Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The Ebbtide']

Also, when I look at the Walmart bundle that includes Gears of War 3 and the Gears controller it doesn't show it including the Savage Grenadier Elite. Is this just a typo on their part?[/QUOTE]

When I saw the deal about a week ago it had the skin listed and a pic of it with the bundle

Neca-Toys-Thrashball-Cole-Bronze-SDCC-Resin-Statue.jpg

GEARS OF WAR 3 SDCC EXCLUSIVE ONLY 100 PIECES TO BE RELEASED!!!!!
What do you say the price will be on this?

I would much rather have that instead of a weeping marcus. Yeah, marcus is the face of gears and all that jazz, but cole train is just so badass.

When I bought Gears 2 Limited Edition I went to WalMart at midnight without preordering and bought it, I got a Gears 2 lanyard, Coozie, bottle opener and of course the game and I think they were giving away golden weapons too?

Anyone have any idea if you just show up to Walmart at midnight if they'll give you the preorder character as well?

[quote name='knightsmith']
Neca-Toys-Thrashball-Cole-Bronze-SDCC-Resin-Statue.jpg

GEARS OF WAR 3 SDCC EXCLUSIVE ONLY 100 PIECES TO BE RELEASED!!!!!
What do you say the price will be on this?[/QUOTE]

I KNEW IT I KNEW THEY WOULD MAKE THIS

[quote name='hustletron']When I bought Gears 2 Limited Edition I went to WalMart at midnight without preordering and bought it, I got a Gears 2 lanyard, Coozie, bottle opener and of course the game and I think they were giving away golden weapons too?

Anyone have any idea if you just show up to Walmart at midnight if they'll give you the preorder character as well?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. It all depends on the store but my guess is Yes. I have saw advertisments about previous games so you should be safe. I will try to update later this evening I should have already updated the thread but I have a sinus infection that is driving me insane.

Does anybody know where to buy the red rechargeable battery packs? I want matching batteries for the red controllers. I only found this www.brillantstore.com. I never heard of this store and I am afraid that these won't charge

[quote name='FuzTurtle']Does anybody know where to buy the red rechargeable battery packs? I want matching batteries for the red controllers. I only found this www.brillantstore.com. I never heard of this store and I am afraid that these won't charge[/QUOTE]
I would try gamestop and ebay

[quote name='knightsmith']Just A Heads up. I know people have been asking about the GOW 3 Controller and the Infected skins. Rod Fergusson Tweeted that the controller just comes with the infected lancer skin. but the console has all 5[/QUOTE]

I really never understood Twitter never used it either. Thanks for posting anyway. Good to see people still want to see this thread in the first 3 pages. I will try to do an update today on here if I can find any good sources for news or anything else Gears 3 related. Look at it this way we only have like 69 days before the release of Gears 3.

[quote name='deantjeep']Hey! How about a Gears of War toilet?
[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if that's a good buy for a Microsoft fanboy, or a Sony fanboy (since you can poop on the logo)...

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']So is there anywhere cheap to preorder this right now? I remember newegg had it for 48 but that doesnt seem to be going on right now.[/QUOTE]

Check the OP...

after 9/20 how long till the epic ED. is going to take a good price drop? or is Soldout?

I give the price drop 3mo. right around X-mas. soldout epic by march right around the time they will release a dlc

Still disappointed the Epic Edition doesn't have the lancer, and it's too late to change to the Limited Ed.

[quote name='progman3']Still disappointed the Epic Edition doesn't have the lancer, and it's too late to change to the Limited Ed.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused, what lancer are you talking about?

[quote name='JediKiller24']I'm confused, what lancer are you talking about?[/QUOTE]
I think he is talking about the Reto-lancer at gamestop that's why he can't change to the LE. they stopped taking pre-orders on the LE.

So are any of you going to have to work 'double-time' once MW3 comes out - as in trying to squeeze in as much game-time as possible on BOTH games? Or is most everyone here primarily stoked about GOW3?!

I'm going to be working double-time, got to be up on both leaderboards!!!

[quote name='VAL@CAG']So are any of you going to have to work 'double-time' once MW3 comes out - as in trying to squeeze in as much game-time as possible on BOTH games? Or is most everyone here primarily stoked about GOW3?!

I'm going to be working double-time, got to be up on both leaderboards!!!

.[/QUOTE]

I tend to stick to one game until i either get bored, finish it, or get a new game i want to play more. When i get gears i will probably play that for a month or more. Not sure if im even going to get MW3. But i know i want Skyrim. But like i said i will let a new game sit on the shelf if im having fun playing the current game im playing.

