Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I've had Amazon use a private courier to deliver FSSS games. That just seems absurd to me.[/QUOTE]

Actually it make more sense to use regional courier since they are dealing with a smaller area and can get it deliver faster

[quote name='NegativeZero']Is there a best place to buy Epic Edition from?[/QUOTE]

this has massive price drop written all over it. the swag with the EE is really not that impressive or even be valuable. Halo Reach LE part 2.

[quote name='Donut2922']this has massive price drop written all over it. the swag with the EE is really not that impressive or even be valuable. Halo Reach LE part 2.[/QUOTE]

although i have the EE pre ordered from amazon and the limited from BB , i agree with this. seems like the last CE that was really hard to get was ME2 on xbox 360, other than that, i've been cleaning up getting the CE's i passed on for much less after a month or two...

So still no DETAILED information about those Weapon Skins? Like pics of them all and what comes with what pack?
I might just break down and buy the 'jumbo pack'... Don't crucify me!!! I still want to see them all and get more info on all the skins before buying anything other than the Animated Pack...

[quote name='VAL@CAG']So still no DETAILED information about those Weapon Skins? Like pics of them all and what comes with what pack?
I might just break down and buy the 'jumbo pack'... Don't crucify me!!! I still want to see them all and get more info on all the skins before buying anything other than the Animated Pack...[/QUOTE]

http://www.bootcamp-clan.com/cms/include/images/gears3/gearsofwar3_infected_omen.gif

P.S Its an animated skin, so it moves and stuff. (I threw down on Epic Edition I couldnt help it Im a Gears nerd)

[quote name='VAL@CAG']So still no DETAILED information about those Weapon Skins? Like pics of them all and what comes with what pack?
I might just break down and buy the 'jumbo pack'... Don't crucify me!!! I still want to see them all and get more info on all the skins before buying anything other than the Animated Pack...[/QUOTE]

I forgot to add in the previous post that you can only get these "infected omen" skins when you order Epic Edition, Gears Controller, Console Bundle.

So Amazon's failure to match either Kmart's or Target's deal on the console bundle just cost them a sale. I'll get it at Target instead. I'll have to pay tax but I won't have any trouble using a $40 giftcard and come out ~$17 ahead with Florida tax.

In the cancellation box I typed, "Target has a $40 giftcard with this." Here's hoping they step it up.

[quote name='Halo05']So Amazon's failure to match either Kmart's or Target's deal on the console bundle just cost them a sale. I'll get it at Target instead. I'll have to pay tax but I won't have any trouble using a $40 giftcard and come out ~$17 ahead with Florida tax.

In the cancellation box I typed, "Target has a $40 giftcard with this." Here's hoping they step it up.[/QUOTE]

Im getting the console, how can i reply to amazon about the 40 dollar gift card in hopes they match it? If i click tell of a lower price, there is no open field to write in saying it comes with a 40 dollar gift card. Should i use the feedback option?

[quote name='Halo05']So Amazon's failure to match either Kmart's or Target's deal on the console bundle just cost them a sale. I'll get it at Target instead. I'll have to pay tax but I won't have any trouble using a $40 giftcard and come out ~$17 ahead with Florida tax.

In the cancellation box I typed, "Target has a $40 giftcard with this." Here's hoping they step it up.[/QUOTE]

I can't blame you, man. I cancelled my amazon pre-order since Kmart had the "save 50% on a year of Live" deal, in addition to an exclusive skin and $20 game credit which Amazon gives you.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im getting the console, how can i reply to amazon about the 40 dollar gift card in hopes they match it?[/QUOTE]

I found a "this item is cheaper somewhere else" link somewhere on Amazon several days ago and while it didn't have a text box, I indicated that the system would be $360 at Target. I never got any sort of response back.

I won't get whatever skin came with the Amazon system but I don't really care about cosmetic addons and I didn't really want to deal with selling it off.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']Ok wow! Thx to you too kind sir! That really helps me figure out what to do. Most def gonna get the Animated Pack unless I just go ahead and buy the 'You-Just-Got-Raped-by-Epic' Camo Pack... : )

Decisions Decisions....[/QUOTE]

I just dont like the fact that we have to pay for on disk DLC. Seems illegal to me. Once you buy the disk, you should already own all its content.

Amazon now offers a $40 credit with the bundle. Gogogogogogo!

Bravo Amazon, you might have freaked me out by waiting 'til the last second but you made good.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I ordered it on the 16th, do you think ill get the 40 dollar credit or should i shoot them an email?[/QUOTE]

It should kick in for you. It's just weird that literally 4ish hours ago there was nothing and now it's there. I definitely double checked when I cancelled by initial order earlier today.

