Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I just saw this craigslist ad, and thought it was funny

hello i have resistance 3 for ps3 for sale like new with box
pick up only in hayward by toys r us..
will trade for gears of war 3 for ps3
call me at

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol I just saw this craigslist ad, and thought it was funny

hello i have resistance 3 for ps3 for sale like new with box
pick up only in hayward by toys r us..
will trade for gears of war 3 for ps3
call me at[/QUOTE]

I see listings on Ebay for Gears of War 3 for the PS3 too. been wondering what the sellers are trying to pull. They even have 'box art'.

On a side note...I see folks offering up dlc codes, so thought I'd throw mine up. I have Commando Dom to trade, and would really like a savage kantus if anyone would be so inclined.

Hi,

I've never played Gears 1 and 2. As a first time player, I'm thinking about ordering it off amazon with the $20 credit. Do you think I'll enjoy it having not played the previous titles? How are the 3rd person controls?

First time doing release date delivery with Amazon and was pleasantly surprised that it actually got to me on time (yeah I know everyone else always gets theirs, but sometimes my luck with getting stuff delivered on time sucks).

Put my Kantus code up on eBay and it sold for $19.99 less fees. Why people would pay so much for a skin is beyond me.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Hi,

I've never played Gears 1 and 2. As a first time player, I'm thinking about ordering it off amazon with the $20 credit. Do you think I'll enjoy it having not played the previous titles? How are the 3rd person controls?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think you would. There is even a little movie on the disc that summarizes previous events in the series.

The controls are different than what you would be used to in say--an FPS. Much slower paced. Your actions/movements must be deliberate. That's what I really like about the game.

I've never played Gears 1 and 2. As a first time player, I'm thinking about ordering it off amazon with the $20 credit. Do you think I'll enjoy it having not played the previous titles? How are the 3rd person controls?[/QUOTE]

I would really recommend getting the first 2 tittles and just running through the campaigns. They are very cheap, I picked up GOW 1 a year ago from game stop for $4 and gow 2 for 12.

Wow... my Kantus code sold for $20.

So, I used $60 in Kindle Gift card money that I basically got for half off, so $30 out of pocket. And I got a $20 promotional credit, and $20 for the DLC. It took a little bit of work, but I basically got Gears 3 for -$5.

[quote name='HornyPony']I would really recommend getting the first 2 tittles and just running through the campaigns. They are very cheap, I picked up GOW 1 a year ago from game stop for $4 and gow 2 for 12.[/QUOTE]

An easier way would be to just get the GoW triple pack. On sale for $20 + free shipping at newegg right now. Comes with DLC too. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103232

If you want to do that though, might as well wait for a price drop on GoW3. While the first campaign is short, the second one takes a bit to get through. It kind of sucks to miss out on the hype bandwagon, I guess, though. I think Epic designed this game so that anyone could jump into it, even without playing the prequels (I'm basing this assumption on what CliffyB said in his interview at the NYC launch and also on the fact that they include the video summary in the game). It's not like the storyline is that deep anyway, haha (although the second game had some interesting twists, I'll admit. There is some character development.).

[quote name='deantjeep']Gamestop Exclusive Journey's End Marcus Fenix action figure revealed! At least I hope this is the one...
http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=17711

Must be the correct figure as many sites are now reporting it in.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sick! I almost pre-ordered one back in the day.

EDIT: My Kantus code sold for $18.xx Not as good as others, but still good. I don't even like the look of the Kantus.

I recommend you buy Gears 3. Like someone mentioned before, it's nice to play a game during the height of the hype. Plus, before starting the campaign there's a "Previously in Gears" video that sums it up nicely, you wont miss a thing.

On a side note, if it turns out you cant get enough of gears, going back to 1 and 2 won't be difficult - think of it as a prequel of sorts. For instance, with halo I knew for years what happened on reach, but it was still my favorite game, even though the story wasn't chronological. It would be fun playing Gears in reverse IMO.

