Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='popular penguin']My BestBuy is having a Gears of War 3 tourney @11:00 and the winner gets Gears for free. I'm going just so I can play the game early. I don't plan on buying Gears at BestBuy :3[/QUOTE]
don't think mine's doing anything like that :/

[quote name='popular penguin']My BestBuy is having a Gears of War 3 tourney @11:00 and the winner gets Gears for free. I'm going just so I can play the game early. I don't plan on buying Gears at BestBuy :3[/QUOTE]

I would enter such a tournament just for the fun of it but those kinds of things are rare to see.

[quote name='blueweltall']Anyway to get the Limited edition if you didn't preorder?[/QUOTE]

I just checked BestBuy.com, and it still looks like it's available to preorder from them.

If you don't preorder, I'd reccomend getting to your store of choice at opening on the 20th. In the past I've had good luck at both Best Buy and Kmart with there being extra limited editions or collector editions on the sales floor right at opening. (this is, of course, ymmv. and I wouldn't expect gamestop to have any on the 20th, but possibly if you wait the 48 hours, maybe someone won't pick up their preorder within the window and you might get lucky that way...)

[quote name='blueweltall']Anyway to get the Limited edition if you didn't preorder?[/QUOTE]

Did you check if you can still pre-order in-store at BB? If not, I'd suggest just be at one at opening on 9/20. They are the most likely of all the stores to have extras.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Amazon will have plenty of limited editions after release if you can wait, they always do[/QUOTE]

The ME1, ME2, and Bioshock 1 Limited editions would like to have a word with you

[quote name='Ray5555']The ME1, ME2, and Bioshock 1 Limited editions would like to have a word with you[/QUOTE]

Lawl. Indeed, I learned my lesson over ME2. I had to scramble to multiple stores to find a ME2 Collectors ed. Found ONE copy left at a remote Wal-Mart.

[quote name='JediKiller24']This.

UPS doesn't deliver to my house until late in the day. Perfect example: I orderd some shipping boxes from Uline, which were delivered yesterday. To my amazmement, the UPS truck was outside my house at 10am (it's never been there that early, ever) The guy is wrestling a big box off the truck, when he gets it on the ground I see it says Vizio on it. I'm thinking he's just moving it to get to my box....nope he comes to the door and says 'I've got your TV down here'...then looks at his little computer thing and realizes he's at the wrong house! lol. He's trying to give me someone else's TV (not that I would have minded...) He tells me 'I do have a package for you, but it's buried in the truck, I'll have to come back.' (this shocks me...he's here at my house, and yet he can't give me my package??? wtf) So he wrestles the TV back on the truck...I watch as he shoves it around trying to get it to fit back in the truck. I feel sorry for whoever is getting that tv... When does he come back with my package? 6:30 pm. sigh.
So, same boat, not waiting all day for delivery when I live 5 mins away from Gamestop. Plus they use the midnight launches to clean out the back of their store...all posters, display boxes, left over pre order stuff, anything they've got get's brought out and distributed to the crowd, and they bring in a DJ to play music. Plus the sub place next to Gamestop stays open and has handed out coupons in the past for free subs on return visits. So, yeah, lots of fun at the midnight launches here. Can't wait for the 19th![/QUOTE]

If you want anything fast from UPS, you need to get it shipped UPS business, and not UPS residential.

Business deliveries are always first in the day, residential deliveries are based on proximity to the distribution warehouse.

[quote name='Ray5555']The ME1, ME2, and Bioshock 1 Limited editions would like to have a word with you[/QUOTE]

I'd agree with you except for ME1. That one was available for a short while online at GameStop.com, but yes. When in doubt preorder

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Anyone know details about the Gamestop midnight launch?[/QUOTE] I too would like to know the details on Gamestop's midnight release. Anyone know of any freebies they are giving away? Also, what time does everyone plan on arriving and paying off their balance if you still have to?

Guys quick question: I ordered through amazon and noticed that I actually took that week off, so I wanted to get the game at midnight @ best buy rather than wait for amazon. Can I return my amazon copy to best buy because I really don't want to give up the 20 dollar gift certificate they are offering.

