Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I downgraded to the Standard edition and I feel guilty about it. However, the $20 Amazon Giftcard comes in handy for Fifa 12 which is a week after Gears. And that also comes with a $20 Amazon Giftcard which would be used on Battlefield 3.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']

On another note, I walked through best buy and saw a pile of Halo Reach Legendary editions and Killzone 3 Helgast editions for 79.99. So I'm hoping to snag an Epic Edition somewhere down the line.[/QUOTE]

My BB has Reach Legendary marked down to $39.99.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']My BB has Reach Legendary marked down to $39.99.[/QUOTE]

And that is one reason why I don't buy Special Editions anymore. They don't hold their value and they are overproduced.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']My BB has Reach Legendary marked down to $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Just sold the code for $50 from the newegg ones I got for $40. Got paid $5 to keep reach and the bonus stuff. Gotta love those people that buy the dlc for insane amounts of money.

[quote name='yesokyesok']And that is one reason why I don't buy Special Editions anymore. They don't hold their value and they are overproduced.[/QUOTE]

Gears LE seems to have sold out, and all of the previous Gears LEs have sold out as well.

That doesn't surprise me, it really cheapens these limited editions for me now whenever they're announced. I would probably jump on the epic edition if I didn't see Reach and Halo 3 Legendary's still on shelves.

I remember how ecstatic I was to carry that big ol halo 3 box home and opened her up. Then regretting paying 150 for it when it was on wal-mart.com for like 50 bucks lol

Also, I was very impressed with the reach statues in the pictures, but they had one on display at best buy and it felt real cheap. Especially when I picked it up and one of the hands fell off with the gun too. The marcus statue looks a lot sturdier though, and the glowing armor is pretty bad ass.

Calm down people. I have news from Rod Fergusson. about Seriously 2.0 and Veteran Gear. Along with a little more information about Walmart, Gears of War 3, and Veteran Gear.

Rod Fergusson
@GearsViking Raleigh, NC
Director of Production at Epic Games
http://epicgames.com/community/category/gears-of-war/
"Yes, Ticker madness for Seriously 2.0 and 25x for your wings is going on now till midnight on the 19th."

This is live right now. I checked out this morning. It is Wave after Wave of nothing but Tickers. You get 2500XP per Level of Horde on Casual. Also this is 25X XP and will last from now until Midnight on the 19th. So if you have not earned your Wings and got Veteran Gear now is the time to do so. I put a nice little EXP Calculator link below so you can track your progress towards Veteran Gear. If you have to you can also boost in Social King of the Hill. There is also another link to the Xbox 360 Achievements website Veteran Gear Comment Section from Gears of War 2. It has over 230 comments and people who are looking to get Veteran Gear as well. Is all else fails message these people and tell them you want to boost. Good luck.

Also I was at Walmart today (This was on a different thread) but they are going to have a Midnight Release Party and give everybody who attends to pick up the game the Savage Grenaider Elite, $20 Gift Card, and a Beanie. The beanie is all black and it says Gears of War 3 on the fron of it. Forehead region of the beanie to give you an idea of what it will look like. I would have got pictures today but was in a rush and left the cell phone in the car. I will try to get pictures later on.

http://www.gow2exp.com/
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/gears-of-war-2/achievement/24817-Veteran-Gear.html

Has any Best Buy deal been confirmed yet? I want to pick this up at the midnight launch there because its the most convenient location for me but with Walmart, Kmart and Amazon all offering $20 credit, I really hope Best Buy offers the same.

Target clearance is the store of stores for Special Edition games when you don't feel like paying anywhere close to full price. I have picked up a Reach Legendary for $38, Force Unleashed II CE for $19, MvC3 SE for $18, New Vegas CE for $19 and Fable III CE for $14 I fully expect to get an Epic or at the very least Limited for between $20-$40 at some point it's simply inevitable.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Target clearance is the store of stores for Special Edition games when you don't feel like paying anywhere close to full price. I have picked up a Reach Legendary for $38, Force Unleashed II CE for $19, MvC3 SE for $18, New Vegas CE for $19 and Fable III CE for $14 I fully expect to get an Epic or at the very least Limited for between $20-$40 at some point it's simply inevitable.[/QUOTE]

WHAT MvC3 SE for $18 No way!!