Great campaigns with so many classic moments.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Looks like Amazon has updated their Bonus Offer on the main page for all editions of Gears. They have REMOVED the Savage Kantus bonus. Gamestop has also stopped offering Commando Dom. [/QUOTE]
Well, they were pre-order only bonuses. Not saying they won't be offered later as DLC (hope they are), but they weren't initially offered any other way.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I got a few extra I will send you one when I am on my laptop this evening.

Also I have Commando Dom I want to trade for Mechanic Baird. PM me if you are willing to trade. I can also throw in a Griffin Code also. That's Commando Dom and Griffin for Mechanic Baird. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

H3mi R4m I just sent you a Private Message. I hope you can still help me.

: )

[quote name='VAL@CAG']H3mi R4m I just sent you a Private Message. I hope you can still help me.

: )[/QUOTE]

I will pm you tomorrow. I lost track of time playing Gears of War 3. Lol. I got a few extra Griffin codes like I said I will send you one no problem. I kept Commando Dom and I also got Mechanic Baird and Savage Kantus. Now all I need is Savage Grenadier Elite. So if anybody has one PM me. Lol.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Oh, well, my copy went missing somewhere between Wal-Mart, FedEx, and my front porch... [/QUOTE]Yup, it was FedEx... I woke up this afternoon/evening to a package saying “do not deliver till the 20th” stamped on it... So, yeah, no replacement package yet. :roll:

So, yay, I get to call Wal-Mart again in the morning to try and stop the shipment of the new package... and, well, tell them I'll never buy from them again. I know its not their fault but I have no desire to deal with FedEx again.

So, I got my EE and am so happy with how this game turned out. I was hoping someone here also got it to give me a little run down on how this fucking Marcus Statue works. During the day I have a good amount of light in my room, but then at night, the statue doesn't "glow."

[quote name='spauldingfan']So I was getting the run around with Gamestop as well in regards to the retro lancer bundle, and they couldn't give me a straight answer. Long story short the pending charge on my bank account was removed, and the $28 in GS credit was put back on my card... AND apparently they shipped the game to me at no charge ??!?! I also got a Dom code in my email... this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I'm having a similar problem. I got the email saying I wouldn't be charged shipping on my order because the Lancer was backordered (I placed my order back in May, literally the day they were announced but whatever). When my game arrived Tuesday minus the lancer, the receipt was for $73; $60 for the game, $13 for shipping. I jump online to check my checking account and see that I was actually charged $79.

I sent them an email to find out what the heck is going on... no word back yet. Really pissed off about this, as I ordered 3-day shipping to save a little money (the package was save $20 when you buy the game+lancer online) and was both "upgraded" & charged for it, as well as not getting my Lancer in the first place :roll:

I'm amazed at what these codes are selling for. I mean, paying ANYTHING for Griffin when you unlock him anyway by playing the game, and can get the code for free.... wow. I have the Walter White..... I mean Adam Fenix code from my Console bundle. I'm thinking of selling it since I'd get enough to cover the Gears of War pass. I mean, one multiplayer skin or the next years worth of DLC for free? Tough decision.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I'm amazed at what these codes are selling for. I mean, paying ANYTHING for Griffin when you unlock him anyway by playing the game, and can get the code for free.... wow. I have the Walter White..... I mean Adam Fenix code from my Console bundle. I'm thinking of selling it since I'd get enough to cover the Gears of War pass. I mean, one multiplayer skin or the next years worth of DLC for free? Tough decision.[/QUOTE]

Sell it! The value will drop the longer you wait.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sell it! The value will drop the longer you wait.[/QUOTE]

not necessarily. I can see Savage Grenadier going back up.

[quote name='Donut2922']not necessarily. I can see Savage Grenadier going back up.[/QUOTE]

Nah, once the "buzz" wears off the prices go down...they already have. Everybody is all worked up over this "money pit" releasing right now..lol

Now say 6 months or longer it might go up in value....as long as these bonus characters aren't released at a later date for everybody to purchase....which they probably will.

