Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MattyB']Cool, thanks. I've been wondering this for a long time. Was Halo:Reach with the statue the same way?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it had the ltd edition on top and underneath was the cheap plastic statue... and the dlc codes were in the game case.

Did you guys know that GS stopped taking pre-orders for the limited edition. I go in to pre-order that and HOF edition of Madden and get told that they already reached their max. I was really dissapointed, but I'll look for it else where. Also sorry if someone already posted that bit of info.

[quote name='Xenokai']ugh i want the savage kantus, hopefully one of my friends will trade me one for the extra Infected Omen skin pack im gonna have from my controller.[/QUOTE]

you don't get that from the controller, you get 5 different skins for various guns right?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']you don't get that from the controller, you get 5 different skins for various guns right?[/QUOTE]

With the controller you get the Infected Omen weapon skin pack of 5 weapons, it was originally only going to be 1 of them but Microsoft changed it. Its the Same as the one that comes with the epic edition. The omen pack is worth more then the kantus but im gonna have 2 of them and only need 1, trying to trade it for a kantus. =/

So does anyone know what the chances are of Walmart refusing to take a return if you use the character skin code and $20 gift card before returning the game?

[quote name='Wedgie']So does anyone know what the chances are of Walmart refusing to take a return if you use the character skin code and $20 gift card before returning the game?[/QUOTE]
Considering that's fraudulent, I'd say your chances of getting anything near a full refund are slim and none.

I can't wait to get my EE. I don't want to know how to contents are laid out in the box, I just want to be surprised when I open it.

And same here. I bought the controller yesterday, so now I'll have a spare Infected Omen. I'm curious to see what I can trade it for.

[quote name='Xenokai']With the controller you get the Infected Omen weapon skin pack of 5 weapons, it was originally only going to be 1 of them but Microsoft changed it. Its the Same as the one that comes with the epic edition. The omen pack is worth more then the kantus but im gonna have 2 of them and only need 1, trying to trade it for a kantus. =/[/QUOTE]

Ohh shit I might jump on that right before the game comes out? Are you able to redeem the code for that right away or do you have to wait until the release? Damn still mad GS doesn't have the Limited Edition, here's hoping that BB has it for I could get "mechanical Baird"

[quote name='Ronin317']Considering that's fraudulent, I'd say your chances of getting anything near a full refund are slim and none.[/QUOTE]

Why is it fraudulent? You got a free gift card for pre-ordering, not for keeping the game. Does it specifically say on the receipt that there is no returns unless the code and gift card are not used? Do they even keep that kind of data available for the returns department?

What if someone would've gotten the game as a gift and I wanted to return it but they used the gift card themselves? I just wouldn't be able to return the game at all?

Opinions from people in this topic.

Is the Special Edition 360 worth it?

Had my Phat 250 Gig for close to 2 years now, and i have been interested into upgrading to a Slim for a while. (Plus, the new Controllers and the Updated D-Pad seem pretty awesome too).

[quote name='dgwillia006']Opinions from people in this topic.

Had my Phat 250 Gig for close to 2 years now, and i have been interested into upgrading to a Slim for a while. (Plus, the new Controllers and the Updated D-Pad seem pretty awesome too).[/QUOTE]

If you wan to drop the money knock yourself out. Just buy the controller and the epic edition and you still save meny compared to buy a new system. THat's my opionion.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Opinions from people in this topic.

Had my Phat 250 Gig for close to 2 years now, and i have been interested into upgrading to a Slim for a while. (Plus, the new Controllers and the Updated D-Pad seem pretty awesome too).[/QUOTE]

If you got the money, were planning on getting the game and controller anyway, I say yeah its worth it. 320gb hard drive alone is nice.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If you wan to drop the money knock yourself out. Just buy the controller and the epic edition and you still save meny compared to buy a new system. THat's my opionion.[/QUOTE]

The point is i WANT a new system. I have horrible luck with 360's, and i'd much prefer to upgrade before i have any issues (And having to wait for a replacement, or scramble to get the money to upgrade).

And the Epic Edition just seems like a waste of money.......everything except the game and the DLC would never be touched by me again.

Guess ill have to see how long Gamestop's promo last for trading in consoles. Otherwise i might just have to do it at Best Buy.

If you mean the extra $50 thing, that's till the 21st of this month, so unless you can talk your manager into letting you do it towards a pre-order (which a few people have said they were able to do), you're out of luck.

[quote name='dgwillia006']The point is i WANT a new system. I have horrible luck with 360's, and i'd much prefer to upgrade before i have any issues (And having to wait for a replacement, or scramble to get the money to upgrade).

And the Epic Edition just seems like a waste of money.......everything except the game and the DLC would never be touched by me again.

Guess ill have to see how long Gamestop's promo last for trading in consoles. Otherwise i might just have to do it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

ohh ok. You need to take better care of your systems your horrible... nah jk but get the system. I didn't know it was 320 GB plus you get 2 controllers as well and you also the code for the omen pack that come with the controller alone so yeah I say get the system instead.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Ohh shit I might jump on that right before the game comes out? Are you able to redeem the code for that right away or do you have to wait until the release? Damn still mad GS doesn't have the Limited Edition, here's hoping that BB has it for I could get "mechanical Baird"

[quote name='Royal High Knight']ohh ok. You need to take better care of your systems your horrible... nah jk but get the system. I didn't know it was 320 GB plus you get 2 controllers as well and you also the code for the omen pack that come with the controller alone so yeah I say get the system instead.[/QUOTE]

Lol, in my whole life, my 360's have been the only consoles to give me issues

[quote name='Ronin317']Considering that's fraudulent, I'd say your chances of getting anything near a full refund are slim and none.[/QUOTE]

And what if I return the game without using the gift card and character code, then the next day try redeeming them and they still work?

