GC: Odama (w/Microphone) $18 (+shipping) @Overstock.com

Krymner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Odama (Microphone Included) is $18 at Overstock.com. With shipping, mine came out to $20.95.

I'm a sucker for very hard games, and I've always wanted to give this wierd pinball game a try, especially after reading several reviews. I've been looking for a complete verson with the mic for under $20, and when I stumbled upon it this morning, I figured I would bite. I've been sitting on the fence about getting this game for awhile. Anyone got any experiences with Odama?

Little high for a game that bombed, but I never saw any on clearance, and if you got in on the Amazon DoTD a couple days ago for Karaoke Revolution, might be nice to get an extra mic.

[quote name='turls']Little high for a game that bombed, but I never saw any on clearance, and if you got in on the Amazon DoTD a couple days ago for Karaoke Revolution, might be nice to get an extra mic.[/QUOTE]
"Bombed" doesn't mean it's a bad game. Case in point: Beyond Good and Evil.

[quote name='Krymner']Odama (Microphone Included) is $18 at Overstock.com. With shipping, mine came out to $20.95.

I'm a sucker for very hard games, and I've always wanted to give this wierd pinball game a try, especially after reading several reviews. I've been looking for a complete verson with the mic for under $20, and when I stumbled upon it this morning, I figured I would bite. I've been sitting on the fence about getting this game for awhile. Anyone got any experiences with Odama?[/QUOTE]
This game isn't just hard - it's vicious. That said, the voice recognition works well (usually) and it's without a doubt a unique experience, and you'll enjoy it if you're not easily frustrated. If you're up for a pinball/military RTS game with voice recognition, it's the best in the genre. ;)

I had two copies of this game from last December @ Toys R Us, and I traded both away. Of course, I traded one mere weeks before I obtained my own Gamecube and now I want it, but I don't think I want it for $20.

I'd be willing to trade my complete copy for a PSP game or 2 or an RPG on any console that I haven't played yet.

Send me your list if anyone is interested.

Yeah $12 @ Kmart is your best bet. The game isn't exactly a hot seller on eBay so a lot of people left them....but the game did hit Kmart clearance like 9 months ago or more so I'm not sure....worth a shot.

I bought several copies of it for $5 a/c at toys r us, and I was trading them into Game Crazy for over $15 credit.

I think this might be a $20 game new at GS/EB but probably pretty hard to find at this point.

Since the next-gen systems have released, I find it hard to get even mildly interested in anything on PS2, Xbox, or GCN. Sad, since I have a backlog of PS2 games that I'll probably never play.

[quote name='the ender']Since the next-gen systems have released, I find it hard to get even mildly interested in anything on PS2, Xbox, or GCN. Sad, since I have a backlog of PS2 games that I'll probably never play.[/quote]
i feel the same way. I bought this from TRU for $10 but have no idea and don't even care where it is. Wish the next gen systems didn't come out yet lol. At least the new update makes ps2 games playable on ps3.

"MARCH FORWARD"

"MARCH FORWARD!"

"MARCH fuckING FORWARD!"

Yeah, the voice comm can be good and it can be bad.

Like any other pinball game, this game can be really hard. I never dug it back out after the first boss battle, but just due to laziness and other games. It is pretty fun, especially for

A really fun game--but the mic cable is too short. And the voice rec doesn't seem to work all the time. I'd love a Wii update, but I doubt we'd ever get one. An interesteing mix of RTS and pinball game.

I would've bought this long ago if it weren't for that damn mic. Given it's clearance status I may eventually buy it anyway, but that mic is a big turn-off.

[quote name='zman73']TRU had this for 10 last holiday season, probably still that price if any have any in stock[/quote]

they jacked it up to $50 again..at least at mine they did
and to the op, ive never played it personally but i hear its either you like the concept or you'll hate it

btw, i have it brand new if anyone wants to trade for it. Just found it in the trunk of my car. LoL never took it out of the TRU bag.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']"Bombed" doesn't mean it's a bad game. Case in point: Beyond Good and Evil.

This game isn't just hard - it's vicious. That said, the voice recognition works well (usually) and it's without a doubt a unique experience, and you'll enjoy it if you're not easily frustrated. If you're up for a pinball/military RTS game with voice recognition, it's the best in the genre. ;)[/quote]

In my opinion, it's hard for all the wrong reasons. The microphone isn't bad for the most part, but the troops respond too slowly. In addition, there are too many stipulations in the game. You're almost forced to run over your own troops, the pinball can bounce into your region very easily, there are no multiple Odamas early in the game, the time limit doesn't complement the randomness factor of pinball, and the troops are always giving up so easily. There's no way to revisit stages without having to erase current stage data, and you'll probably have to revisit stages so that you'll have enough troops for the next stage (and the limit of troops obtained doesn't help). But it's the best in the genre by default.

Got it for $10 at TRU, played stage 1, got pissed off at the fact that I killed like all my troops 12 times before I won, and haven't played since. :lol:

Just too randomly hard.

The Announcer in Odama is very annoying (have fun trying to get through the tutorial with that voice). It is a fun multitasking game where you have to keep your eye on your troops and the Odama. It's pretty short, but I had fun.

This game will be talked about for years to come (for better and worse). I personally loved it. The announcer was great. Puzzles challenging. Unique to the core! I bought it at the original price and don't feel ripped off at all.

The announcer is traditional cheesy Japanese dude. Don't see how you can hate him.

I do see how you can dislike it for the imprecisions inherent in pinball...

Hey, you guys are right. This game is BRUTAL!!

I love the Japanese art style. Very different. I can already tell that this is a game you really gotta practice at to be any good. It only took me 3 tries to get past the first board, but the second board really gave me a challenge. I was finally able to beat it, tho. Now, this third level has definatly gotten me frustrated to all hell.:bomb: I'm gonna go back and practice a bit on the previous two levels and then tackle it again.

I'm one of two people who purchased the game when it came out for full retail of $50.

And I am very happy with it.

It's a "short" game, once you manage to get the hang of it and get through it, but man, it's a challange and I loved every second that I wasn't hating it. ;)

With that said, most people probably won't like this game.

[quote name='phear3d']this game is definately not worth $18. maybe more like a $5 game.[/quote]

And that's how much I paid for it during Toys R Us' clearance sale @ $10 less the $5 off Zelda coupon earlier this year. :D

Alas, that's been traded away.

bread's done
Back