not just any
Icon
but
D_Icon.

I just started trading at GTZ in early January, and have gotten 3 trades so far, and two pending which are all going good.

But god damn, almost everyone I talk to in their stupid chat seems to be a dumb ass /b/ tard.

[quote name='js1']Me too. I LOVE this site!:grouphug:It's one of the best(IMO)forums period! Most of the people are cool, it is ACTUALLY possible to have serious intelligent convo, also it is possible to have goofy, funny, discussion.

It's a one-stop site, you can get great deals, trade, and converse with others.

The thing that's best about CAG is that there is a sense of general unity and it actually feels like a community(but only on the interwebz).[/QUOTE]

Thee-is. I've gotten some good trades on GameTZ but I'd never consider using it as any sort of place to talk about videogames in general.

Every site has their pros and cons. As you can see from my sig, I have quite a good (actually, great) trade rep on there, with a decent amount on CAG as well as Goozex. I use all 3 to maximize my gaming needs.

But to claim that CAG has no douchebags and GTZ is all douchebags is ignorant. Every site has douchebags, non-gaming ones included. Have you ever read comments on kotaku, ESPN, or yahoo? Idiots run amuck the internet.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wait until February ;)[/quote]

I am definitely intrested to see trading setup here when it rolls out. CAG right now is about as user friendly for trading as a law journal.

With 2 clicks of a button I can see who wants my copy of Persona 4 and see what games they have that are on my wanted list.

The only way to do that here currently is to read thru the trade thread of every single user on the site.

The forums can be a bit crazy but honestly who cares. I mean every site has its idiots. I've had people here on CAG act like I owe them games and guides I got on sales and should send it to them so cheap i'd lose money in the process.

bread's done
Back