Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

Ah jeez, just signed up for a free trial to rent some 360 games and I guess they won't let you rent any games unless they are over a year old or some shit.

Selection is terrible.

[quote name='prayformojo']If you want NEW games do not sign up for this service. The have not added any new XBOX 360 releases since mid-May (except for Forza 2 and Monster Madness) and the have been slow to add Wii new releases during the same time. Unless things change dramatically in the next few weeks, I'm out when my latest month is up. I have been a member for a year and a half and they have never been this bad about adding new games. What is interesting is that I read an article stating that GameznFlix received an unsolicited purchase offer around the time they stopped buying new games. Could they be cutting down on new purchases due to a pending sale? Regardless I would wait and see if the service improves again, Gamefly and Gamerang are more expensive, but at least they have the newer games.[/QUOTE]
Just called them at their new phone number. They say that not having any new games was the result of a huge ordering error and that they will be fixing it very soon. We shall see...

[quote name='Decker']Just called them at their new phone number. They say that not having any new games was the result of a huge ordering error and that they will be fixing it very soon. We shall see...[/quote]
Thats funny... I called yesterday and spoke to a girl who took 5 minutes to explain to me their threshold and queing system. That how they wont order a game in bulk, or at all, until the game gets a certain number of requests (people adding it to their queue). She flat out told me that they got a new shipment in recently, but that she recalled only a few new 360 titles, CnC and Monster Madness in the mix. I proceeded to ask about my backlog of on order games and movies, and she once again referenced the 'thresholding' system. After asking me how long those titles had been on order, she told me "I wouldnt base your membership with us on receiving those titles" and "Don't hold your breath. If they've been on order for a month or two after release, we probably aren't getting them. Not enough people would have requested them, there just wasn't the demand"

I added a ton of ready to ship Wii games to my queue and took out everything else. I'm sitting w/ 2 items (movies) out, and I'm really hoping a 3rd ships soon. I've never been able to get them to push out a wii game before.
If I can't get them working in the right direction, I'm jumping ship for gamefly, or just paying for games again.

Anyone w/ GameFly know how fast theyve been stocking new releases?

Gamefly, in my experience, is FANTASTIC for stocking new games. I've even gotten one shipped to me the day before the official release date.

Yeah, I've never had an issue with Gamefly not actually having games. I mean I'm sure a super popular title you might have to wait a bit (I shudder to think what will happen with Halo :roll: ), but they actually have what they say they have.

I've gotten stuff that's no longer in print and has a long wait time before too.

I'm done with Gameznflix. I had 20 games in my queue, half new, half old, and they failed to ship me a single game after 14 days.

Signed up with a new service, received two games that were released within the last month immediately.

After a few games sitting in my queue as On Order *forever*, I just submitted a ticket to see what the deal was. Here's what happened:

Question:
Just curious why the main system pages often refer to a game as "Recently Released" but it's listed as "On Order" once it hits the queue -- and why they take so long to get in stock. For example, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the XBOX 360 was released back in March and has been On Order for a very, very long time ... I fear a lot of other new, upcoming games will suffer the same fate -- still not in stock 3+ months after release.

Could you help clear all that up? Thank you!

Solution:
Although our site says that on order items will be shipped within 30 days, sometimes this process can take longer than that. We apologize for this. However, if the items are on order longer than 60days it is most likely that we will not be carrying the items, the on order process is based on the demand of how many members actually want the items, If the on order items are not available at that time. We do have an option to allow you to purchase the item/items, Thank you for your time and patience.

So there it is -- straight from Gameznflix.

As for what it means ... well, if there's a game On Order for a long while, count on it NEVER being carried. That is, unless a swarm of gamers add it to their queue. One may need to rent elsewhere or buy these more "niche" (according to GNF) titles. Which is, of course, misleading -- because the games are NOT, in fact, "On Order."

Bigger/more "popular" titles will likely be carried more extensively -- which explains why I never get Earth Defense Force 2017 (even though it's been planted as #1 in my queue forever), but instead get FFXII, God of War II and GRAW2.

As for what newer titles will be carried, let's hope Mass Effect, Bioshock, The Darkness and a crapload of others are "popular" enough for GNF to carry them. Only time will tell. But for now, I'm happy playing the stuff I missed over the past 18 months.

