Free Gears of War 2 (or $10 LE) when you order the Amazon GOW2 Lancer
Free $10 gift card with Regular edition

Best Buy

Free RC Tank with Gears of War 2 Limited Edition

Circuit Ctiy

Free XBL 1600 point card with Regular and Limited Edition

Costco
Xbox 360 Pro Console Bundle $390 [hiddenlist]

• Xbox 360 Pro 60GB version (comes with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda)
  • 12 month XBL Gold membership
  • Extra Wireless Controller
  • Your choice of Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty: World At War
  • Voucher for 3 free XBLA Downloads (PacMan CE, Poker Smash, and Catan)
[/hiddenlist]

Newegg.com
Regular edition $53.99 - Limited Edition $66.99

Toys R Us

Free $15 gift card (Regular and Limited Editions?)

Walmart

Free $10 gift card with Regular and Limited Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking around, but can't really seem to find an answer:

Will I be able to walk into Circuit City on Friday and buy Gears of War 2 and get the 1600 point card? Or do I need to pre-order it to get the deal?

I can't seem to be able to bring up the limited Gears special on Best Buy's website. Does anyone know for sure if it's over? Or will I be able to walk in tomorrow and pick one up at a store?

When I called and ordered GOW2 from CC (last sunday), I was told the 1600 Points only came with the CE. I protested and said that it doesn't state that on the web site, they appologized and said that's what it is.

Maybe I got jipped $10, but thought I'd throw that out...

Anyone else run into that?

I'm hitting up Toys R Us tomorrow. Sounds like the best deal plus I still have a $25 gift card I want to use up.

CC LINKY for regular ed.
clearly states "• Free: Xbox Live 1600 Points Card with purchase"
and when added to cart subtracts $19.99 discount from the game price (making it $40).
I assume this will also work in store on Friday as it's also in the print ad.
Not to mention points cards will probably all be sold out unless they got a shipment of points cards for this promo.

Wow, I wish this had been front-paged sooner. I just ordered straight-up from Amazon (didn't want the Lancer, not at that price); I could have gotten a freebie!

Side note:

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Maybe I got jipped $10, but thought I'd throw that out...[/quote]

FYI, the spelling is gypped, because the root of the term is "Gypsy." People who are Gypsy (or descended from) will sometimes take offense to this as a term for being cheated, as it is equivalent to saying you got "Jewed" (also, unsurprisingly, offensive to some people).

A lot of people don't know this etymology (since there are very few Gypsy in the United States) and I'm not riding you on political correctness; I didn't know myself and used the term for years. I just thought you'd want to know, if you didn't already, so you can make an educated decision whether you want to use that word.

[quote name='beeporama']Wow, I wish this had been front-paged sooner. I just ordered straight-up from Amazon (didn't want the Lancer, not at that price); I could have gotten a freebie![/QUOTE]

It could not conceivably be easier to cancel an order than it is on Amazon.

Probably an extremely stupid question but...

When is a good time to get to a store like CC to pick up the game? Do they get their shipment that day (around 2PM?) or is it streetdated and sitting in their back room already? I would assume the latter, meaning I should go RIGHT when they open to score the bonus, but just wanted to make sure...

[quote name='Fatbot3']Is Gears of War 2 10% off at CC as well at all store closings?[/quote]

The Circuit City near me said they didn't get Gears of War 2 in their shipment this week and since they're close they won't be getting any shipments. I'd call and ask your's if they have it.

[quote name='bossman']GameStop: Pre-order and purchase Gears of War 2 at GameStop and receive a Gears of War 2 Xbox LIVE Theme for the New Xbox Experience.*
[/quote]

Careful--they are giving everybody on Live a free theme (also mentioned a being optimizied for NXE) this weekend. Might be a different one, though.

[quote name='beeporama']Wow, I wish this had been front-paged sooner. I just ordered straight-up from Amazon (didn't want the Lancer, not at that price); I could have gotten a freebie!

Side note:

FYI, the spelling is gypped, because the root of the term is "Gypsy." People who are Gypsy (or descended from) will sometimes take offense to this as a term for being cheated, as it is equivalent to saying you got "Jewed" (also, unsurprisingly, offensive to some people).

A lot of people don't know this etymology (since there are very few Gypsy in the United States) and I'm not riding you on political correctness; I didn't know myself and used the term for years. I just thought you'd want to know, if you didn't already, so you can make an educated decision whether you want to use that word.[/QUOTE]

didn't know that... thanks for the correction and the history lesson.

I appologize if I offended anyone.

Another question about PMing at Best Buy. Will they PM giftcards? I'd really like to go to a midnight launch but the $15.00 giftcard from Toys R Us is to good to pass up.