[quote name='Trance Addix']Thanks for the link; truly sucks that there isn't a metal case. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

But you do get stickers!!!!!

[quote name='Trojann']WHAT MvC3 SE for $18 No way!![/QUOTE]

Way. It's a huge YMMV but he isn't lying. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same luck bilbo has :( I've gotten lucky a couple of times.

I searched "limited edition" in this thread to see if I found an answer to my question but no. Is Best Buy the only place that will be selling the limited edition?

I signed up for a notification from Amazon to inform me when the limited edition will be available.

[quote name='htown01']Way. It's a huge YMMV but he isn't lying. Unfortunately, not everyone has the same luck bilbo has :( I've gotten lucky a couple of times.

I searched "limited edition" in this thread to see if I found an answer to my question but no. Is Best Buy the only place that will be selling the limited edition?

I signed up for a notification from Amazon to inform me when the limited edition will be available.[/QUOTE]

In my experience so far, yes. I actually just cancelled my Amazon limited edition pre-order because I'd rather go to the midnight launch and get the baird skin lol.

but everywhere else I've attempted, no luck with the limited edition.

Hi all not sure if you have heard about this or not but 360Voice.com is running a Gears 3 contest giving away $10,000 in prizes.
Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join

Figured Some CAGs would be interested in trying to win some money while playing what people are calling the hottest release of the YEAR!!
Up to 10 Members so far. Need another 30 to fill the group. CAGs REPRESENT!!

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']In my experience so far, yes. I actually just cancelled my Amazon limited edition pre-order because I'd rather go to the midnight launch and get the baird skin lol.

but everywhere else I've attempted, no luck with the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so the option to preorder the L.E. was available before? Maybe Amazon doesn't want to over-order that edition and have that stock lingering around the warehouse.

I guess I'll have to drop by my nearest BB and pre-order it. Thanks :)

[quote name='daemissary']Has any Best Buy deal been confirmed yet? I want to pick this up at the midnight launch there because its the most convenient location for me but with Walmart, Kmart and Amazon all offering $20 credit, I really hope Best Buy offers the same.[/QUOTE]

source on kmart offering $20?

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']In my experience so far, yes. I actually just cancelled my Amazon limited edition pre-order because I'd rather go to the midnight launch and get the baird skin lol.

but everywhere else I've attempted, no luck with the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

I thought about he Baird skin but once I saw the Best Buy commercial I decided not to. It doesn't say anything special about Baird.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Toys r us now shows on their website that if you pre order you get a 2 pack of figures, Marcus vs Locust with flaming weapons retail at 29.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11697021[/QUOTE]

I preordered awhile ago (May '11) at TRU when they had a spend $100 get $25 off your order when you pay with MasterCard.

At the time they had the limited edition at $89.99 and the Epic Edition at $169.99.

Both of those are priced over MSRP but I figured they'd drop when it got closer to release and I could get my credit back. I was surprised to find out that TRU STILL has these priced over MSRP. Does anyone know why or if they'll drop?

Thanks

[quote name='htown01']Hmm, so the option to preorder the L.E. was available before? Maybe Amazon doesn't want to over-order that edition and have that stock lingering around the warehouse.

I guess I'll have to drop by my nearest BB and pre-order it. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact, I pre-ordered L.E from Amazon yesterday (cancelled today). So my guess is that its just sold out of the quantity they were expecting to order. As soon as I saw it available on Amazin I jumped on it and pre-ordered it. But when I went to best buy and discovered they were doing midnight releases I decided to just go and pick it up locally and cancelled.

[quote name='gargus']I guess deals new definition should be "Either under priced, priced at normal or over priced which is up to solely the descretion of the person claming deal" since the "deals" thread is mostly just msrp shit anymore or someone posting a pre order msrp price and thinking its a deal. We have multiple forums for this shit for a reason.[/QUOTE]

can i get a explanation of what this means without flaming? thanks.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']source on kmart offering $20?[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it earlier in this thread...$20 credit and 1/2 off 1 year of Xbox Live

[quote name='SleepyHeat']can i get a explanation of what this means without flaming? thanks.[/QUOTE]

Just ignore him, the guy bitches and cries more than my 2 year old.