Call Of Juarez & Tenchu Z just made it's way off the "on order' list, but the availabilty meter doesn't seem to be at about halfway mark for CoJ.

I haven't checked any others like Shadowrun, WarTech, & etc. Dirt and etc are still "on order" though. Finally, and good luck getting one of these.

[quote name='tuning.sensei']Everytime something gets made "available," it feels like Christmas morning.[/QUOTE]

the kind of Christmas that you hope for that great new game and all you get is socks & underwear.

Circuit City promotes (or used to promote) GameznFlix big time. If Circuit City backs it up then don't expect too much.

Good deal though.

i cant believe i signed up again with them.. o well atleast its cheap..

everything though is on order which is gay... i hoped they had improved

Glad they've added a few newer games. Darkness finally came in.

I'm not overly impressed with their new game inventory, but fuck they're fast. I kid you not : I dropped a game off at the Post Office on the way to work this morning in Vegas, and tonight it shows as RETURNED in California. My head almost exploded with that one.

For the second time my copy of college hoops 2k7 came cracked..... And to piss me off more they shipped college hoops 2k6 to me since it was on my queue. Why... They weren't even near each other in my queue

[quote name='Kylearan']After a few games sitting in my queue as On Order *forever*, I just submitted a ticket to see what the deal was. Here's what happened:

Question:
Just curious why the main system pages often refer to a game as "Recently Released" but it's listed as "On Order" once it hits the queue -- and why they take so long to get in stock. For example, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the XBOX 360 was released back in March and has been On Order for a very, very long time ... I fear a lot of other new, upcoming games will suffer the same fate -- still not in stock 3+ months after release.

Could you help clear all that up? Thank you!

Solution:
Although our site says that on order items will be shipped within 30 days, sometimes this process can take longer than that. We apologize for this. However, if the items are on order longer than 60days it is most likely that we will not be carrying the items, the on order process is based on the demand of how many members actually want the items, If the on order items are not available at that time. We do have an option to allow you to purchase the item/items, Thank you for your time and patience.

So there it is -- straight from Gameznflix.

As for what it means ... well, if there's a game On Order for a long while, count on it NEVER being carried. That is, unless a swarm of gamers add it to their queue. One may need to rent elsewhere or buy these more "niche" (according to GNF) titles. Which is, of course, misleading -- because the games are NOT, in fact, "On Order."

Bigger/more "popular" titles will likely be carried more extensively -- which explains why I never get Earth Defense Force 2017 (even though it's been planted as #1 in my queue forever), but instead get FFXII, God of War II and GRAW2.

As for what newer titles will be carried, let's hope Mass Effect, Bioshock, The Darkness and a crapload of others are "popular" enough for GNF to carry them. Only time will tell. But for now, I'm happy playing the stuff I missed over the past 18 months.[/QUOTE]

This also seems to suggest that we should all load our lists in advance with whatever titles they put up, just to ensure they'll order them around release.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']This also seems to suggest that we should all load our lists in advance with whatever titles they put up, just to ensure they'll order them around release.[/quote]

Seriously. If everyone who reads this thread and has gameznflix puts all the advanced orders in the qeue, that might get them ordered.

I just sent back two moovies at the same time, but only one was marked as recieved so far by GnF. I contacted customer service about it. Still waiting for a reply.

Well, this will be my final month with gameznflix. They just torched their on order status on movies and about 30 have vanished off the site that were listed as on order (most of which were recent release. no night at the museum? wtf)

I'll sign up with gamefly at a later date. Right now I have a movie and game pass at blockbuster which was accidently buy one get the other free >_

[quote name='R0wdi']Has anyone had to deal with a lost game or movie so far? If so, what do they do?[/QUOTE]

They make you wait 10 days from the ship date to report it as missing. Which they should mark it off your shipped Queue items.

[quote name='retail sucks']They make you wait 10 days from the ship date to report it as missing. Which they should mark it off your shipped Queue items.[/quote]

Oh ya, do they make you call USPS or anything like that?

[quote name='R0wdi']I'm already getting shitty service on the second week, they won't ship anything even when they are at high availibility. Does anyone know a good threat to get the my service running a little better? I'm thinking of saying "If you don't ship my games in # days, I'm gonna demand a refund." Think that would work?[/QUOTE]

Tell them,

"I'll just be patient and maybe play videogames a little less frequently."

