GCN RE4 Special Edition (Red Tin) 29.99 new @ GS B&M

bluekeith75

CAGiversary!
I was at gamestop in brunswick, oh today and the gamestop had resident evil 4 special edition for the gamecube new for 29.99. The employee told me it was dropped to 29.99 at all gamestops. Sorry if this is already posted.

Cleaned up the title a bit. - Trak

Im pretty sure the gamecube didnt get a special edition, only the ps2 version did. Regardless, RE4 has dropped down to 19.99 at ebgames and gamestop anyways for cube, so you can probably get it at both best buy and circuit city at that price too, I assume they both have price matching.

[quote name='gforce007']Im pretty sure the gamecube didnt get a special edition, only the ps2 version did. Regardless, RE4 has dropped down to 19.99 at ebgames and gamestop anyways for cube, so you can probably get it at both best buy and circuit city at that price too, I assume they both have price matching.[/QUOTE]

gamestop.jpg

It had a special edtion. I own one myself.

The gamecube special edition was only available at gamestop and comes with a certificate of authenticity numbered to 48,000.

Yah, I have the Gamecube special edition. These are still in stock at the Gamestop near me in Indinapolis, but they had the higher price tag on it still. Wouldn't be surprised if the employees there didn't even know it was reduced. If it drops to $20, I might pick up an extra copy.

If I find another one of these, and I don't care whether it's sealed or not, I'm fucking picking it up. This price is too good to pass up. I own one of these already since it came out, but want another.

I like the PS2 special edition better, since Capcom actually put that togeather. It's the first time I've seen a tin that has all the boxart on the tin itself, as opposed to a plastic sleave overlay.

I was tempted to buy the Gamecube special edition, when it first came out, but the lack of boxart and the "Gamestop" logos on the tin bothered me.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Check out the European GameCube RE4 tin. (100 times better IMHO)

86_1_b.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Yes agreed The guy holding the chainsaw there reminds me of Texas chainsaw massacre.

that's one genuinely scary picture. i'm glad i kept my insert from EGM a year ago. it's that exact picture that i can slide over the cover for the gamecube version. i love the one that was for halo 2 in there, people look at me like i've got a bootleg of the game! if they only knew.

[quote name='gforce007']Im pretty sure the gamecube didnt get a special edition, only the ps2 version did. Regardless, RE4 has dropped down to 19.99 at ebgames and gamestop anyways for cube, so you can probably get it at both best buy and circuit city at that price too, I assume they both have price matching.[/QUOTE]

And I'm pretty sure you are an idiot. Wait, let me check............ Yep. You are. Think before you make claims.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I like the PS2 special edition better, since Capcom actually put that togeather. It's the first time I've seen a tin that has all the boxart on the tin itself, as opposed to a plastic sleave overlay.

I was tempted to buy the Gamecube special edition, when it first came out, but the lack of boxart and the "Gamestop" logos on the tin bothered me.[/QUOTE]Yes, because GameStopmade the tin and the RE4 cell and the special little booklet and the Soundtrack CD. Don't tell anyone, but my GameStop manager actually made the game itself as well.

Capcom made it, you Illogical Porpoise. GS had an exclusive deal with them for a Special Edition. And it's just a tin. No sleeve. There is an actual gamecase inside the tin.:roll:

[quote name='depascal22']that's one genuinely scary picture. i'm glad i kept my insert from EGM a year ago. it's that exact picture that i can slide over the cover for the gamecube version. i love the one that was for halo 2 in there, people look at me like i've got a bootleg of the game! if they only knew.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit! I totally forgot about that issue. I need to dig that up, those covers were pretty awesome, I have it somewhere...

Well MorPhiend...

We were all having an intelligent conversation....until you came around. Your flames aren't appreciated at all.

I disagree with you, Capcom made RE4 extras you are talking about for the GameCube SE. The booklet, laser cell, and bonus DVD are in the PS2 SE version. As for the tin, I don't know if Capcom made it or not, but it is certainly not as attractive as their European effort. I don't have anything against GameStop, but the logo (or any store logo) permanently etched on the front detracts its attractiveness IMO.

My point was the GameCube SE didn't look good to me and looks thrown togeather, especially when compared the the PS2 SE. The GameCube SE does command a higher value on eBay, so go for it if that interests you.

Keep it positive and constructive MorPhiend, nobody likes a flamer......

[quote name='MorPhiend']And I'm pretty sure you are an idiot. Wait, let me check............ Yep. You are. Think before you make claims.

Yes, because GameStopmade the tin and the RE4 cell and the special little booklet and the Soundtrack CD. Don't tell anyone, but my GameStop manager actually made the game itself as well.

Capcom made it, you Illogical Porpoise. GS had an exclusive deal with them for a Special Edition. And it's just a tin. No sleeve. There is an actual gamecase inside the tin.:roll:[/QUOTE]

He was mistaken MorPhiend, no need to be a dick about it.

I'm sure you've never made a mistake about anything ever in your life, but we lesser beings do it on occasion, and we prefer just to simply be corrected rather than to have it violently thrown back in our faces.

So, Let's all play nice okay?

I already have a Gamecube Special Edition... but if I found one for $30 bucks, I'd get another copy. I'm waiting for a deal on the PS2 version so I can play Ada's mission.

I would pick up another for $30... if it was still sealed. But the way Gamestop goes 'gut happy' with their games, finding a sealed copy would be a real coup.

