Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='wolve']Are you referring to packaging for the regular edition? If so, what did you expect? Most companies barely include an instruction booklet these days.[/QUOTE]

Deus Ex did a decent job. I was happy to see that.

[quote name='timmylamb']still no preorder code from BB...like they didnt know today was release day? how can you eff this up like this BB?????? i want my code!!!!![/QUOTE]

Call customer service, thats how I got my code. Make sure you dial from the # on your account though or they'll think you're just phishing for a code.

Sucks its almost 5 and still no ups all my friends calling me to play and i have no game. Got my 20 credit and kantus code. Now im debating if should preorder future games from amazon...

[quote name='boredasfook']Sucks its almost 5 and still no ups all my friends calling me to play and i have no game. Got my 20 credit and kantus code. Now im debating if should preorder future games from amazon...[/QUOTE]

I just received a note that there was a mechanical issue with UPS' truck or aircraft and that my game won't be delivered until tomorrow. Considering whether or not I should make a fuss of this or not.

Received the e-mailed code and went in today to pick up the game and trade in some games for the +40% with GOW3 purchase.
Complete the trade and headed to CS for the game...

Asked for the $20 Kmart GC pm and was turned down.
CS rep asked the manager who decided no...CS commented that the manager's decided yay or nay at their discretion...
So I had the CS take off the game which she did and then applied the $5 to a couple Lion King metal box preorders...

My game didn't come today either :( (Amazon, release-day shipping). I don't really feel like making a stink about it even though I am pretty annoyed. Might just forego Amazon pre-orders from now on.

I got the same email from Amazon, confirm my shipment is lost and on its way 1-2 days late...I am making a stink about it. I pay for my Prime membership and expect what I pay for. As a seller myself if I delay shipment you better believe I am going to try to make the customer happy. Simple customer satisfaction.

Loaded question. Did anybody get the Epic Edition from Gamestop and not be able to redeem the Epic Edition content? I just tried redeeming the IO Weapon Skins and it said Invalid Code so I tried it again and it said the code has already been used. Tried it again one last time and it said invalid code. I'm in the middle of campaign so I haven't tried the Adam Fenix code yet. I will let you know how that goes. I emailed Xbox and Epic Games asking for help so hopefully I can redeem it. Lol.

In the mean time I know this is a lot to ask on here but would anybody on here be able to PM me a code for Mechanic Baird. Please and thanks. I've also got extra Griffin codes if you want one in trade. Lol.

calling BB customer service, 15min hold call drop, call again 45min hold someone picks up, transfers me, phone rings they pick up then they hang up...third try, if this doesnt work i'm going to buy from another store and return this to BB, yes, it will make me feel better knowing I will not give BB my business, now I know why I stop shopping at this place...

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Please Register Then Use The Link To Join. Thanks

STILL LOOKING!

Was the Baird Mechanic code the only pre-order bonus from Best Buy? I thought they might've had something else but might be thinking crazy.

[quote name='timmylamb']calling BB customer service, 15min hold call drop, call again 45min hold someone picks up, transfers me, phone rings they pick up then they hang up...third try, if this doesnt work i'm going to buy from another store and return this to BB, yes, it will make me feel better knowing I will not give BB my business, now I know why I stop shopping at this place...[/QUOTE]

I buy very few things from BB anymore. Id rather support gamestop then BB at this moment. I've heard more complaints on there preorder bonuses and that 5/$100 reward zone then anywhere.

Picked up my copy today after class. Not sure if everyone got this, but my BB had leftover stuff from the midnight launch (I guess).

j94uqa.png

I didn't have release day shipping but it came today from amazon around 10:40 am. Maybe since i had it ordered from over a year ago (goldbox) they hooked it up?

I needed a second copy for a birthday gift so i went to Best Buy's midnight launch. lame.
you could pick from a shirt or a bag. pretty much everyone got the bag since the shirts were only large and no way any of them could to fit in that lol. i was expecting a hell of alot more, ie, the comic, keychains, beanie etc.

i think i'm done with the midnight disappointment from BB.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Picked up my copy today after class. Not sure if everyone got this, but my BB had leftover stuff from the midnight launch (I guess).

j94uqa.png
[/QUOTE]

I got one of each at midnight and a free coke zero :cool:

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Picked up my copy today after class. Not sure if everyone got this, but my BB had leftover stuff from the midnight launch (I guess).

j94uqa.png
[/QUOTE]
wow, I was at Best Buy at midnight, with only about 30 people ahead of me, and all they had left when I got up there were the lanyards. Would've loved the other stuff. bummer.

congrats on your luck though!

[quote name='aznhero913']Did the Walmart copies get a dlc card inside of it?[/QUOTE]

Walmart order I purchased online was packaged outside of the game case. It was wrapped inside a big plastic bag. So there is no DLC packed inside.