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Well, this will be my final month with gameznflix. They just torched their on order status on movies and about 30 have vanished off the site that were listed as on order (most of which were recent release. no night at the museum? wtf)

I'll sign up with gamefly at a later date. Right now I have a movie and game pass at blockbuster which was accidently buy one get the other free >_

I don't know if their site is having problems or what... but about 10 titles that I had in my queue that were listed as "On Order" are completely gone from my queue. When I try to add them again I get a popup message saying "This title is not currently available for rental".

Amazing, just when you think the service can't get any worse.

[quote name='flashburn']I don't know if their site is having problems or what... but about 10 titles that I had in my queue that were listed as "On Order" are completely gone from my queue. When I try to add them again I get a popup message saying "This title is not currently available for rental".

Amazing, just when you think the service can't get any worse.[/quote]

Yea I just noticed this last night, now all I have in my queue is Forza 2 and a bunch of old movies, seeing as Forza 2 is unlikely to be sent, but nonetheless I can always use more movies.

The Blockbuster deal is 21.99 for one game at a time. They accidently sold me a movie pass first and you can't remove it from the account. They refunded me the money for the movie pass (in store credit so I never paid anything for it) and I then paid the 21.99 for the game pass. Really good deal for me. I've gotten a ton of 360 games. The 3 they have that I need are rented out now. They have 5 of the wii games i want but again are renetd out right now. Thankfully there is about 5 psp games I want. This doesn't count rest of the stuff coming this month and movie are great since everything is always in.

On the gameznflix side of things they show hoops 2k7 as returned (mailed this am) and they placed it back in my #2 slot, gave me 30 free days blah blah blah. Now if they address my forza 2 issse (it never showing as returned but mailed back 2 weeks ago). Geez.....

I've been using GnF since about January, and to tell the truth, I don't have a big problem with the service. A movie was lost in the mail a few months back, but I just filed a support ticket and it was taken care of. I usually don't need the hottest, newest games, so title avalibility doesn't matter much to me. I'm happy playing stuff like Call of Duty 3 and Lost Planet since I only got my 360 in April. And whoo, those shipping times sure are inconsistent. I've had an item take a week to get back, and other times a game will have a two-day turnaround. Shit, it's less than 10 bucks a month. You get what you pay for.

I signed up for gameznflx and moved my netflix down...
The issue i have seen with gameznflix is getting current releases. I get the old stuff i have put on queue to add padding.
Now I also signed up for gamefly last thursday, and on friday i receive a shipping super mario party 8, whoo hooo... well guess what i have received 2 more gameznflix discs whil i am still waiting for the gamefly to show up...
I will give them that 4th was wed, but if they put it in the mail friday, it should have been to me before wed.

I questioned them on why NY is being serviced by the CA distribution center and was told PA was in startup mode... good for them, is not making me happy with the service.
heres who they say is serviced by PA...
CT, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, NC, NJ, OH, PA, RI, TN, VA, WV

So in my experience so far gameznflix wins

As noted in a few of the above posts, it looks like there was an update to the GnF site. Here are the changes I noticed:

1. Titles seem to be rotating through the various format splash screens again. (They stopped updating around April/May).

2. GnF seems to have added a fair number of new titles. Some rather obscure ones, but GnF is still missing some popular movies/games.

3. A bunch of titles that GnF doesn't stock were unceremoniously removed from users' "On Order" queues on July 4. (I am still trying to remember mine for future reference.) Some of those removed titles are still in the database, but their rent/buy buttons are grayed out and you can't add them to your "on order" queue.

Before this update, GnF switched to a Google-sponsored search (seems a little better) and changed their flash ads to mostly non-rental products.

How long does it take for them to update and send another item back?
I sent 2back to them on monday/tuesday, todays friday, still says I have them out. Just sent the 3rd back.

It is different every time. Some times they get it within 1 day and they ship another one the next day. Some times they get it next day, and they don't ship one for 3 days. I actually reduced my account from 3 to 2 out because one time took almost 10 days and I didn't feel like paying the 3 extra dollars for not playing a game. Plus I don't have the time to play as much right now so it works out fine for me.

As for The Darkness... I just got that sent to me today after waiting for 3 days after them receiving the last game.