I've been waiting for this game for a long time now and damn, I am just waiting for someone to finally have a deal on it @ launch. Like say, a $20 gc from Tru or BB. I would get it from amazon but like others have stated ups won't arrive until around 7-8pm in the evening.

Man i cant wait until next week. Already pretty much paid off my console (And have been without my current 360 for almost a week), and have 2400 MSP for the Season Pass.

Glad for once i finally get the stand in the short console pre-order line at midnight, instead of the 200+ people long line for everyone getting the standard edition

I'm getting the special edition console. My launch 360 is showing all the signs that it won't be with me much longer, so trading it in while it has some value.

Lol, i have the worst luck with 360's. They always crap out near instantly.

First one was fine and i just upgraded to a new chipset, second one stopped reading discs 2 weeks before FF13 came out (So i just got the FF13 bundle), and my current one was starting to get very loud while reading discs, along with running slower

I think I'm just going to get the regular version. Normally I'd get the LE version, but it doesn't come with the artbook. And I don't want to spend 150 for the artbook AND a statue. Even if it's cool, it's not my sort of thing. Skyrim on the other hand...

I was going to reserve at Best Buy so I can do the "5 for $100 GC" deal, but I'm on the fence for Uncharted 3 (would make a great Christmas gift), so I might order from Amazon and get the $20 for any future game purchase. I'll make up my mind by Wednesday, and getting the regular version will help me out when it comes to getting that season pass. Hopefully the other skins and such will be included in that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Man i cant wait until next week. Already pretty much paid off my console (And have been without my current 360 for almost a week), and have 2400 MSP for the Season Pass.

Glad for once i finally get the stand in the short console pre-order line at midnight, instead of the 200+ people long line for everyone getting the standard edition[/QUOTE]

I'm ready too man! I can't wait! Got my Retro Lancer and Epic Ed. ready to go and I've got 3110 points for the Season Pass and whatever other surprise they might throw our way on release date. "WINNING!!!"

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I'm ready too man! I can't wait! Got my Retro Lancer and Epic Ed. ready to go and I've got 3110 points for the Season Pass and whatever other surprise they might throw our way on release date. "WINNING!!!"[/QUOTE]

Same here man, I'm beyond pumped! Getting the Gears Xbox and the Epic edition. I've got MS points saved up for the season pass and two vacation days off from work!

I'm having second thoughts about my Gears of War 3 Limited Edition order from Amazon.

I think I may cancel and just order the regular edition. LE=$80. Regular=$40 (after $20 credit).

What do you guys think?

[quote name='prateeko']For those of you with the Retro Lancer pre-ordered what does your order status say?[/QUOTE]

"OPEN" with "BACKORDERED".

I preordered when they were first announced, and then Gamestop canceled the order and opened a new order. Seems to have happened to a lot of people.

[quote name='ChosenOne1']I'm having second thoughts about my Gears of War 3 Limited Edition order from Amazon.

I think I may cancel and just order the regular edition. LE=$80. Regular=$40 (after $20 credit).

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

I canceled my LE because i got Adam Fenix skin with my IO code from the controller. But they fixed that so it dont work anymore. So im just getting the regular version. I think the best things in the LE is the COG, and Adam Fenix code. If you dont really care about that, then i say go with the regular version.

Its funny i pre ordered Epic edition the minute it was announced, then when i saw it was a big statue i downgraded to LE, now i ended up downgrading that to regular. Im a big gears fan but there isnt any reason for me to get anything more than the regular version.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I canceled my LE because i got Adam Fenix skin with my IO code from the controller. But they fixed that so it dont work anymore. So im just getting the regular version. I think the best things in the LE is the COG, and Adam Fenix code. If you dont really care about that, then i say go with the regular version.

Its funny i pre ordered Epic edition the minute it was announced, then when i saw it was a big statue i downgraded to LE, now i ended up downgrading that to regular. Im a big gears fan but there isnt any reason for me to get anything more than the regular version.[/QUOTE]
Ya that was my idea. I saw the Epic Edition and was all for it until the items were announced. I then preceded and pre-ordered the Limited Edition but in honest reality, Gears of War 3 will be fun but with games like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim coming out, it will occupy a minimal amount of my time.

