Garage Sale finds 6/19

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
ok so finally being back home, i woke up extra early to check out some sales, and am i ever glad i did!!

heres a rundown:

metal ice cream scoop - $0.05
D.A.R.E. mesh hat - $0.25
super mario 3, iikari warriors, and excitebike - $2.00
crappy digital camera, 64mb compact flash mem card, compact flash usb card reader, usb printer cable - $5.00
29 issues of nintendo power, toruk 1 guide, super gameboy guide, zelda:eek:ot guide - $2.00
3 photography books - $1.00
Gamegear with carrying case - $1.00
Shining force, might and magic, d&d warriors of the eternal sun, sonic, sonic 2 (all mint and complete, d&d even with hint book) sega genesis controller - $2.75

You got all those games for $2.75?????

Some people are too quick to get rid of their stuff :\

Good deal for you though :p

i forgot i also got this giant rush wall hanging thing for $1.00, its sweet, yeah i was most excited about the ice cream scoop, screw shining force!

Damnit, I was gonna make a thread about garage sale finds and you just trumped my ass. Anyways, my deals weren't as good, but I will submit my haul for peer review. I think at worst they are fair prices, but we'll see. For 20 bucks I got:

Gameboy original w AC Adapter and carrying case
7 games: Super mario land, donkey kong, Kirby 2, Yoshi, Super RC Pro Am, NFL Football, NHL 95

Game Gear (no AC adapter) w/ car lighter adapter and carry case
5 games: Jurrasic park, Columns, ,NBA Jam, GLoc Air Battle and Super Monaco GP

Both the systems are in excellent shape - some incidental markings.

How did I do?

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Damn my stupid town and its lack of garage sales. And damn the nearby auction for its lack of good finds. The best I can get it $10 off most new games from some guy that I'm convinced steals them.

Awesome finds - - I actually found a Krispy Kreme mesh hat last month at a flea market for a buck. I did a little overtime last Saturday, and on my way I stopped at a yard sale at the first house in my neighborhood. I got there at 6:15AM while they were still setting up and found these:

Sega Saturn system MINT with four controllers, Shinobi Leigons, Sega Rally, Ultimate MK3, Panzer Dragoon, and box for $5.75

Playstation system with two controllers, box, and multitap for $4

Gameboy Pocket Color with 15 games for $5

A bunch of Garfield books 11 for $3.50

20 Transformers and Beast Wars toys for $3 My son will love these.

Some Army issue LBE and a Ka-Bar for $20

A 5 ft. Totem Pole for this: Me pulling out the totem pole, putting sod down where it was, and mowing his grass later that day (he asked me this because he sees me work on my lawn every week and commented how nice mine always looks when his looks like crap and pays a couple hundred a month). I mean, its a friggin totem pole!! I had to have it.

I ended up just writing him a check for $50 to lug it all to my house. I running late to work and didnt have time to load the stuff as the game systems were out of the box for display.

[quote name='AGuth']
A 5 ft. Totem Pole for this: Me pulling out the totem pole, putting sod down where it was, and mowing his grass later that day (he asked me this because he sees me work on my lawn every week and commented how nice mine always looks when his looks like crap and pays a couple hundred a month). I mean, its a friggin totem pole!! I had to have it.

I ended up just writing him a check for $50 to lug it all to my house. I running late to work and didnt have time to load the stuff as the game systems were out of the box for display.[/quote]
It would be cool to own a Totem Pole, but I dont think I would pay $50 for one. Post a few pictures of it.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='AGuth']

I ended up just writing him a check for $50 to lug it all to my house. I running late to work and didnt have time to load the stuff as the game systems were out of the box for display.[/quote]
It would be cool to own a Totem Pole, but I dont think I would pay $50 for one. Post a few pictures of it.[/quote]

I think he meant he wrote the $50 check for everything... totem pole was free (As I understand it)

I go to alot of yard sales I got a few good ps2 game for like 3 bucks but around my city it people selling baby clothes and lawnmowers, and the damned singing fish.

Bah. I was at a bunch of yard sales this morning, and I didn't see anything remotely interesting. Most of it is old antique houseware junk that old people are selling before they go to Florida. I wish some of these awesome game deals were available near me.

[quote name='AGuth']Awesome finds - - I actually found a Krispy Kreme mesh hat last month at a flea market for a buck. I did a little overtime last Saturday, and on my way I stopped at a yard sale at the first house in my neighborhood. I got there at 6:15AM while they were still setting up and found these:

Sega Saturn system MINT with four controllers, Shinobi Leigons, Sega Rally, Ultimate MK3, Panzer Dragoon, and box for $5.75

Playstation system with two controllers, box, and multitap for $4

Gameboy Pocket Color with 15 games for $5

A bunch of Garfield books 11 for $3.50

20 Transformers and Beast Wars toys for $3 My son will love these.

Some Army issue LBE and a Ka-Bar for $20

Ka-Bar is a excellent deal at that price. I wish i still had one.

For umm... Self-defense. Yeah, self-defense... :D

bread's done
Back