Gears of War 3: Epic Edition $49.99 at Gamestop

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I went by my local Gamestop tonight and noticed that they finally marked the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (new) down to $49.99. It's also available via online reservation for in-store pickup:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/gears-of-war-3-epic-edition/90535

With Gears of War Judgment just a month away I'm surprised this hasn't been converted to used yet in the system. I'm hoping it does soon since a used standard copy of Gears 3 is $15. This one has been a bit stubborn from converting.

I got mine at my local store. Its sealed so if ever something happens within the next month, ill try and do a return and rebuy. Im a regular at that store so i dont think it would be a problem right? I mean i do have the right to return and get refunded within 30 days if a purchase is still sealed right?

Picked up the one my local GS had on the shelf for a long time (maybe since the game came out). Opened and displayed the statue and redeemed the codes. :)

[quote name='CAGkrazy']I got mine at my local store. Its sealed so if ever something happens within the next month, ill try and do a return and rebuy. Im a regular at that store so i dont think it would be a problem right? I mean i do have the right to return and get refunded within 30 days if a purchase is still sealed right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they won't give you crap as long as it's sealed.

That's a great idea actually. Since GoW: Judgment comes out in less than 30 days there's a chance the GoW 3: EE gets converted to used which would make it cost $15 (assuming the used price holds at the time of conversion). On the other hand, GoW: J doesn't have a CE so who knows how long it'll take for the conversion to occur.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah they won't give you crap as long as it's sealed.

That's a great idea actually. Since GoW: Judgment comes out in less than 30 days there's a chance the GoW 3: EE gets converted to used which would make it cost $15 (assuming the used price holds at the time of conversion). On the other hand, GoW: J doesn't have a CE so who knows how long it'll take for the conversion to occur.[/QUOTE]
Why would they care if you are immediately buying it back?
I never done this before, just wondering.

And those are slowly disappearing at the $50 price it seems. Don't know if it will make it to the conversion.

its been a while since they converted a collector exition game. i think it was the mk. maybe they got wiser to just lower the price the other ce. just my 2 cents

[quote name='TooPoor']Why would they care if you are immediately buying it back?
I never done this before, just wondering.

And those are slowly disappearing at the $50 price it seems. Don't know if it will make it to the conversion.[/QUOTE]

Somebody with more inside GS knowledge can correct me here but the way it's been explained to me is that since they don't do any PM's at all they require returns/rebuys to be for sealed products. An opened product wouldn't be eligible for a return despite your intention to rebuy. The stores I've done this at have all required me to bring in the product sealed. A simple receipt without the product isn't following the returns process properly.

Just another reason why I prefer to shop at BB than GS. BB never required me to have the product on hand in doing a return/rebuy.

[quote name='coolrust']its been a while since they converted a collector exition game. i think it was the mk. maybe they got wiser to just lower the price the other ce. just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

They converted the Borderlands 2 ULCE to the used price months ago. I'd bet there's probably a few that went under our radar since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']
The converted the Borderlands ULCE to the used price months ago. I'd bet there's probably a few that went under our radar since then.[/QUOTE]
I thought that was a myth....

[quote name='TooPoor']Epic. (Yeah I know I didn't clip the gun right, I am adjusting it...slowly as to not break the gun. After that it will go up in the glass cabinet, which I have to make a room for it now)
PNwg7RG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just used the instructions on the packaging, suppressor first then stock. I caved bought one, but my GS is having a moving sale so it was 25% off :whee: Box was sealed in good condition the edition is truly Epic.
37.50 is a great price and it might not drop lower before they evaporate. If they get converted I will buy 3 give one to a friend, one to my kids (which don't exist yet), and keep the other new in box with open Marcus atop it.

For anyone who is able to locate at their local store a new Gears of War 3 Epic edition, they've been marked down to $49.99.

My hunny's store had zero in stock, but another store had three. He had them send one over for me. Picked it up this afternoon. Still unopened. He said it's possible they could drop in price further, but I wasn't risking it. I wanted my Marcus statue. :bouncy:

[quote name='guinaevere']Did this have it's own thread? I searched and came up with nothing.
white_confused.gif
[/QUOTE]

I don't remember anyone posting about it...