Still, saves me a trip to Target on Tuesday. Just have to wait for (probably) UPS dude.

Im kinda pissed though at how greedy Cliffy is, 3600 microsoft points for camos that serve no purpose for other than looking nice. I want to fight him in the streets!!

[quote name='havuk']although i have the EE pre ordered from amazon and the limited from BB , i agree with this. seems like the last CE that was really hard to get was ME2 on xbox 360, other than that, i've been cleaning up getting the CE's i passed on for much less after a month or two...[/QUOTE]

i'm all for collecting CE's for the fun of it even on Day 1. i've just noticed that this is offered at all retailers (BB, WM, TRU, GS). So this will be shitting on the shelves for months since it never went oos.

And Amazon comes through and gets my business for the console. $40 credit, release day delivery, no butting heads trying to price match at Best Buy. And free DLC, very nice.

[quote name='splintercell']And Amazon comes through and gets my business for the console. $40 credit, release day delivery, no butting heads trying to price match at Best Buy. And free DLC, very nice.[/QUOTE]

wow howd you pull that off ?

[quote name='Donut2922']i'm all for collecting CE's for the fun of it even on Day 1. i've just noticed that this is offered at all retailers (BB, WM, TRU, GS). So this will be shitting on the shelves for months since it never went oos.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I'll probably end up getting either the animated or non-animated weapon packs, definitely not the full $45 pack though[/QUOTE]

Well maybe both the Animated and Non-Animated, that's 320 and 240 I think right? That doesn't sound too bad...

or maybe, the 'You-Just-Got-Raped-by-Epic' Pack.... ?!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Im kinda pissed though at how greedy Cliffy is, 3600 microsoft points for camos that serve no purpose for other than looking nice. I want to fight him in the streets!![/QUOTE]

...but you know he just wants a new Ferrari or Lamborghini - I don't remember which he got after the success of Gears 1, then others got rides after the success of Gears 2. They'll have EPIC Private Jets after Gears 3...

SAD, all at they're loyal gamers' expense...

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Im kinda pissed though at how greedy Cliffy is, 3600 microsoft points for camos that serve no purpose for other than looking nice. I want to fight him in the streets!![/QUOTE]
Uh, I really don't think CliffyB sits around and sets prices. It's probably a mix of Epic's sales team and microsoft's policy. If you're going to bitch at anyone, bitch at all the people who buy it.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']...but you know he just wants a new Ferrari or Lamborghini - I don't remember which he got after the success of Gears 1, then others got rides after the success of Gears 2. They'll have EPIC Private Jets after Gears 3...

SAD, all at they're loyal gamers' expense...[/QUOTE]

Also have to love his quote after GoW1 about ALWAYS giving free DLC and that's just how they do it...

Well now at GoW3 launch they haven't even released the game yet and have over $60 of DLC purchasable content (skins and pass). Someone needs to eat some crow.

This is what happens when people on ebay go crazy for these skins. I have also seen a bunch of people here on the forums pre-ordering from a lot of different places just to get the skins. Epic sees this and they price accordingly. If people weren't going bat shit crazy over these skins they would either not bother putting them for sale or making them so expensive. Demand is a bitch when it comes to digital content.

When Gears of War 2 came out people paid up to $100 for 1 Gold Weapon Skin. That being the Gold Hammerburst or Gold Lancer. Then they paid up to another $100 to get the other skin. So technically they paid up to $200 just to have the Gold Hammer/Lancer. Now when Gears of War 3 comes out people will be paying anywhere between $25-$75 for a Preorder Skin that will probably become DLC at a later date. But you are angry and are complaining because 100+ Weapon Skins cost $45. Why? Anyway change the topic. I found a nice unboxing video for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and if you want to talk about Epic Fails talk about the sound the Retro Lancer makes when you pull the trigger. Sure it looks nice and will make a nice addition to a collection. Watch the video you will see. I cant tell if it sounds like a fart or a power tool.