[quote name='Obiwan456']If you mean the extra $50 thing, that's till the 21st of this month, so unless you can talk your manager into letting you do it towards a pre-order (which a few people have said they were able to do), you're out of luck.[/QUOTE]

Ah dang, hope it starts up by next month again then. Dont think i can go a month without my 360

Ordered the GoW3 and controller bundle from Walmart yesterday , looks like I will be getting the controller sooner than expected.

ORDER SUMMARY
------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 16 AUG 2011 10:03 AM

Description
------------------------------------------------------
Xbox 360 Gears of War 3 Wireless Controller (Xbox 360)
Original release date : 20 SEP 2011
New release date : 19 AUG 2011
Should arrive by : 25 AUG 2011
Selected Shipping Method : Standard Shipping

That's weird, I thought Walmart would have it by now. On GameStop's site it said it came out the 16th, but stores had them in stock a week before that.

[quote name='Wedgie']So does anyone know what the chances are of Walmart refusing to take a return if you use the character skin code and $20 gift card before returning the game?[/QUOTE]

if the code is inside and you open it. 0 chance of you getting money back. Sealed game you will get $40 back bc they gave you a $20 gift card

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Did you guys know that GS stopped taking pre-orders for the limited edition. I go in to pre-order that and HOF edition of Madden and get told that they already reached their max. I was really dissapointed, but I'll look for it else where. Also sorry if someone already posted that bit of info.[/QUOTE]

all stores are given a x amount for pre-orders and then they have some for web-orders and some just for back ups. but you are almost a month out. they even pulled the web pre-orders a month ago. get it from amazon or see if you can get the Epic Ed.

I juts placed a order for a Gears 3 Controller on walmart.com and it first said 59.97 but after i checked out i noticed the price was only 49.00! +tax/ship. Glitch or they maybe making it on sale?

Here is an odd one, I pre-ordered the Controller/Game bundle from WalMart last month and when I checked on the order status today it shows the following:

1 Gears of War 3 w/ Bonus* In-Game Content (Xbox 360)
1 V: The Complete Second Season; Format: DVD

I checked my original order email and it says game and controller on that. I was thinking of just cancelling and re-ordering, but since there is a gift card attached it makes it a real mess. Anyone else have screwy stuff going on with their orders?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Here is an odd one, I pre-ordered the Controller/Game bundle from WalMart last month and when I checked on the order status today it shows the following:

I checked my original order email and it says game and controller on that. I was thinking of just cancelling and re-ordering, but since there is a gift card attached it makes it a real mess. Anyone else have screwy stuff going on with their orders?[/QUOTE]

I preordered 2 months ago and my shipping date still shows up as 9/27-9/29. I emailed them and they gave me a $15 credit so my total is only $26 ( I applied a $20 gc). Just read they have a guarantee arival on release date so Im about to call them.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']I preordered 2 months ago and my shipping date still shows up as 9/27-9/29. I emailed them and they gave me a $15 credit so my total is only $26 ( I applied a $20 gc). Just read they have a guarantee arival on release date so Im about to call them.[/QUOTE]

When emailing WM about them listing a V DVD on my order instead of the LE Controller I noticed that they have dropped the price of the Game/Controller Bundle to $99 with free shipping (down from $105 earlier). Still includes the $20 egift card and the Savage Grenadier Elite skin as well.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Here is an odd one, I pre-ordered the Controller/Game bundle from WalMart last month and when I checked on the order status today it shows the following:

I checked my original order email and it says game and controller on that. I was thinking of just cancelling and re-ordering, but since there is a gift card attached it makes it a real mess. Anyone else have screwy stuff going on with their orders?[/QUOTE]

Friend has the same thing happen with him with his bundle order. He called them and canceled it all and reordered.

[quote name='knightsmith']if the code is inside and you open it. 0 chance of you getting money back. Sealed game you will get $40 back bc they gave you a $20 gift card[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'll be waiting to redeem the codes til after I return the game. If I know Walmart I'm guessing the codes will still be active and working.

I dont understand why amazon doesnt have the gears controller. Well they do but its sold by "the price pros". I dont want to order it from there if its not from amazon themselves. Guess ill just buy it in a store like target if i can find it.

[quote name='Xenokai']Soon as you get that savage kantus code hit me up and see if i still have the wep skins, im just wanting the savage kantus 2 pairs of infected omen skins are useless to me =/[/QUOTE]

Savage Kantus is from Amazon. You get Baird from BB so if someone wants to eventually trade for a baird then maybe. I can't help but think all this will eventually be dlc. The golden guns for RDR became dlc even though it took some time.

Best Buy needs to add store pickup for the Limited & Epic editions - I sent them an email a while ago but they never replied. Does anyone know if you can preorder those editions in store?

[quote name='The 7th Number']I dont understand why amazon doesnt have the gears controller. Well they do but its sold by "the price pros". I dont want to order it from there if its not from amazon themselves. Guess ill just buy it in a store like target if i can find it.[/QUOTE]

It's there. Just look on the right hand side. Amazon usually shows the lowest price of an item even if it's not sold by them. They have it for $59.96 and releases 09/20/11.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']Nevermind. Epic Edition comes with the Omen Weapon pack. $49 is a pretty damn good deal for that controller. New D-pad too! :D[/QUOTE]

So there different things. Now im confused?

[quote name='MattyB']It's there. Just look on the right hand side. Amazon usually shows the lowest price of an item even if it's not sold by them. They have it for $59.96 and releases 09/20/11.[/QUOTE]

aahhh i see it now, thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So there different things. Now im confused?[/QUOTE]

No, they're all the same skin. The Omen Skin comes in the Gears 360 bundle, Epic Edition, or the Gears controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back