Gaming Magazines at Amazon: PSM $5, OXM w/disc $20, PC Gamer $15 - Free Shipping

Personally, I think PSM is pretty good. It's usually an interesting read, and they get pretty good exclusive previews once in a while. I'm definitely in for a renewal.

Is the deal on OXM any good, and are the discs worth getting? I've been interested in checking it out for a while.

Sweet, this bumped me up to free shipping on Mercury Meltdown/Wii. And PSM (when I subbed) was a fun read, worth five bucks.

[quote name='racthamp']i haven't received my Nintendo Power from the bestdeal magazine thing for $3 awhile ago.. anyone else got their?[/quote]
I am still waiting on this as well. Although, they had no problem spamming my mailbox to all hell.

[quote name='CheapyD']There are no shipping fees at all....no matter what your final total is.
BTW, this thread belongs in the video game deal forum....its a gaming-related deal.[/quote]

Could you move this, then? Some decent deals there that will get buried being in the other deals forum, and they are also video game related.

[quote name='racthamp']i haven't received my Nintendo Power from the bestdeal magazine thing for $3 awhile ago.. anyone else got their?[/QUOTE]
Yep, just got my first one yesterday.

[quote name='CheapyD']There are no shipping fees at all....no matter what your final total is.
BTW, this thread belongs in the video game deal forum....its a gaming-related deal.[/quote]Sorry about that, boss. A thousand lashes with a wet noodle, please.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Could you move this, then? Some decent deals there that will get buried being in the other deals forum, and they are also video game related.[/quote]
Done.

[quote name='Damian']Yep, just got my first one yesterday.[/QUOTE]

cool.. i guess.. i'll be looking forward for mine then ;) thanx

Me as well. Hopefully be there when I get home tonight. Always a fun read.

Just purchased PSM. Thanks for the heads up. Can't argue with a years worth of bathroom material for $5.

PSM is easily worth 5 bucks. I find the writing somewhat uneven for a professional publication (frequent grammatical errors), and the reviews are not very in-depth, but can't complain for 5 bucks.

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry about that, boss. A thousand lashes with a wet noodle, please.

Done.[/quote]

Thanks, Shrike. :)

I'm very tempted to get the OXM deal. I hope as time goes on the older DLC will be offered via OXM for free. That alone maybe worth getting the disc/mag.

I got the PSM, I don't have a PS3 and I'm about to buy an Xbox 360, but I figure it'll have some good PSP coverage. Thanks!

I finally bit the bullet and ordered PSM. $5 is just too great a deal.

I like Future's magazines, though I haven't read PSM since the Playstation 1 days.

I'm kind of excited about my first issue! I would get PC Gamer...but because of Microsoft's tactics (like "activation" even on some GAMES now) I'm seriously considering dumping all Microsoft products and gaming. At the least I need to cool off for a while...really mad at their crap right now.

Wish I could do more than one year-like pay $30 or something for 6 years at that price!

Here's another one-not primarily focused on gaming (though they do have reviews I think):

MacLife $10. This used to be called MacAddict until recently, and is another Future publication (sort of the counterpart to MaximumPC I guess).

I'm sorry, the link isn't through Cheapass Gamer, so someone fix that or let me know how to if you can. Sorry!

[quote name='nazrad']if you looking for a magazine subscription go here.
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

you can get psm for $3.58 with promo code DCMPS70P
http://www.netmagazines.com/cartView.asp?rp=product%2Easp%3FpID%3D115323

you can also get 24 issues of PC Gamer w/o disc for $5.90 promo code DCMPS30D
http://www.netmagazines.com/product.asp?pID=121332&cc=DCMPS30D&TR=&cID=12

Last year I got a 3 year subscription to ESPN Magazine for $15.75. The current best price is 3 years for $24.70 with promo DCMPS45P. Thats 3 years for less the the normal price for a one year subscrtiption.
http://www.netmagazines.com/product.asp?pID=135433&cc=DCMPS45P&TR=&cID=47

edit: here are some more good links

OXM w/o disc 2 years $8.97 promo DCMPS70P
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/g/netmagazines-officialxboxmagazine-24-DCMPS70P.html?afsrc=1

EGM 2 years $19.23 promo code DCMPS45P
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/g/netmagazines-electronicgamingmonthly-24-DCMPS45P.html?afsrc=1
EGM 3 years $24.32 promo MPS16, however this place will send you junk email.
http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/g/bestdealmagazines-electronicgamingmonthly-36-MPS16.html?afsrc=1[/quote]

Thanks, In for PSM & OXM.

You Rock!:D

[quote name='Wolfpup']Here's another one-not primarily focused on gaming (though they do have reviews I think):

MacLife $10. This used to be called MacAddict until recently, and is another Future publication (sort of the counterpart to MaximumPC I guess).

I'm sorry, the link isn't through Cheapass Gamer, so someone fix that or let me know how to if you can. Sorry![/QUOTE]

Is this a english mag? Because it has some other language on the photo.