3rd call to best buy, 1h 9mins, chick on the phone fumbled around with my account she asked for my phone number I am not sure if she was just lying or what but she said there was a dely in the emails going out, then i asked her ok so can you confirm my email on my account and hrmmm she said oh, its not showing...that made me think she was only pretending to take my info down, it took her 10mins to do whatever then she told me that my email in my account was wrong, how could that be? I am getting all the spam mails from best buy reward zone, I got my reward certificate email when i printed it out 2 days ago, but she tells me they have 3 different systems...i played along but I think all she did was change my email, as I got 2 emails showing my account info was updated.

So dont waste your breath calling best buy customer service, its at least a 45min wait and they wont be able to help you at all.

[quote name='timmylamb']3rd call to best buy, 1h 9mins, chick on the phone fumbled around with my account she asked for my phone number I am not sure if she was just lying or what but she said there was a dely in the emails going out, then i asked her ok so can you confirm my email on my account and hrmmm she said oh, its not showing...that made me think she was only pretending to take my info down, it took her 10mins to do whatever then she told me that my email in my account was wrong, how could that be? I am getting all the spam mails from best buy reward zone, I got my reward certificate email when i printed it out 2 days ago, but she tells me they have 3 different systems...i played along but I think all she did was change my email, as I got 2 emails showing my account info was updated.

So dont waste your breath calling best buy customer service, its at least a 45min wait and they wont be able to help you at all.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely confirm the long ass wait, but had no problem getting my code. She just asked me to confirm info on my account and approximately when I preordered and a long long silence later I got my Baird code recited to me over the phone and in an email.

So I was getting the run around with Gamestop as well in regards to the retro lancer bundle, and they couldn't give me a straight answer. Long story short the pending charge on my bank account was removed, and the $28 in GS credit was put back on my card... AND apparently they shipped the game to me at no charge ??!?! I also got a Dom code in my email... this happen to anyone else?

do you guys think that the Epic edition will be like many others and go heavily on sale ? I want it but $150 seems foolish when these things usually go for half the price or more in 2-3 months.

i'm so busy and backlogged with games i probably wouldn't be able to play it right away anyways. thoughts?

[quote name='y0shelite']do you guys think that the Epic edition will be like many others and go heavily on sale ? I want it but $150 seems foolish when these things usually go for half the price or more in 2-3 months.

i'm so busy and backlogged with games i probably wouldn't be able to play it right away anyways. thoughts?[/QUOTE]

it'll go down to at least $99 by Christmas for certain. Once MW3 and BF3 comes out, you'll see universal price drops for all other shooter type games.

[quote name='y0shelite']do you guys think that the Epic edition will be like many others and go heavily on sale ? I want it but $150 seems foolish when these things usually go for half the price or more in 2-3 months.

i'm so busy and backlogged with games i probably wouldn't be able to play it right away anyways. thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Well the Limited Edition is gone from major web within a day.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Can anyone confirm that sku for another store other then BB? I want to pick up a copy at walmart and then wait for my online order from walmart to come in and return it. I know I wont get my online order for at least a week.[/QUOTE]

walmart uses the same upc. It's all the same.

Just wanted to let everyone know that while I was away at work, my BB pre-order DLC fiasco was resolved. If you are still having issues, check out the BB Community Forums...there's a great rep named Mariel who has been helping people all day. She eventually issued me a code (after much whining and complaining on my part :)). Also, I had some family members that pre-ordered late on the 19th, and they both got their codes this afternoon. So, keep up hope, it seems that they are still working on the situation.

Now if I wasn't getting screwed on my Lancer by GS, I'd be really happy!

[quote name='Gsuscryst']I didn't have release day shipping but it came today from amazon around 10:40 am. Maybe since i had it ordered from over a year ago (goldbox) they hooked it up?

I needed a second copy for a birthday gift so i went to Best Buy's midnight launch. lame.
you could pick from a shirt or a bag. pretty much everyone got the bag since the shirts were only large and no way any of them could to fit in that lol. i was expecting a hell of alot more, ie, the comic, keychains, beanie etc.

i think i'm done with the midnight disappointment from BB.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by got it during goldbox? Was the price lower than $59.99? When did you order it? I placed my order in October of last year.

When I called Amazon to politely complain, they seemed utterly unconcerned and merely suggested that I send it back if I wasn't happy.

[quote name='spauldingfan']So I was getting the run around with Gamestop as well in regards to the retro lancer bundle, and they couldn't give me a straight answer. Long story short the pending charge on my bank account was removed, and the $28 in GS credit was put back on my card... AND apparently they shipped the game to me at no charge ??!?! I also got a Dom code in my email... this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I totally got the runaround with them, as well, but my situation wasn't resolved nearly as nicely as yours...I got taken for the old bait and switch by GS:

I haven't been able to access any information on the order for the bundle I placed on 9/8 (the $140 one, with the $100 Lancer, then the game 'discounted' to $40), so I finally called in today. I got a shipment notification yesterday, but just for the standard edition of the game, no lancer. I looked at the balance of my EDGE card (used all trade credit), and they had deducted $70 something from my card. So I paid full MSRP plus tax and shipping for a vanilla copy that I will not have until Thursday.

