Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the exclusive Marcus figure. I already bought the 2 pack of figures and pre-ordered the Gamestop figure the day it was available for pre-order. They really need to fix this snafu and deliver the correct figure. I guess my new 2 pack will arrive tomorrow. Really, how can you sell toys that are exclusive to TRU at Gamestop? I hope it works out for everyone that bought one.

After weeks of Backorder Hell, my Gamestop Retro Lancer arrived today. Someday when I have a cool game room it will go on the wall with my Amazon Gears 2 Lancer lol.

P.S. Gamestop I still hate you, I only use you when I am forced to.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Are you fucking kidding me? "Everyone" has been doing this for quite some time now. It's called "capitalism." You aren't ahead of the curve. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

wow, way to be a jerk about it. I wasn't trying to be better than anyone, not at all. I just hadn't seen anyone on the forums talk about it so much until Gears 3. calm down with the attitude.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I posted it in the BB 5/$100 pre-order thread, but if you haven't yet I would post in this thread on the BB forums about your missing Baird code:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Gadgets/Gears-of-War-3-Mechanic-Baird-question/td-p/328560

After they gave me the run around for weeks via email on my missing Madden 12 code I posted there and they PM'd me both my Baird and Madden codes yesterday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:bow:

I sent a PM to Mariel...she said she's about a day behind on getting the codes to people.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Just to update everyone here that hasn't gotten one. This is definitely the easy way to get one. Got my code PM'd this morning.

Thank you again GLOCKGLOCK!!!

---------------

Got my Savage Grenadier Elite code from Walmart along with the game today too. I really want to use it but it's still fetching ~$35 at eBay...I think I might have to sell it. :bomb:

[quote name='Haggar']After weeks of Backorder Hell, my Gamestop Retro Lancer arrived today. Someday when I have a cool game room it will go on the wall with my Amazon Gears 2 Lancer lol.

P.S. Gamestop I still hate you, I only use you when I am forced to.[/QUOTE]

I know $100 is too much for me to blow on that Retro Lancer, but it doesn't stop me from wanting it. I was able to keep myself rational and not buy the Gears 2 Lancer, so hopefully I can do that again.

[quote name='greggysasaki']I came here for the deals...not for a :twoguns: brag-a-thon complete with price paid, net profit, etc.[/QUOTE]

You're days late and a MOD should just close the thread already. You're right though, people are just bragging about selling their codes for profit and such.

Picked up somebody's Retro Lancer Replica preorder at Gamestop. Had to do it at the local GS at my work though. All my coworkers gave me a weird ass look watching me lug that Lancer around the office. LOL

[quote name='BingoBrown']Does it look like this one?

320053b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/toys/g...nd-marcus-fenix-and-locust-grunt-figure/92110

I thought I saw the TRU one in store a week ago, and I thought it was slightly different, but maybe I was wrong. Still, $15 for 2 Gears figures is a decent price.[/QUOTE]

I'd personally rather have these than the other one that was listed, not sure why everyone prefers that one. hoping this comes back in stock online

and I just sold off the Gears of War 3 limited edition contents for $60, and have listed the commando dom code at $20, if that sells I'll essentially have gotten Gears 3 for free. :)

Hey guys I'm wondering what's the proper protocol for code trading here since I exchanged my savage kantus code with xBabax and instead of giving me my code he's redeemed mine and is currently browsing free stuff forums instead of giving my code or responding to my PMs since 10pm after we had agreed to exchange codes. So how long do I have to wait before I report and where exactly do I have to go and do to report this failed trade and failed cag?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if if already been answered:
How much am I gonna get if I sell my best buy and gamestop code? I've never sell anything on ebay and I just wanna if it secure and how much does they charge?

I think that a thread specific to Gears 3 might be good...even if temporary. Maybe a mod *wink wink nudge nudge* can create one on trade forum that's strictly to trade skin for skin, and nothing else. ;)

ok so I ordered a copy from amazon for a friend (i have prime) and another buddy of mine wants gears from amazon too.

My question is this, it says there is a limit of 1 per household for the $20 promo credit but it still shows up at the top of the checkout page that my purchase qualifies for it. Will I still get it even though this would be my second gears purchase w/ them under the same account?

So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)
(Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?

[quote name='Jav0r']So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

(Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)) 1 Ready for pickup starting
Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, on my order it was

Controller - 40
Game - 40
Gift card - 20

But then again that was pre order when some of the items were not ready to ship? I believe i got my gift card right away, so if you havent gotten it in 24-48 hours then id worry.

I love gamestop. I got an Email from them saying my order has been shipped and they gave me a tracking number. Why when I look for it usps.com says "there is no record of this Item"!

