Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow...Epic can take all that and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm buying the base game and that's it. They won't get a dime from me for DLC.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ! These things should be in the game[/QUOTE]

your not getting the season pass? Blasphemy!!! on you good sir. ima wait until it gets discounted hopefully during black friday or those winter 1 day sales that xbox usually does.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow...Epic can take all that and put it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm buying the base game and that's it. They won't get a dime from me for DLC.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ! These things should be in the game[/QUOTE]

Well technically they are on the disc... but yeah this is rape at its finest :applause:

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']All Weapon Skins - 3600MSP
Animated Weapon Skin - 320MSP (All 5 Starting Weapons)
Non Animated Weapon Skin - 240MSP (All 5 Starting Weapons)

All Hammerburst Skins - 1200MSP
All Lancer Skins - 1200MSP
All Retro Lancer Skins - 1200MSP
All Shotgun Skins - 1200MSP (Both Gnasher and Sawed Off)

Liquid Green Skin will be available in October through a Special Event.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find this info?

LOL. Now at least we'll be able to tell which players have a shit ton of disposable income. And I mean REALLY disposable.

I was guessing 1600 points max. Even at that I wouldn't have purchased it. At least we get an option, because at more than 40 bucks? I'd rather have an invisible gun

I wonder if you get the Gears of War Season Pass you get these for free but I doubt it. Haha I remember when Gears of War 1 came out all the DLC was free, Good Times.

i preordered at gamestop for the beta which was before commando dom. are the commando dom codes being printed on the preorder receipt or the final receipt when the game is picked up?

Lolwow, thats a bit rediculous with the gun prices.

Either way, do those include ALL of the skins? (Like all unlockable ingame, like Golden and Chrome, and all the buyable ones?) Or is it literally just the buyable ones.

[quote name='crashnburn69']i preordered at gamestop for the beta which was before commando dom. are the commando dom codes being printed on the preorder receipt or the final receipt when the game is picked up?[/QUOTE]

It's going to be printed on the final receipt when you go to pick it up.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lolwow, thats a bit rediculous with the gun prices.

Either way, do those include ALL of the skins? (Like all unlockable ingame, like Golden and Chrome, and all the buyable ones?) Or is it literally just the buyable ones.[/QUOTE]

No just the Paid Weapon Skins. Read the OP and you will see a list of them. Also Red Fergusson who was on the Live Feed mentioned that the team will work extra hard over the weekend and upload pictures and videos of both the Non Animated Weapon Skins and Animated Weapon Skins.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Did anyone catch if he mentioned the 2 character skins that were pulled from the disc?[/QUOTE]

Bernie and Onyx Guard will be in DLC Pack 1 come November.

I have saw a few of the weapon skins and I might buy a few of the packs. Hopefully Epic Games will do like they did with Save Carmine and have a fundraiser and donate the benefits to a worthy cause like Breast Cancer or Child's Play. Like buy the Garrish Skin and Epic will donate so much to Breast Cancer Awareness or buy the Child's Play Skin and Epic will donate so much to Child's Play.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']No just the Paid Weapon Skins. Read the OP and you will see a list of them. Also Red Fergusson who was on the Live Feed mentioned that the team will work extra hard over the weekend and upload pictures and videos of both the Non Animated Weapon Skins and Animated Weapon Skins.

Bernie and Onyx Guard will be in DLC Pack 1 come November.

I have saw a few of the weapon skins and I might buy a few of the packs. Hopefully Epic Games will do like they did with Save Carmine and have a fundraiser and donate the benefits to a worthy cause like Breast Cancer or Child's Play. Like buy the Garrish Skin and Epic will donate so much to Breast Cancer Awareness or buy the Child's Play Skin and Epic will donate so much to Child's Play.[/QUOTE]

That is an excellent point you're making. I usually have unused points that I intend to spend, I just never justify purchases for content that is unnecessary. If it were for a good cause I wouldn't mind buying a couple of packs myself.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']That is an excellent point you're making. I usually have unused points that I intend to spend, I just never justify purchases for content that is unnecessary. If it were for a good cause I wouldn't mind buying a couple of packs myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Also here are the Plasma and Rainbow Weapon Skins. The color of the Plasma will depend on what team you are on. COG/Blue - Locust/Red.

I was so damn excited for Gears, then Epic pulls some stupid nickel and dime shit like this. They can take these weapon skins and go fuck themselves. I also LOVE how their forums are down right now so they don't get flamed to hell for it.