Edit: Just changed my pre-order at Amazon to standard edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']I canceled my LE because i got Adam Fenix skin with my IO code from the controller.[/QUOTE]

Wha?!??! How long ago was this? How long was it working and when did they fix it?

Was it two separate codes, or just one code that DL'd both the IO skins and Adam Fenix?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Wha?!??! How long ago was this? How long was it working and when did they fix it?

Was it two separate codes, or just one code that DL'd both the IO skins and Adam Fenix?[/QUOTE]

They fixed it on the 9th.

[quote name='hustletron']They fixed it on the 9th.[/QUOTE]

Of this month? If so, how do I check if I got Fenix? Does it have to with which IO DL you got? I read somewhere that if you got IO Console Bundle pack, then you got Fenix as well. Just want to confirm.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Of this month? If so, how do I check if I got Fenix? Does it have to with which IO DL you got? I read somewhere that if you got IO Console Bundle pack, then you got Fenix as well. Just want to confirm.[/QUOTE]

Yes this month. If you redeemed it prior to the 9th you got it, after that you won't get it, or so they claim.

EDIT:
Someone posted this on the Gears 3 boards that got it, apparently it will say it's a bundle.

"So after reading all the threads about the Infected Omen controller code accidently giving away Adam Fenix, I went and checked my hardrive and sure enough it says Infected Omen Console Bundle. So thanks Microsoft for finally giving me something even if it was an accident. "

Went by Gamestop to pre-order the Gears 360 and trade in some games towards it. The woman working there did inform me that today was the last day to pre-order the console. Not that it matters if they get a ton of units per store, just passing on the info.

edit - I guess I should have gone to Best Buy instead, shucks.

My girlfriend pre-ordered the epic edition for me last week but I really want to know if there are any awesome door prizes at Gamestop or Best Buy for the midnight release. Any CAG Ninjas wanna help me out here?

I'm still going with the EE just cuz that statue is really nice. and i don't feel like keeping an Eye out for it on the markets or ebay later on. So it is what it is. Plus I sold one of my Retro lancer pre-orders for $300 so I'll be ok

[quote name='Trance Addix']If anyone is interested: the CE is back in stock at Amazon. Also, can anyone confirm or deny if the it comes with a metal case? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

hmm, but for some reason doesn't mention the Savage Kantus DLC..

[quote name='nocturnedelight']hmm, but for some reason doesn't mention the Savage Kantus DLC..[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's just a matter of them forgetting to update it. I'm not worried.

Is anyone buying the Gears headset for 170? Id love to get those but 170 is a lot of money for me to spend on a headset. Ive been looking at other headsets but havent decided on any, but i really dont like using the mic that comes with the 360 all that much.

Anyone pre-ordering through Best Buy and not wanting there Mechanic Baird skin? I snagged an early Gears controller and am sitting on an Infected Skin pack code. :( Guy I was going to trade with changed his mind due to his BB being out of LEs.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Is anyone buying the Gears headset for 170? Id love to get those but 170 is a lot of money for me to spend on a headset. Ive been looking at other headsets but havent decided on any, but i really dont like using the mic that comes with the 360 all that much.[/QUOTE]

I want to know how good of a quality those headsets are before I bite.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']I want to know how good of a quality those headsets are before I bite.[/QUOTE]

I used that gears headset at PAX this year. Its a great headset. Tritton headsets usually are, and the sound is terrific. Your paying so much as you also get what is essentially a powered amp with it from what i say of the layout.

The glowing feature on the ear cups is a nice touch too.

The mic came thru crystal clear in talkin to teammates. Me personally, I want them but dont have the extra $ and I own a pair of Turtle Beach X31's already which work perfectly well for me (and i just got the ps3 official 7.1 headset)

For me, being partially deaf, sound I can hear and teammates I can hear are super important. If your looking for both those feature, I'd say do it. And if you can find a best buy that gets them in, there is a coupon in the @Gamer mage for $20 off trittons too.

I'm disappointed that the unboxing video didn't unravel the flag. I know it will be smaller than I had originally hoped. That was my main motivation for getting the LE, I'll probably just get standard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back