[quote name='guinaevere']Did this have it's own thread? I searched and came up with nothing.
white_confused.gif
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think so. I remember looking at it on CAG and thinking if I should go out and grab one.

I don't even have an xbox and i'm thinking of getting it just for that nice statue. hmmm:whistle2:k. If I could get around $15 from the game that will be even better.

I would bite at $30. Its a great price already, but I already own the game, so I can't justify it as much, and the actual game has little resale value anymore.

Its been like this for awhile now. i got one last month. The trick to this deal is finding a good condition box. I went through 18 stores and boxes to find one that was in what i would consider presentable shape. If the price drops or you wait to long you may never find one.

My store has had one sitting on the floor next to some Killzone 3 Helghast Editions in the middle of the store for months now. It wont sell at even $50.

Picked this up for $50 not too long ago from my GS. They only had 2 boxes at the time; one of them massively beat up, the other one in fairly new condition.

I suggest if you want one that is still in decent condition (as far as the outside box goes) and don't/can't wait for another possible price drop get it now.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338780[/QUOTE]

Gears of War: Judgment has no CE for the US so I'm wondering if we're going to have to wait even longer for this to convert to used. Last month, I would have guessed GS would have converted this to used by the time Judgment released but I'm not so sure anymore. I've noticed stores have slowly been getting rid of their remaining stock but there's still a good amount out there.

The day that the stock locator won't work is when you'll know it's been converted to used. The EE was mass produced but the statue is pretty cool so I'm just waiting for it to get converted to used. If GoW: Judgment sucks I'll pick up Gears 3 again. It's been 1 1/2 years now since Gears 3 so this CE has been taking it's sweet time from converting.

[quote name='Donut2922']Gears of War: Judgment has no CE for the US so I'm wondering if we're going to have to wait even longer for this to convert to used. Last month, I would have guessed GS would have converted this to used by the time Judgment released but I'm not so sure anymore. I've noticed stores have slowly been getting rid of their remaining stock but there's still a good amount out there.

The day that the stock locator won't work is when you'll know it's been converted to used. The EE was mass produced but the statue is pretty cool so I'm just waiting for it to get converted to used. If GoW: Judgment sucks I'll pick up Gears 3 again. It's been 1 1/2 years now since Gears 3 so this CE has been taking it's sweet time from converting.[/QUOTE]

What does it mean when it is converted to used?

[quote name='garrett9418']What does it mean when it is converted to used?[/QUOTE]

They take out all the contents gut the game and sell the game at the used price. More often then not they toss all the extra contents out or the manager will let the employees take them home.

[quote name='garrett9418']What does it mean when it is converted to used?[/QUOTE]

It's Gamestop's way of getting rid of extra space that new games take up especially collector editions. They will change the price of the game to whatever the used price is at the time. So if Gamestop converted the EE to used today, you could buy the collector's edition for $14.99 (price of Gears 3 pre-owned currently).

The downside is that employees are instructed from corporate to break apart the collector edition (throw away the boxes, statues, DLC's, etc.) and sell just the game with it's case as a pre-owned copy.

Some stores aren't good with reading their emails or don't care what the corporate email says and will just keep the collector edition intact and sell it to you as brand new but you only pay the pre-owned price. The SKU for the brand new version is deleted and removed from their system.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338780[/QUOTE]Thank you muchly! I've combined the threads as I did such a fail job in searching.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']They take out all the contents gut the game and sell the game at the used price. More often then not they toss all the extra contents out or the manager will let the employees take them home.[/QUOTE]
Whoa, they aren't supposed to!

I got one, I traded the game from a previously purchase. I kinda hope it doesn't go down in price, too late to return and get it cheaper

[quote name='guinaevere']Thank you muchly! I've combined the threads as I did such a fail job in searching.

Whoa, they aren't supposed to![/QUOTE]

You mean the employees? I've heard of it from a few threads here on CAG. I know one of my friends when we were in college worked there and his manager let him get all the stuff that was supposed to be tossed. Needless to say my buddy wasn't a guide guy and my collection of guides is mostly due to him. :D

Yeah I get that stuff all the time as well. I have guides and other stuff I'll probably toss in due time. even have some sealed CE guides that I'm never going to do stuff with.

I'm not as much a collector as I used to be *sigh*

bread's done
Back