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks
ALSO CAGs in the #1 GROUP WE'RE LOSING TO TEH NUMBER 2 GROUP!! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP

Since I haven't gotten my Amazon Savage Kanthus code I-emailed them right away today right when 1201am struck because that would officially make it 2 days after they shipped my Gears 3 on the 20th.. I got the reply 2 hours later with the code. Good service, actually surprised I got someone who knows what I am talking about... last time I had promotional issues with them it took a couple of e-mails back and forth.

Just FYI:

For people who think they haven't gotten their Savage Kantus code from Amazon, I thought the same thing. I realized that my email account had filtered it into a separate folder because the code was emailed from "[email protected]" (which is the email that all their deal emails get sent from) and I had set up a filter for all those deal emails to go into a separate folder.

Thanks, I think I'll pick up Gears 3 soon.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Yes, I think you would. There is even a little movie on the disc that summarizes previous events in the series.

The controls are different than what you would be used to in say--an FPS. Much slower paced. Your actions/movements must be deliberate. That's what I really like about the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wgpfly']Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks
ALSO CAGs in the #1 GROUP WE'RE LOSING TO TEH NUMBER 2 GROUP!! WE NEED TO STEP IT UP[/QUOTE]

LOL, maybe you should rename the groups so #2 is #1. ;)

Sold kantus for $46 and adam remix for $28. This was about three weeks ago. Means I got the LE for $6. I've been doing this for years and now im worried that everyone will and the profits wont be as lucrative. This hasfor been my cheap ass method of game funding.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Sold kantus for $46 and adam remix for $28. This was about three weeks ago. Means I got the LE for $6. I've been doing this for years and now im worried that everyone will and the profits wont be as lucrative. This hasfor been my cheap ass method of game funding.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking kidding me? "Everyone" has been doing this for quite some time now. It's called "capitalism." You aren't ahead of the curve. Get over it.

[quote name='snowmint']Best buy sent me a code online. What does this code unlock for me? I might give it to my cousin.[/QUOTE]

mechanic baird for online mp. could i have lol :)

[quote name='BrolyB593']Anyone still waiting on the Mechanic Baird code to be emailed?[/QUOTE]

Finally just got mine PM'ed to my via BB forum...

Got mine emailed to me finally by BB this morning - had it sold on ebay for $20 within 10 minutes. Plus already beat (never been a big Gear MP fan) and sold the game to a buddy for $50 and got $20 credit with it. All and all, a fun week with gears.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside'] [quote name='chubbyninja1319']Sold kantus for $46 and adam remix for $28. This was about three weeks ago. Means I got the LE for $6. I've been doing this for years and now im worried that everyone will and the profits wont be as lucrative. This hasfor been my cheap ass method of game funding.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking kidding me? "Everyone" has been doing this for quite some time now. It's called "capitalism." You aren't ahead of the curve. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

P'wned! :twoguns:

I'm open to codes for those people with a heart. lol I love the characters n skins in this game. I can't believe they want so much for the season pass though :(

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Are you fucking kidding me? "Everyone" has been doing this for quite some time now. It's called "capitalism." You aren't ahead of the curve. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I among many others have been doing this for years. Sold my Baird code for $35 and my Adam Fenix code for $30 this time. Other stuff I've sold in the past includes the Gears 2 gold weapons codes (Hammerburst and Lancer), Little Big Planet pre-order costumes, Uncharted 2 gold weapons, ect. I've offset the cost of several of my games this generation using that method.

