Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

I waited over two months for them to send me a single game on my list, they never did so I finally canelled after using them for a year. It's sad-- they went from being a pretty good deal to the worst online rental service in history.

I think the site has potential but with such a small stock of games and movies it hurts to pay a monthly fee and still get nothing.

When I first started with them, they were a pretty decent service but went it took a month to send a game i just cancelled my subscription. Even though Gamefly is more expensive, it is definitely the better service. I guess you get what you pay for.

Wow. This place sucks. I called to cancel on 4/8 and was told a refund would be issued within 30 days. I noticed that they charged me for another month (now two months since I just got a chance to call today) and they are refusing to give a refund. Apparently their TOS states YOU have to cancel your account online. They never mentioned that to me on the phone.

The kicker is I had 13 games in my queue and in 3 months time I never received a single one of them. I never imagined I would have an issue getting a refund when they NEVER sent me any games.

[quote name='rujin']Don't understand how they can treat there customers so bad and the BBB does nothing.[/QUOTE]

What the heck do you want the BBB to do? Most people seem to have some strange delusion that it is a government entity with actual power over companies... but that's simply not the case. From their website:

"I filed a complaint with the BBB. The business has not responded. Why can't the BBB make a business satisfy my complaint?

When a BBB receives a complaint, we present the complaint to the business and request its assistance in working out the problem with the unhappy customer. Most businesses are grateful for the opportunity to resolve problems with their customers since it often means their patronage will be preserved.

BBB accredited businesses agree to respond to consumer complaints presented by the BBB, and lose their accredited business status if they do not. Most other businesses, regardless of whether they are BBB accredited businesses, also cooperate with the BBB.

However, some businesses do not want to work with the BBB and/or their customers to resolve complaints. Because we are not a government or law enforcement agency, we cannot force a reply from a business; nor can we administer sanctions. However, a business' unwillingness to respond to us or a customer will be noted in the business' reliability report we provide to the public. The customer is free to pursue other alternatives such as legal action."

[quote name='jkanownik']Wow. This place sucks. I called to cancel on 4/8 and was told a refund would be issued within 30 days. I noticed that they charged me for another month (now two months since I just got a chance to call today) and they are refusing to give a refund. Apparently their TOS states YOU have to cancel your account online. They never mentioned that to me on the phone.

The kicker is I had 13 games in my queue and in 3 months time I never received a single one of them. I never imagined I would have an issue getting a refund when they NEVER sent me any games.[/QUOTE]

When I signed up a couple years back I *couldn't* cancel. Site wouldn't let me, and customer service (ha!) completely ignored my requests. They also ignored the BBB when I ended up reporting them, and then ignored my credit card company! Luckily my credit card company wasn't terribly impressed with being ignored :D I was on the phone when a credit card rep tried calling them directly with a number we don't have access to, and SHE couldn't get anywhere. She said something like "wow..." and I'm like "yeah, that's pretty much how it's gone for me too".

[quote name='rujin']Don't understand how they can treat there customers so bad and the BBB does nothing.[/QUOTE]

The BBB doesn't have any power over them-all they can do is report their (terrible) rating, and it's up to people to actually believe it and not use the service. Unfortunately a year or two ago when the BBB had already given them like a D-/unacceptable rating there were people STILL willing to sign up with them. This company doesn't even bother responding to the BBB most of the time.

[quote name='Decker']It's sad-- they went from being a pretty good deal to the worst online rental service in history.[/quote]Yeah, it's quite sad.

I haven't been into online videogame rental for a while, but I'd been recommending them over GF, from a good year or so of a clear lack of comparison between the two services.

After seeing the damage done for myself, in a recent trial, I just feel stupid. Where did it go wrong?

I had this service for about a year and called it quits at the start of 08. I had 1 out out at a time service and it would take 10-14 days to return a game and get a new one. I found the service to be sub-standard.

Not to prolong this issue or anything, but as far as comparing GnF to Gamefly, I recently jumped on board for another 30 day Gamefly membership thanks to the 400 MS points offer ($5.95), and man, their service really isn't that much better.

Out of 13 games in my queue, I've only been able to get my #8 game sent to me (Mass Effect). Anything that's relatively new is all on "low" to "super low" to "forget about it!" availability. This includes Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, NCAA 09, Boom Blox, Civilization Revolution, etc.