Long story short, the rep told me that they are hearing from the manufacturer that they will not even possibly have them until at least the 26th. I mentioned to him that I paid $8.99 for 3-day shipping for the bundle, hinting that I did that specifically for the Lancer (I could get the fucking game for full MSRP from a million other places and have it before Thursday!:bomb:), and also wondering why I was charged full price when the game was supposed to be discounted.

He really had no answer, except to speculate that 'maybe the Lancer would be discounted by $20, if it ships', and offered no mention of the shipping, nor offered to at the very least, refund the $8.99 charge. At least I did receive a DLC code for the vanilla copy. That will be promptly flipped before I return the game (assuming the Lancer doesn't get sent) for my 'pain and suffering'.

So my experience is almost 180 degrees from yours. They conned me into paying over $70 for a regular copy of GoW3 that I won't have until at least Thursday!

Quality as always, GS...:booty:

If anyone else hears any information on a backordered Lancer, please let us know.

[quote name='foreinter']Gears of War 3 trade in value at Amazon is $40.5.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting that. Gonna unload two copies of the standard edition.

[quote name='sgaldis']
If anyone else hears any information on a backordered Lancer, please let us know.[/QUOTE]

I posted in this thread before, but just to recap- I ordered the Lancer alone, without the game (Got the game from Amazon).

I ordered the Lancer on the first day it was available, in like May or March.

Order got canceled by Gamestop and a new order created.

New order showed up as "Backordered" and was stuck in backorder hell.

I emailed the first time, and a CR rep told me that everyone who had a backorder status would get their lancer. He said he checked my order specifically and I was fine. It would ship soon.

After a week after release and my credit card not being charged, I emailed again to ask what the hold up was, that the Lancer was supposed to ship on the 13th because it wasn't bundled with the game and a week later I wasn't even charged for it.

The next day I am charged and the Lancer ships.

The day after that the same rep (I am guessing due to the same name) emails to say they understand my frustration and are waiting on more units from the manufacturer and *if* I get one it will be at the end of the month.

My tracking shows it was shipped and it is due to arrive on thursday.

Just such an clusterfuck from Gamestop. I never, ever order from them anymore, but the Lancer was exclusive to them and I wanted to have it.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Thanks for posting that. Gonna unload two copies of the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 3 TIV at bestbuy is $29. With those preorder promotion and Gamer club 10% you will probably get more than Amazon.

[quote name='ProggleRock']My game didn't come today either :( (Amazon, release-day shipping). I don't really feel like making a stink about it even though I am pretty annoyed. Might just forego Amazon pre-orders from now on.[/QUOTE]

Made a stink and they refunded my $0.99 shipping. Hooray!

[quote name='Bloomy']Received my Mechanic Baird code e-mail from Best Buy earlier tonight (~10pm Eastern).[/QUOTE]

1 saving grace for me, even with all the crap of Best Butt I went through, they screwed up in store when I pre-ordered it, so it went through twice I got Two Baird codes, I sold 1 on ebay for $20 - the 2.62 ebay and pp fees I got 17.38 in my PP account, not too shabby. I see where some people sold it for as much as $50 I'm not that greedy. That helps the sting of dealing with them a little plus the 60 % extra trade in cred I got. Just wish I would have done it a week earlier, waiting cost me $10 tiv with prices trending downward.

Oh yeah they also screwed up my reward zone points, somehow it shows I spent no money to get my game, lol I don't care not going back anytime soon th deal with their convoluted BS reward system, just glad I got my game, and got out with my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foreinter']Gears of War 3 TIV at bestbuy is $29. With those preorder promotion and Gamer club 10% you will probably get more than Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Too much work for me. I prefer shopping at Amazon anyway since I'm a prime member. Free RDD on many AAA releases, no sales tax, and good customer service when there is a problem, as opposed to horrible customer service (at a certain local Best Buy of mine). Also, I don't have to waste gas driving to BB.

[quote name='MXRider']i wish i got swag at the BB midnight launch I went to but the fucking employees took it all.[/QUOTE]
Same for me at GameStop midnight launch, bro. They did trivia questions and gave away old Halo and Call of Duty crap.

My Best Buy gave away a large black Gears of War 3 t-shirt and a backpack drawstring gym bag thingy.

If anyone is interested in that kind of stuff, pm me.

anyone who got the limited edition from amazon not have a good packing job? mine is all smashed in at the corners and scratches all over it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back