Am I supposed to get my Savage Kantus code emailed to me or something? I heard you were supposed to wait 2 days after your purchase from amazon.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Agreed. I among many others have been doing this for years. Sold my Baird code for $35 and my Adam Fenix code for $30 this time. Other stuff I've sold in the past includes the Gears 2 gold weapons codes (Hammerburst and Lancer), Little Big Planet pre-order costumes, Uncharted 2 gold weapons, ect. I've offset the cost of several of my games this generation using that method.[/QUOTE]

Oh, the Gold Lancer... because of you, the Hammerburst, and the Centaur tank from BB I think I was paid $10 for the LE of GOW2.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Am I supposed to get my Savage Kantus code emailed to me or something? I heard you were supposed to wait 2 days after your purchase from amazon.[/QUOTE]

You should have gotten it by now. For some reason I got mine at 3AM on 9/20 (release day)... check your junk mail?

I haven't gotten my Savage Kantus codes either I ordered 2 copies one for myself and one for my son, nothing in my junk or regular email

Sold my kantus code for $18, I sould've set a higher BIN. All good, I thought I read somewhere that the extra characters will be available for purchase anyway....

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Are you fucking kidding me? "Everyone" has been doing this for quite some time now. It's called "capitalism." You aren't ahead of the curve. Get over it.[/QUOTE]

Shit, most of us haven't really paid for a game in god knows how long with all the promotional offers being stacked initially and then the games being sold once played. Take halo reach purchased at BB during the pre-order for example. Instant $20 gift card + $10 if you were a reward zone member. Bought two copies and sold both for on ebay for a $105 net gain.

$120 spent - $105 profit = $15 in the hole.
$60 in gift cards - $15 =$45 FOR FREE

Yes, people were getting PAID $45 to buy a few copies from BB and sell them on ebay.

This is only one of many examples were we've all made money on a bait n' switch.
As long as there are dumbasses paying full retail for games upon release without any credits or promotions, us CAGs will continue to play for free! :D

[quote name='mrsteel74']I haven't gotten my Savage Kantus codes either I ordered 2 copies one for myself and one for my son, nothing in my junk or regular email[/QUOTE]

If purchased from amazon contact customer service. I did and they emailed me the code directly.

I sold....(after paypal fee)

Savage Kantus - 11.84
Savage Grenadier Elite - 33.68
Adam Fenix - 20.00
Infected Omen - 20.00 (still awaiting payment from someone who BIN)

So overall not bad... especially when i think these pre order skins are going to end up in the season pass, or even on their own for maybe 400ms points.

In other news..... I ordered a journeys end marcus fenix figure from gamestop and i got it today in the mail and its the Toys R Us double pack of Fenix and Locust, it even has the TRU sticker on the front. WTF. Apparently this is bigger mess up than just my order too, because i see people posting about this on the epic forums.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
In other news..... I ordered a journeys end marcus fenix figure from gamestop and i got it today in the mail and its the Toys R Us double pack of Fenix and Locust, it even has the TRU sticker on the front. WTF. Apparently this is bigger mess up than just my order too, because i see people posting about this on the epic forums.[/QUOTE]

Does it look like this one?

320053b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/toys/g...nd-marcus-fenix-and-locust-grunt-figure/92110

I thought I saw the TRU one in store a week ago, and I thought it was slightly different, but maybe I was wrong. Still, $15 for 2 Gears figures is a decent price.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Does it look like this one?

320053b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/toys/g...nd-marcus-fenix-and-locust-grunt-figure/92110

I thought I saw the TRU one in store a week ago, and I thought it was slightly different, but maybe I was wrong. Still, $15 for 2 Gears figures is a decent price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its that one, but mine actually has the silver TRU sticker in the middle. LOL. Personally i would rather have the correct figure, even though getting this pack for half price is nice. This is what the figure should look like.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Yeah its that one, but mine actually has the silver TRU sticker in the middle. LOL. Personally i would rather have the correct figure, even though getting this pack for half price is nice. This is what the figure should look like.[/QUOTE]

Wow, yeah, that's a HUGE snafu. I don't know how you could confuse a 2 pack for a single figure.

That Marcus looks pretty sweet. I wonder if it will end up in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back