So basically, it looks like you have to request games that are at least 6 months old to stand a chance of getting anything. Hmm...sound familiar? What the hell is wrong with online rental companies? There's no way I'm keeping this Gamefly account past the month because it's just not worth it to pay that much money only to be able to get games I sort of want.

With a game like Mass Effect, it would take me the whole month to enjoy it anyway, so at least now it was a game rental for $5.95...but once the price goes up, it's a huge rip off. I wish Blockbuster would expand their game rental services so Gamefly would have some real competition.

[quote name='rujin']Don't understand how they can treat there customers so bad and the BBB does nothing.[/quote]

Yeah, the angry guy summed it up... the BBB pretty much works between the 2 parties for a positive outcome. If the other party will not respond not much happens.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not to prolong this issue or anything, but as far as comparing GnF to Gamefly, I recently jumped on board for another 30 day Gamefly membership thanks to the 400 MS points offer ($5.95), and man, their service really isn't that much better.

Out of 13 games in my queue, I've only been able to get my #8 game sent to me (Mass Effect). Anything that's relatively new is all on "low" to "super low" to "forget about it!" availability. This includes Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, NCAA 09, Boom Blox, Civilization Revolution, etc.

So basically, it looks like you have to request games that are at least 6 months old to stand a chance of getting anything. Hmm...sound familiar? What the hell is wrong with online rental companies? There's no way I'm keeping this Gamefly account past the month because it's just not worth it to pay that much money only to be able to get games I sort of want.

With a game like Mass Effect, it would take me the whole month to enjoy it anyway, so at least now it was a game rental for $5.95...but once the price goes up, it's a huge rip off. I wish Blockbuster would expand their game rental services so Gamefly would have some real competition.[/quote]

I feel your pain! I checked the 360 selection at Gamefly and counted only 31 of 384 titles as available now, mostly all shitty old sports titles. Takes at least 4-5 days for them to get a game off my queue to send it! Making it well over a week turnaround. I'm going to start looking elsewhere.

I'm glad I saw this thread, I know where I won't be taking my business.

I did the gameznflix thing and it was worth while for a bit although it was a hassle, they definitely throttle the new customer queues. I complained once about not getting anything for a month or two and they gave me a couple months of free service. You get what you pay for here. I had gamefly too for $6 a month with that brighttv deal thing back then, so I used that to get specific games I wanted.

[quote name='bustamark']I feel your pain! I checked the 360 selection at Gamefly and counted only 31 of 384 titles as available now, mostly all shitty old sports titles. Takes at least 4-5 days for them to get a game off my queue to send it! Making it well over a week turnaround. I'm going to start looking elsewhere.

I'm glad I saw this thread, I know where I won't be taking my business.[/quote]

The problem is, Gamefly is "the best there is" right now...and even their service has gotten worse. They claim to have 4 shipping centers now, but I swear, this must order LESS games because as you said, hardly anything is avaliable. I know video games are more expensive than ever, and idiots damaging them must really eat into their profits, but you'd think SOMEBODY could come up with a better system.

I'm starting to believe that it really is just too expensive of a business for anyone to offer "good service". Maybe there's a reason Blockbuster doesn't do online game rental.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The problem is, Gamefly is "the best there is" right now...and even their service has gotten worse. They claim to have 4 shipping centers now, but I swear, this must order LESS games because as you said, hardly anything is avaliable. I know video games are more expensive than ever, and idiots damaging them must really eat into their profits, but you'd think SOMEBODY could come up with a better system.

I'm starting to believe that it really is just too expensive of a business for anyone to offer "good service". Maybe there's a reason Blockbuster doesn't do online game rental.[/quote]

honestly I think this just reflects a lack of exciting new releases as of late. we're all competing over the same slim pickings of new hotness.

I just signed up for gameznflix and they charged my card $9.75 but there was an error in the sign up process and now it says I'm not a member.

Is this site a scam or something? Why would it charge my card when I can't even login?

[quote name='aoLat']I just signed up for gameznflix and they charged my card $9.75 but there was an error in the sign up process and now it says I'm not a member.

Is this site a scam or something? Why would it charge my card when I can't even login?[/quote]
Yes?.... Did you even read the current page?? The one before has some good info too letting you know its a horrible service.