[quote name='bluekeith75']The gamecube special edition was only available at gamestop and comes with a certificate of authenticity numbered to 48,000.[/QUOTE]

Not true another was released from Gamerush (Blockbuster) but it was a smaller print.

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']Oh shit! I totally forgot about that issue. I need to dig that up, those covers were pretty awesome, I have it somewhere...[/QUOTE]
Were there actually full-sized cover prints included in that issue?

[quote name='nwaugh']Were there actually full-sized cover prints included in that issue?[/QUOTE]

They were just the front covers. no back to them. I think I still have a halo 2 one some where. My favs were the RE4 & metal gear soild 3.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I disagree with you, Capcom made RE4 extras you are talking about for the GameCube SE.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I highly doubt that either Capcom or Gamestop made the extras for the RE4 Gamecube SE. I find it very unlikely that either Capcom or Gamestop has facilities for manufacturing tin boxes, or in-house facilities for producing art-cells, booklets, or even the soundtrack CDs. They job all that stuff out to smaller companies dedicated to that sort of thing.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Actually, I highly doubt that either Capcom or Gamestop made the extras for the RE4 Gamecube SE. I find it very unlikely that either Capcom or Gamestop has facilities for manufacturing tin boxes, or in-house facilities for producing art-cells, booklets, or even the soundtrack CDs. They job all that stuff out to smaller companies dedicated to that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

I didn't really mean that Capcom literally made those extras, they santioned and endosed them. I believe the mini-guide and the prologe were produced by Brady Games.

It looks to me that Gamestop teamed up with Capcom to produce the custom GameStop SE, and then Capcom took essentially that same package and refined it for the PS2 SE.

[quote name='js1']They were just the front covers. no back to them. I think I still have a halo 2 one some where. My favs were the RE4 & metal gear soild 3.[/QUOTE]

Which issue numbers did these covers come in? I've been an EGM subscriber for over three years, but I've never seen any replacement covers. I hope I didn't throw them away 0.0

[quote name='Pokemorpher1']Which issue numbers did these covers come in? I've been an EGM subscriber for over three years, but I've never seen any replacement covers. I hope I didn't throw them away 0.0[/QUOTE]

Subscribers usually don't get bonuses with their mags. Publishers add in the extras in the newsstand edition to entice sales.

[quote name='js1']They were just the front covers. no back to them. I think I still have a halo 2 one some where. My favs were the RE4 & metal gear soild 3.[/QUOTE]

The first time they did it, it was only the fronts. It had covers for Halo 2, MGS3, RE4, and Metroid Prime 2. The next time they did it, they did the whole covers but they printed them back to back. So Jade Empire and Doom 3 are on the same cover. The Legend of Zelda and God of War shared the other cover. It really pissed me off because I want to use the Zelda and God of War covers at the same time since I have the speical edition for JE and Doom. It seemed like a waste to even print a whole cover when they could've done just the front and made everyone happy.

[quote name='depascal22']The first time they did it, it was only the fronts. It had covers for Halo 2, MGS3, RE4, and Metroid Prime 2. The next time they did it, they did the whole covers but they printed them back to back. So Jade Empire and Doom 3 are on the same cover. The Legend of Zelda and God of War shared the other cover. It really pissed me off because I want to use the Zelda and God of War covers at the same time since I have the speical edition for JE and Doom. It seemed like a waste to even print a whole cover when they could've done just the front and made everyone happy.[/QUOTE]

Which issue was it in?

Anyways i found the game at a GS but it was opened so i didnt even bother to get a price check. The hunt continues!

[quote name='depascal22']The first time they did it, it was only the fronts. It had covers for Halo 2, MGS3, RE4, and Metroid Prime 2. The next time they did it, they did the whole covers but they printed them back to back. So Jade Empire and Doom 3 are on the same cover. The Legend of Zelda and God of War shared the other cover. It really pissed me off because I want to use the Zelda and God of War covers at the same time since I have the speical edition for JE and Doom. It seemed like a waste to even print a whole cover when they could've done just the front and made everyone happy.[/QUOTE]

yeah , I remember seeing those also. I really wanted zelda. I still need to get MGS 3:snake eater(just so I can use the insert)

[quote name='abhinav']Which issue was it in?

Anyways i found the game at a GS but it was opened so i didnt even bother to get a price check. The hunt continues![/QUOTE]

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm tempted to say it was the issue with the Zelda:Twilight Princess cover story. If it wasn't that it was within two issues of that.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Check out the European GameCube RE4 tin. (100 times better IMHO)

Chainsaw guy[/QUOTE]

The burlapsack wearing, chainsaw carrying guy is one of the best characters in any game. Ever. Or at least the scene where you meet him is.

I recently picked up RE 4 for 20 dollars at Best Buy after they price matched EB/GameStop. I guess from what you guys are saying, it would not have been worth the effort to track down a GameStop with RE4 special edition for cube in stock and pay extra money or even pay the same price, since it wasnt as well put together as the PS2 SE was?

[quote name='gforce007']I recently picked up RE 4 for 20 dollars at Best Buy after they price matched EB/GameStop. I guess from what you guys are saying, it would not have been worth the effort to track down a GameStop with RE4 special edition for cube in stock and pay extra money or even pay the same price, since it wasnt as well put together as the PS2 SE was?[/QUOTE]

That's my opinion, but others may think differently.

The GC red tin is more like a container, because it holds the standard GC RE4 game case plus the extras. The PS2 version the tin is the case and holds the extras. Plus all of the box art is embossed on the tin itself (a first, I think).

bread's done
Back