Nickle and Dime isnt the right phrase to use for what they are doing. LOL Seriously 45 bucks for WEAPON SKINS? WTF. I might buy 1 or 2, like the Deadly Cute, but no way in hell im spending 45 dollars for the whole lot. 15 dollars for all of the skins to use on both shotguns seems like a bargain since the other 3 weapons are all split up by themselves. If they combined shottys why not lancers, and cut the hammerbursts lower than both those packs to maybe 10 bucks. I guess the good thing is not everyone will have all the skins, if that is any kind of positive spin to put on this. if it was 800 pts im sure most people would shell out that for the whole wad.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']I was so damn excited for Gears, then Epic pulls some stupid nickel and dime shit like this. They can take these weapon skins and go fuck themselves. I also LOVE how their forums are down right now so they don't get flamed to hell for it.[/QUOTE]

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh well, initially I was really disappointed, but something as meaningless as weapon skins wont deter my excitement in what already seems like a great game. I'm buying the epic version because this trilogy has been nothing short of excellent and I feel like it's money well spent - whatever happens to Epic editions down the line.

Weapon skins? I'm not a fan of so much hype and hoopla about them so I'm just going to not concern myself with them. Although I know it'll be mighty hard not to be impressed with some players unique pulsating skins lol

Finally my order from Walmart has been updated to 9/20 shipping. It was 9/27-29th. Im never preordering from Walmart again. They did give me a $16 credit, so my total was only $26 ( I also used a $20 gc)

wow, i was thinking 800 or 1200 tops on the weapon skins pack, and like 80-120 a piece or something like that. definitely not 3600 or whatever, that's ridiculous. there are full fledged great arcade games you can get for 800-1200, they want $45 for a pack of weapon skins? are they out of their fucking minds? i honestly feel insulted that they would even try to sell them at those prices, put them back in the game for free you fucks, i was gonna pay 800-1200 too, but just wow.

Gears Brotherhood Rules
Link To Join
Looking for CAGs who are getting Gears 3 and interested in winning a share of $10,000
We already have one CAG Group of Gears full with another one created.
Already Posted in the Gears 3 Preorder Thread and Gears 3 Thread.
If you are a top scorer in the 2nd CAG Group WE WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU TO MOVE INTO THE MAIN GROUP!
Links posted above. LETS GET MORE CAG SUPPORT!!
Also if your not on 360Voice.com Register First and then use the link posted above to find and join CheaAssGamer COGs #2

Wow. Thanks, but no thanks. That's insane.

[quote name='SeanTM22']I believe Best Buy will be giving away Gears of War 3 beanies at their midnight launches.[/QUOTE]

I went and pre-ordered mine today at BB. The guy wasn't sure what kind of swag they were going to have, but he tried to find out when I asked and he said beanies. I don't think it will be as cool as the hat/cog tags I got for Gears 2, but still nice knowing they are throwing something at us for going at midnight.

I know this has been said about 1,000,000 times before, and I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if you don't want the skins, don't buy them. I, for one, will not spend 3/4ths of the game's retail price on weapon skins; the only thing that proves is that I am a 6 year old that gives 2 shits about what color the pixels are in a video game.

Of course, I will buy characters if i like them. The Onyx Guard looks cool.

[quote name='Smart Aleck']I know this has been said about 1,000,000 times before, and I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if you don't want the skins, don't buy them. I, for one, will not spend 3/4ths of the game's retail price on weapon skins; the only thing that proves is that I am a 6 year old that gives 2 shits about what color the pixels are in a video game.

Of course, I will buy characters if i like them. The Onyx Guard looks cool.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, but it's worth commenting on, since there has been so much speculation. I don't feel at all ripped off, but it had to cross their minds how absurd the pricing for it is. Hopefully this sentiment is shared by the majority and we see a discount somewhere down the line to a more reasonable price.

Little things like weapon skins or armor plates (Halo Reach) sure don't change the game experience but it enhances online identity which I think is a plus.

[quote name='folkie_1']I went and pre-ordered mine today at BB. The guy wasn't sure what kind of swag they were going to have, but he tried to find out when I asked and he said beanies. I don't think it will be as cool as the hat/cog tags I got for Gears 2, but still nice knowing they are throwing something at us for going at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Il try to get pic and post it on here when I can

[quote name='Smart Aleck']I know this has been said about 1,000,000 times before, and I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but if you don't want the skins, don't buy them. I, for one, will not spend 3/4ths of the game's retail price on weapon skins; the only thing that proves is that I am a 6 year old that gives 2 shits about what color the pixels are in a video game. [/QUOTE]
Mostly I agree with you, but the only thing I hate about people buying stuff like this at this type of price is that it encourages other developers/publishers to push out similar content near those prices.