HEY. I don't know if it's real or not but I know that my GS has stopped the pre-orders on the Epic ED and the Retro lancers. Anyone else had this happen to them? I got mine I was going to get my lil brother one bc it's right before his birthday

I can't stand Call of duty. I only get it after a great sale to do mp with friends but that will be prop after x-mas

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate COD. I used to like it but I think MW2 killed it. I got sick and tired of people spamming me with messages after every game. "Im hosting a 10th Prestige Lobby the cost is 1600 Microsoft Points." I Block Communications. Seriously people if you have to hack to get ahead then why play at all. You spend $65 on the game $30 or more for map packs and $20 on a Prestige Lobby. I used to be a beast on COD so dont get me wrong there. Thats not the reason I hate COD. Almost everybody camps in corners with overpowered shotguns or spawn camps. I never would camp. Thats why I cant stand campers. They have no skill what so ever and yet they like to brag about their milestons. Big deal. Like I said I never camp and my best record on COD4 was 64-12 Hardcore Free For All on Shipment. That was a rush.

But I do like the fact that you can swap scopes in MW3. Thats about all.

Lets see...

400 for console
150 for epic edition
100 for lancer
100 for cole statue
175 for headphones
60 for a controller?
...did i miss anything?

Someone could easily spend over 1,000 on all this gears merch!

You forgot action figures.

Well, looks like Gears of War got majorly whored out. Not that it's really any different to say Modern Warfare 2 and all of the Halo games' "merchandising" ;) Can't wait to pick up half of these things on clearance! :D

You'd still have to pre-order multiple copies of the games to get the downloadable skins, and, as reported on the Gears Forums, retailers like Amazon are not accepting returns if the pre-order bonus has been redeemed. I'd expect other stores to follow.

Does anyone have any idea if the UPCs for Gears will be different based on the store due to the stores having different DLC characters available?

They did this with LA Noire when it was released and I KNOW for a fact they did because I bought a copy from Amazon and a copy from GS and the UPCs were different numbers.

I'd like to buy 3 copies and return 2 for the DLC characters.

The video games guy at BB told me today BB has recently started emailing the DLC codes out now instead of having something physical to give customers.

[quote name='imacgod']Who's that cosplayer? More![/QUOTE]
Meagan Marie. She used to work at GameInformer, now she's community manager for Tomb Raider or something. She just did the photo shoot. "More" will be coming in a couple weeks.

Does anybody know if I can here the sounds that the console makes anywhere. The system looks great but I really want to hear the custom sounds. I was a little underwhelmed by the star wars sounds from that custom system on Major Nelsons blog.

[quote name='junkie88']Does anybody know if I can here the sounds that the console makes anywhere. The system looks great but I really want to hear the custom sounds. I was a little underwhelmed by the star wars sounds from that custom system on Major Nelsons blog.[/QUOTE]

There was a video of the system power on/off sound posted a couple times. I havent heard what it sounds like when the cd tray is opened. Can anyone confirm that the sounds only work if you actually use the buttons on the system, and not doing the power/open tray via the controller? I thought thats how it worked.

[quote name='The 7th Number']There was a video of the system power on/off sound posted a couple times. I havent heard what it sounds like when the cd tray is opened. Can anyone confirm that the sounds only work if you actually use the buttons on the system, and not doing the power/open tray via the controller? I thought thats how it worked.[/QUOTE]

If the console is like my Halo: Reach console then you are correct as far as the sounds go: you will only hear the sounds when the power button and/or the eject button are pressed - not when using your controller...

[quote name='VAL@CAG']If the console is like my Halo: Reach console then you are correct as far as the sounds go: you will only hear the sounds when the power button and/or the eject button are pressed - not when using your controller...[/QUOTE]

So i would almost never hear the power up button. But i do use the console button to eject the discs.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Lets see...

400 for console
150 for epic edition
100 for lancer
100 for cole statue
175 for headphones
60 for a controller?
...did i miss anything?

Someone could easily spend over 1,000 on all this gears merch![/QUOTE]

Console comes with 2 controllers so theres that.

I'm tempted to order the gears controller with the 20% discount for 4 items (rest will be fillers) . Man I shouldn't have procrastinated all week to make this decision.

[quote name='hustletron']Does anyone have any idea if the UPCs for Gears will be different based on the store due to the stores having different DLC characters available?

They did this with LA Noire when it was released and I KNOW for a fact they did because I bought a copy from Amazon and a copy from GS and the UPCs were different numbers.

I'd like to buy 3 copies and return 2 for the DLC characters.

The video games guy at BB told me today BB has recently started emailing the DLC codes out now instead of having something physical to give customers.[/QUOTE]

I think some one at BB said Baird was in the box. So it may become harder to use this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back