Yes! Thank you Amazon for making me feel better about my purchase. I ordered my console a few days ago and I just screen-captured the Credit Offer to make sure I get it.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']When Gears of War 2 came out people paid up to $100 for 1 Gold Weapon Skin. That being the Gold Hammerburst or Gold Lancer. Then they paid up to another $100 to get the other skin. So technically they paid up to $200 just to have the Gold Hammer/Lancer. Now when Gears of War 3 comes out people will be paying anywhere between $25-$75 for a Preorder Skin that will probably become DLC at a later date. But you are angry and are complaining because 100+ Weapon Skins cost $45. Why?[/QUOTE]

Im fine with them pricing it as they did as they wouldn't do it if no one bought it. Just kinda annoyed that If anyone brings up that quote from GoW1 CliffyB shoots them down and or gets temp banned on the forums (all hearsay, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did given their short fuses on the forums).

In case anyone is trying to figure it out, the skins pack is only 3600 points. Its not like its real money anyway. that should make you feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']When Gears of War 2 came out people paid up to $100 for 1 Gold Weapon Skin. That being the Gold Hammerburst or Gold Lancer. Then they paid up to another $100 to get the other skin. So technically they paid up to $200 just to have the Gold Hammer/Lancer. Now when Gears of War 3 comes out people will be paying anywhere between $25-$75 for a Preorder Skin that will probably become DLC at a later date. But you are angry and are complaining because 100+ Weapon Skins cost $45. Why? Anyway change the topic. I found a nice unboxing video for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and if you want to talk about Epic Fails talk about the sound the Retro Lancer makes when you pull the trigger. Sure it looks nice and will make a nice addition to a collection. Watch the video you will see. I cant tell if it sounds like a fart or a power tool.
[/QUOTE]

I'd hate so say it but that sounds like a brumak farting. Seriously bad sfx.

[quote name='Numero5ive']I'd hate so say it but that sounds like a brumak farting. Seriously bad sfx.[/QUOTE]

How do you know what a Brumak farting sounds like? LOL! Agreed.

[quote name='warmonked']Uh, I really don't think CliffyB sits around and sets prices. It's probably a mix of Epic's sales team and microsoft's policy. If you're going to bitch at anyone, bitch at all the people who buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he also has no say on anything either right? Why would he bother saying anything when he gets a take too?

As long as I get an excellent game at the end of the day I dont care, I guess I'l just wait for the price to go down on the skins.

[quote name='Chilly Chill']Am I the only one disappointed by the infected omen weapons skins?[/QUOTE]

Only thing that might be better is if they pulsed faster. Ill be using the liquid metal guns probably the most, since to me those are more "chrome" than the chrome guns. LOL

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
http://www.bootcamp-clan.com/cms/include/images/gears3/gearsofwar3_infected_omen.gif

I was under the assumption this was what it looked like but when I actually saw what it really looked like I was kinda like meh

Crap you guys made made me change my order from the regular edition of the game to the console bundle. Figure I can sell a controller on feedbay for 50 and the codes for 25 each or so. Time for my 20 GB xbox pro to retire

[quote name='jr8rulz']In case anyone is trying to figure it out, the skins pack is only 3600 points. Its not like its real money anyway. that should make you feel better.[/QUOTE]

Unlike money, Microsoft Points do grow on trees!

From what they looked like on the Epic page that listed how they all looked, they all aren't worth 40 dollars. The only one that really looks good in my opinion AND is worth the money is the liquid metal and only because it comes with the Season Pass.

I was on the fence about the lightning one but after seeing it, it looks lame as shit, same with the other cloudy looking one, pulse looks pretty cool though.

[quote name='hustletron']From what they looked like on the Epic page that listed how they all looked, they all aren't worth 40 dollars. The only one that really looks good in my opinion AND is worth the money is the liquid metal and only because it comes with the Season Pass.

I was on the fence about the lightning one but after seeing it, it looks lame as shit, same with the other cloudy looking one, pulse looks pretty cool though.[/QUOTE]

I thought the electric one looked decent. I disagreed on the pulse. Was hoping it would be more of a pulsing than a sonaresque sweeping motion. I like the liquid metal look and will probably use that one.

If the infected omen one pulsed more it would be pretty cool, but I could barely even tell it was an action skin.

The one I was interested in was the ocean one. That one looked interesting.

Found out about all the swag that Best Buy should have for the midnight launch.

1. Beanies
2. t-shirts (size L/XL)
3. Gears 3 Lanyards
4. Mini Gears 3 controller keychains
5. Gears 3 comic book

Looking forward to the release!!!!

[quote name='SeanTM22']Found out about all the swag that Best Buy should have for the midnight launch.

1. Beanies
2. t-shirts (size L/XL)
3. Gears 3 Lanyards
4. Mini Gears 3 controller keychains
5. Gears 3 comic book

Looking forward to the release!!!![/QUOTE]

Holy shit. All I got at Madden was a poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back