Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I haven't been here in a WHILE. I preordered it via Amazon. I orignally had it at Gamestop, but couldn't resisten Amazon's deal.:D Not sure if that was the right choice....oh well. Now with my $20 credit, I wonder what game I should get next. The new ones are all sequels of some sort. Maybe Battlefield 3 or Skyrim as they seem like they can be stand alone...:bouncy:

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I would also like to know this.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the 20 gift card, I don't think so. I called and asked them and they say walmart no longer take pre-order. I live in the U.S. So only walmart.com exclusive? Which I hate so much >.<

Walmart is really strange with their pre-order system. In my email, it say my gears will arrive on the 26th. Yet last night I receive an email saying it has shipped. I check FeDex Tracking and they say it is in transit and arriving on sept 20th. I don't know who to believe and walmart customer service is one of the worse. Never can get an answer from them. I really hope the FeDex tracking is correct, or else the game will arrive 6 days late for me =(

[quote name='Deathdenial']If you are talking about the 20 gift card, I don't think so. I called and asked them and they say walmart no longer take pre-order. I live in the U.S. So only walmart.com exclusive? Which I hate so much >.<

Walmart is really strange with their pre-order system. In my email, it say my gears will arrive on the 26th. Yet last night I receive an email saying it has shipped. I check FeDex Tracking and they say it is in transit and arriving on sept 20th. I don't know who to believe and walmart customer service is one of the worse. Never can get an answer from them. I really hope the FeDex tracking is correct, or else the game will arrive 6 days late for me =([/QUOTE]

Mine says 27th-29th but Fedex says 20th. Ive called Walmart many times and they gave me $16 credit "for my troubles" Never preordering from them again. You SHOULD receive it on the 20th. Mine is already near my state

Alright found out that Best Buy's midnight launch there will be Gears 3 beanies AND Tshirts. (They are size LARGE only I think).

Pic of the beanie

dU8Y9.jpg

[quote name='Deathdenial']If you are talking about the 20 gift card, I don't think so. I called and asked them and they say walmart no longer take pre-order. I live in the U.S. So only walmart.com exclusive? Which I hate so much >.<
/
I tried to preorder it at my Walmart almost a month ago and they told me I couldn't. And I also thought at first that it was a online exclusive, But then I remembered that last year when Reach came out they were doing a 'preorder online and get a $20 ecard' deal and they wouldn't let me preorder it either in store. But when I picked Reach up at midnight release, they gave me the $20 gift card. So I just didn't know if they were doing the same thing Gears 3 or not.

I was reading some stories about people selling codes online . I wanted to know if I really have a good chance selling the code that comes with the $60.00 version online.

[/QUOTE]

I tried to preorder it at my Walmart almost a month ago and they told me I couldn't. And I also thought at first that it was a online exclusive, But then I remembered that last year when Reach came out they were doing a 'preorder online and get a $20 ecard' deal and they wouldn't let me preorder it either in store. But when I picked Reach up at midnight release, they gave me the $20 gift card. So I just didn't know if they were doing the same thing Gears 3 or not.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']Mine says 27th-29th but Fedex says 20th. Ive called Walmart many times and they gave me $16 credit "for my troubles" Never preordering from them again. You SHOULD receive it on the 20th. Mine is already near my state[/QUOTE]

Yes it is really bad, I was planning to used the 20$ gift on skyrim, but with this much problem with their system, I probably won't. I don't want skyrim to be late. Seem really fun! :D

[quote name='CrippledChrist']Mine says 27th-29th but Fedex says 20th. Ive called Walmart many times and they gave me $16 credit "for my troubles" Never preordering from them again. You SHOULD receive it on the 20th. Mine is already near my state[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered online from them also, the LE. I got an email saying it was shipped but the tracking info doesn't come up with anything, on their site it says expected 27th-29th as well. Should I start calling as well?

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']I was reading some stories about people selling codes online . I wanted to know if I really have a good chance selling the code that comes with the $60.00 version online.[/QUOTE]

this

When Gears of War 2 came out, I went to the midnight launch at Universal City Walk in LA (They have a EB Games there). Cliffy B was there signing copies of Gears 2. I wonder if he is going to be there again.

[quote name='Trojann']When Gears of War 2 came out, I went to the midnight launch at Universal City Walk in LA (They have a EB Games there). Cliffy B was there signing copies of Gears 2. I wonder if he is going to be there again.[/QUOTE]

No he will be In NY with Rod Fergusson, thank God.... he was a total d bag when I met him at citywalk that night. Luckily Dimaggio made up for it:)

[quote name='SeanTM22']Alright found out that Best Buy's midnight launch there will be Gears 3 beanies AND Tshirts. (They are size LARGE only I think).

[/QUOTE]

Will everyone get one?

[quote name='SeanTM22']Alright found out that Best Buy's midnight launch there will be Gears 3 beanies AND Tshirts. (They are size LARGE only I think).[/quote]

Badass. I love me some swag. Do you have pics of the shirt?