[quote name='atc250es']Gears 3 limited in back in stock at amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. GS restocks it too. It seems like they have made more. Perhaps it may end up like Halo Reach LE where there are still tons left after launch and readily available for months down the road. If so, it may end up as a LD for $60 or below (wishful thinking)...

Did anyone pre-ordered from walmart? I just received an email late last night saying my ordered have been shipped, and it is at Fedex Facility? So does Walmart get these early or something? Anyone have any similar experience?

[quote name='Deathdenial']Did anyone pre-ordered from walmart? I just received an email late last night saying my ordered have been shipped, and it is at Fedex Facility? So does Walmart get these early or something? Anyone have any similar experience?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure ALL the retailers already had them for over a week.

[quote name='Deathdenial']Did anyone pre-ordered from walmart? I just received an email late last night saying my ordered have been shipped, and it is at Fedex Facility? So does Walmart get these early or something? Anyone have any similar experience?[/QUOTE]

Yes, everytime I order from amazon with release day delivery, they often ship on Sat. It's to ensure the guarantee they set forth. It's probably cheaper to ship out a few days before rather than spend money to overnight it on monday.

I think the weapon skin deal is going to backfire hard. Its absurd and I'm offended that they would charge such a high price. Here I was thinking that the Season Pass for 2400 points get you all the weapon skins + all DLC. Man I was dead wrong. Only the desperate idiots that want to boost their gamer ego will buy these. I'm a cheapassgamer I'll wait till they go for the DoTW.

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']Well yeah, but it's worth commenting on, since there has been so much speculation. I don't feel at all ripped off, but it had to cross their minds how absurd the pricing for it is. Hopefully this sentiment is shared by the majority and we see a discount somewhere down the line to a more reasonable price.

Little things like weapon skins or armor plates (Halo Reach) sure don't change the game experience but it enhances online identity which I think is a plus.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. If you buy the Season Pass and the weapon skins package, it costs more than the standard game, lol.

I also appreciate online identity, but paying 45 dollars for ONLY guns skins is absurd. The least that could be included is customizable characters...

I'm sure everyone is a little peeved about the skins (me included sorta) but the pricing is fair if you look at the cost and maintenance of the dedicated servers for the game's multiplayer which I'm sure costs alot. And of course, the actual cost of the game is hopefully covered by how much and how well it sales new on the market.

Overall tho, I am disappointed that all of these skins are already available on the disc itself and once again we're just paying for unlock codes. Epic = Capcom

I finally got a response from Gamestop.

The GS Rep said if you were able to place an order, you will get your order. Pay no attention if it says "backorderd".

If you were able to place an order, you will get it.

That's what the rep told me.

[quote name='Haggar']I finally got a response from Gamestop.

The GS Rep said if you were able to place an order, you will get your order. Pay no attention if it says "backorderd".

If you were able to place an order, you will get it.

That's what the rep told me.[/QUOTE]

Its gamestop so They will fuck up somehow. Either that or They will gut it ........

[quote name='strait edge follower']Its gamestop so They will fuck up somehow. Either that or They will gut it ........[/QUOTE]

How can they gut a lancer replica?

[quote name='Haggar']How can they gut a lancer replica?[/QUOTE]

An employee got curious about how it looked and opened it up and closed it back up again.

what's an "animated" weapon skin? that's the only pack i'm slightly considering at 320msp, or the non animated ones at 240msp, just curious which skins follow under which category

I think I'm going to return my Limited Edition after I use my Dom code. I just can't justify paying an extra $80 after the Xbox bundle.

Just throwing out a feeler, but would anyone be interested in buying a Limited Edition w/o the metal cog? I'd include the Adam code, I just want the cog itself.

[quote name='Saiyan']I think I'm going to return my Limited Edition after I use my Dom code. I just can't justify paying an extra $80 after the Xbox bundle.

Just throwing out a feeler, but would anyone be interested in buying a Limited Edition w/o the metal cog? I'd include the Adam code, I just want the cog itself.[/QUOTE]

Honestly you are better off with standard and the $20 GC. I downgraded because of Season Pass and "Skins". You could probably pick up a limited edition/epic edition later down the road. If you want an Octus Medal then its best to have the case. If you want COGS then get a some COG tags.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Honestly you are better off with standard and the $20 GC. I downgraded because of Season Pass and "Skins". You could probably pick up a limited edition/epic edition later down the road. If you want an Octus Medal then its best to have the case. If you want COGS then get a some COG tags.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was still considering keeping the Limited Edition even though I'm getting the Gears Xbox. But after seeing the unboxings I kinda lost interest in it. I still like the cog, but I figure it's the meat of the LE and wouldn't be able to sell it w/o it.