[quote name='aoLat']I just signed up for gameznflix and they charged my card $9.75 but there was an error in the sign up process and now it says I'm not a member.

Is this site a scam or something? Why would it charge my card when I can't even login?[/quote]

I don't know why you would sign up, but this is called an authorization charge. If the charge really did not go through, it will go away in like 3-5 days.

call your CC company. thats what I did when they didn't send my any games for 2 months.

If you plan on having the service for 3 months, its a good deal. Anything longer and your ROI is nill

bad thing is gamefly now has too many shipping centers.

when they had one shipping center they knew the games they had on hand but now it seems to be a guessing game

If your shipping center is mostly Pitt say

they have 0 copies of FF 4 at pitt but 7 copies today at Cali.

well since they have none in your normal shipping center now you got to wait a day before they send out the game.

so if they say the game shipped monday it really never shipped to tuesday .

the last 3 games i had took 10 days to get to me. i got credit once the other 2 times they said please allow up to 14 days to get your game since its shipping for another location.

since gameflly is the only choice you have if you want to rent DS/PSP games you have to just deal with it

[quote name='slidecage']bad thing is gamefly now has too many shipping centers.

when they had one shipping center they knew the games they had on hand but now it seems to be a guessing game

If your shipping center is mostly Pitt say

they have 0 copies of FF 4 at pitt but 7 copies today at Cali.

well since they have none in your normal shipping center now you got to wait a day before they send out the game.[/quote]

This makes sense. I always love it when companies think they can expand without actually having to make any further investment. I understand that having multiple shipping centers uses resources, but if you don't have enough games to stock each shipping center, you're just wasting your money.

[quote name='slidecage']since gameflly is the only choice you have if you want to rent DS/PSP games you have to just deal with it[/quote]

Not true. www.gottaplay.com. Not only do they rent DS and PSP games, but GBA as well. Not saying they're any better by any means, but you do have options.

[quote name='lucao']damn thats a good price[/quote]

Haha, I love this! The price is such a good deal, you just yearn for it to not suck. Even reading everything people have said, and going against your better judgment, it's STILL tempting. Having this thread pulled back up even had me looking over their website again.

If their dvd/blu-ray service was better, I'd really consider signing up again. That's all I want really; good movie service with the ability to get a game every once in awhile. Basically, I want Blockbuster's old plan before they got rid of the 2 in-store coupons per month. That was really rental perfection.

Look guys, this is stupid. "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

PLEASE, use take this quote to heart when considering this site. All you'll be doing is giving them your money. Chances are, you MAY recieve a game or 2 within a month. I don't know how many times other fellow CAG's and I have to say it, but...

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

[quote name='slidecage']since gameflly is the only choice you have if you want to rent DS/PSP games you have to just deal with it[/quote]

Blockbuster has had PSP games for a good while now, and just recently started carrying DS games.

These guys used to be a legitimate company like 2 yrs ago. But now they are just crooks. Avoid these slim balls at all costs. They are SUPER QUICK to charge your CC, but terrible at ever sending you any games. Trying to cancel is a hassle and GOD HELP YOU if you ever need to contact their customer service department. Just search their consumer ratings . YOU WILL BE HORRIFIED! Avoid these fuckers at all costs. I now use BlockBuster's service... it's way more expensive, but at least I actually GET games in exchange for my money. If you're still tempted to sign-up for GnF, I'd suggest just setting your $12.75 on fire each month... this way you'll receive at least SOME entertainment value for your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='polly']Blockbuster has had PSP games for a good while now, and just recently started carrying DS games.[/quote]

This only applies if you consider Gamepass to be a "deal".

I recently signed up for the Gamefly free trial and i got two games which two weeks LOL and i'd played both and sent back and finally a game was sent to me but after a week it never showed so i reported it as missing but it's still sitting in my queue....whats up with that...will they try to charge me since i never got the game...anyone else have this happen????

[quote name='epmoto200']If you're still tempted to sign-up for GnF, I'd suggest just setting your $12.75 on fire each month... this way you'll receive at least SOME entertainment value for your money.[/quote]

LOL.

It's funny because it's true.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] Basically, I want Blockbuster's old plan before they got rid of the 2 in-store coupons per month. That was really rental perfection.[/quote]

Amen brother.

bread's done
Back