Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='yesokyesok']UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

I guess I'm sticking to Standard.[/QUOTE]

Well i'm fucked out of it then if thats true. and i pre-ordered months ago the limited edition

[quote name='officerrickyross222']wow..... shouldve preordered @ gamestop :cry:[/QUOTE]

But Gamestop doesn't have Savage Kantus. They have Generic Dom. :booty:

[quote name='jr8rulz']Well i'm fucked out of it then if thats true. and i pre-ordered months ago the limited edition[/QUOTE]

Don't panic though. I just preordered the LE today. I would ask them first. Post your response here if you can.

[quote name='yesokyesok']UPDATE:

I had preordered the Standard Edition yet today I felt compelled to preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon. I was concerned about the Savage Kantus Skin not being listed. This was Amazon's response.

"I've researched this promotion, and see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving "Savage Kantus" Amazon Exclusive skin. Specifically, orders placed for Standard and Epic Edition are only eligible to receive "Savage Kantus". I apologize if this information was unclear when you placed the order."

I guess I'm sticking to Standard.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think this is a customer service oversight. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for Amazon to arbitrarily exclude the limited edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the extent of their "research" was just clicking on the page.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I honestly think this is a customer service oversight. Logically, it wouldn't make sense for Amazon to arbitrarily exclude the limited edition. It wouldn't surprise me if the extent of their "research" was just clicking on the page.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking as well. So I responded to the email. I will see what they respond and post their reply ASAP.

Im trying to register but it keeps saying no activation key found when I get a confirmation e-mail :/

*Edit

Nevermind, I'm in. LETS GET RICH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']Im trying to register but it keeps saying no activation key found when I get a confirmation e-mail :/[/QUOTE]

Try sending a message to [email protected] with your GT in the subject line.
I had that problem before and had that fixed.
Up to 38 now. If this one fills Ill get another CAG Group going.

I joined the second group, I'll see if I can get a group of my friends in it who were going to do 4 player coop with me since that is an achievement and could help out

Anyone know how Best Buy does their pre-order special? i.e. when does the skin get emailed to you?

Do I have to pick up the game a certain time frame to ensure I get the skin?

[quote name='wgpfly']Yes lets take this by storm.
Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
First Group Full!
2nd Group Made!! LETS GET IT FILLED AS WELL! CAG REPRESENT!![/QUOTE]

HELL YEAH!!! First group full, that's the group I'm in. Let's fill up another CAG TEAM so we can represent!!!
Remember we can only be in one group but we can redirect other CAG member to TEAM 2!!!

Was just reading online about BF3, and it looks like there will be retailer specific bonus DLC when you pre-order. But, the developers have already confirmed that it will be a time-based bonus, after which it will be available on the marketplace.

My point being, for those of you hell-bent on getting all four pre-order Gears skins, just save your money, and sit back and relax, as this is another developer for a MAJOR title confirming that pre-order DLC WILL become available later on.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']HELL YEAH!!! First group full, that's the group I'm in. Let's fill up another CAG TEAM so we can represent!!!
Remember we can only be in one group but we can redirect other CAG member to TEAM 2!!![/QUOTE]

Thats what Im working on doing!! CAGS REPRESENT!!

[quote name='nuuuuj']Was just reading online about BF3, and it looks like there will be retailer specific bonus DLC when you pre-order. But, the developers have already confirmed that it will be a time-based bonus, after which it will be available on the marketplace.

My point being, for those of you hell-bent on getting all four pre-order Gears skins, just save your money, and sit back and relax, as this is another developer for a MAJOR title confirming that pre-order DLC WILL become available later on.[/QUOTE]

Like you said thats Battlefield. I hope they are timed based. I hate when devolpers do this shit. With Batman every skin looked cool but I had to pre-order at BB just for Robin so my only hope is that all those costumes do indeed become dlc a week after the game comes out or some time around that area.

Maybe this has already been answered before but I was not able to find it:

I have pre-ordered the Standar Ed. with Savage Grenadier Bonus. How will that be delivered? Email or within the box? If in the box, should I take the wrapper off ? (gifting the game & thinking of selling the code :))

Also will it be delivered on release day?

Please let me know. Thanks

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Like you said thats Battlefield. I hope they are timed based. I hate when devolpers do this shit. With Batman every skin looked cool but I had to pre-order at BB just for Robin so my only hope is that all those costumes do indeed become dlc a week after the game comes out or some time around that area.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it will be a week. Mortal Kombat's skins were released two months after the street date. My guess is that the Gears skins will be released about a month later, but it all depends on the contracts that Epic/MS have with each of the retailers regarding how long the skins are exclusive.

You have to look at it from the retailers perspective. There's no such thing as store loyalty anymore, its all about price. The developers often dont even care who gets what skins. Its really the retailers that push for this kind of stuff as each of them want to make sure they can attract enough customers based on what exclusives they can offer. Once that time period ends, the developers then get a chance to make money on the backend by offering the exclusives to the general public.