[quote name='Stinky pepet']source on kmart offering $20?[/QUOTE]

Seriously?!?! Did you at least try looking for the fuck 'in Kmart thread on the main deals page?

I'm hoping that since the page for the Retro Lancer still exists on GS.com and only says "Not Available", that they are planning on updating stock once release day hits. At least i am hoping so since I've called a bunch of stores and they are only getting enough for pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm that they have shipped the Lancers and people are picking them up early?

i locked down the LE a month ago from amazon. noticed now its not even available to view i guess they met there demand or something? anyways got Gears 2 LE now Gears 3 LE. 1 week away.

[quote name='cag1000']I'm hoping that since the page for the Retro Lancer still exists on GS.com and only says "Not Available", that they are planning on updating stock once release day hits. At least i am hoping so since I've called a bunch of stores and they are only getting enough for pre-orders. Can anyone else confirm that they have shipped the Lancers and people are picking them up early?[/QUOTE]

In my experience "Not Available" is never updated, and usually means it will never be available online but may still be available in store.

So I was one of the people that jumped on the retro lancer bundle last week when it popped up but when it I look up the order it says error. I just saw a charge come through from gamestop on my credit card. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any time I call the 800 number nobody picks up.

Anyone else bummed that the Epic edition doesn't include the retail slipcase for the LE? I know I have OCD but ...

[quote name='MattyB']Anyone else bummed that the Epic edition doesn't include the retail slipcase for the LE? I know I have OCD but ...[/QUOTE]

Its a huge letdown for me, actually. Same thing (kinda) with Batman ac.

I know its been answered, but I cannot find the answer...I preordered through BB, how do I get the baird DLC? Does it come on a card, in the case, email? Sorry, I just can't find the answer for whatever reason!

I too, am having weird problems with the retro lancer ordering.

I ordered the first day it was announced, but then Gamestop cancelled that order and opened a new order. That order is still "Open" But the status is "Backordered".

I literally ordered the first day you were able to, but I haven't been charged for it (getting the game from Amazon) so the lancer should have been charged to my card by now.

I really fucking hate Gamestop. All they do is sell games and they can't even do that right.

best buy says that they will email you the code.
GS All pre-orders will say backordered untill it is shipped I think they are doing sat shipping. so you will be charged sat and it will be shipped to you!

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks. I pre-ordered at BestBuy because I had some certs to use. I wonder when will they email me Baird.[/QUOTE]

Meh baird sucks. Should have made a cole train one

[quote name='wgpfly']Hi all not sure if you have heard about this or not but 360Voice.com is running a Gears 3 contest giving away $10,000 in prizes.
Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join

Figured Some CAGs would be interested in trying to win some money while playing what people are calling the hottest release of the YEAR!!
Up to 10 Members so far. Need another 30 to fill the group. CAGs REPRESENT!![/QUOTE]

I joined the group, we need about 20 more! I'm all about getting some achievements so I'll be doing my part - I look forward to workin' this challenge!

I just read the article on IGN about the history of the development for Gears. I'm actually looking for a reason to buy the Epic edition. If it was actually limited I wouldn't mind buying but I've got a damn Spartan Helmet staring at me telling me otherwise.

I think LE should be satisfactory.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Meh baird sucks. Should have made a cole train one[/QUOTE]Agreed. BB was my only choice since I had a bunch of certs to use, the cheaper the better for me right now. :) Also I think I unlocked Cole already from the beta.

Got some more info for you guys. Apparently if you bought the gears of war 3 controller and redeemed your weapon skin code before September 9th you get Adam Fenix with the 5 infected omen skins.

Apparently there was a mix up over at Microsoft and they basically put the codes in the same pile as the console bundle codes which come with all of that. I believe these codes were only suppose to redeem the lancer infected omen skin.

For those that did redeem it, check under the "memory" area of your xbox and if you see "Infected Omen Console Bundle" under the Gears of War 3 area of the Games tab, then your all set.

However, according to all the Twitter feeds the glitch has been fixed and if you redeem/redeemed the code anywhere from the 9th onward it won't say that.

UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

I guess I'm sticking to Standard.

[quote name='yesokyesok']UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

I guess I'm sticking to Standard.[/QUOTE]

wow..... shouldve preordered @ gamestop :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back