[quote name='bossman']Found this on the Gears of War site.

GameStop: Pre-order and purchase Gears of War 2 at GameStop and receive a Gears of War 2 Xbox LIVE Theme for the New Xbox Experience.*
http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/Templates/Secondary.aspx?id=944[/quote]

There are already some Gears NXE specific LIVE themes for download on the XBLM at least 4 by my count. GameStop's offer isn't particularly that alluring, and I've noticed they have stopped advertising the exclusive Gold Plated Pistol that was for online play.

I think I may try my luck with BestBuy and try to PM CC or just pick it up at CC.

Here's hoping CC will have it when I go on my lunch break. I remember I tried to get their giftcard deal for GTAIV and they were sold out of it completely. I went down the street to BB & they had plenty of copies.

[quote name='THams']The Circuit City near me said they didn't get Gears of War 2 in their shipment this week and since they're close they won't be getting any shipments. I'd call and ask your's if they have it.[/quote]

My local store thats closing said they DID get it but because they are closing they will NOT offer the free card with it, LAME!! So i called BB right next door and asked if the PM'd the 1600 point card and they said yeah, obviously ymmv on that. That same best buy has not always honored free stuff. Hope i can get a tank and the free card.

[quote name='gkrykewy']It could not conceivably be easier to cancel an order than it is on Amazon.[/quote]

What is the procedure? I've accidentally ordered a game that was out of stock, and when I tried to cancel it, the site said the order was being processed and could no longer be cancelled. I've checked every time since, and when I go into 'change or cancel an order' that's what it says. I had to write them an email and wait for them to respond and tell me it was cancelled. Not exactly the easiest process.

Asked a games department associate at my local BB about the price/offer matching on CC's 1600 XBL point card and he was adamant about them NOT matching the offer.

Called a couple other BBs in my area, they said the same thing.

Like others have said above, YMMV.

BB told me they would price match and all my CCs have closed. TRU is the next best deal because you could use a $15gc to get ms points. BB is doing the midnight launch too and I'm a reward zone member... so BB wins. Why is it so hard to cancel my gamestop preorder?

[quote name='Led']BB told me they would price match and all my CCs have closed. TRU is the next best deal because you could use a $15gc to get ms points. BB is doing the midnight launch too and I'm a reward zone member... so BB wins. Why is it so hard to cancel my gamestop preorder?[/quote]

I'm also picking it up at BB mainly because of the free RC Tank, which so far is the best bonus giveaway. However, the 1600 points card is seriously tempting. Everything else I could do without.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Is it too late for the Free RC tank if I preorder? If it's not, I'm going to go to BB right now.[/quote]

You need to make sure your BB still has the GoW2 pre-order boxes in stock. Inside the boxes is a redemption card that gets you the RC tank when you pick up the GoW2 LE. You'll need that card.

I'd call and ask. If they still have the boxes, I don't see why you couldn't still pre-order the game.

[quote name='plasmid123']You need to make sure your BB still has the GoW2 pre-order boxes in stock. Inside the boxes is a redemption card that gets you the RC tank when you pick up the GoW2 LE. You'll need that card.

I'd call and ask. If they still have the boxes, I don't see why you couldn't still pre-order the game.[/quote]

Ok, thank you.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Ok, thank you.[/quote]

Also, in the worst case scenario your BB doesn't have any of the pre-order boxes left, you should still ask to pre-order the game (limited edition). You might still be able to get one without the redemption card if they have some RC tanks left in stock.

It's pretty much first-come-first-served, even for people who pre-ordered earlier. Which sucks.

[quote name='plasmid123']Also, in the worst case scenario your BB doesn't have any of the pre-order boxes left, you should still ask to pre-order the game (limited edition). You might still be able to get one without the redemption card if they have some RC tanks left in stock.

It's pretty much first-come-first-served, even for people who pre-ordered earlier. Which sucks.[/quote]

I just went up to an employee back in the game section and asked. He went in the back and low and behold he handed me a preorder box.

I have it preordered and paid for at GameStop, but I'm going to pick it up at CC to get the free 1600 point card, and try to move my Gears 2 preorder over to Banjo Kazooie. GS is offering nothing but a theme for buying it from them, which is worthless.

Toys R Us

Proof of this deal? My store might not be aware of it and I want something to print out and show them.

[quote name='Mahoney07']Toys R Us

Proof of this deal? My store might not be aware of it and I want something to print out and show them.[/quote]

it was in the TRU ad last sunday. they should have a copy of the ad in store if you ask CS.

bread's done
Back