I thought I heard the cog in the LE was higher quality than the ones they sell separately.

[quote name='teh_minus']I'm sure everyone is a little peeved about the skins (me included sorta) but the pricing is fair if you look at the cost and maintenance of the dedicated servers for the game's multiplayer which I'm sure costs alot. And of course, the actual cost of the game is hopefully covered by how much and how well it sales new on the market.

Overall tho, I am disappointed that all of these skins are already available on the disc itself and once again we're just paying for unlock codes. Epic = Capcom[/QUOTE]

I CANNOT even remotely justify buying extra weapon skins. Of COURSE they're available on the disc. Of COURSE Epic is charging money for them. This is just like countless other games have done in the past, and I won't blame Epic if morons are willing to shell out money for them.

I, for one, will not buy any useless content from GOW3. I will have no problem buying map packs, or extra campaign content (in fact, I'll probably either buy the season pass or the DLCs individually), but I REFUSE to shell out for something that has literally no impact on my Gears experience.

[quote name='Saiyan']Yeah, I was still considering keeping the Limited Edition even though I'm getting the Gears Xbox. But after seeing the unboxings I kinda lost interest in it. I still like the cog, but I figure it's the meat of the LE and wouldn't be able to sell it w/o it.

I thought I heard the cog in the LE was higher quality than the ones they sell separately.[/QUOTE]

Yes the Octus Medal is good quality. And you are right it is the meat of the LE. After seeing the COG flag being so small and no steelcase I gave up on LE.

Your best bet is to sell the game to one of your friends or craigslist.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Yes the Octus Medal is good quality. And you are right it is the meat of the LE. After seeing the COG flag being so small and no steelcase I gave up on LE.

Your best bet is to sell the game to one of your friends or craigslist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah without a steelbook it felt like a deal breaker. The game case looks like a joke IMO. I'm just hesitant to cancel my order since it's not available anymore lol. I think I'll check out a more thorough unboxing on YouTube before I return it.

[quote name='Saiyan']I think I'm going to return my Limited Edition after I use my Dom code. I just can't justify paying an extra $80 after the Xbox bundle.

Just throwing out a feeler, but would anyone be interested in buying a Limited Edition w/o the metal cog? I'd include the Adam code, I just want the cog itself.[/QUOTE]

Sell the game on eBay as "brand new" ~$50 & sell the Adam Fenix code ~$10-15. If you don't care for the preoder skin, you can sell that for ~$20-40 (just sold my Baird for $40). After all that, you keep the Limited Edition swag + make a little profit. DO IT!!1!

I wanted to share with my CAG community, mostly for those who are wondering if Gears 3 is worth full price. Let me put any of those fears to rest.

I was fortunate enough to get to play Gears 3 for a little over 2 hours before work on Thursday. No, my Dad doesn't work at Epic. :p Buddy of mine reviews video games for a local newspaper and he got his retail copy for review on Monday.

Link to pictures before the "Pics or it didn't happen" starts. ;)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7803

Rarely does a game even meet expectations, let alone surpass them. If I could use one phrase to describe Gears 3, it would be "polished to perfection".

IMHO, it's the most vivid, gorgeous game on the 360. Color returns to the Gears universe! I found myself staring at the walls and background scenery. One multiplayer map, Overpass, features wind blowing down the street. Attached to a thin pole is a metal speed limit sign that flaps back and forth in the wind. It's the little details like those that do it for me.

Snapping in and out of cover feels better and the sound is remarkable. Building fortifications in Horde 2.0 is simple and feels like it belongs, not tacked on. I enjoy that the locust and lambent attack each other in Horde mode.

Where Horde is an endurance, Beast is a race. You have 1 minute in Beast to eliminate all the humans. Every fortification you destroy, or human you kill gives you a few more seconds of time. I couldn't get past wave 5 playing alone. There are just too many stranded and COG heroes shooting at you. I can see that strategy is going to be a big part of playing Beast with your friends.

In the short time I had with Gears, I'm beyond pleased. The game has exceeded my expectations. It makes me wish all game studios would delay their titles a year just to polish the experience.

I did everything short of offering sexual favors to let me borrow it for the weekend. :lol: It's gonna be a loooong weekend.

Regarding the weapon skin debacle, I can't believe they'd charge $45 for weapon skins. If that's true, then it's absolutely ridiculous. The season pass with content confirmed for all modes (Story, Horde, Beast & MP) yeah, that's worth my $30. But weapon skins?!? Has this been confirmed? If so, Boo on you Epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back