Gasp! Old Game Consoles Banned in Japan! (Ninendo and PS Excluded.)

[quote name='rywateska']Wow, now that is a very weird law. What's next? Grandma hit 70, send her out to the trash chute![/QUOTE]:rofl:

I'd actually like to see that.

On April 1st

Yes, I noticed that as well, but I would hope Time would have followed up to see if there was an actual law in place. Maybe that is asking too much... or maybe the Japanese government is pulling the biggest April Fool's joke ever.

RTFAs hector posted. The first one is not only inaccurate but also doesn't give the government's reasoning (safety or pollution or some bullshit).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']What's a Ninendo?[/quote]

It is like a 9-10-doh, but with less RAM and the carts sucked ass.

[quote name='Kendal']It is like a 9-10-doh, but with less RAM and the carts sucked ass.[/QUOTE]

hmm, thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to add one to my trade list so I don't miss anything for my collection.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmm, thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to add one to my trade list so I don't miss anything for my collection.[/quote]

It launched around the time of the Intellevision and got lost in the shuffle.

This is one of the MILLIONS of idiotic decisions made by the higher-ups in Japan.

So many people think Japan is this awesome paradise full of games and beautiful women (well it is, to a certain extent...) but there's SO much bullshit you have to put up with if you actually live here.

Well, good thing I'm going to Sofmap on the 25th I guess :roll:

The law even affect cars over there, which is why Japanese residents who actually own cars always sell them and buy new ones after just a few years. It's prohibitively more expensive to keep it and pay the extra costs for owning an "old and polluting" car.

bread's done
Back