[quote name='Trojann']Will everyone get one?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, although it was a large box I would estimate about 40 shirts and beanies and they will probably be given to the first people in line,since I don't think it has anything to do with preordering. I'll try get a pic of the shirts and post it tomorrow.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Not sure, although it was a large box I would estimate about 40 shirts and beanies and they will probably be given to the first people in line,since I don't think it has anything to do with preordering. I'll try get a pic of the shirts and post it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Can you still preorder in store? Online makes it ship and doesn't give the option.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Not sure, although it was a large box I would estimate about 40 shirts and beanies and they will probably be given to the first people in line,since I don't think it has anything to do with preordering. I'll try get a pic of the shirts and post it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, thanks.

[quote name='Finch106']Can you still preorder in store? Online makes it ship and doesn't give the option.[/QUOTE]

yes, you can still preorder in-store but the just know the swag is for the midnight launch and unrelated to preordering .

Yeah same as the Reach swag, I was going to get it from amazon for no taxes here, but the few dollars I'd spend in taxes are worth a shirt and beanie. Thanks.

Hopefully all the stores got this stuff and everything works out, I don't want to be known for giving false information if for some reason some of the stores didn't get the swag! lol

what trouble are you referring to? the inaccurate shipping details from walmart? you already have confirmation that your package is "near your state" from fedex with a delivery date of the 20th? even after they gave you $16 for absolutely nothing you come here b!tching and say you're NEVER pre ordering from them again.. some people just can't be pleased..

[quote name='SeanTM22']Hopefully all the stores got this stuff and everything works out, I don't want to be known for giving false information if for some reason some of the stores didn't get the swag! lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'm going to head over my Best Buy around 10:30

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']this[/QUOTE]
What do you mean? You have about a 100% chance of selling it if you list it and price it right. The kantus/elite grenadier can be sold for around $30 right now. Just be careful with your wording because you aren't supposed to sell digital crap like that on ebay (mention that you will ship it. As in a physical item, dont say anything about emailing it or youre going to risk having your listing pulled) and also there's always a chance someone will tell you their code didnt work or some other nonsense. It's not rampant or anything but it does happen maybe 5% or so of the time.

[quote name='havuk']what trouble are you referring to? the inaccurate shipping details from walmart? you already have confirmation that your package is "near your state" from fedex with a delivery date of the 20th? even after they gave you $16 for absolutely nothing you come here b!tching and say you're NEVER pre ordering from them again.. some people just can't be pleased..[/QUOTE]

HAHA, butthurt Walmart employee? Im not going to waste my time telling you the whole story about my order from Walmart. Thanks for the laugh though.

For all of the people worrying about the 20 giftcard from Walmart why don't you just go to the midnight launch to pick up a 2nd copy so you can get the swag, return your online order when you receive it and keep the $20 e-card since they already charged you for that because I'm sure it comes up as $40 for the game and $20 for the card. In case yall don't know you can buy a regular Walmart giftcard with the e-card as I have done it before.

[quote name='CrippledChrist']HAHA, butthurt Walmart employee? Im not going to waste my time telling you the whole story about my order from Walmart. Thanks for the laugh though.[/QUOTE]

lol what more is there to tell?? you've said it all.. :roll:

[quote name='havuk']lol what more is there to tell?? you've said it all.. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Why would you even care? Why would I care to tell you? Its not that big of a deal, I called, it got worked out. Everyone I know that ordered from Walmart has issues with their order.

[quote name='boogie4114']For all of the people worrying about the 20 giftcard from Walmart why don't you just go to the midnight launch to pick up a 2nd copy so you can get the swag, return your online order when you receive it and keep the $20 e-card since they already charged you for that because I'm sure it comes up as $40 for the game and $20 for the card. In case yall don't know you can buy a regular Walmart giftcard with the e-card as I have done it before.[/QUOTE]
I dont think there is not going to be a $20GC in stores or online because I read the small print on the add and it mentioned a $10GC instead. If I go out today I will stop by Walmart and get a picture for you all to see so you know what I am talking about and so you know what to expect.

[quote name='strait edge follower']two more days till we all hear marcus say "control this is delta" once again. Im stoked ![/QUOTE]
Hate to tell you this but the COG is no more. If you saw the We Are All Stranded Trailer you saw that the COG Disband. So you wont here Marcus say Control this is Delta but you will here Carmine say Ohhh Bacon. Lol.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Im gonna hump the UPS guy on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']Words cant describe how badly burned my eyes are after reading that ........[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']Words cant describe how badly burned my eyes are after reading that ........[/QUOTE]

Sorry I forgot to add "no homo" :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie4114
For all of the people worrying about the 20 giftcard from Walmart why don't you just go to the midnight launch to pick up a 2nd copy so you can get the swag, return your online order when you receive it and keep the $20 e-card since they already charged you for that because I'm sure it comes up as $40 for the game and $20 for the card. In case yall don't know you can buy a regular Walmart giftcard with the e-card as I have done it before.

I dont think there is not going to be a $20GC in stores or online because I read the small print on the add and it mentioned a $10GC instead. If I go out today I will stop by Walmart and get a picture for you all to see so you know what I am talking about and so you know what to expect.

My point was for people who already pre-ordered online with the $20 e-card but wants to get the swag from the midnight launch.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I think it all depends on where you live. They always use UPS for me.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. Fedex will not leave a package at my house unless someone is home.

[quote name='bigroot']I hope so. Fedex will not leave a package at my house unless someone is home.[/QUOTE]

not sure how they determine the carrier, most of the time usps delivers my amazon orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back