Oh yeah, and this is the first time I have ever seen that "availability" bar not show like 90%. It was on Call of Juarez.

I have had the darkness, command & conquer, and forza2 listed in my Q in this order for around 1.5 weeks, how long do you think it will take till I get atleast 1?

[quote name='flashburn']So has anyone had a copy of "The Darkness" ship yet?[/quote]

Mine shipped the 3rd and showed up today... PS3 version.

[quote name='Lexicon']I had the darkness ship out to me today.[/QUOTE]
Just checked my account and it looks like they shipped it out yesterday. Woot!

I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my GnF. I've been an avid supporter of theirs since I signed up in January. I didn't have a problem with not being able to get newly released games...as long as I could still get newly released movies. To me, it was understandable for GnF to have difficulty supplying the games, considering games cost $50-$60, while a new release movie is only $20 (not counting BD/HD-DVD). Therefore, they should have a 3:1 ratio of new movies to games. I didn't think this was unreasonable for the price they charge.

However, since early/mid May, they've completely dropped off with their DVD selection. I find myself renting movies that I just never got around to seeing just so I'll have something shipped. This is no longer acceptable. The problem is, the gap between this service and "good" service price wise is very large. I'd be willing to spend $20 a month for my gaming/movie rentals, but no more than that. Anybody have any good alternatives in this price range? I wish Blockbuster Online still gave the 2 in-store coupons a month. 1 is just sad and hardly a bonus.

Oh my, sent out my movies/games (2) on monday, they just sent me a email saying it arrived (1:30 Saturday) Ouch with the mailing.

How long does it take to send a item? I will now find out. Have 38 movies and games, new and old, high and low avaiablity, mixed in.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm trying to decide if I should cancel my GnF. I've been an avid supporter of theirs since I signed up in January. I didn't have a problem with not being able to get newly released games...as long as I could still get newly released movies. To me, it was understandable for GnF to have difficulty supplying the games, considering games cost $50-$60, while a new release movie is only $20 (not counting BD/HD-DVD). Therefore, they should have a 3:1 ratio of new movies to games. I didn't think this was unreasonable for the price they charge.

However, since early/mid May, they've completely dropped off with their DVD selection. I find myself renting movies that I just never got around to seeing just so I'll have something shipped. This is no longer acceptable. The problem is, the gap between this service and "good" service price wise is very large. I'd be willing to spend $20 a month for my gaming/movie rentals, but no more than that. Anybody have any good alternatives in this price range? I wish Blockbuster Online still gave the 2 in-store coupons a month. 1 is just sad and hardly a bonus.[/quote]

Yea, but don't forget Blockbuster let's you exchange them in-store, which for me, has got me thinking about getting that since I live about 5 mins from one Blockbuster and another is on my way to work.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea, but don't forget Blockbuster let's you exchange them in-store, which for me, has got me thinking about getting that since I live about 5 mins from one Blockbuster and another is on my way to work.[/quote]

Yeah, that's not as big of a selling point for me. My closest Blockbuster is about 12 minutes away, in a direction I don't go too often. Plus, those exchanges are only good on movies right? If you could exchange for games, it might be worth the extra gas.

I really don't want to compromise my mix of 3 out at a time, and being able to have 2 movies/1 game, or 1 movie/2 games. I usually only play one game at a time anyway, but I like to be able to try one out that I might be interested in buying, without having to send back the one I'm currently playing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's not as big of a selling point for me. My closest Blockbuster is about 12 minutes away, in a direction I don't go too often. Plus, those exchanges are only good on movies right? If you could exchange for games, it might be worth the extra gas.

I really don't want to compromise my mix of 3 out at a time, and being able to have 2 movies/1 game, or 1 movie/2 games. I usually only play one game at a time anyway, but I like to be able to try one out that I might be interested in buying, without having to send back the one I'm currently playing.[/quote]

I am staying with GNF for that reason, however I did see yesterday at Blockbuster that if you do have the Movie Pass you can exchange it for a game but it costs 4.99. Not bad I guess if you plan on keeping the game for a long time.

So far im still getting games, and all ive been renting is 360 stuff. I have a good combo of new and old on my queue. I just got Earth Defense force which was at the top of my list, so even in my 3rd month or so im quite happy.

bread's done
Back