[quote name='knightsmith']I love gamestop. I got an Email from them saying my order has been shipped and they gave me a tracking number. Why when I look for it usps.com says "there is no record of this Item"![/QUOTE]
The USPS tracking system is crap. It won't update until maybe tonight, more than likely not until Monday.

[quote name='Vader582']The USPS tracking system is crap. It won't update until maybe tonight, more than likely not until Monday.[/QUOTE]
That email was from Wed. morn.

[quote name='knightsmith']That email was from Wed. morn.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, that's not entirely surprising.
I hate GS as much as the next red-blooded gamer but I'm going to go with faulting the USPS.

Actually, like my order, the tracking number link went to USPS, when in fact it was sent via UPS. It probably starts with a 1? Try tracking the number on the UPS site and im sure it will find your package.

Okay, I just received an email from Gamestop regarding the Journey's end figure fiasco. They offered to let me keep the TRU 2 pack in place of their exclusive figure, which is delayed at the manufacturer, or I can return it, at their cost, and await the exclusive figure to arrive. I have opted to return the 2 pack, since I already have it and wait for the exclusive figure to arrive at Gamestop.com. They stated that it could take several months. An unfortunate mix up, but at least they are providing some options. I still want that cool Journey's End Marcus, I just have to wait...

[quote name='The 7th Number']Actually, like my order, the tracking number link went to USPS, when in fact it was sent via UPS. It probably starts with a 1? Try tracking the number on the UPS site and im sure it will find your package.[/QUOTE]

If it's 1Z, it's UPS. Otherwise, probably not. Although it has been awhile since I worked there.

Happily have my Gears console up and running. Controllers are nice although I have yet to mess with them for 2d games that the improved D-pad is supposed to help with. Amazon didn't send me my Savage Kantus code but after a quick email to them, they provided me with one. Just need to finish the campaign alone and I can start messing around with other stuff in the game.

Well it seems since the thread got moved to another section - and also the game coming out - the thread has lost a bunch of 'action' that it used to have.
I've enjoyed it immensely and I thank the OP for keeping up with the thread and for everyone else that participated. Keep up the good deals on Gaming everyone! We'll see ya around the site!!!

[quote name='Halo05']If it's 1Z, it's UPS. Otherwise, probably not. Although it has been awhile since I worked there.

Happily have my Gears console up and running. Controllers are nice although I have yet to mess with them for 2d games that the improved D-pad is supposed to help with. Amazon didn't send me my Savage Kantus code but after a quick email to them, they provided me with one. Just need to finish the campaign alone and I can start messing around with other stuff in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a 1z number and yes it is shipping ups. not usps. well that's great. Thanks fellas

For all you guys trading DLC, how are you doing it? Can you suggest a safe way to do it without either side getting burned?

[quote name='MaicoWin']For all you guys trading DLC, how are you doing it? Can you suggest a safe way to do it without either side getting burned?[/QUOTE]

Well, just trade with a reputable person here on the forum. Since you have no feedback you will need to send the code first, but so long as you can trade with an upstanding forum member you have a small chance of being burned.

Sorry, I meant other avenues than the trading forum. What do you think about if I sent someone money via PayPal like $5, they send me their code. They send me $5 via PayPal, and I send them my code? Something like that.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the Best Buy Baird DLC code email looks like? (black out the code itself!) I think that's what the email I just received is for, but wanted to compare against someone else.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Mine didnt mention baird at all just a generic code email mentioning Gears 3[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's what I got too.

[quote name='Jav0r']So I noticed last night that Walmart still was offering the $20 e gift card for the Gears of War 3 controller bundle. So I decided to purchase it. I just noticed this on my bill.

Thu., Oct 6 $40.00

Thu., Oct 6 $59.00

No mention of the e gift card in there. Did they just not update their website when I placed the order or am I totally screwed out of the gift card?[/QUOTE]

So Walmart refuses to give me the $20 e-gift card saying that it was never on their webpage with that bundle. I even showed them the link to it.
Afterwards, they sent me this "we are writing to let you know that the Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* $20 eGift Card & Limited Edition Controller is Temporarily out of stock. We hope to have the item in stock again soon."

I just went and got it from Kmart, better deal. Just curious, I did pick up the controller and left the game at FedEx since it came in different packages. So when the game is returned, are they going to just refund me the $60 for the game and let me keep the controller at $40 based on the refundable amount on the receipt?

I have a Halo Reach Games on Demand code I want to get rid of. Can anybody on here help me out. PM me if you are interested. I would like to get a Gears of War 3 Season Pass and a Liquid Green Weapon Skin for it but I will accept Microsoft Points and Xbox Live. I am also open to other offers as well. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knightsmith']Everyone ready for the Nov 1st & Dec 13 DLC?[/QUOTE]

Almost, holding out a little longer on buying points in case there's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back