[quote name='harish7447']Maybe this has already been answered before but I was not able to find it:

I have pre-ordered the Standar Ed. with Savage Grenadier Bonus. How will that be delivered? Email or within the box? If in the box, should I take the wrapper off ? (gifting the game & thinking of selling the code :))

Also will it be delivered on release day?

Please let me know. Thanks[/QUOTE]

WalMart does not offer Release Date Delivery shipping like Amazon does, nor do they offer Pick Up at Store last time I checked anyway. No one knows how the code will be delivered yet, some have speculated in the case/plastic wrapping.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']First Team rules, IN YOUR FACE![/QUOTE]

I tried to join the first but it wouldn't let me then it said it was full :cry:

I actually doubt that they will release a character skins pack. Usually 3rd party titles do that, but rarely do you see Microsoft Games put out a game with preorder dlc on the marketplace.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I actually doubt that they will release a character skins pack. Usually 3rd party titles do that, but rarely do you see Microsoft Games put out a game with preorder dlc on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I could've sworn one of the Epic guys said they don't want people selling DLC, so they will release them through the marketplace.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Anyone know how Best Buy does their pre-order special? i.e. when does the skin get emailed to you?

Do I have to pick up the game a certain time frame to ensure I get the skin?[/QUOTE]

I want to know the same thing. I have decided to buy the epic edition at best buy. The only option is to ship the damn thing. i wanted to pick it up that day, so can i go into bestbuy and reserve the epic edition so i can get the pre order skin?

[quote name='BrolyB593']I actually doubt that they will release a character skins pack. Usually 3rd party titles do that, but rarely do you see Microsoft Games put out a game with preorder dlc on the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

This used to be true. But, the model of using retailer specific DLC is fairly new. As I said, with price out of the equation, retailers need an ability to distinguish themselves from their competition.

Once all the hype ends, the developers will jump in and look for more ways to make money. Epic and Microsoft would be stupid not to release the skins later on. Simple business strategy.

Incidentally, Epic IS a third-party studio, they partner with Microsoft.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hustletron']WalMart does not offer Release Date Delivery shipping like Amazon does, nor do they offer Pick Up at Store last time I checked anyway. No one knows how the code will be delivered yet, some have speculated in the case/plastic wrapping.

I tried to join the first but it wouldn't let me then it said it was full :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I believe once they had RDD for a pre-order game. but I don't think so this time. I have emailed them, but no answer yet :)

[quote name='harish7447']Thank you. I believe once they had RDD for a pre-order game. but I don't think so this time. I have emailed them, but no answer yet :)[/QUOTE]

Walmart DID have RDD for Gears. It costs $1.97. I ordered yesterday for a friend. But, they have a policy where they dont offer it once it is within three business days of release date as they cant guarantee that it will ship in time.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Walmart DID have RDD for Gears. It costs $1.97. I ordered yesterday for a friend. But, they have a policy where they dont offer it once it is within three business days of release date as they cant guarantee that it will ship in time.[/QUOTE]

My shipping is $1.97 as well :)

[quote name='harish7447']My shipping is $1.97 as well :)[/QUOTE]

RDD should be the same as standard shipping. Did your order offer/show/guarantee release date delivery? If not, you might be waiting a couple of days. :cry:

I'm undecided on whether or not I want to preorder this game. I'm a fan of the campaign, and Horde Modes, but the online multiplayer I'm not really a fan of. I just don't know if it'll be worth $60 to get it on Day 1 or if I should wait a while for some kind of sale.

For anyone who ordered the RETRO LANCER bundle a week ago when it got put back up:
WE ARE PROBABLY NOT GETTING EM. Called the 800 number twice in the last 2 days and pretty much got told they are charging for the game right now, they took more pre orders than they had available , and will probably not get it. So if you need to cancel the game , now is the time to do it.

damn just saw best buy ads ..they are not giving any credit or deals at all....

only kind of deals is when u buy a gears3 game get 12 month for 39.99

[quote name='jrxone1']damn just saw best buy ads ..they are not giving any credit or deals at all....

only kind of deals is when u buy a gears3 game get 12 month for 39.99[/QUOTE]

To quote Darth Vader...... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

[quote name='spauldingfan']For anyone who ordered the RETRO LANCER bundle a week ago when it got put back up:
WE ARE PROBABLY NOT GETTING EM. Called the 800 number twice in the last 2 days and pretty much got told they are charging for the game right now, they took more pre orders than they had available , and will probably not get it. So if you need to cancel the game , now is the time to do it.[/QUOTE]

just called them, and they told me there is no way they will ship the game only or the lancer only. They have to ship both, and he looked at my order, and it looks ok in terms of shipping both the game and the lancer. I asked about the fact that gamestop has a pnding charge on my
CC (not the entire amount), and he said not to be concerned, they will charge the entire amount once they ship the bundle.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I don't know if anyone on here goes to gamefaqs.com, but now is the time to stop.[/QUOTE]

The board is full of spoilers I assume. I got burned a couple times there.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Im shocked that bestbuy isnt offering gears 2 credit. Good thing Amazon is :) oh and 5 MORE DAYS ![/QUOTE]

same here
only amazon, kmart , and walmart offering 20 bucks credit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back