Thanks.

[quote name='ryosnk']Is this a english mag? Because it has some other language on the photo.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

That's...really weird. Yeah, it's in English. I guess it's probably translated into other languages, and somehow Amazon got a screenshot of a different version? It should just be the normal English version though. I haven't quite decided to go for it, though for $10 I probably will.

[quote name='linkpwns']Yea, I would bit on the OXM, but i Want the disc[/QUOTE]
You can call them and add the disc for $1 per issue.

So the initial post's Amazon deal is NOT the best deal for OXM. Use the later site or ebay.

Same with PC Gamer I'm pretty sure, $1 per issue for the DVD or CD to be added.

This is a question for those who subscribe to xbox magazine. Is the magazine worth the purchase for original xbox owners? I have an xbox but not the 360. How much of the magazine and disk is devoted to the original xbox and how much to the 360? I have the original xbox and don't know if the magazine is worth a purchase for me.

[quote name='yazman']This is a question for those who subscribe to xbox magazine. Is the magazine worth the purchase for original xbox owners? I have an xbox but not the 360. How much of the magazine and disk is devoted to the original xbox and how much to the 360? I have the original xbox and don't know if the magazine is worth a purchase for me.[/QUOTE]

(The only reason I get it is it came free with my Gamefly subscription.)

I'd say it's absolutely not worth it for the original X-Box. There's very little coverage (because honestly, what is there to cover?) and I think the disc is 360 only now.

Got my first issues of both Xbox Mag and PSM this week. What's odd is that if I look at the little subscription address label, it says "Mar08" as the supposed end date of my sub on both mags. Isn't that short a few issues? Anyone else get theirs yet?

[quote name='fujishig']Got my first issues of both Xbox Mag and PSM this week. What's odd is that if I look at the little subscription address label, it says "Mar08" as the supposed end date of my sub on both mags. Isn't that short a few issues? Anyone else get theirs yet?[/QUOTE]

So you started with the May '07 issue of PSM? They publish 13 issues a year and you're getting twelve; March '08 sounds right to me.

[quote name='whitereflection']So you started with the May '07 issue of PSM? They publish 13 issues a year and you're getting twelve; March '08 sounds right to me.[/QUOTE]

It's actually the June issue that was my first. Didn't know about the 13 issues, though... which month do they send out both?

[quote name='fujishig']Got my first issues of both Xbox Mag and PSM this week. What's odd is that if I look at the little subscription address label, it says "Mar08" as the supposed end date of my sub on both mags. Isn't that short a few issues? Anyone else get theirs yet?[/quote]

I got my first issue on Monday...then got another in the mail today so it looks like they're giving us two issues quick off the bat so they can end our subscriptions quicker.

Since I don't have XBox Live (or internet access at home for that matter), it's nice to have the demo disc, but I'm not all that impressed with the magazine and probably won't renew it after this year runs out. GameInformer and EGM are better magazines IMO.

Got my first issue of PSM today, May '07. Thanks OP!

Mine also says March '08 for end date.

How does that come to 12 issues? If they publish 13, why am I getting only 12?

The 13th issue is their annual holiday issue, which you should get around December.

Actually, I can't say for sure if you guys are only getting 12, but I've only seen them advertise 10 or 12 issues on their subscription cards, so I'm assuming that's the case here.

I got the June issue of PSM, and then the next week got the May issue.

So far I like it pretty well. Much better than the Official X-Box Magazine I got with my Gamefly subscription (and the price is weirdly way better...)

I also signed up for Maximum PC, Maclife, and PC Gamer, though I signed up for those two weeks later, and probably won't get them until next week.

Another question...
my Xbox magazine disk came in a paper sleeve, though when I've seen issues at newsstands they come in dvd thinkpaks. is this a cost cutting measure for subscribers only?

I finally received my first two PSMs! But it's weird though, i got the June issue a week before the May issue, so i was kinda reading stuffs backward in time...

If you're not interested in the PC Gamer disc, you can get a three-year subscription to the magazine for $26.58 from Mags4cheap.com (free shipping). They also accept Google Checkout, which gives you $10 off if you're a first-time user. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

[quote name='fujishig']Another question...
my Xbox magazine disk came in a paper sleeve, though when I've seen issues at newsstands they come in dvd thinkpaks. is this a cost cutting measure for subscribers only?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you can print your own DVD Case size inserts off their website.

[quote name='Serpentor']I finally received my first two PSMs! But it's weird though, i got the June issue a week before the May issue, so i was kinda reading stuffs backward in time...[/QUOTE]

That's how mine came too. I just got my first issue of Maximum PC today too. PC Gamer can't be far behind :)

[quote name='linkpwns']OXM shows up at 24.95 for me + shipping...
[/QUOTE]
Read the first post again, especially the bright red part.

bread's done
Back